The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > The Avengers > Marvel's The Avengers

View Poll Results: What will be the world-wide box office take of The Avengers?
1.5 billion > 7 4.93%
1.0 billion > 31 21.83%
900 million > 30 21.13%
800 million > 46 32.39%
700 million > 20 14.08%
600 million > 1 0.70%
500 million > 6 4.23%
400 million > 0 0%
300 million > 1 0.70%
200 million > 0 0%
Voters: 142. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 05-05-2012, 10:55 AM   #201
Oruku Saki
Side-Kick

Default Re: The Avengers Box-Office Prediction Thread - Part 3

I think Thanos will possibly be in Avengers 2 AND 3. I mean, he is def a large-scale enough villain to take on the Avengers twice! "More personal" probably means he attacks each Avenger on a personal level. Maybe TA2 will be Empire Strikes Back where everyone is left in shambles by the end, Thanos looks to be victories and TA3 will be their climb back to the top and toppling his rule.

Old 05-05-2012, 10:55 AM   #202
kedrell
Fork&SpoonOperator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chewy View Post
Well certainly a single character as the villain is more personal than a large personality-less army as the villain
The army wasn't the villain in this. Loki was. The army was merely an extension of him for the most part.

Old 05-05-2012, 10:59 AM   #203
kedrell
Fork&SpoonOperator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oruku Saki View Post
I think Thanos will possibly be in Avengers 2 AND 3. I mean, he is def a large-scale enough villain to take on the Avengers twice! "More personal" probably means he attacks each Avenger on a personal level. Maybe TA2 will be Empire Strikes Back where everyone is left in shambles by the end, Thanos looks to be victories and TA3 will be their climb back to the top and toppling his rule.
That's really not Thanos's style. I'm still betting the Pym's will get introduced at some point(Ant-Man is probably not getting his own movie but they can get set up somewhere else) and then you can do Ultron. Ultron can be much more personal than Thanos.

Old 05-05-2012, 11:02 AM   #204
chiefchirpa
Haaa-rooooooo

Quote:
I believe Avengers 2 will be about Ultron. 3 could be on Kang. Thanos might get kicked to the Guardians of the Galaxy project.

Old 05-05-2012, 11:04 AM   #205
AvengeME
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by spider-neil View Post
definately prefer hobbit to lord of the rings.

EVERYONE is going to see TDKR, the question is, is everyone going to see TDKR TWICE?
Nolan's films have a certain rewatchability (not a word I know) factor. They may not be laugh out loud entertaining, but you still have to see it again to understand everything going on and get every possible angle. I am most curious to see where they take Catwoman and the back story from Batman Begins; less interested in Bane.

Back to box office, I feel it will put up a very good number, 160 OW at least, probably because it doesn't have 3D.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kedrell View Post
Supes still needs his own redemption after SR before a JL movie should be made. And there's no guarantee yet that MOS will do that. We hope it will but until it hits it's all guesswork. The only one who's really fully ready to go is Batman and even with him I'd argue that you should have at least one Batman film apart from Nolan's singular continuity to redress Batman's world in a more comic book like fashion.
I don't want to get off track, but there was basically a Batwing flying in the middle of downtown Gotham. I think we can suspend our belief a bit. No need to shed that continuity. Haven't seen the third trailer yet so who knows what they included in that. Was hoping to get it in my Avenger showing. I'll watch it later.

Last edited by AvengeME; 05-05-2012 at 11:11 AM.
Old 05-05-2012, 11:04 AM   #206
BigThor
God of Thunder

Quote:
That's really not Thanos's style. I'm still betting the Pym's will get introduced at some point(Ant-Man is probably not getting his own movie but they can get set up somewhere else) and then you can do Ultron. Ultron can be much more personal than Thanos.
I've always said my dream direction for the Avengers would be...

Avengers - Loki

Avengers 2 - Ultron

Avengers 3 - Thanos

http://forums.superherohype.com/showthread.php?t=543581

Join our discussion on the MCU's Power Tier - http://forums.superherohype.com/showthread.php?t=535009

MCU Thor Respect Thread
http://forums.superherohype.com/showthread.php?t=541747
Old 05-05-2012, 11:08 AM   #207
Oruku Saki
Side-Kick

You guys are avoiding the whole point...Thanos, not Ultron, was shown in the after credit scene. I mean, isn't the whole point of that to show who is pulling Loki's strings, and therefore be the next major villain for them? I mean, they could have peppered the movie with Ultron references, but instead it was Thanos. Thanos will be the next villain; possibly the Vader of the Avengers franchise

Old 05-05-2012, 11:11 AM   #208
Tony Stark
Armored Avenger!

Quote:
I thought he was getting his own movie.

Old 05-05-2012, 11:13 AM   #209
PokeJ
Banned User

Isn't Ultron more of an Antman/Wasp villain?

Old 05-05-2012, 11:13 AM   #210
Saitou Hajime
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tony Stark View Post
Really WB has always had the problem with too many suits in the room ala Fox.
Nah, Fox's problem is that the buck stops on one guy, who happens to be a villain. Sort like the difference between the WWE (Fox) and WCW (WB).

Old 05-05-2012, 11:17 AM   #211
Tony Stark
Armored Avenger!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saitou Hajime View Post
Nah, Fox's problem is that the buck stops on one guy, who happens to be a villain. Sort like the difference between the WWE (Fox) and WCW (WB).
Murdock? Nah he doesn't run the movie studio, he runs news corp which runs Fox News. 20th Century Fox is an independent subsidiary.

Old 05-05-2012, 11:20 AM   #212
Saitou Hajime
Side-Kick

I meant Rothman.

Old 05-05-2012, 11:21 AM   #213
Kirmit
Big Green Machine.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AvengeME View Post
Nolan's films have a certain rewatchability (not a word I know) factor. They may not be laugh out loud entertaining, but you still have to see it again to understand everything going on and get every possible angle. I am most curious to see where they take Catwoman and the back story from Batman Begins; less interested in Bane.
I actually find the complete opposite, Nolan's film don't have great rewatchability. I absolutely love BB, TDK, Inception and The Prestige but I've only watched each one maybe three times whilst other films I love I've watched over a dozen times.

Old 05-05-2012, 11:23 AM   #214
kedrell
Fork&SpoonOperator

Quote:
You guys are avoiding the whole point...Thanos, not Ultron, was shown in the after credit scene. I mean, isn't the whole point of that to show who is pulling Loki's strings, and therefore be the next major villain for them? I mean, they could have peppered the movie with Ultron references, but instead it was Thanos. Thanos will be the next villain; possibly the Vader of the Avengers franchise
There's no rule that says the end credits stinger 'must' be a lead in to the the very next sequel. They can skip a film and then come back to it.

Old 05-05-2012, 11:25 AM   #215
chiefchirpa
Haaa-rooooooo

Quote:
Originally Posted by PokeJ View Post
Isn't Ultron more of an Antman/Wasp villain?
No Ultron is an Avengers level threat

Old 05-05-2012, 11:28 AM   #216
AvengeME
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirmit View Post
I actually find the complete opposite, Nolan's film don't have great rewatchability. I absolutely love BB, TDK, Inception and The Prestige but I've only watched each one maybe three times whilst other films I love I've watched over a dozen times.
I actually agree completely. But you have to watch it a second time to fully grasp the film, if not a third time. More than likely, the second and third viewings are better than the first. That's how I felt with all four films. Now do you see that on DVD or in theaters again? That depends.

But certainly I am not gonna watch those films like I watch Star Wars, Indiana Jones, maybe even some Marvel films like Iron Man and the first couple of Spidey films. Those are crowd pleasers.

Old 05-05-2012, 11:30 AM   #217
Marvin
Side-Kick

Quote:
I personally disagree with every film listed with the huge exception of BB.

Old 05-05-2012, 11:44 AM   #218
Shadowlord X
Side-Kick

Quote:
I agree for the most part. I just find his narrative style boring, on top of a complete inability to do exciting, 'edge-of-your-seat', action scenes.

BB had rewatchability. Saw it once in cinema and a couple times on cable.
I've never been able to sit through tdk a second time.
Inception is just so dull that I have never tried to watch it again.
The Prestige I was able to watch twice; once in cinema ad once on cable.
Even Momento when I watched it the first time I liked it but didn't feel a desire to watch it a second time, although I did (out of a lack of anything else to do at the time) many years later.

Old 05-05-2012, 11:45 AM   #219
BigThor
God of Thunder

Quote:
You'll see....

Join our discussion on the MCU's Power Tier - http://forums.superherohype.com/showthread.php?t=535009

MCU Thor Respect Thread
Old 05-05-2012, 11:55 AM   #220
K'Prime
Beast mode

Quote:
There's no rule that says the end credits stinger 'must' be a lead in to the the very next sequel. They can skip a film and then come back to it.
I don't think they would show thanos at the end credits of the first avengers if they weren't gonna use him in the sequel

Old 05-05-2012, 11:56 AM   #221
AvengeME
Banned User

I think the sequel will bring back Coulson as Vision. He will initially be used as a villain and a pawn by Ultron to hijack SHIELD secrets... building up to Ultron and a robot army in the finale.

I also think you unfortunately have to drop some characters if you introduce Pym and his wife. I wouldn't bring Hulk back. As successful as he was, it fits his character to offer assistance in third world countries, not randomly show up with every major threat.

Old 05-05-2012, 12:00 PM   #222
kedrell
Fork&SpoonOperator

Quote:
Originally Posted by K'Prime View Post
I don't think they would show thanos at the end credits of the first avengers if they weren't gonna use him in the sequel
Obviously they plan to use him in A sequel. But there's no rule that says it must be the NEXT sequel.

Old 05-05-2012, 12:04 PM   #223
weezerspider
Side-Kick

I just saw The Avengers had the 2nd biggest opening day ever. I hope The Avenger's success helps the other solo films, because while Captain America and Thor were solid successes, I'd love for them to start turning in massive numbers like Iron Man.

Old 05-05-2012, 12:04 PM   #224
BigThor
God of Thunder

Quote:
Obviously they plan to use him in A sequel. But there's no rule that says it must be the NEXT sequel.
Definately

People aren't going to understand until Avengers 2 rolls around though, so it's pointless to try to prove otherwise.

We'll just have a nice "told you so" moment once A2 rolls around, you can count on it.

MCU Thor Respect Thread
Old 05-05-2012, 12:12 PM   #225
K'Prime
Beast mode

Quote:
um ok.but theres nothing that indicates that hes not gonna be in the sequel unless if there was already talk about something else.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigThor View Post
Definately

People aren't going to understand until Avengers 2 rolls around though, so it's pointless to try to prove otherwise.

We'll just have a nice "told you so" moment once A2 rolls around, you can count on it.
oh no im open.explain this to me i really wanna know why the strong belief is its gonna be someone else

Closed Thread