The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Batman > The Batman

Old 03-21-2018, 09:18 AM   #51
Abudefduf
Custom User Title

Default Re: Who will be Bruce Wayne/Batman's love interest?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Omegabat View Post
Poison Ivy and Black Canary have already been his love interests historically to begin with
That's news to me. AFAIK, Black Canary and Batman never hooked up. I remember that one time when she kissed him in a BoP comic, but that's it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Omegabat View Post
There are no Green Arrow plans in this universe and Canary is not an exclusive Green Arrow character to even begin with. She has ties to JSA and BOP. Backstory wise she grew up in Gotham, her best friends are Babs and Huntress. Why deprive the character the chance to tap in to her potential, heck her own story because she's supposedly betrothed to a non existent Oliver Queen who already has a CW show. Introduce Canary in Batman and she can go off to Batgirl and Birds of Prey after that. Its exactly the sort of thing Marvel studios would do.

I dont see what changes they'd have to make. She'd be the exact same character, even in the comics she craves Batman's approval. They just have to make her a LI instead of wannabe underling.
I'm not sure how not letting Canary or Huntress (especially the latter) be Batman's love interest number who's-even-counting-anymore would be "depriving the character the chance to tap into her potential"... Not every single DC heroine should want to get into his pants, he's not a freaking Mary Sue.

Again, he already has literally dozens of love interests to choose from. The only one that matters is Catwoman anyway. BatCat forevah!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mandon Knight View Post
I'd agree with those that are saying none at all. It is I hope, in this day and age, possible for someone not being with someone as a representative state of life on screen, besides, there's already a huge amount to fit into the film without having another set up of a 'one film relationship' before studly muffin Bruce moves onto someone else in other following films, as is his want.
That's never gonna happen but personally, I'd be all for it. It would be refreshing as hell.

Last edited by Abudefduf; 03-21-2018 at 10:01 AM.
Abudefduf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2018, 09:44 AM   #52
David H.
Side-Kick

Batman and Black Canary hooked up in the Frank Miller Batman & Robin.

The less said about it, the better.

David H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2018, 12:52 PM   #53
Abudefduf
Custom User Title

Quote:
Originally Posted by David H. View Post
Batman and Black Canary hooked up in the Frank Miller Batman & Robin.

The less said about it, the better.
Never read it... thanks for the warning.

Abudefduf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2018, 02:13 PM   #54
Rorschach2012
I'll Cancel the Pizzas

I didn't hate ASB&R

Rorschach2012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2018, 03:59 PM   #55
Babillygunn
Tag team champion

I consider ASB&R to be a complete travesty.

Old 03-21-2018, 04:02 PM   #56
Babillygunn
Tag team champion

And ASB&R aside, Canary and GA’s relationship is central to both characters. It would be like making Lois Lane Batman’s love interest. Canary can be in a movie, but she should only be with Ollie.

Old 03-21-2018, 11:55 PM   #57
Frodo
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mandon Knight View Post
I'd agree with those that are saying none at all. It is I hope, in this day and age, possible for someone not being with someone as a representative state of life on screen, besides, there's already a huge amount to fit into the film without having another set up of a 'one film relationship' before studly muffin Bruce moves onto someone else in other following films, as is his want.
I'm pretty much in the camp of skipping the love interest for a film and having him work with a female cop instead.

If they do have a love interest ,I'd want it to be a film like Bond's On Her Majesty's Secret Service or like BMOTP where Bruce would truly fall in love, and it would be an element that's truly crucial to the story.

Frodo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2018, 11:28 AM   #58
Omegabat
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abudefduf View Post
That's news to me. AFAIK, Black Canary and Batman never hooked up. I remember that one time when she kissed him in a BoP comic, but that's it.

I'm not sure how not letting Canary or Huntress (especially the latter) be Batman's love interest number who's-even-counting-anymore would be "depriving the character the chance to tap into her potential"... Not every single DC heroine should want to get into his pants, he's not a freaking Mary Sue.

Again, he already has literally dozens of love interests to choose from. The only one that matters is Catwoman anyway. BatCat forevah!

That's never gonna happen but personally, I'd be all for it. It would be refreshing as hell.
All Star Batman, Brave and the Bold and JL comics, Thrillkiller all come to mind.

And you're looking at the word love interest too seriously. I never said they should sleep together. Flirtation and attraction based dynamics are more than enough.

Bat/Cat has been done to the death but I'm not completely against it.

And finally just how exactly is that making him a Mary Sue? Jim Gordon on Gotham has had 4 love interests, Arrow has had atleast 9 on his show, maybe more. Dunno why fans are quick to throw Batman under the Mary Sue or Batgod category if he gets a love interest or performs great feats but when someone else does it then they're awesome.

Last edited by Omegabat; 03-23-2018 at 11:49 PM.
Omegabat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2018, 02:39 PM   #59
Awest66
Side-Kick

I think the important thing is to have a female presence of some sort, doesn't necessarily have to be a love interest (though they most likely will have one as it's the norm for pretty much all superhero movies these days)

Awest66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2018, 11:47 AM   #60
Rorschach2012
I'll Cancel the Pizzas

They could hold off on Catwoman and Talia for a while

Andrea Beaumont, Silver St. Cloud, or Vicki Vale would be my preferences

Rorschach2012 is offline   Reply With Quote