Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Games > Microsoft

Closed Thread

Old 02-06-2013, 02:05 PM   #601
TX85
Banned User

Default Re: The next Xbox

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iceman View Post
If Nintendo had released a console that was a bit higher spec they would have just won the next gen. But as it stands people will continue to use their 360s & PS3s without an urgent need to trade up.
MS may discontinue XBL on 360 early as they did with the original when 360 came out,Thus alienating tons of people anyway

Old 02-06-2013, 02:28 PM   #602
WolfCypher
Wheres MY damn Lego movie

Quote:
Originally Posted by terry78 View Post
Meanwhile, Nintendo sits over in the corner of the club, troll grin ever widening.
Unless third-party developers adopt this policy, too. I wouldn't be too surprised if third-parties started selling their games with one-time registration codes, not just for online but to even play the game. You buy your copy of Bayonetta 2 for the Wii U and you need to enter a code to play it. Like registering software for your PC. Buy it used without an unused code and its just a shiny coaster.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Douglas Reynholm
GodDAMN these electric sex pants.
Old 02-06-2013, 02:41 PM   #603
TX85
Banned User

Third-parties would be doing it anyway with their games on PS&Xbox,Which would be the best versions to get anyway besides IF available on PC than Wii U

Old 02-06-2013, 02:45 PM   #604
Iceman
Infinity War!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuisTX85 View Post
MS may discontinue XBL on 360 early as they did with the original when 360 came out,Thus alienating tons of people anyway
Doubt it. They basically disowned the original XBox lol. XBox Live though is used for PC, Windows-specific & Windows Phone games and they're not getting discontinued when the next XBox releases. There's no need to come up with a new online service especially as they are already receiving rolling subscriptions from millions of people. You don't introduce anything that would interrupt that as you always lose a fair number of customers by doing that, superior product or not. They know what an asset Live is for them as unlike the 360 hardware, it is one of their main sources of revenue generation, with the bonus of being low cost base & a reliable stream not too dependant on any external factors. The servers for multiplayer games will probably be shut down though at some stage.

Old 02-06-2013, 04:10 PM   #605
SolarTiger
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iceman View Post
http://www.xbox360achievements.org/n...s-Blocked.html

Report: Xbox 720 Will Require Online Connection, Pre-Owned Games Blocked

The possibility of this has been mentioned before but guess this is more weight to those rumours. Seems like both PS4 & 720 might be going down this route of blocking pre-owned games at least. Would only really work if they both did it.
You'd need to be online to play single player games?

Old 02-06-2013, 04:14 PM   #606
terry78
Will you shut up?!

If you have Pac-Man Championship Edition for your phone or tablet, that's a taste of what they're trying to do now. You have to have an internet connection in order to verify you bought the damn game on the up and up or it won't start.

Old 02-06-2013, 05:26 PM   #607
Matt Mortem
Moof Milker

The gaming industry is just getting stupid about stuff

Old 02-06-2013, 05:58 PM   #608
Benstamania
Go away.

If the whole blocked used games BS happens...these companies are only shooting themselves in the foot.

Old 02-06-2013, 11:09 PM   #609
TX85
Banned User

IF the next Xbox will be Internet based then tons of people will be b*tching even more about MS charging for XBL..Which I could understand more this time,I'd just hope the free silver membership at least gets more content this time like access to apps such as the web browser/YouTube&Netflix and features like party chat.

IF XBL is priced like the way it is now then I guess I'd be ok with it But no more points system and more like PSN/iTunes cards.

As for no more used games..At least make non AAA game tiles under $50 and keep the top games under$60..Oh and perhaps lower DLC prices.

Old 02-06-2013, 11:13 PM   #610
Havok83
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuisTX85 View Post
As for no more used games..At least make non AAA game tiles under $50 and keep the top games under$60..Oh and perhaps lower DLC prices.
Haha, not gonna happen. No way is MS going to let its games be sold for cheaper than the Wii U and I dont see any publisher doing that either for their MP titles. $60 is the standard from here on out

Old 02-06-2013, 11:18 PM   #611
terry78
Will you shut up?!

Remember the first game you ever saw that was like 59.99? Like in the Super Nintendo days?

Old 02-06-2013, 11:25 PM   #612
Havok83
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by terry78 View Post
Remember the first game you ever saw that was like 59.99? Like in the Super Nintendo days?
Nope. I wasnt paying for videogames then and honestly dont remember the pricing of stuff then. It wasnt till the PS1 era that I started paying for games and remember them either being $50 or $40, which got bumped up to $50 for PS2 and $60 for PS3. Hopefully it stays there and doesnt increase next gen

Old 02-07-2013, 12:14 AM   #613
MagnarTheGreat
Web Ninja

What publishers need to do first of all is get control of their out-of-control unsustainable budgets that simply employ too many people to make and market one video game before pointing the finger at the consumer and saying "it's all their fault."

Last edited by MagnarTheGreat; 02-07-2013 at 12:21 AM.
Old 02-08-2013, 02:54 PM   #614
Iceman
Infinity War!

There must be more to this always online thing as it doesn't make sense as things stand. The blocking of preowned games I think might happen throughout the industry though as it's already accepted for non transferable digital purchases (DLC, mobile, Steam). That will be more an issue of pricing.

Old 02-08-2013, 02:57 PM   #615
The Squirrel
Le Rongeur

If there was a compromise on the used game thing I could probably accept it better. The compromise being lower retail pricing, and more in store sales.

Old 02-08-2013, 02:59 PM   #616
X Knight
Watchful Protector

I remember some N64 games getting up into the $70-$80 range.

it will be interesting to see if BOTH XBOX 720 and PS4 block used games.

if XBOX does but PS4 doesn't, that would be a huge advantage for Sony, imo.

Old 02-08-2013, 03:00 PM   #617
X Knight
Watchful Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Squirrel View Post
If there was a compromise on the used game thing I could probably accept it better. The compromise being lower retail pricing, and more in store sales.
yeah, don't charge us $60+ for new games, then $20 here, $10 there, $5 here for DLC. and don't make us pay for Gold just to play online against other players!

Old 02-08-2013, 03:17 PM   #618
SolarTiger
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by X Knight View Post
I remember some N64 games getting up into the $70-$80 range.

it will be interesting to see if BOTH XBOX 720 and PS4 block used games.

if XBOX does but PS4 doesn't, that would be a huge advantage for Sony, imo.
I'd jump ship to Sony if that was the case.

Old 02-08-2013, 03:23 PM   #619
Matt Mortem
Moof Milker

Quote:
Originally Posted by X Knight View Post
yeah, don't charge us $60+ for new games, then $20 here, $10 there, $5 here for DLC. and don't make us pay for Gold just to play online against other players!
I would accept that compromise. $60 for every ****ing game, regardless of quality, is nonsense. I buy used games because of the price point of new ones. When it comes to buying new Xbox games I buy one or two per YEAR.

Old 02-08-2013, 03:25 PM   #620
TX85
Banned User

IF Sony doesn't then I'll just stick to the PS4 and IF BOTH does it then I'll likely get the new Xbox,I've already decided to get just one console between PS4&Xbox 3 then both again anyway.

Old 02-08-2013, 05:10 PM   #621
Benstamania
Go away.

I fully expect the next Xbox and PS4 to ban used games. I'm pretty much expecting that. The "always online" thing is the game changer. If Microsoft does that, as much as I love Halo I will NOT buy a new Xbox... I'll go PS4.

I'm only getting one (plus the Steambox and WiiU I already have) so I'll be watching very closely.

Old 02-08-2013, 06:14 PM   #622
Iceman
Infinity War!

I expect games like Binary Domain or The Darkness to launch at $40 - $45. It might take a bit of time to educate the publishers to find the sweet spot but at $60 I wouldn't buy any middle tier games. I like to buy new and keep my games so I usually wait till they get to a decent price. But I'm open to going digital one day as I just don't have space to keep buying games at the rate I'm buying them. Already had to stop collecting comics & buying books & anything but the best films for that reason.

Old 02-08-2013, 06:24 PM   #623
Havok83
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt Mortem View Post
I would accept that compromise. $60 for every ****ing game, regardless of quality, is nonsense. I buy used games because of the price point of new ones. When it comes to buying new Xbox games I buy one or two per YEAR.
I thought Sony did a good thing releasing Sly Cooper at $40 on the PS3 and that also comes with a playable version for the Vita. Wish they had been doing more of this earlier in the system's life cycle bc not every gameneeds to be $60

Old 02-08-2013, 06:25 PM   #624
Benstamania
Go away.

If they push digital... Which I have no problems with, give me reason to go digital. I don't want to pay retail price... Give it to me for 30-40 bucks and I'll never buy physical media again.

Old 02-08-2013, 06:30 PM   #625
Havok83
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benstamania View Post
If they push digital... Which I have no problems with, give me reason to go digital. I don't want to pay retail price... Give it to me for 30-40 bucks and I'll never buy physical media again.
Id rather pay same price retail than a discount digital bc at least with the hard copy, I can get rid of it and put that towards something new, if I dont want to keep it

Closed Thread