The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Batman > The Batman

Old 02-11-2018, 07:52 PM   #126
Resistance61513
Side-Kick

Default Re: Villains we need to see in this Batman solo franchise

I might be an outlier with this statement but, Black Mask was a missed opportunity for Nolan's third "Dark Knight" installment. That story could have been fantastic following the events of "The Dark Knight". The mob being in disarray, Black Mask coming to power because there wasn't much opposition. I personally would have liked that.

I think Black Mask needs his time to shine...and not get these half-baked stories like Arkham Origins and City where he is portrayed as a push over.

Resistance61513 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2018, 01:41 AM   #127
Aximili86
Probationary Ban - I will return in a few days.

Love Black Mask and all, but sort of skeptical they'd do it on film now, after Red Skull. Not that he was a huge cultural deal like Joker or anything, but just seems their thinking might be to avoid it.

Aximili86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2018, 05:52 AM   #128
80s Bullock
Side-Kick

I'd want "Death TO your IDENTITIES"-Black Mask cult leader from the first Moench story, the guy who is a creepy loser but then tries to become this criminal arch villain "Black Mask" after running his company into the ground. Lots of potential, but could be too similar to Nicholson's Joker. Brubaker's Black Mask was well-written, but overall he lacks that philosophy and I am not that interested in seeing a sadistic torturerer on screen.

80s Bullock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2018, 07:49 AM   #129
Boom
I got nothin'

Azrael and the Order of St. Dumas
Clayface
Hugo Strange and the Monster Men
Hush
Mr. Freeze
Poison Ivy
Talon and the Court of Owls
The Mad Hatter
The Penguin
The Riddler
Simon Hurt and the Black Glove
Solomon Grundy

Any of those would do, though I also wouldn't be opposed to an original villain.

I don't want The Joker or Two-Face again unless the film is set inside Arkham Asylum and they are part of a villain ensemble.

Old 02-19-2018, 08:02 AM   #130
Darkness Falls
We Could Be Heroes.....

a new riddler portrayal would be good

Old 02-19-2018, 10:50 PM   #131
BigSams50
Knight of Ren

Since Reeves is doing a trilogy, i would love to see the "Court of Owl" being that trilogy set.

Old 03-22-2018, 09:56 AM   #132
Tg11
Side-Kick

Trilogy set of villains

First film- Deathstroke as villain

Sequel film- Joker as main villain; Harley Quinn as side villain; the Gotham City mob would be minor antagonists

Threequel film- Mr. Freeze main villain

Tg11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2018, 11:31 AM   #133
Omegabat
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by 80s Bullock View Post
I'd want "Death TO your IDENTITIES"-Black Mask cult leader from the first Moench story, the guy who is a creepy loser but then tries to become this criminal arch villain "Black Mask" after running his company into the ground. Lots of potential, but could be too similar to Nicholson's Joker. Brubaker's Black Mask was well-written, but overall he lacks that philosophy and I am not that interested in seeing a sadistic torturerer on screen.
Yeah the original Black Mask had real potential. He was a proper villain with his own gimmick. The modern crime boss torturer is godawful and generic.

Omegabat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2018, 11:56 AM   #134
Tg11
Side-Kick

Or another trilogy set that I would do:

First film- Mr. Freeze (villain)
Sequel film- Black Mask (villain)
Third film- Joker & Harley Quinn (villains)

Old 04-02-2018, 05:52 PM   #135
Astro13Zombie
Side-Kick

I’d really like to see an Arkham Asylum/Serious House on serious earth or Arkham City type story for a movie.

Astro13Zombie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2018, 07:07 PM   #136
Johnny Frost
Side-Kick

Riddle done right
Mr. Freeze done right
Joker only if he's with Harley Quinn
Hush
Red Hood
Clayface
Black Mask

Johnny Frost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2018, 07:29 AM   #137
SKSpawn
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Resistance61513 View Post
I might be an outlier with this statement but, Black Mask was a missed opportunity for Nolan's third "Dark Knight" installment. That story could have been fantastic following the events of "The Dark Knight". The mob being in disarray, Black Mask coming to power because there wasn't much opposition. I personally would have liked that.

I think Black Mask needs his time to shine...and not get these half-baked stories like Arkham Origins and City where he is portrayed as a push over.
I like the idea of Black Mask, or a turf/gang war between Black Mask and the Penguin (but that seems like the sort of thing a younger Batman would have faced).

I'd like too see Hugo Strange and/or Hush, and the Riddler. Cerebral villains who test Batman's mettle rather than physically but who either haven't been done or haven't been seen for a long time.

Old 04-10-2018, 10:27 PM   #138
TheScarecrow
Side-Kick

Catwoman is, in my opinion, always a must.

Red Hood, Riddler, Black Mask, Mr Freeze, Poison Ivy, Penguin, Hugo Strange and Court of Owls are all live options for me.

Don't want to see Joker (mostly because of Leto), Two-Face, Bane, Ra's al Ghul, Talia al Ghul.

Could live with Scarecrow.

TheScarecrow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2018, 09:57 AM   #139
Tg11
Side-Kick

First film- Mr Freeze
Sequel film- Red Hood
Third film- Joker

Old 04-26-2018, 04:28 AM   #140
Matleo
Side-Kick

Do we have not enough of the same villians every time? why not add new ones and make them shine more?

Look at how good spiderman homecoming, captain america civil war, thor ragnarok was where we had more villians and heroes?

If they are going to make sequels and use also some Villians in Justice League or Suicide sequel then better:

Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:

After battle with superman , batman needs super natural foes and I think that Deathstroke and Luthor would make just that in Gotham+ destroy batmans image as a super hero to show that the world needs more...

1. The Batman: Gotham Jungle - Man-bat, poison ivy, Killer Croc, Clayface and Deathstroke and Deadshot in one movie... to show how batman needs to be strong and use technology... this would have impact and coolnes

2. Dr Freeze , Pinguin and maybe make a cross over like marvel did movie with the Flash and use both ice villians from that comic series? here would be room for Cyborg and Batgirl

3. Maybe Suicide Squad 2: (Batman and Superman ) Public Enemies??? a cross over where they frst fight and then need to unite vs a hidden evil?

Matleo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2018, 04:39 AM   #141
Astro13Zombie
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matleo View Post
Do we have not enough of the same villians every time? why not add new ones and make them shine more?

Look at how good spiderman homecoming, captain america civil war, thor ragnarok was where we had more villians and heroes?

If they are going to make sequels and use also some Villians in Justice League or Suicide sequel then better:

After battle with superman , batman needs super natural foes and I think that Deathstroke and Luthor would make just that in Gotham+ destroy batmans image as a super hero to show that the world needs more...

1. The Batman: Gotham Jungle - Man-bat, poison ivy, Killer Croc, Clayface and Deathstroke and Deadshot in one movie... to show how batman needs to be strong and use technology... this would have impact and coolnes

2. Dr Freeze , Pinguin and maybe make a cross over like marvel did movie with the Flash and use both ice villians from that comic series? here would be room for Cyborg and Batgirl

3. Maybe Suicide Squad 2: (Batman and Superman ) Public Enemies??? a cross over where they frst fight and then need to unite vs a hidden evil?

Astro13Zombie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2018, 06:33 AM   #142
Matleo
Side-Kick

seriously if Deathstroke and Luthor come into play and after two last movies with Ben as actor I could see

a more action filled movie with worthy and really strong oponets the court of Owls and mind-game oponents are not enough for batman that had to fight aliens...

This movie either will use the events after the Justice League or will feature a show of before Batman and Superman awn of Justice? Hope the second...

Dark Knight :Gotham Jungle

this could be a plot before JL, or after BvsSofJ or before everything...

- Deathstroke comes to Gotham with Killer Croc to steal scientist to copy the Mirakuru serum from his body to create Luthor a mutant Army and to destroys Batman image and question the Jusstice League existance? Wheres the Justice League when You need them realy? Batmans looses becuse his oponent is not a weak man and Deathstroke gets away... the Butler gets into hospital.

- time perior 6 months or a year later?

-scientist are : Pamela Lillian Isley(Poison Ivy) and Robert Kirkland "Kirk" Langstrom(Man-Bat) lovers, where Robert is trying to heal Pamela from Cancer.

- they transform after the begining of the movie as a result of Deathstroke test subjects or accidently Robert transform to rescue Pamela, then she to rescue him and both become mad and unpredictable but are used by Deathstroke.

- batmans get police problems when hunting a bat like creature that apperaed in Gotham and he follows it to the docs and battles under way then he meets in the water:

- first test mutates killer croc more into a nimal beast where batman battles him under the city waters in their first lab

- the city becomes becuse of Clayface and ivy a real jungle with an army of plant creatures

-batman with help of Cyborg gets a upgraded bat-suit to battle supervillians

-cyborg helps batman in battle with Man-Bat, Poison Ivy, Clay face, Killer Croc and Deathstroke

-really would want to see those techno stuff from Batman Begins to call bats , could imagine a hord of bats used against Ivy and to control Man-bat
- bat-rangs that could freeze oponents against clayface, poison ivys plant creature
- ultra sonic device from the bat symbol on his chest
-ultra sonic cannons like against superman in bat-mobile
-bat-mobile transforming into a fighting robot against clayface
- armor that increses batmans strenght and speed rapidly with echolocation and heat vision
- batman thats uses smokescreens and also tricks to fight Deathstroke and make him run way... or Deathstroke escapes with something he really wanted to get for Luthor a secret project?
- they try to cure them but they need to lock them up in Arkham ( then can be used in Suicide Squad 2 or 3 or Justice League or Dawn of Justice sequels)

-Bruce has fear of a second invasion and of more losts and this is seen through out the movie
also he remembers his weakness against superman in JL in his battles with Deathstroke

-Deathstroke and every one could make nice jokes, about alien invasions, superman , corruption and bats through out the movie
Could see also scene of him speaking with Luthor through the phone and talking in 3 with Batman on the speaker as a final battle to show their supremacy.
- or maybe more secretly thinking of something with who does Deathstroke speak????

If You want to order/buy a script or ideas then give me a mail DC and movie creators and I would work perfectly.

now I know why they did abandon Green Lanter bacck then... they didnt knew how to introduce that world wide event plot into the next solo films featuring Justice League members...

Last edited by Matleo; 05-01-2018 at 07:05 AM.
Matleo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2018, 06:28 AM   #143
Dk1201
Side-Kick

Honestly if it’s a trilogy I prefer they take the Nolan approach and utilize. I’ll wine that say something about the path Batman is going through without doing the burton Schumacher thing of who could we use

If it’s a trilogy with Affleck (let me believe for a few more moments) I could see Batman being jaded and having to come to terms with a lot with a Hush based trilogy

The Batman 2020
Villains Deathstroke and Killer Croc (cameo from luther)
Plot: esssentially Bruce Wayne murder (though instead of it being love interest #45 it’s Alfred who was attacked and though he survives he is in a coma for most of the film with the police believing Bruce tried to kill Alfred) with the opening scene ripped straight from Hush
Theme: looking at yourself in a dark mirror essentially

Bruce Wayne: 2022
Villains Hugo Strange Clayface (end credit cameo with Hush)
Plot: we get a bit more of Hush’s plot (the graphic novel) and elements of Batman: terror essentially after clearing his name in the last film he is now being watched by those closest to him as the plot of the last film shook him up

Batman: Hush :2024
Villains Hush
The final battle between Batman and Hush

Dk1201 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2018, 03:37 PM   #144
Tg11
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dk1201 View Post
Honestly if it’s a trilogy I prefer they take the Nolan approach and utilize. I’ll wine that say something about the path Batman is going through without doing the burton Schumacher thing of who could we use

If it’s a trilogy with Affleck (let me believe for a few more moments) I could see Batman being jaded and having to come to terms with a lot with a Hush based trilogy

The Batman 2020
Villains Deathstroke and Killer Croc (cameo from luther)
Plot: esssentially Bruce Wayne murder (though instead of it being love interest #45 it’s Alfred who was attacked and though he survives he is in a coma for most of the film with the police believing Bruce tried to kill Alfred) with the opening scene ripped straight from Hush
Theme: looking at yourself in a dark mirror essentially

Bruce Wayne: 2022
Villains Hugo Strange Clayface (end credit cameo with Hush)
Plot: we get a bit more of Hush’s plot (the graphic novel) and elements of Batman: terror essentially after clearing his name in the last film he is now being watched by those closest to him as the plot of the last film shook him up

Batman: Hush :2024
Villains Hush
The final battle between Batman and Hush

This is the perfect trilogy well for DCEU if you want to create a new cash cow; this could be a Batman franchise that I could get behind

However, it begs the question of if you would have any post-credit scenes basically building up the DCEU as a whole? I mean Marvel has done it and it has worked wonders for them so why can't it work for DC you can have post-credit scenes in these Batman films I don't see why not

Old 05-05-2018, 01:08 PM   #145
Milk Tray Guy
70s Man of Action

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tg11 View Post
However, it begs the question of if you would have any post-credit scenes basically building up the DCEU as a whole? I mean Marvel has done it and it has worked wonders for them so why can't it work for DC you can have post-credit scenes in these Batman films I don't see why not
These mid/post credit scenes are obviously very important to you - you post about them a lot! They're pretty much expected by CBM audiences now. I can see why Nolan didn't use them (they would have felt a bit out of place in TDKT, tbh) and MoS was going for a very similar feel. But after JL I think we'll get mid and/or post credits scenes in the rest of the DCEU movies.

"It's funny, isn't it? A life of truth, justice and the American, military, capitalist way. In the end, you die on the moon, wondering if your bowels will let go. And tomorrow, the world will go on like nothing happened. Dragged kicking and screaming to a better day." Manchester Black - Superman vs The Elite
Milk Tray Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2018, 03:11 PM   #146
BareYourTeeth
Side-Kick

Black Mask and Deathsroke would be badass for the next film.

BareYourTeeth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2018, 03:21 PM   #147
Milk Tray Guy
70s Man of Action

Loved the Deathstroke post credits scene from JL.

"It's funny, isn't it? A life of truth, justice and the American, military, capitalist way. In the end, you die on the moon, wondering if your bowels will let go. And tomorrow, the world will go on like nothing happened. Dragged kicking and screaming to a better day." Manchester Black - Superman vs The Elite
Milk Tray Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2018, 01:11 AM   #148
Awest66
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Resistance61513 View Post

I prefer the Penguin. There is literally nothing Black Mask could do that he could do just as well if not better.

Awest66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2018, 09:32 PM   #149
PeterBenParker
Wallopin' Websnappers!

Mr. Freeze.

#SpiderManPS4Hype
PeterBenParker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2018, 04:32 PM   #150
zeptron
Side-Kick