The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Transformers > Transformers: Dark of the Moon

Closed Thread

Old 01-10-2011, 10:09 PM   #2176
Marvin
Side-Kick

Default Re: The Official Transformers 3 News And Speculation Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClintF View Post
Im fine with the timeline thing with Megatron being discovered in the 1800's then Sector 7 being formed and keeping a lid on his discovery etc, but it was clearly NASA that sent the Rover to Mars in 2003 per the first trailer, so why focus on Mars when there are bots/ship on the Moon, thats a LOT closer, yea I know not everyone from NASA knew etc but some Im sure had to in order to further launch future explorations for intel and such, just seems like a rehash of the first trailer except with the Moon instead of Mars.
or to deliver on the sweeping conceptual promise of the first.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Chibi Kiriyama View Post
The ancient astronauts trope brings with it the wonder of discovery, which is a great feeling to instill when your movie's about giant robots from outer space. What's not cool is when the movie's about dogs humping, Minstrel Autobots, and big brass balls. If they revisit the same well to avoid a repeat of TF2, that's fine by me.
when it comes to popcorn 4th of july summer fare, that's like saying why involve womanizing male superheroes or funny little asian men in trunks...the summer "good" film experience of the masses transcends the tastes of the few.

Old 01-10-2011, 10:17 PM   #2177
Spade
Seeking new challengers

A Transformers film can be bombastic and not have to be dopey. The first one was awesome, with its AllSpark quest and amazing action sequences. Even the humor worked, in doses. But I'm hard pressed to find many people who still think Revenge of the Fallen was the summer "good" film experience they paid 10 USD for.

Old 01-10-2011, 11:00 PM   #2178
Marvin
Side-Kick

I tend to agree for the most part, however it's a subjective view point to say the comedy and "dopeyness" of the first worked whilst saying the second did not. There are just as many people who like the film as they are people that don't. Critical response not withstanding...but you don't make that much money without a lot of people "liking" the film.

I recently saw Inglorious Bastards finally, I thought it was a "good" film experience, now my friends are telling me not to like it cause it's inaccurate(to say the least) it's got caricatures as leads and it's making dopey jokes out of WW2, something both grave as well as something that has been done before and very well.

Inglorious Bastards, the silliest war film to date(next to pearl harbor apparently).
10usd. and a "good" film experience subjectively speaking

All signs point to the second sequel being more tonally focused. Good news.

Last edited by Marvin; 01-10-2011 at 11:03 PM.
Old 01-11-2011, 12:25 AM   #2179
PyroChamber
Not lactose, it's milk!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silver Knight View Post
Does anyone even care about this movie? (not trolling)
I'd be lying if I said I wasn't interested a little bit. They spent all summer filming in Chicago, particularly near my job, and I wanna see the outcome.

Quote:
Sometimes, it's so easy, I'm ashamed of myself.
Old 01-12-2011, 02:16 PM   #2180
ViciousValentin
Side-Kick

http://www.**************.com/fansit.../news/?a=27797

Possible confirmation of Sentinel Prime.Plus other characters.

Old 01-12-2011, 02:21 PM   #2181
Crockett
With Teeth

Can't be too sure but if it's true then it's cool. Sentinel Prime, "new villain" probably Shockwave but Barricade, wtf?

Old 01-12-2011, 02:22 PM   #2182
ViciousValentin
Side-Kick

My questions is who is the Ferrari? Roadbuster?

My hype level for this movie is going up slowly I believe Bay & CO. are going balls to wall on this flick and its gonna be crazy.
Any way heres what it shoulda been...........

The origins……The Fallen betrayed the other 12 primes in a grand battle with his first minion Megatron whom the Fallen created to be the General over the Decepticon Army. While the Primes were dedicated to serving and worshipping the cube, and taught from the knowledge of the cube to respect all forms of life the Fallen wanted the cube for his own purposes of ruling the galaxy leading to the beginning of the war. The Primes on the verge of defeat used the cube to give birth to the Auto bot race and that of Optimus Prime to stand for peace and justice on Cybertron. The Primes had taken all their knowledge and a piece of each of the original 12’s spark and placed it in a gold shielded capsule called matrix of leadership, and sacrificed themselves to hide the cube on planet earth far out of the reach of The Fallen. Without the cube the Fallen couldn’t fully recover from the battle with the Primes and entered a state of stasis and leaving the rule of the Decepticons to his first disciple Megatron. During the 1000 th year of the war the Autobot Nation had dwindled down to the last survivors which made up Optimus Primes army. Megatron sent out hundreds of scouting drones throughout the galaxy with no results unitl finally his number 2 in command and lead communications expert Soundwave discovered technology on a unknown planet millions of galaxies away from Cybertron called earth. Without notifying the rest of his horde Megatron set out to capture the cube and destroy anything in his path. Starscream the leading soldier in the decepticon army being determined to one day rule cybertron, disabled Megatron atmospheric defenses and communication unknowingly to Megatron causing him to crash into the Northern hemisphere of the Earth and been buried under millions of years of ice undectatable to the rest of the decepticons. Soundwave and Starscream now rule the decepticons in two separate factions with Starscream having control of the army and Soundwave leading in Communication, transport and leading the search for Megatron and the All-Spark. Soundwave has been relentlessly searching all the planets in the galaxy for Megastron for hundreds of years, while deploying a team of decepticons to earth to search , no traces of MEgatron have been found to date, but the Decepticons have been secretly developing the planet earth and the technology here to one day take over this planet as their new home and use the natural resources as a replacement of energy for the All-Spark. Earth’s temperature slowing increasing over the years have melted away at the icy tomb where Megatron rests and Soundwave has finally located Megatron and has sent word back to Starscream of the discovery. Soundwave now has deployed a battalion of his decepticon spies to retrieve Megatron and determine the location of the All-Spark.
The Auto bots using their own spy intercepted the transmissions from Soundwave have arrived on earth to stop Soundwave from freeing Megatron and recover the cube to rebuild the Auotbot nation and over take the control of the decepticons on Cybertron.

Last edited by ViciousValentin; 01-12-2011 at 02:26 PM.
Old 01-12-2011, 02:25 PM   #2183
Dr Lee
Feet first into hell

Roadbuster is probably a Wrecker.... the Arcee listing is interesting...

There's enough out there to suggest that one of the bikes survived ROTF... so could that listing be a new mold or just a retool of the ROTF mold?

Old 01-12-2011, 02:28 PM   #2184
Crockett
With Teeth

It's possible, Crankcase maybe one of the transformers that have the Chevrolet Sparks as their alt mode?

Old 01-12-2011, 02:35 PM   #2185
ViciousValentin
Side-Kick

The first movie shoulda showed Soundwave and the Construticons revivng Megs and ending in the defeat of the Autobots. but the Autobots where able to destroy the cube..do a movie different for a change where the heroes lose ...

Second movie coulda surronded Decpticons attempting to revive the Fallen somehow, IDK maybe a weapon that would transfer power from sun to awken the Fallen. Autobots defeat Decepticons and send them back to space.

Third one could be set in not so distant future as a nod to original 1986 animated movie be a huge war on earth, Optimus is killed passing the matrix onto Hot Rod, by doing so he awkens Uniciron.

Old 01-12-2011, 06:33 PM   #2186
Hotwire
Dealin' W/ Demons

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crockett View Post
Can't be too sure but if it's true then it's cool. Sentinel Prime, "new villain" probably Shockwave but Barricade, wtf?
Barricade wasn't in ROTF, but he still got two new toys out of it. Recolors and retools have been Hasbro's bread and butter since day one.

Old 01-13-2011, 07:27 AM   #2187
AVEITWITHJAMON
Cloud kicks ass

^I actually hope Barricade is in this as his absence was simply ignored in ROTF.

1)Avengers: Infinity War-9.5(2)A Quiet Place-9(3)Black Panther-9(4)Deadpool 2-9(5)The Shape of Water-8.5(6)Ready Player One-8(7)Solo: A Star Wars Story-8(8)Jurassic World- Fallen Kingdom-7.5(9)Tomb Raider-7(10)Pacific Rim Uprising-7
Old 01-13-2011, 07:46 AM   #2188
Ipodman
Love Tension

Actually Barricade was rushing to the city in the first movie but he didnt reach there at all!!

Old 01-13-2011, 08:53 AM   #2189
ClintF
Victims, aren't we all

Just because they are releasing toys for certain TF characters doesn't mean they will be in the movie, I mean look at all the toys they released for ROTF that weren't even in the film. That's the only reason I don't rely on if there is a toy then the character will be in the film, but who knows.

Old 01-13-2011, 10:56 AM   #2190
TheGovna
Newbie First Class

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ipodman View Post
Actually Barricade was rushing to the city in the first movie but he didnt reach there at all!!
He was probably using google maps and got lost.

Old 01-14-2011, 04:25 AM   #2191
Enlil
ENLIL

1st toys pic (and first visual as well ) of starscream as a vehicule ( not yet the robot )
http://www.cinewebradio.com/index.ph...news&Itemid=41

Old 01-14-2011, 04:57 AM   #2192
Ipodman
Love Tension

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enlil View Post
1st toys pic (and first visual as well ) of starscream as a vehicule ( not yet the robot )
http://www.cinewebradio.com/index.ph...news&Itemid=41
Looks exactly the same???

Old 01-14-2011, 05:16 AM   #2193
AnorexicBatman
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by AVEITWITHJAMON View Post
^I actually hope Barricade is in this as his absence was simply ignored in ROTF.
Why? What is this INCEPTION where we need or hell even want consistency?
He died.... it was in that one comic no one read

He was ignored with good reason. No one cares or remembers
Plus why have him when we can show shiny new toys/charecters

Raditz had triggered a memory that Vegeta wished never existed. He grabbed Raditz by his neck, lifted him up a good few feet off the ground and slammed his body into the large metallic wall behind them, paying no heed to his cries of mercy and slowly tightening his grip, “DON’T YOU EVER! REMIND ME OF THAT AGAIN!!”
Old 01-14-2011, 07:04 AM   #2194
Avangarde
Avan a Good Time

Actually Bay stated that he deleted that scene of the first movie because he liked Barricade and wanted to hold on to him for future use.

XBOX ONE
Stiffbiscuitz
Old 01-14-2011, 07:18 AM   #2195
AVEITWITHJAMON
Cloud kicks ass

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avangarde View Post
Actually Bay stated that he deleted that scene of the first movie because he liked Barricade and wanted to hold on to him for future use.
Exactly! I remember him stating this as well.

1)Avengers: Infinity War-9.5(2)A Quiet Place-9(3)Black Panther-9(4)Deadpool 2-9(5)The Shape of Water-8.5(6)Ready Player One-8(7)Solo: A Star Wars Story-8(8)Jurassic World- Fallen Kingdom-7.5(9)Tomb Raider-7(10)Pacific Rim Uprising-7
Old 01-14-2011, 05:41 PM   #2196
Hotwire
Dealin' W/ Demons

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ipodman View Post
Looks exactly the same???
The bottom pic is Voyager SS from ROTF. Just compare the tattoos and jet thrusters.

Old 01-14-2011, 06:09 PM   #2197
Spade
Seeking new challengers

Calling it now- the Lowe's car is Mirage.

Old 01-14-2011, 10:01 PM   #2198
Marvin
Side-Kick

another new and promising interview.

full of affirmation for both haters and optimists.

http://herocomplex.latimes.com/2011/...ind-of-a-mess/

Is this the only 3D shot movie of the summer?
I heard pirates might be.
If it is, then event status here we come.

Old 01-14-2011, 11:05 PM   #2199
Crockett
With Teeth

Pirates 4 is also shot in 3D.

Old 01-14-2011, 11:13 PM   #2200
Ipodman
Love Tension

Could be Wheeljack....

Closed Thread