The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > General Movies > Marvel Films

View Poll Results: Who's the best choice to be Ms. Marvel?
Kristen Bell 4 6.67%
Abbie Cornish 14 23.33%
Katee Sackhoff 39 65.00%
Maggie Grace 3 5.00%
Voters: 60. You may not vote on this poll

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-07-2013, 09:40 PM   #11
cph9fa
Side-Kick

Default Re: Who should play Ms. Marvel if she gets her own film?

Quote:
Originally Posted by haephestus View Post
Re: Tone and Powers

A romantic drama would be a new "tone" for a Marvel Movie Universe film, but I would hope that it doesn't concentrate too much on the possible romance between Captain Mar-Vell and Carol Danvers.

I expect it to be a mix of military and space with Carol Danvers as the audience surrogate. The closest film I can think of is "Contact" with Jodie Foster since that also had a romance storyline threaded through it, but I'm sure there would be a better film analogy.

As for powers, I would like to see Captain Marvel with super-strength, flight, super-durability and some kind of energy projection. As for how Captain Marvel obtains her powers, I like the idea of tying her origins into The Inhumans with her powers being derived from an updated/enhanced version of the Terrigen Mist. But, I'd still like to see Captain Mar-Vell/Walter Lawson somehow "sacrifice" himself in both saving Carol and granting her powers.

Perhaps they could be attacked by either Skrull, or more preferably anti-human Kree, and Captain Mar-Vell doses Carol with the Terrigen Mist as a last-ditch effort to save her life and give her a fighting chance against their enemy. Captain Mar-Vell then dies defending her while she undergoes her transformation?
Similar to what I'm thinking, although I thought it might be cool if, instead of Mar Vell transforming her to save her life (or her falling victim to an explosion), she willfully chooses to transform herself in an effort to save his life -- despite knowing that she will lose her humanity, and that the process may not work.

cph9fa is offline   Reply With Quote