The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice > Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice

Old 11-19-2017, 09:26 AM   #851
The Joker
The Clown Prince of Crime

Awesome Re: All Things Batman v Superman: An Open Discussion (TAG SPOILERS) - - - - - -

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kane52630 View Post

- The Joker
The Joker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2017, 09:59 AM   #852
dougal
Side-Kick

Default Re: All Things Batman v Superman: An Open Discussion (TAG SPOILERS) - - - - - -

Watching BvS and the The Dark Knight Returns Part 2 at the same time and the fight scene from the DKR is so much better. First, there is no smile or smirk when Batman is fighting Superman. Just business. The smirks and smiles in BvS always bothered me.

Also in the DKR, when the bomb explodes, it has devastating effects on the world, where in BvS, it does nothing.

The other thing is simply that Batman's biggest asset was not his muscles but his brain. He was the leader of the JL because he was the smartest. That does not appear to be the case in BvS.

Many of those things bothered me much more than the Martha thing people harped on.

dougal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2017, 07:20 PM   #853
AVEITWITHJAMON
We are Legion

Default Re: All Things Batman v Superman: An Open Discussion (TAG SPOILERS) - - - - - -

Quote:
Originally Posted by kguillou View Post
I've watched BvS again yesterday and I love this movie more every time I watch it. I got emotional in my viewing yesterday, I'm gonna go and say it I think it a damn near masterpiece. Yes, it has plot holes but so what, every cbm does, I don't let that stuff detract from the experience. I watched it with my father who never saw it and didn't even know Wonder Woman was in the movie and he LOVED it. He was so into the action sequences at the end and I could tell he was moved by Superman's demise.

This is a fine piece of art, man. A unique, brave, emotional, hard hitting yet visually stimulating. Batman v Superman: Ultimate Edition, I love you.
Have to agree, watched it again tonight in anticipation of JL and still enjoyed it a hell of a lot. The Doomsday fight especially gets better with each viewing for me. But I notice new details each time I rewatch the movie and enjoy it all the more.

1)War For The Planet Of The Apes-10(2)Logan-10(3)Baby Driver-9.5(4)Dunkirk-9(5)Thor: Ragnorak-9(6)Wonder Woman-9(7)Guardians Of The Galaxy Vol.2-9(8)Blade Runner 2049-8.5(9)It-8(10)Star Wars: The Last Jedi-8(11)Spider-Man: Homecoming-8(12)Get Out-8(13)John Wick 2-8(14)Split-8(15)Kingsman: TGC-8(16)Kong: Skull Island-7.5(17)Justice League-7(18)Alien Covenant-7(19)Ghost In The Shell-7(20)POTC: Salazar's Revenge-7(21)The Dark Tower-4(22)Transformers: TLK-4
AVEITWITHJAMON is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2017, 10:02 AM   #854
Consona
Side-Kick

This film has sooooo many layers. It's incredible.

Last edited by Consona; 11-22-2017 at 10:47 AM.
Consona is offline   Reply With Quote