The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Spider-Man > The Amazing Spider-Man

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-11-2012, 08:35 PM   #576
A Necessary Evil
One. Bad. Day.
 
A Necessary Evil's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Virginia
Posts: 9,217
Default Re: Jamie Foxx IS Electro - Part 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anno_Domini View Post
You're just a hothead

__________________
This is my design.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tacit Ronin View Post
The way SONY dominated Marc Webb was way more hardcore than anything in 50 Shades anyways.
A Necessary Evil is offline  
Old 12-11-2012, 08:38 PM   #577
Anno_Domini
Banned User
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 17,997
Default Re: Jamie Foxx IS Electro - Part 1

Hahaha. I'm going to say it once, and then I'm going to say it again to make it seem like a big deal which the Commissioner will say his department needs more of them good ol' hotheads.

Anno_Domini is offline  
Old 12-11-2012, 08:40 PM   #578
A Necessary Evil
One. Bad. Day.
 
A Necessary Evil's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Virginia
Posts: 9,217
Default Re: Jamie Foxx IS Electro - Part 1

The worst part of that is Blake showed zero examples of being a freaking hothead. Lol

__________________
This is my design.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tacit Ronin View Post
The way SONY dominated Marc Webb was way more hardcore than anything in 50 Shades anyways.
A Necessary Evil is offline  
Old 12-11-2012, 08:45 PM   #579
Anno_Domini
Banned User
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 17,997
Default Re: Jamie Foxx IS Electro - Part 1

Doesn't matter. Foley is a boss that says whatever the **** he wants

Anno_Domini is offline  
Old 12-11-2012, 08:46 PM   #580
Picard Sisko
Prepare to be Assimilated
 
Picard Sisko's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 17,944
Default Re: Jamie Foxx IS Electro - Part 1

So, yeah.... about Jamie Foxx being Electro...


is there a chance he isn't the only villain? Look at this:

http://comicbook.com/blog/2012/12/11...hange-offered/

__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Parker
"No matter how small I am--no matter how hopeless everything seems--I mustn't give up! My size doesn't matter! Even my life doesn't matter! No one can win--every battle, but--no man should fall-- without a struggle!"
Avatar by SpideyK.
Picard Sisko is offline  
Old 12-11-2012, 08:48 PM   #581
terry78
I don't die, fool
 
terry78's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Northwest Indiana
Posts: 77,191
Default Re: Jamie Foxx IS Electro - Part 1

I figured they weren't calling it Amazing Spider-Man 2. Spectacular is what I wanted. And the third should be Web of Spider-Man.

__________________
If I had asked people what they wanted, they would have said faster horses. - Henry Ford
-----------
Who the **** makes a movie and while planning it is like, "you know what this needs...is some Greg Kinnear."
terry78 is offline  
Old 12-11-2012, 08:49 PM   #582
Anno_Domini
Banned User
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 17,997
Default Re: Jamie Foxx IS Electro - Part 1

You ruined the hotheaded conversation by bringing up a debunked rumor.

You hothead.

Anno_Domini is offline  
Old 12-11-2012, 08:50 PM   #583
NewYorkSpider
Norm!
 
NewYorkSpider's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Posts: 26,847
Default Re: Jamie Foxx IS Electro - Part 1

Interesting. I loved Morbius' story in TAS. Not sure how it went in the comics.

NewYorkSpider is offline  
Old 12-11-2012, 08:54 PM   #584
Spiderdevil
Side-Kick
 
Spiderdevil's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 4,365
Default Re: Jamie Foxx IS Electro - Part 1

So if WebHead actually called Sony Pictures and they said what he said they did,Is the casting in trouble?

Spiderdevil is offline  
Old 12-11-2012, 09:10 PM   #585
TheAQU4M4N
K1NG Of ATL4NTiS!
 
TheAQU4M4N's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 3,970
Default Re: Jamie Foxx IS Electro - Part 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by terry78 View Post
I figured they weren't calling it Amazing Spider-Man 2. Spectacular is what I wanted. And the third should be Web of Spider-Man.
that or Ultimate Spider-Man for the last one.

__________________
"Destiny is like a riptide. You never know it's pulling you until its too late."
TheAQU4M4N is offline  
Old 12-11-2012, 10:16 PM   #586
pr0xyt0xin
Shaper Savant
 
pr0xyt0xin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: United States
Posts: 7,048
Default Re: Jamie Foxx IS Electro - Part 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheAQU4M4N View Post
that or Ultimate Spider-Man for the last one.
I have a couple problems with this. First off, what makes him Spectacular in the sequel and not in the original? What makes him Ultimate in the third? Defeating Green Goblin? Not saving Gwen?

Also, it limits the series. Who says film three is the last one anyway? I'm one of those who wants this series to stretch on. To maybe 6+ films. What happens when they run out of adjectives? Even if it doesn't go past 3 films, what will the reboot be called? Save the new adjectives for the reboots.

Finally, (and this one is my own selfish reason) if you call it Amazing Spider-Man 2, I feel it takes away from Raimi's trilogy in a sense. lol. Cuz its no longer a 4th spiderman film, but a new series. And I'm all for that.

__________________
Black Panther 8.5 | Avengers: Infinity War 10.0 | Deadpool 2 8.0 | Ant-Man and the Wasp X.X | Venom X.X | Aquaman X.X

Tradition is just dead people's baggage.
pr0xyt0xin is offline  
Old 12-11-2012, 10:19 PM   #587
Picard Sisko
Prepare to be Assimilated
 
Picard Sisko's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 17,944
Default Re: Jamie Foxx IS Electro - Part 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by pr0xyt0xin View Post
I have a couple problems with this. First off, what makes him Spectacular in the sequel and not in the original? What makes him Ultimate in the third? Defeating Green Goblin? Not saving Gwen?

Also, it limits the series. Who says film three is the last one anyway? I'm one of those who wants this series to stretch on. To maybe 6+ films. What happens when they run out of adjectives? Even if it doesn't go past 3 films, what will the reboot be called? Save the new adjectives for the reboots.

Finally, (and this one is my own selfish reason) if you call it Amazing Spider-Man 2, I feel it takes away from Raimi's trilogy in a sense. lol. Cuz its no longer a 4th spiderman film, but a new series. And I'm all for that.
Dude, its just a title. He wasn't Spectacular in the first film because he was Amazing? Don't over analyze it. Even if the third is "Ultimate Spider-Man," doesn't mean it has to be the last.

I don't think this franchise could go past 3 or 4 films without being stretched out to be honest. After this trilogy, Marvel should have the rights back. At least that's how I feel.

__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Parker
"No matter how small I am--no matter how hopeless everything seems--I mustn't give up! My size doesn't matter! Even my life doesn't matter! No one can win--every battle, but--no man should fall-- without a struggle!"
Avatar by SpideyK.
Picard Sisko is offline  
Old 12-11-2012, 11:05 PM   #588
shauner111
Side-Kick
 
shauner111's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 16,070
Default Re: Jamie Foxx IS Electro - Part 1

Oh it's gonna continue like the Bond series. Mark my words. We wont see an origin story for decades and decades. And the only way this series will NOT go past 6 movies or so, is if Marvel gets the rights back...but even then i cant see them rebooting.

New directors after the 3rd. Perhaps another 20 something year old actor taking over for Garfield after the 4th movie. But there's no reason to reboot for a very long time. It should continue. Dont spread it out too much. Keep Webbs trilogy in the "High School-Teenage Parker Years". Another trilogy with strictly Mary Jane and his intro to Daily Bugle into his 20s. Then a final trilogy within the first half of his 20s.

That's 3 trilogies that are all in continuity. If they're smart enough, they can spread these out every 2 or 3 years. Which means the franchise can go on for 20 years. By that time we can get a reboot.

It leaves enough time to squeeze a great amount of villains that have never seen the light of day on film. As well as improving on the rogues that Raimi handled. Cuz let's face it, once Green Goblin is over-with in Webbs last movie......i doubt the audience (especially general movie-goers) and future filmmakers will want to tackle that character for a very long time. And this is the case for Lizard and the rest of em'.

shauner111 is offline  
Old 12-11-2012, 11:17 PM   #589
Picard Sisko
Prepare to be Assimilated
 
Picard Sisko's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 17,944
Default Re: Jamie Foxx IS Electro - Part 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by shauner111 View Post
Oh it's gonna continue like the Bond series. Mark my words. We wont see an origin story for decades and decades. And the only way this series will NOT go past 6 movies or so, is if Marvel gets the rights back...but even then i cant see them rebooting.

New directors after the 3rd. Perhaps another 20 something year old actor taking over for Garfield after the 4th movie. But there's no reason to reboot for a very long time. It should continue. Dont spread it out too much. Keep Webbs trilogy in the "High School-Teenage Parker Years". Another trilogy with strictly Mary Jane and his intro to Daily Bugle into his 20s. Then a final trilogy within the first half of his 20s.

That's 3 trilogies that are all in continuity. If they're smart enough, they can spread these out every 2 or 3 years. Which means the franchise can go on for 20 years. By that time we can get a reboot.

It leaves enough time to squeeze a great amount of villains that have never seen the light of day on film. As well as improving on the rogues that Raimi handled. Cuz let's face it, once Green Goblin is over-with in Webbs last movie......i doubt the audience (especially general movie-goers) and future filmmakers will want to tackle that character for a very long time. And this is the case for Lizard and the rest of em'.
As long as Sony has the rights, there will be a movie every 5 years. You know, even though SM3 was bad, and its debatable whether or not TASM was great or not, just knowing the franchise will go on makes me confident we will have many more great Spider-Man movies. Bond has 23 films, most of which are meh, and a few fantastic films (Goldfinger, GoldenEye, Casino Royale, Skyfall). We have Spider-Man & Spider-Man 2 as great films IMO, with TASM at least being "good," (also my opinion), so I'm sure we are going to see some great films in Spider-Man's future.

__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Parker
"No matter how small I am--no matter how hopeless everything seems--I mustn't give up! My size doesn't matter! Even my life doesn't matter! No one can win--every battle, but--no man should fall-- without a struggle!"
Avatar by SpideyK.
Picard Sisko is offline  
Old 12-12-2012, 12:36 AM   #590
pr0xyt0xin
Shaper Savant
 
pr0xyt0xin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: United States
Posts: 7,048
Default Re: Jamie Foxx IS Electro - Part 1

Its all about the title mang. Although I do love subtitles. Call them
Amazing Spider-Man: Enter Electro,
Amazing Spider-Man: Revenge of the Green Goblin,
Amazing Spider-Man: The Last Hunt,
or
Amazing Spider-Man: Sinister Six
all you want. But the various adjectives make no sense to me. And its only going to instill the reboot attitude, the "rebootitude" if you will, even further into peoples heads. "Oh it's Spectacular Spider-Man now? Wheres the sequel to that awesome one from 2012?"

__________________
Black Panther 8.5 | Avengers: Infinity War 10.0 | Deadpool 2 8.0 | Ant-Man and the Wasp X.X | Venom X.X | Aquaman X.X

Tradition is just dead people's baggage.
pr0xyt0xin is offline  
Old 12-12-2012, 12:42 AM   #591
pr0xyt0xin
Shaper Savant
 
pr0xyt0xin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: United States
Posts: 7,048
Default Re: Jamie Foxx IS Electro - Part 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by shauner111 View Post
Oh it's gonna continue like the Bond series. Mark my words. We wont see an origin story for decades and decades. And the only way this series will NOT go past 6 movies or so, is if Marvel gets the rights back...but even then i cant see them rebooting.

New directors after the 3rd. Perhaps another 20 something year old actor taking over for Garfield after the 4th movie. But there's no reason to reboot for a very long time. It should continue. Dont spread it out too much. Keep Webbs trilogy in the "High School-Teenage Parker Years". Another trilogy with strictly Mary Jane and his intro to Daily Bugle into his 20s. Then a final trilogy within the first half of his 20s.

That's 3 trilogies that are all in continuity. If they're smart enough, they can spread these out every 2 or 3 years. Which means the franchise can go on for 20 years. By that time we can get a reboot.

It leaves enough time to squeeze a great amount of villains that have never seen the light of day on film. As well as improving on the rogues that Raimi handled. Cuz let's face it, once Green Goblin is over-with in Webbs last movie......i doubt the audience (especially general movie-goers) and future filmmakers will want to tackle that character for a very long time. And this is the case for Lizard and the rest of em'.
I hope youre right. If any comic book hero needs an episodic series (as opposed to a trilogy) its Spidey. Bats could use one too so its too bad Nolan RETIRED him after a quarter of his rogues gallery. But Spidey needs a long story. Through High School, through college, through marriage, through Oscorp and Kingpin and Black Cat and Madame Webb and symbiotes and the Sinister Six.

He needs crossovers with Iron Man and Daredevil and the X-Men and the Hulk. He needs Nick Fury to tell him he's inexperienced and Wolverine to call him "Bub." Or maybe I'm getting greedy. Either way, he deserves more films than Bond.

__________________
Black Panther 8.5 | Avengers: Infinity War 10.0 | Deadpool 2 8.0 | Ant-Man and the Wasp X.X | Venom X.X | Aquaman X.X

Tradition is just dead people's baggage.
pr0xyt0xin is offline  
Old 12-12-2012, 12:42 AM   #592
Picard Sisko
Prepare to be Assimilated
 
Picard Sisko's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 17,944
Default Re: Jamie Foxx IS Electro - Part 1

Whether the movie is called Amazing Spider-Man 2, or Spectacular Spider-Man, people will know its a sequel to the 2012 film as long as it has Andrew Garfield playing Peter Parker. Not too worried about that to be honest. Maybe after this trilogy, they could have subtitles, like "Spider-Man: The Venom Saga" or "Spider-Man: The Sinister Six."

__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Parker
"No matter how small I am--no matter how hopeless everything seems--I mustn't give up! My size doesn't matter! Even my life doesn't matter! No one can win--every battle, but--no man should fall-- without a struggle!"
Avatar by SpideyK.
Picard Sisko is offline  
Old 12-12-2012, 12:44 AM   #593
Picard Sisko
Prepare to be Assimilated
 
Picard Sisko's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 17,944
Default Re: Jamie Foxx IS Electro - Part 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by pr0xyt0xin View Post
I hope youre right. If any comic book hero needs an episodic series (as opposed to a trilogy) its Spidey. Bats could use one too so its too bad Nolan RETIRED him after a quarter of his rogues gallery. But Spidey needs a long story. Through High School, through college, through marriage, through Oscorp and Kingpin and Black Cat and Madame Webb and symbiotes and the Sinister Six.

He needs crossovers with Iron Man and Daredevil and the X-Men and the Hulk. He needs Nick Fury to tell him he's inexperienced and Wolverine to call him "Bub." Or maybe I'm getting greedy. Either way, he deserves more films than Bond.
Spider-Man definitely needs a long running series. Whenever the actor gets too old, pull a James Bond move and recast him, that's all. I want to see Spider-Man get out of high school, go to college, graduate, even become a teacher. I want to see him and MJ getting married for crying out loud.

Him teaming up with Iron Man and X-Men aren't NECESSARY, since he could carry stories on his own. It would just be incredible to have him in the same universe as them.

__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Parker
"No matter how small I am--no matter how hopeless everything seems--I mustn't give up! My size doesn't matter! Even my life doesn't matter! No one can win--every battle, but--no man should fall-- without a struggle!"
Avatar by SpideyK.
Picard Sisko is offline  
Old 12-12-2012, 10:09 AM   #594
Oscorp
Side-Kick
 
Oscorp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 10,403
Default Re: Jamie Foxx IS Electro - Part 1

The Morbius rumour is debunked?

Oscorp is offline  
Old 12-12-2012, 10:47 AM   #595
Anno_Domini
Banned User
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 17,997
Default Re: Jamie Foxx IS Electro - Part 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by pr0xyt0xin View Post
I hope youre right. If any comic book hero needs an episodic series (as opposed to a trilogy) its Spidey. Bats could use one too so its too bad Nolan RETIRED him after a quarter of his rogues gallery. But Spidey needs a long story. Through High School, through college, through marriage, through Oscorp and Kingpin and Black Cat and Madame Webb and symbiotes and the Sinister Six.

He needs crossovers with Iron Man and Daredevil and the X-Men and the Hulk. He needs Nick Fury to tell him he's inexperienced and Wolverine to call him "Bub." Or maybe I'm getting greedy. Either way, he deserves more films than Bond.
If Batman had many goals or if more freaks rose, then I'd agree with Nolan's trilogy ending with Bruce retiring, but I don't

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oscorp View Post
The Morbius rumour is debunked?
Yes.

Anno_Domini is offline  
Old 12-12-2012, 10:59 AM   #596
Spider-Ranger
aka Goran
 
Spider-Ranger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Augusta Vindelicorum
Posts: 4,383
Default Re: Jamie Foxx IS Electro - Part 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Picard Sisko View Post
Whether the movie is called Amazing Spider-Man 2, or Spectacular Spider-Man, people will know its a sequel to the 2012 film as long as it has Andrew Garfield playing Peter Parker. Not too worried about that to be honest. Maybe after this trilogy, they could have subtitles, like "Spider-Man: The Venom Saga" or "Spider-Man: The Sinister Six."
Quote:
Originally Posted by pr0xyt0xin View Post
Its all about the title mang. Although I do love subtitles. Call them
Amazing Spider-Man: Enter Electro,
Amazing Spider-Man: Revenge of the Green Goblin,
Amazing Spider-Man: The Last Hunt,
or
Amazing Spider-Man: Sinister Six
all you want. But the various adjectives make no sense to me. And its only going to instill the reboot attitude, the "rebootitude" if you will, even further into peoples heads. "Oh it's Spectacular Spider-Man now? Wheres the sequel to that awesome one from 2012?"
I love both ideas
you could even combine them easily

Spider-Ranger is offline  
Old 12-12-2012, 11:46 AM   #597
Spider-Who?
ERMERGERD!
 
Spider-Who?'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Location: Giggling in your air duct.
Posts: 11,343
Default Re: Jamie Foxx IS Electro - Part 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Artistsean View Post
Sure its been mentioned before but,
How do you think he will look in the film?
Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:












Honestly, I'd be VERY surprised if they give him an actual "costume". I think it's more likely that he'll be a "plain" clothes villian. What he'll wear would look interesting (he is supposed to be a genius scientist at Oscorp), I'm sure, but I highly doubt he'll have an actual costume.

Spider-Who? is offline  
Old 12-12-2012, 11:47 AM   #598
Spider-Who?
ERMERGERD!
 
Spider-Who?'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Location: Giggling in your air duct.
Posts: 11,343
Default Re: Jamie Foxx IS Electro - Part 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by pr0xyt0xin View Post
And its only going to instill the reboot attitude, the "rebootitude" if you will, even further into peoples heads. "Oh it's Spectacular Spider-Man now? Wheres the sequel to that awesome one from 2012?"
Agreed. I'm sure that they'll hold of on the adjectives for more reboots down the line. It makes sense, considering the different adjectives are used for different runs/universes in the comics.

Spider-Who? is offline  
Old 12-12-2012, 11:55 AM   #599
Nicko-Ray
Danger!
 
Nicko-Ray's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: LA, CA
Posts: 8,717
Default Re: Jamie Foxx IS Electro - Part 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpiderMarvelite View Post
Gold haha

" Don't drop that ****"
The way that old dude says that, anyway.


Jamie Foxx, was also Black Tony Blair in Black Bush. Him as Electro...
*crickets chirping*
Haha! Exactly. "We don't know what he has"..
I think he'll do great.

Nicko-Ray is offline  
Old 12-12-2012, 11:20 PM   #600
Picard Sisko
Prepare to be Assimilated
 
Picard Sisko's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 17,944
Default Re: Jamie Foxx IS Electro - Part 1

I was watching TASM with the commentary, and I found what Marc Webb said about the post-credits scene to be very interesting. He said, "Notice the lightning." Is it possible that Electro already exists, and he would have gained his powers prior to the events of TASM2?

__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Parker
"No matter how small I am--no matter how hopeless everything seems--I mustn't give up! My size doesn't matter! Even my life doesn't matter! No one can win--every battle, but--no man should fall-- without a struggle!"
Avatar by SpideyK.
Picard Sisko is offline  
Closed Thread

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:46 AM.

monitoring_string = "dee460792f24517621e3ca080805de7e"



Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
SuperHeroHype.com is a property of Mandatory Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2018 All Rights Reserved.