The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > General Movies > DC Comics Films

Old 07-18-2013, 01:28 AM   #826
Pondslider
Side-Kick

Default Re: Green Lantern 2

Well the plan is still most likely to push out Justice League, so it would be hard to do that without him. It will probably be a different version of the character -- even if it's Hal Jordan again.

Pondslider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2013, 01:39 AM   #827
spider-neil
spins a web any size!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pondslider View Post
Well the plan is still most likely to push out Justice League, so it would be hard to do that without him. It will probably be a different version of the character -- even if it's Hal Jordan again.
I think in the JL they will go with John, Guy or Kyle and try to put as much distance between themselves and the original GL movie as possible.

spider-neil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2013, 10:54 AM   #828
jd23
Side-Kick

Anybody have any thoughts on the Flash movie? The issue I've always had with his origin story is that it doesn't exactly have flare.

I'd love to see him re-branded into more of a badass

jd23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2013, 11:45 AM   #829
Willi Berg
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by jd23 View Post
Anybody have any thoughts on the Flash movie? The issue I've always had with his origin story is that it doesn't exactly have flare.

I'd love to see him re-branded into more of a badass
One way I thought he could be done was when I was watching "Watchmen" and thought about how Dr. Manhattan was handled there. He goes through an accident that changes him as well, and he comes out as this force that doesn't quite know how to handle itself. And neither does the world know what to do with him. Flash could be similar to that, and be treated seriously like that. More confused, troubled.

And Barry Allen could be dark in that he does solve crime and is faced with this gruesome view of the his city/the world.

Though a lot of people like the more jokey/lighter aspects of Flash and were complaining when a previous writer compared his version to Silence of the Lambs/Seven.

Willi Berg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2013, 12:48 PM   #830
jd23
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Willi Berg View Post
One way I thought he could be done was when I was watching "Watchmen" and thought about how Dr. Manhattan was handled there. He goes through an accident that changes him as well, and he comes out as this force that doesn't quite know how to handle itself. And neither does the world know what to do with him. Flash could be similar to that, and be treated seriously like that. More confused, troubled.

And Barry Allen could be dark in that he does solve crime and is faced with this gruesome view of the his city/the world.

Though a lot of people like the more jokey/lighter aspects of Flash and were complaining when a previous writer compared his version to Silence of the Lambs/Seven.
Fair point. I guess what I mean is that Barry Allen IS a bit of a dweeb before his powers. Although I suppose an emotional shift could occur as well.

I actually LOVE the idea of a flash movie idea though.

Old 07-18-2013, 01:04 PM   #831
Willi Berg
Side-Kick

Quote:
Fair point. I guess what I mean is that Barry Allen IS a bit of a dweeb before his powers. Although I suppose an emotional shift could occur as well.

I actually LOVE the idea of a flash movie idea though.
That before/after contrast could be interesting. A dweebish guy faced with a far greater problem. Though Ryan Reynold's had an emotional shift in the GL movie as well, and that didn't help it much. And that had a light tone. The Flash is in danger of falling into the same trap and being that kind of movie as well.

But Flash could be this big movie, serious, atmospheric, moody, but also with clever lines, dark undertones, humour, quirky, grand special effects etc.

Old 07-18-2013, 01:13 PM   #832
jd23
Side-Kick

Quote:
That before/after contrast could be interesting. A dweebish guy faced with a far greater problem. Though Ryan Reynold's had an emotional shift in the GL movie as well, and that didn't help it much. And that had a light tone. The Flash is in danger of falling into the same trap and being that kind of movie as well.

But Flash could be this big movie, serious, atmospheric, moody, but also with clever lines, dark undertones, humour, quirky, grand special effects etc.
Yeah. The other issue I have with the story is that Barry Allen is in a city. I feel like wide-actiony shots of the Flash should be somewhere like a desert.

Old 07-18-2013, 01:14 PM   #833
Willi Berg
Side-Kick

I think both Flash and Green Lantern have this problem where WB sees the potential for something "lighter", something that is more family-fare, that could tie in with toys etc. that it becomes this kind of inconsequential, harmless fluffy kind of movie, without a director's unique take on the material. That's what happened to GL and what could happen to Flash.

Old 07-18-2013, 01:16 PM   #834
jd23
Side-Kick

Quote:
I think both Flash and Green Lantern have this problem where WB sees the potential for something "lighter", something that is more family-fare, that could tie in with toys etc. that it becomes this kind of inconsequential, harmless fluffy kind of movie, without a director's unique take on the material. That's what happened to GL and what could happen to Flash.
It's scary. Someone should write a darker one. Fast!

Old 07-18-2013, 01:25 PM   #835
Willi Berg
Side-Kick

Quote:
Yeah. The other issue I have with the story is that Barry Allen is in a city. I feel like wide-actiony shots of the Flash should be somewhere like a desert.
It's funny, I was just reading the Injustice comic where Flash runs along the Nullarbor, which is the outback/desert here in Australia, along the longest straight road.

I guess they could move him around the world, if the threat is big enough.

Old 07-18-2013, 01:27 PM   #836
jd23
Side-Kick

Quote:
It's funny, I was just reading the Injustice comic where Flash runs along the Nullarbor, which is the outback/desert here in Australia, along the longest straight road.
Great image. I'd see that movie. I would like a desert-born Barry Allen who gets into bar fights and seduces women after he gets his powers but before he becomes the flash.

But maybe at that point he is no longer the Flash at all. Oops. I DO want more Justice League films before the ensemble one is made though.

Old 07-18-2013, 05:24 PM   #837
Kevin Smith
Banned User

I always thought Barry Allen's greatest flaw - that he's "lazy" (hence his recurring lateness) should be explored more, and how having superpowers does not change your personal character traits. Superpowers does not = super character, and that would be something for him to overcome in his personal arc for the movie.

Kevin Smith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2013, 04:11 PM   #838
dnno1
Side-Kick

It is obvious that the studio has given up on this version of Green Lantern since a sequel was not announce in the next up coming series of DC films out for the next four years. Green Lantern (as we know it now) is washed up and we may never see it again until they can figure out a formula that works on film and television.

Old 07-21-2013, 05:21 PM   #839
A Necessary Evil
Stark Raving Mad

Or, they may Hulk him. However, probably not.

Quote:
The little A-Holes that could.
ANE's hate for TASM2 is epic.
A Necessary Evil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2013, 07:33 PM   #840
I SEE SPIDEY
HYPE AWARD WINNER!

It just became obvious to you today that they have given up on the 2011 version of GL? Did you miss the fact that Warners lost money on the film? Not to mention that Ryan Reynolds is box office poison. Personally I hope they bring in John Stewart for Justice League.

I SEE SPIDEY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2013, 07:40 PM   #841
A Necessary Evil
Stark Raving Mad

No, it didn't. Lol. I've know there would be no sequel for like, 2 years.

Quote:
Old 07-21-2013, 07:49 PM   #842
I SEE SPIDEY
HYPE AWARD WINNER!

Quote:
Originally Posted by A Necessary Evil View Post
No, it didn't. Lol. I've know there would be no sequel for like, 2 years.
lol I was responding to dnno1. I guess I should have just quoted him.

...It's Batman and Superman, lets just be honest, I don't know how you get bigger than that--Zack Snyder.
Old 07-21-2013, 08:00 PM   #843
A Necessary Evil
Stark Raving Mad

Ah, well my bad, it's all good.

Quote:
Old 07-21-2013, 08:01 PM   #844
Project862006
Banned User

i hate john stewart please no

Project862006 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2013, 09:27 PM   #845
I SEE SPIDEY
HYPE AWARD WINNER!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Project862006 View Post
i hate john stewart please no

...It's Batman and Superman, lets just be honest, I don't know how you get bigger than that--Zack Snyder.
Old 07-21-2013, 10:09 PM   #846
cloverfan98
Side-Kick

I know how unlikely it is but I still want a sequel. The first had a lot of problems but it was not the death of superhero film that everyone said it was.

cloverfan98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2013, 12:41 AM   #847
I SEE SPIDEY
HYPE AWARD WINNER!

Not trying to be mean but I'm baffled why anyone think that there is a chance that WB would throwaway 300mil (marketing included) to make a hand full of fanboys happy? Why are you using words like "unlikely"? What is the upside of WB making a sequel?

Old 07-22-2013, 01:01 AM   #848
Kryptonian Titan
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by I SEE SPIDEY View Post
Not trying to be mean but I'm baffled why anyone think that there is a chance that WB would throwaway 300mil (marketing included) to make a hand full of fanboys happy? Why are you using words like "unlikely"? What is the upside of WB making a sequel?
I don't get it too. It's simply not happening.
They may reboot it in the future; probably if a JL is succesful.

Kryptonian Titan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2013, 01:21 AM   #849
I SEE SPIDEY
HYPE AWARD WINNER!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Speed Force View Post
I don't get it too. It's simply not happening.
They may reboot it in the future; probably if a JL is succesful.
I guess I didn't have to respond again but I'm just sick of the delusional fan thing. It's like an epidemic of "if I pretend the movie didn't disappoint or fail at the box office then it didn't."

Using words like "if" for notorious bombs is just weird, it's gotten out of hand. I don't even know why it annoys me so much because the delusion hurts noone but the deluded. I agree that a reboot could happen in the future, you never know on that front.

Old 07-22-2013, 02:23 AM   #850
Lencho01
Shazoogle! Shazoogle!

Don't worry GL fans, he'll be in the new Lego film and voiced by Jonah Hill. Everything will be a-ok.

Lencho01 is offline   Reply With Quote