is a real person

Default Re: Villains we need to see in this Batman solo franchise

Egg man

Greenlite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2017, 03:02 PM   #27
BigSams50
Knight of Ren

I like the idea of the Court of Owls. I dont want Bane, Joker, or any other villain we have seen before.

Old 08-17-2017, 11:58 PM   #28
hellblazer103
Nasty Piece of Work

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigSams50 View Post
I like the idea of the Court of Owls. I dont want Bane, Joker, or any other villain we have seen before.
Well, I feel like it'd feel wrong for them to leave out Batman's ARCH MUTHA****IN ENEMY but that's just me. Plus everybody loves Joker. I love Joker. You love Joker. LOVE THAT JOKER ! I'm not saying they have to beat Joker over our heads like they usually do, but he's a pretty important character and there's no way they're gonna leave him out of a whole series. The only real problem with including Joker is... Ya know... Who's currently playing him

Otherwise, I feel like we need another shot at Riddler and a Two Face that doesn't die at the end of the movie all the time, but for the most part, I agree with you. They should definitely introduce some new villains to a mainstream audience. A proper, ****ed up Zsasz would be nice.

Last edited by hellblazer103; 08-18-2017 at 12:03 AM.
hellblazer103 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2017, 12:02 PM   #29
Rorschach2012
I'll Cancel the Pizzas

I think we need to see an Arkham-centric movie with Joker and Harley as the main villains

Rorschach2012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2017, 04:22 PM   #30
BigSams50
Knight of Ren

Quote:
Originally Posted by hellblazer103 View Post
Well, I feel like it'd feel wrong for them to leave out Batman's ARCH MUTHA****IN ENEMY but that's just me. Plus everybody loves Joker. I love Joker. You love Joker. LOVE THAT JOKER ! I'm not saying they have to beat Joker over our heads like they usually do, but he's a pretty important character and there's no way they're gonna leave him out of a whole series. The only real problem with including Joker is... Ya know... Who's currently playing him

Otherwise, I feel like we need another shot at Riddler and a Two Face that doesn't die at the end of the movie all the time, but for the most part, I agree with you. They should definitely introduce some new villains to a mainstream audience. A proper, ****ed up Zsasz would be nice.
Look,. i love the JOker. If i want to watch a great movie with the Joker i will just watch The Dark Knight. I feel like with the DCEU we have a chance to see other villains who havent had the chance to shine or even appear in live action. Now,. best of both worlds would be if they did Red Hood. Joker and a new character... Just get rid of Leto

Old 08-18-2017, 04:38 PM   #31
psylockolussus
Fierce User

Clayface
Mad Hatter

Just cause I haven't seen before in a live action film.

psylockolussus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2017, 01:28 AM   #32
wnjcwjkk
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tg11 View Post
Bane I sure hope we see him again

I think they could make a cool Knightfall story arc over two movies, that way they could include several villains in cameos or supporting roles, with Bane releasing a lot of the criminals Batman has locked up over the past 20 years.

Court of Owls would make a great story, too. Really brilliant idea by Snyder. It plays into the whole "Illuminati" conspiracy theory that so many are interested in. The symbolism of Owls being the main predators of bats was perfect. The scene where the owl snatched the "I shall become a bat" bat out of the air after it inspired Bruce, showing that they've always been one step ahead of him, waiting to pounce. The idea of Owls building their nests in other birds' nests, and the Court having all these secret lairs hidden in Gotham buildings, and the owl symbolism being embedded in Gotham's architecture. The idea of Gotham City itself turning on Batman when he thought he knew it so well. They can include the other members of the Bat family.

I feel like, if they're going to adapt a big Batman story to the DCEU, that's the one they should do.

wnjcwjkk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2017, 05:21 PM   #33
TheRedWraith
Side-Kick

and it is the perfect preclude to an under the red hood story as it has a great plot device in the hallucination labyrinth for conveying inconspicuous information about Jason, as well as a bunch of the other former partners of Batman.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnneFan View Post
There are many times where I bite my tongue on these forums. Most of the time, engaging in a back and forth simply isn't worth the effort.
TheRedWraith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2017, 07:36 PM   #34
Tg11
Side-Kick

Red Hood

Tg11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2017, 02:25 AM   #35
wnjcwjkk
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRedWraith View Post
and it is the perfect preclude to an under the red hood story as it has a great plot device in the hallucination labyrinth for conveying inconspicuous information about Jason, as well as a bunch of the other former partners of Batman.

Man, that scene really pulled me into the comic, as if I were watching a movie. The way they had you flipping the pages over, so that you'd be turning backwards really gave you that sense of disorientation and a labyrinth, and the camera that kept flashing, it was all so spooky, one of the few times I've been concerned for Batman in the comics. Both Snyder and Grant Morrison are really cinematic in the way they write Batman.

They could also find a way to fit some of the other villains into the story, like Two Face, Riddler, Penguin, Joker, similar to how Snyder fit Joker into the end of Black Mirror. Might have to make it a two parter for all though. CoO would make a perfect season long story arc in a Batman HBO series, for sure

Old 08-29-2017, 02:27 AM   #36
wnjcwjkk
Side-Kick

I love Dark Knight Rises, but I would like to see a different incarnation of the Knightfall or No Man's Land stories, both of which could allow them to include several other villains. I think the Red Hood story is most likely, though. Which would be fine by me

Old 08-29-2017, 01:13 PM   #37
fancyarcher
Side-Kick

I think Mad Hatter could be an interesting and creepy secondary antagonist especially if they played with his "obsession" angel a bit more.

Just throwing my thought out there.

fancyarcher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2017, 05:26 PM   #38
JohnReese
Side-Kick

Post Re: Villains we need to see in this Batman solo franchise

I'd love to see a serious take on The Riddler, Victor Zsaz, or Killer Croc.

JohnReese is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2017, 01:37 PM   #39
Tvar10
Who the hell is Bucky?

I think The Ventriloquist and Scarface could be cool secondary villains. I think if they had Batman stop a drug ring that Arnold Wesker was running. Almost like their first appearance in the comics

Old 09-27-2017, 01:03 AM   #40
Silver Lantern
Side-Kick

I would love to see a much better version of Mr. Freeze unlike the crappy one in the movie. The one in Gotham is awesome I wouldn't mind him in a movie as Freeze. Bane sucked both times, first a child mind and second one no venom or anything. Others I'd love to see are Ventriloquist as a child murder who lures them with his puppet. Anarky would be cool as a person against police and government. Catman would be interesting as Thomas Blake becomes the villain to be a thief. Calendar Man would be a interesting villain using each month to pull off terrible crimes. Black Mask as Raymond Sionis running Gotham crime underworld. Clock king who becomes villain when he is fired and loses everything when late for important meeting due to Batman helping him who is being mugged but blames Batman. The Riddler who is Ed Nashton who uses riddles against the hero to steal green items and prove he is smarter.
Lower villains in movies should be Film Freak, Hellhound,Dr Phosphorus, KG Beast, Doctor Double X, professor Milo, Blockbuster, Black Spider, Cypher, and especially Owl Man.

Silver Lantern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2017, 01:58 AM   #41
-VisionsVision-
RAMPAGE

Clayface
Man-Bat
Redhood

Old 09-29-2017, 04:56 AM   #42
guitarsingerguy
Who am I?

Quote:
To see Will Smith's Deadshot again but this time as a villain I think it will be an interesting change of pace
Was I one of the only people that didn't care for Smith as Deadshot? Of course, I haven't liked Will Smith in much of anything for years. He just seems to be phoning everything in. He seems to have lost his passion for acting it seems like. Maybe he needs a break, or he needs to find a serious passion project to light the fire again.

Old 09-29-2017, 05:00 AM   #43
guitarsingerguy
Who am I?

I really don't care who the villain is as long as I get a noir style movie that showcases his detective side along with everything else. If I can get that, I'm COMPLETELY open to who they cast as a bad guy. Obviously there are guys that will lend themselves to that type of story better...Red Hood, Hush, etc... I just don't think a supernatural enemy would work well in that sort of setting.

Old 09-29-2017, 12:07 PM   #44
Tg11
Side-Kick

If it is a new trilogy of films then my villains would go as follows:

Film 1- (villains)- Joker, Harley Quinn; the mob
Film 2- (villains)- Red Hood; Hush
Film 3- (villain)- Deathstroke

Tg11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2017, 12:10 PM   #45
guitarsingerguy
Who am I?

Quote:
If it is a new trilogy of films then my villains would go as follows:

Film 1- (villains)- Joker, Harley Quinn; the mob
Film 2- (villains)- Red Hood; Hush
Film 3- (villain)- Deathstroke
I really don't want another Joker film for a while. Batman's got such a rich gallery of villains, I'd like to see some characters we've never seen before. Has Reeves talked at all about who he has in mind or anything?

Old 09-29-2017, 02:21 PM   #46
Boom
I got nothin'

I've got my preferences narrowed down to these (alphabetical order):

Clayface
Hugo Strange
Hush
Mad Hatter
Riddler

I'd only want to see the Joker again if the film is set inside Arkham Asylum, and there are multiple villains involved. I don't have any particular interest in seeing him as the main, solo antagonist of another Batman film for the time being.

Old 10-09-2017, 08:24 PM   #47
Hypestyle
Side-Kick

bring on all of the Grant Morrison villains.

Hypestyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2017, 07:56 PM   #48
MadderMaximus
Graveslinger

Quote:
Originally Posted by fancyarcher View Post
I think Mad Hatter could be an interesting and creepy secondary antagonist especially if they played with his "obsession" angel a bit more.

Just throwing my thought out there.
Same. I'd have loved Robin Williams to play him (ala One Hour Photo/Insomnia) to but, oh well.

MadderMaximus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2017, 07:59 PM   #49
MadderMaximus
Graveslinger

Mad Hatter, Man-Bat, Deathstroke, and Hugo Strange are ones I want to see at some point.

MadderMaximus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2017, 06:47 PM   #50
GoldGoblin
Side-Kick

Michael Rooker-Black
John Malkovich

Cast Joe Manganiello for Kraven the Hunter!
GoldGoblin is offline   Reply With Quote