The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > TV Series > Misc. TV Series

Old 08-18-2014, 03:41 PM   #351
Nathan
Probationary Ban - I will return in a few days.

Default Re: Dragonball HQ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hush View Post
Can I get the link to cables video I'm on an iPad.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HGbrNSC2ssg

Nathan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2014, 05:08 PM   #352
Hush
Wee Little Puppet Man

Thanks Nathan, that was pretty awesome.

Avvy by Hunter Rider.
Hush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2014, 07:22 PM   #353
DarkSovereignty
Wubba Lubba Dub Dub

Anybody catch War of Gods? I saw it last week and loved it.

To alot of people, especially kids my age who grew up in Bush's America, TDK is kind of like our Woodstock. I'm not an idiot.
DarkSovereignty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2014, 10:13 PM   #354
Hush
Wee Little Puppet Man

Yeah I saw it it was awesome. After seeing it in Japanese it was awesome to have those voices back.

Avvy by Hunter Rider.
Hush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2014, 12:50 AM   #355
cabel
Side-Kick

I've become so accustomed to the abridged voices that it was weird to hear the official voices again.

cabel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2014, 01:09 AM   #356
Parker Wayne
Classic Spider-Bat

Haha same. I love DBZ Abriged.

Parker Wayne will destroy us all as the Light beckons us to his unearthly call. Like a drop of cool condensation cascading down the side of a glass on a hot summer's day, we too will evaporate into The Void.
Parker Wayne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2014, 12:11 PM   #357
SymbioticToxin
Dominus of Megadeus

Still debating if I want to watch that or not.

Old 08-19-2014, 12:47 PM   #358
cabel
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by SymbioticToxin View Post
Still debating if I want to watch that or not.
Abridged or Battle of Gods?

Old 08-22-2014, 12:35 AM   #359
cabel
Side-Kick

A thought I had: If a studio ever did manage to get a sucessful Dragonball film franchise off the ground, it stands to reason that said studio want to "marvel-ize" it into an extended universe with prequels, spin offs, side stories, etc. So my question is, how would you go about that if you had to?

My ideas,

Main Dragonball Franchise: (working titles)
1. The Journey Begins
2. The Red Ribbon Rebellion
3. Strongest Under the Heavens
4. The Saiyan Secret
5. Fear of Freeza
6. The Mysterious Youth
7. The Malice of Majin

Prequels/Spinoffs:
1. Planet Vegeta-Expanded version of Bardock: Father of Goku. Going into more detail on the relationship between the Saiyans and Freeza's forces. Some more backstory for Vegeta (and maybe his brother) and maybe even incorporating Turles, Broly, and Paragus. Maybe even incorporate Cold and Cooler.

2. History of Trunks-Self explanatory, but again expanded. Maybe more detail of future Gohan and Trunk's life growing up without their fathers.

3. The Ginyu Force-Maybe something in the vein of Suicide Squad.

4. Broly-I'm not even that big a fan of the character, or the movies he's in. But I do think there's some potential in him, I just haven't figured out how.

5. Hercule-Hercule and the Z fighters assemble to see a movie based on his life, a la the Muppet Movie. The result is an over the top pseudo martial artsploitation film about his rise to the top of the martial arts world.

6. The Demon King-"The Namek" finds himself on Earth, without a name or a home. In his search for an identity he seeks enlightenment, leading to his choice to banish the evil from within himself and the birth of King Piccolo. Ends with Piccolo's imprisonment, the Acension of Kami, and the creation of the dragonballs.

7. Saiyaman-A superhero movie that's not really a superhero movie. Since there's no criminal on Earth that can pose a threat to Gohan or Videl, it's more a slice of life comedy in which their day jobs happen to include beating up bad guys every once in a while.

I also thought about origin films for Roshi, Androids 17 and 18, Guru, and Oolong and Puar.

Old 08-22-2014, 01:22 AM   #360
SymbioticToxin
Dominus of Megadeus

Quote:
Originally Posted by cabel View Post
Abridged or Battle of Gods?
Abridged.

Also, in response to your other post, DBZ I don't think would translate well to film. Just because of how much you have to establish with the characters and how they became who they are, then bring in the space elemnts.
Honestly, Dragonball should just be adapted. And that's be simpler.
First film is the Emperor Pilaf arc, second is the Red Ribbon Army arc, and the last film would be the King Piccolo arc. The first series just seems a lot easier to adapt to the big screen, with a few changes obviously.

Old 08-22-2014, 01:57 AM   #361
cabel
Side-Kick

I'm pretty sure you want to watch abridged.

Look at it this way, you can go through the entire saiyan saga in about an hour and change. It's a little slow at first, but they start finding their rhythm by episode 5.

As for the other part, I personally can't buy into "___" can't work on film mentality. But I agree to disagree.

Old 08-22-2014, 02:36 AM   #362
SymbioticToxin
Dominus of Megadeus

It's not aht it can't work because of what it is (An anime), it's what all happens. So much happens in DBZ right at the beginning. Goku learning he's an alien, Raditz kidnapping Gohan, Gohan being introduced, Piccolo teaming up with Goku to fight Raditz, Goku and Raditz dying, Gokus journey and training in the afterlife, everyone training for the saiyans, saiyans arriving, everyone getting the piss beaten out of them, you get the picture. To jam all that into a 2 hour film wouldn't do it all justice, I think.

Old 08-22-2014, 11:01 PM   #363
cabel
Side-Kick

Watching Wrath of the Dragon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SymbioticToxin View Post
It's not aht it can't work because of what it is (An anime), it's what all happens. So much happens in DBZ right at the beginning. Goku learning he's an alien, Raditz kidnapping Gohan, Gohan being introduced, Piccolo teaming up with Goku to fight Raditz, Goku and Raditz dying, Gokus journey and training in the afterlife, everyone training for the saiyans, saiyans arriving, everyone getting the piss beaten out of them, you get the picture. To jam all that into a 2 hour film wouldn't do it all justice, I think.
Cut out all the filler, streamline the rest, fix up the pacing, I think the Saiyan saga can be done in 2-2.5 hours.

Speaking of abridged, episode 43 is up now.