The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice > Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-04-2017, 05:44 PM   #1
Thread Manager
SHH! Moderator
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 0
Default Re: All Things Batman v Superman: An Open Discussion (TAG SPOILERS) - - - - - Par

This is a continuation thread, the old thread is Here

Thread Manager is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2017, 05:44 PM   #2
Thread Manager
SHH! Moderator
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 0
Default Re: All Things Batman v Superman: An Open Discussion (TAG SPOILERS) - - - - Part 3

This is a continuation thread, the old thread is Here

Thread Manager is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2017, 05:44 PM   #3
shauner111
Side-Kick
 
shauner111's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 15,987
Default Re: All Things Batman v Superman: An Open Discussion (TAG SPOILERS) - - - - - Par

Exactly. At that point he doesn't know if Batman is going to snap or not. He could end up killing Martha, letting her die or simply not get there in time and Superman let's him go anyway. It's stupid. Beyond stupid.

__________________
"Lets make one thing very clear here - Nolan's films are as faithful an adaptation as there is. It pays homage to its source material, remains true to its characters and above all else places the story first and foremost." - jmc
shauner111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2017, 05:50 PM   #4
misslane38
Side-Kick
 
misslane38's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 3,591
Default Re: All Things Batman v Superman: An Open Discussion (TAG SPOILERS) - - - - - -

Quote:
Lex set a timer, Superman was losing time. This is the woman who raised him. We all saw what happened when Zod threatened her. Clearly he loves his mother more than anything else. But instead wastes time in a brawling match with Batman smh. Superman was dumb. Hell even after the fight, he still let the man who tried to kill him go and look for his mother. Idiot.
The movie makes it clear that talking is what would have wasted time. The movie makes it clear that Superman is both fighting for his life and fighting so that Batman is subdued. The movie also makes it clear that Superman was needed elsewhere to do a vitally important task that only Superman could do: deal with Lex and whatever dangerous Kryptonian business he was doing at the scout ship. He chose to trust Batman. He did it because Batman could have finished the job (killed him), but didn't (showed self-control and faith). He did it because he's Superman and he chooses to have faith in humanity and believe in second chances. Bruce showed him mercy, so he showed Bruce faith.

misslane38 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2017, 06:02 PM   #5
Sleiek
Side-Kick
 
Sleiek's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2015
Location: Montreal / Brisbane
Posts: 6,007
Default Re: All Things Batman v Superman: An Open Discussion (TAG SPOILERS) - - - - - -

ComicConverse posted an awesome article recently, discussing what you guys are discussing at the moment.

Batman v Superman: The Triumph of Hope in the DCEU

__________________
2017 CBM MOVIE RATINGS------Logan 8.5/10------ Guardians Vol. II 7/10------ Wonder Woman 9/10------ SM: Homecoming 7.5/10
Sleiek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2017, 06:05 PM   #6
shauner111
Side-Kick
 
shauner111's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 15,987
Default Re: All Things Batman v Superman: An Open Discussion (TAG SPOILERS) - - - - - -

Bruce decided not to kill him so now that means that Batman can get to Martha faster than the guy who can fly and grab his mom in a second and fly out?

You're reaally reaching misslane.

Not only that , faith means nothing since humans can make mistakes and supes can't afford mistakes when his mom might die any minute. It makes zero sense. It was done because Zack wanted to show off Batmans fighting in a warehouse scene. And I'm not exaggerating. It's just so obvious that it's ridiculous. Amateur script writing on all levels. Just like having no time to think, only react, and you say your moms name !?? Instead of simply "save my mother!"

The second half of the movie is a giant laugh riot for all the wrong reasons.

__________________
"Lets make one thing very clear here - Nolan's films are as faithful an adaptation as there is. It pays homage to its source material, remains true to its characters and above all else places the story first and foremost." - jmc
shauner111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2017, 06:26 PM   #7
Timebomb
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Apr 2016
Posts: 2,230
Default Re: All Things Batman v Superman: An Open Discussion (TAG SPOILERS) - - - - - -

Quote:
Originally Posted by shauner111 View Post
Bruce decided not to kill him so now that means that Batman can get to Martha faster than the guy who can fly and grab his mom in a second and fly out?

You're reaally reaching misslane.

Not only that , faith means nothing since humans can make mistakes and supes can't afford mistakes when his mom might die any minute. It makes zero sense. It was done because Zack wanted to show off Batmans fighting in a warehouse scene. And I'm not exaggerating. It's just so obvious that it's ridiculous. Amateur script writing on all levels. Just like having no time to think, only react, and you say your moms name !?? Instead of simply "save my mother!"

The second half of the movie is a giant laugh riot for all the wrong reasons.
Uhm, yup. Pretty much.

Timebomb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2017, 06:31 PM   #8
Sleiek
Side-Kick
 
Sleiek's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2015
Location: Montreal / Brisbane
Posts: 6,007
Default Re: All Things Batman v Superman: An Open Discussion (TAG SPOILERS) - - - - - -

Quote:
Originally Posted by shauner111 View Post
Bruce decided not to kill him so now that means that Batman can get to Martha faster than the guy who can fly and grab his mom in a second and fly out?

You're reaally reaching misslane.

Not only that , faith means nothing since humans can make mistakes and supes can't afford mistakes when his mom might die any minute. It makes zero sense. It was done because Zack wanted to show off Batmans fighting in a warehouse scene. And I'm not exaggerating. It's just so obvious that it's ridiculous. Amateur script writing on all levels. Just like having no time to think, only react, and you say your moms name !?? Instead of simply "save my mother!"

The second half of the movie is a giant laugh riot for all the wrong reasons.
Wrong. It was done so Superman can place his trust on Bruce so Batman can redeem himself.

__________________
2017 CBM MOVIE RATINGS------Logan 8.5/10------ Guardians Vol. II 7/10------ Wonder Woman 9/10------ SM: Homecoming 7.5/10
Sleiek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2017, 06:34 PM   #9
misslane38
Side-Kick
 
misslane38's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 3,591
Default Re: All Things Batman v Superman: An Open Discussion (TAG SPOILERS) - - - - - -

Quote:
Originally Posted by shauner111 View Post
Bruce decided not to kill him so now that means that Batman can get to Martha faster than the guy who can fly and grab his mom in a second and fly out?

You're reaally reaching misslane.
It's not about faster. It's something Batman is capable of doing while Superman has something of imminent importance for him to do at the scout ship that only he can handle. Not to mention that Lex told Superman that if he flew to Martha, Martha would die. Superman only considers going to her at first because he's in a daze. It's also strange for you to both argue that Superman should talk to Batman and reason with him as a way to not waste time, yet also argue that once he had gotten through to Batman with words to help him save his mother, he shouldn't have let Batman help save his mother. Either you believe Batman can be reasoned with and can be trusted or you don't. If you don't, then don't suggest that Superman should have talked it out with him.

Quote:
Not only that , faith means nothing since humans can make mistakes and supes can't afford mistakes when his mom might die any minute. It makes zero sense. It was done because Zack wanted to show off Batmans fighting in a warehouse scene. And I'm not exaggerating. It's just so obvious that it's ridiculous. Amateur script writing on all levels. Just like having no time to think, only react, and you say your moms name !?? Instead of simply "save my mother!"

The second half of the movie is a giant laugh riot for all the wrong reasons.
Superman says save Martha both because it's more specific than saying save a mother who's a stranger to you and because he knows it's a name that has meaning for Bruce. Finally, Superman having faith in fallible humans is kind of his thing. The movie even proves that Superman was right to trust Batman. Batman trusted Superman (thus he didn't kill him), and Superman returned the favor. They chose to have hope and trust in each other rather than give into cynicism and fear.

misslane38 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2017, 06:39 PM   #10
The Joker
The Clown Prince of Crime
 
The Joker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Arkham Asylum
Posts: 48,730
Default Re: All Things Batman v Superman: An Open Discussion (TAG SPOILERS) - - - - - -

Quote:
Originally Posted by shauner111 View Post
Bruce decided not to kill him so now that means that Batman can get to Martha faster than the guy who can fly and grab his mom in a second and fly out?

You're reaally reaching misslane.

Not only that , faith means nothing since humans can make mistakes and supes can't afford mistakes when his mom might die any minute. It makes zero sense. It was done because Zack wanted to show off Batmans fighting in a warehouse scene. And I'm not exaggerating. It's just so obvious that it's ridiculous. Amateur script writing on all levels. Just like having no time to think, only react, and you say your moms name !?? Instead of simply "save my mother!"

The second half of the movie is a giant laugh riot for all the wrong reasons.
Exactly.

__________________
"Sometimes I remember it one way. Sometimes another. If I'm going to have a past, I prefer it to be multiple choice!"

- The Joker
The Joker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2017, 06:41 PM   #11
shauner111
Side-Kick
 
shauner111's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 15,987
Default Re: All Things Batman v Superman: An Open Discussion (TAG SPOILERS) - - - - - -

When you're about to die you're not thinking specifics. You don't have time to choose your words. It's all instinct. He would not say his mothers name in a moment like that.

It IS ABOUT FASTER. His moms going to die any minute. Using his mom as an experiment to see if Batmans going to redeem himself or not is just..wow.

__________________
"Lets make one thing very clear here - Nolan's films are as faithful an adaptation as there is. It pays homage to its source material, remains true to its characters and above all else places the story first and foremost." - jmc
shauner111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2017, 06:46 PM   #12
Greens
I am Danny DeVito
 
Greens's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 14,699
Default Re: All Things Batman v Superman: An Open Discussion (TAG SPOILERS) - - - - - -

Quote:
Originally Posted by misslane38 View Post
Superman says save Martha both because it's more specific than saying save a mother who's a stranger to you
Actually, calling her his mother would have been specific. He has one mother (okay, technically two) and there are thousands of Marthas.

__________________
Greens
Where the hell does it say that you've got a right to kick down doors, torture suspects, deny medical attention and legal counsel?
Where have you been? Does Escobedo ring a bell? Miranda? I mean, you must have heard of the Fourth Amendment. What I'm saying is that man had rights!

Aziz
...
Greens is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2017, 06:56 PM   #13
shauner111
Side-Kick
 
shauner111's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 15,987
Default Re: All Things Batman v Superman: An Open Discussion (TAG SPOILERS) - - - - - -

I meant MOM. He would say Save my mom. Save mom.

__________________
"Lets make one thing very clear here - Nolan's films are as faithful an adaptation as there is. It pays homage to its source material, remains true to its characters and above all else places the story first and foremost." - jmc
shauner111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2017, 07:00 PM   #14
Timebomb
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Apr 2016
Posts: 2,230
Default Re: All Things Batman v Superman: An Open Discussion (TAG SPOILERS) - - - - - -

I've heard stretching is good for you but this.............

Timebomb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2017, 07:00 PM   #15
TeeKay
Side-Kick
 
TeeKay's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 13,874
Default Re: All Things Batman v Superman: An Open Discussion (TAG SPOILERS) - - - - - -

Quote:
Originally Posted by shauner111 View Post
Bruce decided not to kill him so now that means that Batman can get to Martha faster than the guy who can fly and grab his mom in a second and fly out?

You're reaally reaching misslane.

Not only that , faith means nothing since humans can make mistakes and supes can't afford mistakes when his mom might die any minute. It makes zero sense. It was done because Zack wanted to show off Batmans fighting in a warehouse scene. And I'm not exaggerating. It's just so obvious that it's ridiculous. Amateur script writing on all levels. Just like having no time to think, only react, and you say your moms name !?? Instead of simply "save my mother!"

The second half of the movie is a giant laugh riot for all the wrong reasons.
The entire movie is a giant laugh riot that turn two of the iconic characters into dumb, idiots. This is the universe that established that whenever Lois or his mother are in trouble, he shows up to save them then suddenly that conviniently goes away in the 3rd act. Set up the rules, follow them. Don't bend them inorder to serve the story especially when done poorly. If Batman couldnt find Martha then what. Superman had more chances of finding his mother than Batman given what was established in this universe.

__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Guard View Post
It has something resembling a head and eyes, but a face?
TeeKay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2017, 07:04 PM   #16
TeeKay
Side-Kick
 
TeeKay's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 13,874
Default Re: All Things Batman v Superman: An Open Discussion (TAG SPOILERS) - - - - - -

Quote:
Originally Posted by misslane38 View Post

Superman says save Martha both because it's more specific than saying save a mother who's a stranger to you and because he knows it's a name that has meaning for Bruce. Finally, Superman having faith in fallible humans is kind of his thing. The movie even proves that Superman was right to trust Batman. Batman trusted Superman (thus he didn't kill him), and Superman returned the favor. They chose to have hope and trust in each other rather than give into cynicism and fear.
Yes because there's only one Martha left in this universe. And how did Superman know the name Martha has any significance for Bruce? Actually, **** that, how did superman even know Bruce's mother's name was Martha?

__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Guard View Post
It has something resembling a head and eyes, but a face?
TeeKay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2017, 07:06 PM   #17
IncognitoWalrus
Tusks of Steel
 
IncognitoWalrus's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Antarctica
Posts: 1,180
Default Re: All Things Batman v Superman: An Open Discussion (TAG SPOILERS) - - - - - -

Quote:
Originally Posted by misslane38 View Post
It's not about faster. It's something Batman is capable of doing while Superman has something of imminent importance for him to do at the scout ship that only he can handle. Not to mention that Lex told Superman that if he flew to Martha, Martha would die. Superman only considers going to her at first because he's in a daze. It's also strange for you to both argue that Superman should talk to Batman and reason with him as a way to not waste time, yet also argue that once he had gotten through to Batman with words to help him save his mother, he shouldn't have let Batman help save his mother. Either you believe Batman can be reasoned with and can be trusted or you don't. If you don't, then don't suggest that Superman should have talked it out with him.



Superman says save Martha both because it's more specific than saying save a mother who's a stranger to you and because he knows it's a name that has meaning for Bruce. Finally, Superman having faith in fallible humans is kind of his thing. The movie even proves that Superman was right to trust Batman. Batman trusted Superman (thus he didn't kill him), and Superman returned the favor. They chose to have hope and trust in each other rather than give into cynicism and fear.
Ah, verbosity and intellectual dishonesty at their finest.

__________________
Logan 10/10 GotG Vol 2 8/10 Wonder Woman 9/10 Spider-Man: Homecoming 8/10 Thor: Ragnarok 8/10 Justice League 6/10 The Last Jedi 10/10

Last edited by IncognitoWalrus; 03-04-2017 at 07:06 PM. Reason: spelling
IncognitoWalrus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2017, 07:15 PM   #18
souperman
Side-Dish
 
souperman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: In the can
Posts: 4,879
Default Re: All Things Batman v Superman: An Open Discussion (TAG SPOILERS) - - - - - -

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeeKay View Post
Yes because there's only one Martha left in this universe. And how did Superman know the name Martha has any significance for Bruce? Actually, **** that, how did superman even know Bruce's mother's name was Martha?
Clark as a reporter and also as Superman preparing to confront the Batman, read up on Bruce and found the parents obituary... Unshown... Could have shown. Knowing this, Superman and his advanced intellect realizes that he can use this psychology to reach Bruce.

They "could" have had Lex, on the roof, taunt Clark as he walked away saying...
"Martha... Its ironic that the mothers of the Worlds Finest share the same name! His is dead. Yours can live... If you kill the Bat. Tick tock. Tick tock !"

__________________
The pinch of salt my posts should be taken with. ..::.
SUPERMANIA BEGINS
http://soupermanshh.deviantart.com/
No-one stays good in this world...everything's changed...if you seek his monument - look around you - ARGO pick your nits ! I DON'T GET WHY PEOPLE DON'T GET IT...

Last edited by souperman; 03-04-2017 at 07:21 PM.
souperman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2017, 07:17 PM   #19
misslane38
Side-Kick
 
misslane38's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 3,591
Default Re: All Things Batman v Superman: An Open Discussion (TAG SPOILERS) - - - - - -

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greens View Post
Actually, calling her his mother would have been specific. He has one mother (okay, technically two) and there are thousands of Marthas.
Quote:
Originally Posted by TeeKay View Post
Yes because there's only one Martha left in this universe. And how did Superman know the name Martha has any significance for Bruce? Actually, **** that, how did superman even know Bruce's mother's name was Martha?
Superman has one mother, but Batman has no idea who Superman's mother is. So if Superman just said, "Save my mother," then Batman would literally have nowhere to start. Batman has no idea that Superman is Clark Kent. Plus, let's be clear, Superman just heard Batman talk about Superman's parents with contempt. Batman seems to genuinely hate EVERYTHING about Superman, so why would Superman think the best way to get through to Bruce would be to make a personal appeal? It's also a reasonable assumption to make that Superman, because he knows Batman is Bruce Wayne from overhearing Alfred and Bruce at the library gala, that he also uncovered the rest of Bruce's personal history. We know he did, because he calls Batman, Bruce, before he starts to talk to him and the fight ensues; thus it's clear Superman knows Bruce is Batman. So he uses his last breaths to say something that might break through to Bruce.

Quote:
Originally Posted by IncognitoWalrus View Post
Ah, verbosity and intellectual dishonesty at their finest.
First, I did not use a lot of words. What is the word limit I am allowed before anything I say is dismissable and mocked? You seem to have a very clear idea where that line is, so I'm just curious how you figured it all out. And, if I have said anything intellectually dishonest, then prove it. Otherwise, this is just an ad hominem response, which is a fallacious approach to debate and discussion. So, if you have something to say, just say it, and leave out the personal attacks.

misslane38 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2017, 07:18 PM   #20
IncognitoWalrus
Tusks of Steel
 
IncognitoWalrus's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Antarctica
Posts: 1,180
Default Re: All Things Batman v Superman: An Open Discussion (TAG SPOILERS) - - - - - -

Quote:
Originally Posted by misslane38 View Post
Superman has one mother, but Batman has no idea who Superman's mother is. So if Superman just said, "Save my mother," then Batman would literally have nowhere to start. Batman has no idea that Superman is Clark Kent. Plus, let's be clear, Superman just heard Batman talk about Superman's parents with contempt. Batman seems to genuinely hate EVERYTHING about Superman, so why would Superman think the best way to get through to Bruce would be to make a personal appeal? It's also a reasonable assumption to make that Superman, because he knows Batman is Bruce Wayne from overhearing Alfred and Bruce at the library gala, that he also uncovered the rest of Bruce's personal history. So he uses his last breaths to say something that might break through to Bruce.



First, I did not use a lot of words. What is the word limit I am allowed before anything I say is dismissable and mocked? You seem to have a very clear idea where that line is, so I'm just curious how you figured it all out. And, if I have said anything intellectually dishonest, then prove it. Otherwise, this is just an ad hominem response, which is a fallacious approach to debate and discussion. So, if you have something to say, just say it, and leave out the personal attacks.
Someone is triggered.

__________________
Logan 10/10 GotG Vol 2 8/10 Wonder Woman 9/10 Spider-Man: Homecoming 8/10 Thor: Ragnarok 8/10 Justice League 6/10 The Last Jedi 10/10
IncognitoWalrus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2017, 07:23 PM   #21
TeeKay
Side-Kick
 
TeeKay's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 13,874
Default Re: All Things Batman v Superman: An Open Discussion (TAG SPOILERS) - - - - - -

Quote:
Originally Posted by souperman View Post
Clark as a reporter and also as Superman preparing to confront the Batman, read up on Bruce and found the parents obituary... Unshown... Could have shown. Knowing this, Superman and his advanced intellect realizes that he can use this psychology to reach Bruce.

They "could" have had Lex, on the roof, taunt Clark as he walked away saying...
"Who could have guessed that two of the Worlds finest mothers share the same name! His is dead. Yours can live... If you kill the Bat. !"
Point is, it wasn't shown or said. Misslane just used an assumption to support her argument which does her no favours. That point about Superman knowing about Martha's connection to Bruce is ******** because it never happened in the film.

Quote:
Originally Posted by misslane38 View Post
Superman has one mother, but Batman has no idea who Superman's mother is. So if Superman just said, "Save my mother," then Batman would literally have nowhere to start. Batman has no idea that Superman is Clark Kent. Plus, let's be clear, Superman just heard Batman talk about Superman's parents with contempt. Batman seems to genuinely hate EVERYTHING about Superman, so why would Superman think the best way to get through to Bruce would be to make a personal appeal? It's also a reasonable assumption to make that Superman, because he knows Batman is Bruce Wayne from overhearing Alfred and Bruce at the library gala, that he also uncovered the rest of Bruce's personal history. So he uses his last breaths to say something that might break through to Bruce.
And then your argument falls apart. It was neither said nor shown in the film so that invalidates your opinion, I'm sorry. You just can't throw in assumptions to support your point. You actually have to back up your points with what was presented in the film here, a fact. Also it becomes stupid. Batman taunting Superman about his parents and then only gets surprised to find out that Superman has a mother. Screw logic. That was bad writing.

__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Guard View Post
It has something resembling a head and eyes, but a face?
TeeKay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2017, 08:32 PM   #22
MydnightPhoenix
Lois Lane --> Leia Lane
 
MydnightPhoenix's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: United States of Obama
Posts: 4,464
Default Re: All Things Batman v Superman: An Open Discussion (TAG SPOILERS) - - - - - -

Trying to redeem Batman is fine and bringing his hope in the world back is brilliant, but the way it was done is what I have a problem with. I understand the point of the Martha scene and understand that Bruce had a mirror put up to him and he saw what he had become as well as seeing that this alien has a human mother. Batman isn't the problem in the exchange, it's Superman. He started off good, "Bruce I was wrong I'm sorry" but then he stopped talking and got violent. I thought things would get better after he said "stay down! If I wanted it you'd be dead already". Because again he is trying to reason with him. But that is the last thing he says for like the next 10 mins? Bruce was talking and we got a glimpse into his mindset but Supes stops talking and it doesn't make sense as to why? Yes he's weakened and is fighting for his life, but he's not when the kryptonite wears off; why look smugly at Batman instead of using that moment to tell him what Lex wants?

MydnightPhoenix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2017, 08:35 PM   #23
MydnightPhoenix
Lois Lane --> Leia Lane
 
MydnightPhoenix's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: United States of Obama
Posts: 4,464
Default Re: All Things Batman v Superman: An Open Discussion (TAG SPOILERS) - - - - - -

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeeKay View Post
Also it becomes stupid. Batman taunting Superman about his parents and then only gets surprised to find out that Superman has a mother. Screw logic. That was bad writing.
I disagree with that, it made perfect sense. When Batman taunted him about his parents he was talking about his alien parents, or that's what I thought. But when Supermans last breath is a plea to save someone else and Lois tells Bruce that Martha is his mothers name, a human name, he realizes that this being he never referred to as anything but an alien has human connections and a human mother he doesn't want to die.

__________________

Lois Lane
Jessica Chastain, Natalie Dormer, Scarlett Johansson


MydnightPhoenix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2017, 08:58 PM   #24
The Joker
The Clown Prince of Crime
 
The Joker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Arkham Asylum
Posts: 48,730
Thumbs up Re: All Things Batman v Superman: An Open Discussion (TAG SPOILERS) - - - - - -

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greens View Post
Actually, calling her his mother would have been specific. He has one mother (okay, technically two) and there are thousands of Marthas.
Logic overload.

__________________
"Sometimes I remember it one way. Sometimes another. If I'm going to have a past, I prefer it to be multiple choice!"

- The Joker
The Joker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2017, 09:02 PM   #25
shauner111
Side-Kick
 
shauner111's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 15,987
Default Re: All Things Batman v Superman: An Open Discussion (TAG SPOILERS) - - - - - -

Didn't Zod announce that Superman has been hiding on earth his whole life or something? Bruce says I bet your parents taught you that you were meant for...

I always took that line as his parents in general, but especially human. Bruce should have investigated his history before trying to kill him. Apparently he doesn't. But then he makes that assumption, and THEN HE STILL GETS SURPRISED THAT SUPERMAN CARES ABOUT HIS MOTHER.

Worst. Writing. Ever.

That should have been the tag line on the BvS trailer.

__________________
"Lets make one thing very clear here - Nolan's films are as faithful an adaptation as there is. It pays homage to its source material, remains true to its characters and above all else places the story first and foremost." - jmc
shauner111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:04 PM.

monitoring_string = "dee460792f24517621e3ca080805de7e"



Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
SuperHeroHype.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2018 All Rights Reserved.