The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Batman > The Batman

Old Yesterday, 09:07 PM   #801
C Prometheus
Side-Kick

Default Re: Batman/Bruce Wayne Casting Thread - Part 3

Word on the street is that The Batman will be set roughly 15 years before Man of Steel (aka roughly 3 years into Bruce's career as Batman). Take it with a grain of salt if you want, but don't be surprised if Reeves goes for an actor in their late 20's or early 30's.

Old Yesterday, 09:24 PM   #802
Boom
I got nothin'

Source?

Old Yesterday, 09:29 PM   #803
Spider-Fan83
with great power...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gamma Goliath View Post
He somehow reminds me of a young nathan fillion
I was going to say a young, David Boreanaz... but can kinda see that too

he's like if Nathan and David had a kid lol

Spider-Fan83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 09:29 PM   #804
C Prometheus
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boom View Post
Source?
ManaByte's been mentioning it in a thread or two over at ResetEra. He's typically in the know on these sorts of things and was the guy who originally broke the story on Marvel Studios adapting The Eternals to film earlier this year.

Old Yesterday, 09:36 PM   #805
Astro13Zombie
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by C Prometheus View Post
Word on the street is that The Batman will be set roughly 15 years before Man of Steel (aka roughly 3 years into Bruce's career as Batman). Take it with a grain of salt if you want, but don't be surprised if Reeves goes for an actor in their late 20's or early 30's.
Yes PLEASE

Astro13Zombie is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 09:45 PM   #806
fan4stic
Side-Kick

If that's true, for me Alexander Koch it is then!

fan4stic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 10:17 PM   #807
Deck Rickard
Fighting is what I do.

LOL is that the guy from Under the Dome?

Deck Rickard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 11:25 PM   #808
Sawyer
High King

You know, there are aspects of the DCEU that I've liked, but I have to be perfectly honest here: I feel absolutely no desire to see these movies bend over backwards to fit themselves into a continuity of films that, with few exceptions, haven't been working.

Let Reeves' Batman be Batman. Not Affleck's Batman 15 years ago. Batman.

@HIGHzurrer

If your first TV love was Buffy, this season of The Magicians is the adult who looks like that first crush but is into your kink.
*sees someone trolling DCEU fans* *prepares to say something* *sees Snyder stans somehow being even more obnoxious than the trolls* *sighs*

*rinse and repeat*
Sawyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 11:45 PM   #809
Astro13Zombie
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sawyer View Post
You know, there are aspects of the DCEU that I've liked, but I have to be perfectly honest here: I feel absolutely no desire to see these movies bend over backwards to fit themselves into a continuity of films that, with few exceptions, haven't been working.

I don’t disagree.

BUT

I do think it would be kinda nice to see what kind of person and hero he was before the things that turned him paranoid and cruel later in life.
It would make his cruelty in BvS mean more.

If done well, it could be viewd as it’s own thing entirely or as part of a bigger story for anyone that cares to connect it to BvS

Last edited by Astro13Zombie; Yesterday at 11:48 PM.
Astro13Zombie is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 11:58 PM   #810
2kt09
Here 'N' There

Quote:
Originally Posted by Astro13Zombie View Post
I don’t disagree.

BUT

I do think it would be kinda nice to see what kind of person and hero he was before the things that turned him paranoid and cruel later in life.
It's Batman. That iconic rich secretly emo kid who grew up to be "the dark knight". That's why most of his sidekicks are polar opposites.

Gunn_______Whedon________Kinberg
Reed________Goyer
2kt09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 05:38 AM   #811
C Prometheus
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sawyer View Post

To be fair, the DCEU has repeatedly retconned stuff out from the Snyder films that didn't work. Just look at Wonder Woman and how Jenkins tossed out the idea that Diana walked away from mankind for a century.

My guess is Reeves will introduce a bit of a different take on Batman than Affleck's, even if it's supposed to be a younger Pre-BvS Batfleck, and then new DCEU films set in the present will follow the mold Reeves sets up rather than Batfleck.

Old Today, 09:58 AM   #812
Rorschach2012
I'll Cancel the Pizzas

Quote:
Originally Posted by Astro13Zombie View Post
I don’t disagree.

BUT

If done well, it could be viewd as it’s own thing entirely or as part of a bigger story for anyone that cares to connect it to BvS
Not down with that. I want to forget BVS ever happened. I wouldn't care at all if BVS and JL were completely ignored and were essentially not canon.

Rorschach2012 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 10:28 AM   #813
Deck Rickard
Fighting is what I do.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rorschach2012 View Post
Not down with that. I want to forget BVS ever happened. I wouldn't care at all if BVS and JL were completely ignored and were essentially not canon.
This.

Let Reeves do his own thing and not be beholden to Snyder's and Affleck's BS.

Old Today, 11:14 AM   #814
thebatfan5194
Side-Kick

Agreed. I really don't care about maintaining continuity if Affleck is truly gone. Just have Matt Reeves make his movie with a younger Batman. Bending over backwards will just bog down the movie.

If they decide to do a JL 2 at some point (maybe 4 or 5 years down the line), we may already have had two Batman movies with this hypothetical new/younger actor.

If those movies are smash hits, do we really think anyone will give a **** that it's not Affleck anymore or that continuity doesn't line up properly? I sure as hell won't.

thebatfan5194 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 11:23 AM   #815
Travesty
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by thebatfan5194 View Post
Agreed. I really don't care about maintaining continuity if Affleck is truly gone. Just have Matt Reeves make his movie with a younger Batman. Bending over backwards will just bog down the movie.

If they decide to do a JL 2 at some point (maybe 4 or 5 years down the line), we may already have had two Batman movies with this hypothetical new/younger actor.

If those movies are smash hits, do we really think anyone will give a **** that it's not Affleck anymore or that continuity doesn't line up properly? I sure as hell won't.
No, the GA wont care, as we've already seen this with Batman. The Schumacher movies are supposed to be the same Batman that Burton made.

But right now, we don't know much about Reeves' Batman to really be too emotionally attached or angry about continuity within the DCEU. We'll just have to wait and see.

Old Today, 11:33 AM   #816
thebatfan5194
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Travesty View Post

But right now, we don't know much about Reeves' Batman to really be too emotionally attached or angry about continuity within the DCEU. We'll just have to wait and see.
Exactly! Right now it's not tangible so the idea of recasting seems off-putting to some. But by the time these characters even cross over again it will be well into the 2020s with possibly multiple movies under the new guy's belt.

thebatfan5194 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 12:39 PM   #817
-VisionsVision-
Odyssey

Quote:
Originally Posted by C Prometheus View Post
Would be interesting for sure.....

Old Today, 01:24 PM   #818
Vaibow
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rorschach2012 View Post
I'm with you on this one, i kinda want to forget BvS and JL (i've forgotten about that will smith movie too).

My idea, i have said before is to utilize the two years before BvS after MOS - there are easily 2 movie's worth of events to make a movie.

MOS2 could easily be set a month after MOS and we see Clark's next step, what he does to win the city over - we can have Lex Luthor Jnr's father be the real lex and it's the events of these movies that puts him away and brings out his son.

With an imagination and a clever script it could easily work and would act as a MOS trilogy before BvS.

WW is lucky to be able to do this, with ww1984 and i assume any other sequel has 2 more decades to play with.

Flash has time travel and can stand alone from events, same for AM.

Green lantern corps can have any time period it likes and be out in space.

So with this in mind, you can easily make a phase of good movies whilst not having to deal with trying tog et away from the snyder verse, if indeed that is a thing.

Same for Batman, have it 15 years earlier and you know what, if they want to move foreword with batman and the time lines meet up, just have the flash do something that alters reality and swipes BvS and JL from the time line (but that wouldn't be for another 10 years from now.

Vaibow is online now   Reply With Quote