The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Games > Nintendo

Old 07-04-2014, 04:08 PM   #126
zenith16
Side-Kick

Default Re: Bayonetta 2

Bayonetta 2 Will Have More Detailed Enemy Reactions And Animation. July 4, 2014 . 1:33pm

“My challenge to myself for Bayonetta 2 was to create the right enemy motion for each attack,” says motion designer Takaaki Yamaguchi.

Quote:
Takaaki Yamaguchi serves the role of “motion designer” on Bayonetta 2. A motion designer’s job is to provide movement to anything in the game that requires it. This includes making sure that enemies are animated properly, that their moves are easy to understand, and that the playable character’s controls feel right as well.

VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:http://videos.videopress.com/g2jrCTb...chi_1_fmt1.ogv

In Bayonetta 2, Yamaguchi says, enemies’ reactions change depending on the kind of attack Bayonetta performs. The video above shows off an example of enemy reactions from Bayonetta 1, while the video below shows off reactions from Bayonetta 2.

VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:http://videos.videopress.com/uN262QV...chi_2_fmt1.ogv

“My challenge to myself for Bayonetta 2 was to create the right enemy motion for each attack,” Yamaguchi writes. “We had plenty of enemy reactions that would change depending on what attack Bayonetta performed, but I wanted to take this further for Bayonetta 2.”

He adds: “Doing a little research, I realized that the enemies in Bayonetta 2 have an average of 3.5x the number of reactions as those in the original.”

Bayonetta 2 is scheduled for release this October on Wii U.
source:Siliconera

zenith16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2014, 08:09 PM   #127
zenith16
Side-Kick

Bayonetta’s English Voice Cast Returns For Bayonetta: Bloody Fate. July 7, 2014 . 2:29pm

At Anime Expo, Funimation announced the English voice cast for Bayonetta: Bloody Fate, the animated movie based on the original game.

Quote:

At Anime Expo, Funimation announced the English voice cast for Bayonetta: Bloody Fate, the animated movie based on the original game. It looks like Funimation have gotten most of the major voice-actors from the game to voice their respective characters in the movie as well. Here’s the full list:

BAYONETTA – Hellena Taylor
JEANNE – Grey DeLisle
LUKA – Yuri Lowenthal
BALDER – Grant Albrecht (Liam O’Brien in the game)
RODIN – Dave Fennoy
ENZO – John Kassir (Allan Groves in the game)
NARRATOR – Richard Epcar

Bayonetta: Bloody Fate adapts the story of the original game with a few changes, and is produced by Studio Gonzo. Funimation have not yet announced a date for the film’s North American release.

Old 07-07-2014, 08:48 PM   #128
terry78
I don't die, fool

Taylor nailed the character.

terry78 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2014, 05:35 PM   #129
Tron Bonne
All Ass, No Sass

Looks like Bayonetta will come on a disc for NA after all, and not just a digital download.

"When you see a John Woo film, it's comforting to know how shallow the world really is. The full force of the manly coolness factor with a peice of nose hair sticking out from the tiny crack between manly and cool, exposes the thinness of the male hormone factor. It takes an idiot to do cool things. That's why it's cool."

Quote:
I was a North American Fall Webworm in my past life. Those were the good old days.
Tron Bonne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2014, 02:38 PM   #130
zenith16
Side-Kick

60,000 Viewers Tuned In For Bayonetta 2 During Nintendo’s E3 Livestream.July 18, 2014 . 12:01pm

Bayonetta 2 producer Akiko Kuroda describes her trip to E3 and being on the Nintendo Treehouse livestream.
Quote:

At E3 this year, Nintendo featured PlatinumGames during their Treehouse Live livestream event. Platinum appeared during the course of the stream multiple times to show off both Bayonetta and Bayonetta 2 for Wii U, and it sounds like the livestream idea worked out well for the team.

Producer Akiko Kuroda, who was controlling both games during the livestream, recently took to the Platinum blog to discuss her trip to E3. In her post, Kuroda describes the Treehouse Live stream, and how it was set up.

“Nintendo’s goal for the event was to present titles with a more real, at-home approach instead of just deliver something scripted,” she writes. “There was some prep before we went on, but most of the talk was [director] Hashimoto doing ad-lib.”

“Believe it or not, you don’t really get the chance to convey what you want about the game, or show it to your fans in such a direct way so often, so it felt great to be able to take part in Treehouse Live, and I hope to be able to do more events like it in the future,” Kuroda writes further down in her blog post. She then reveals that 60,000 people tuned in to hear about Bayonetta 2 during the stream.

Kuroda also writes that, among other questions the team was asked by the gaming media, the question of Bayonetta 3 was brought up as well. “You guys are so impatient,” Kuro joked. “Bayonetta 2 isn’t even out yet! But yeah, we’d love to make 3 if we could…”

Read more stories about Bayonetta 2 & Wii U on Siliconera.

Old 07-19-2014, 11:54 PM   #131
zenith16
Side-Kick

Quote:
Bayonetta 2‘s cities and waterways were heavily inspired by European architecture.

Bayonetta 2‘s October release date is fast approaching, and the developers at Platinum Games have been giving updates on the game’s development on their official blog. The latest update comes from Platinum’s lead environmental artist, Hiroki Onishi, who recounts the team’s trip to Italy and Belgium, and how the locales influenced the design of Bayonetta 2‘s central location, Noatun.
The developers’ first stop was a visit to the Royal Palace in Belgium. This had a profound impact on many of the game’s buildings, inspiring grander and more stylized designs thanks to the opportune visit.

“The trip ended up being more rewarding than we could’ve imagined,” said Onishi.
Next was the Church of Our Lady in Brussels, where the developers were mesmerized by the church’s stained-glass windows and the reflections they made on the floor.

Onishi stated, “These kinds of antique glass have a high transparency that clearly reflects color onto walls and floors when hit with sunlight.” Platinum went to great lengths to recreate this in the game, which became a favorite location amongst the developers. The stone walkways and geranium flowers of Florence, as well as the architecture of Venice were crucial to the look of Bayonetta 2‘s world.
Finally, the waterways of Venice, which is the city’s primary means of transportation, was something the developers felt needed to be conveyed properly in the game.

The developers at Platinum Games seem to be going to great lengths to make the world of Bayonetta 2 look as beautiful and picturesque as the locations that inspired them. “It was a new experience for all of us, and it gave us some slight culture shock. Yet I think it was things like these that gave Venice a unique artistic quality that was interesting to express in the game.” Bayonetta 2 is set to be released October 2014 exclusively for the Wii U.
source: Operation Rainfall

Old 07-24-2014, 07:10 AM   #132
zenith16
Side-Kick

Bayonetta 2 Shares More Details On Its Online Multiplayer Mode. July 24, 2014 . 4:29am

In addition to being able to being able to invite your friends in Tag Climax mode, you can also be matched up with random players online or play with a CPU partner.
Quote:

Nintendo previously announced that Bayonetta 2 will have an online multiplayer co-op mode, called “Tag Climax,” where players can team up together. Here’s a closer look how it works.

In addition to being able to being able to invite your friends in Tag Climax mode, you can also be matched up with random players online or play with a CPU partner. The stages vary from having you fight challenging bosses, to hordes of enemies, and you’ll get to pick what time of stage.

As previously reported, in online quick matches, you’ll be able to bet Halos (in-game currency), to challenge the other player on who can score higher points. You can then use the money to unlock new techniques, accessories, and alternate weapon variations.

Stages are shown on “Verse Cards,” and you’ll pretty much have access to all the stages of the cards you own. The stage difficulty can be adjusted, with the higher difficulty ones requiring more Halos, but will also return more if successfully cleared.

Tag Climax mode lets you pick your own character, along with weapons and accessories. Equipment and character skills can be acquired through the story mode, so the further you advance in the game, the better you’ll perform in Tag Climax.

Bayonetta 2 is slated for release this October for Wii U.

And

Bayonetta 2 Hands-On: Riding A Centaur And Clearing Chapter 2. July 24, 2014 . 9:33am

Nintendo showed Siliconera the second chapter of Bayonetta 2 titled, “A Remembrance of Time.” This level is set in a town and introduced a new Angel type to fight.
Quote:

Nintendo showed Siliconera the second chapter of Bayonetta 2 titled, “A Remembrance of Time.” This level is set in a town and introduced a new Angel type to fight.

Right at the beginning of the level, I crossed swords with Enrapture. This Angel has an ability to makes other Angels go berserk (indicated by an enemy turning red), which increases their defense and attack. Enraptures themselves do not go berserk, so you should target them to debuff the other enemies.

Bayonetta 2 lets players carry two sets of weapons, which can be changed on the fly. This demo, like the E3 demo before it, had the option of swords and guns. Switching weapons mid-combo is easy to do, but most of the time I stuck with the swords. My play style is getting close enough for an enemy to attack to utilize Witch Time and then counterattack.

The game has these Angels that look kind of like Centaurs and you can ride them in Bayonetta 2. When a Centuar was stunned I walked up to it an a contextual command that said “Ride” popped up and after pressing a button makes Bayonetta jump on. The Centaur isn’t a tamed mount like in Golden Axe. The enemy violently tried to buck Bayonetta off… which actually helped since it kick other enemies in the process. Bayonetta finishes her ride by tossing the Centaur which kills it.

While running around, I noticed some hidden black portals in the level, but a Nintendo rep said he could not comment on what those were. He did show me a hidden mission where Bayonetta had to fight three Centaurs in a small space.

At the end of the chapter I fought a huge boss that spit poison blobs at Bayonetta. This boss also had a stomp attack that dealt serious damage, but it was telegraphed in a way that made it easier to dodge. I used a spear picked up from a fallen Centaur during the fight and an Umbran Climax, a new move that lets Bayonetta use her Wicked Weave hair attacks when her magic gauge is full, to whittle the boss’ life down. The final blow came from a frog-like familiar that wrapped the boss with its tongue.

Bayonetta 2 comes out this October in North America.

Last edited by zenith16; 07-24-2014 at 11:39 AM.
Old 07-24-2014, 05:12 PM   #133
BlackMagicWolf
He who is BlackMagic

Hyrule Warriors, Smash Bros., Bayonetta 2 (packaged with the original!), it's a good fall for Nintendo fans!

Check it out! Then check out our Facebook page! Also, we're on Twitter! @Guardians_Comic
BlackMagicWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2014, 05:41 AM   #134
Tron Bonne
All Ass, No Sass

All the yes.

"When you see a John Woo film, it's comforting to know how shallow the world really is. The full force of the manly coolness factor with a peice of nose hair sticking out from the tiny crack between manly and cool, exposes the thinness of the male hormone factor. It takes an idiot to do cool things. That's why it's cool."

Quote:
I was a North American Fall Webworm in my past life. Those were the good old days.
Old 07-28-2014, 12:03 PM   #135
zenith16
Side-Kick

Bayonetta: Bloody Fate Film Gets An English-Dubbed Trailer. July 27, 2014 . 11:44pm

Funimation have debuted an English trailer for the Bayonetta: Bloody Fate film.

Quote:
Funimation have debuted a trailer for the Bayonetta: Bloody Fate film that gives us our first look at the English dub. You can watch the trailer for the film below.

Bayonetta: Bloody Fate will be released on October 21st in North America in a Blu-Ray/DVD combo pack.

Read more stories about Anime & Bayonetta & Videos on Siliconera.
source: Siliconera

Old 08-05-2014, 02:16 PM   #136
zenith16
Side-Kick

Here’s How You Get A Platinum Grade In Bayonetta 2. August 5, 2014 . 11:30am

At the San Diego Comic-Con, Nintendo livestreamed a challenge for Bayonetta 2.

Quote:

At the San Diego Comic-Con, Nintendo livestreamed a challenge for Bayonetta 2, where they asked players to achieve a grade of Platinum or Pure Platinum. Acquiring the Platinum grade requires both efficient combos and a low completion time.

Meanwhile, Pure Platinum requires that and requires you not to get hit even once. Naturally, that doesn’t happen here, but you can watch the challenge being attempted in the video above, to see how the Platinum grade is achieved.

Bayonetta 2 will be released this October in North America and Europe.

Read more stories about Bayonetta 2 & Videos & Wii U on Siliconera.

Old 08-05-2014, 05:14 PM   #137
LibidoLoca
Sensually Delicious

Bayonetta for SSBWU?

Old 08-05-2014, 05:29 PM   #138
BlackMagicWolf
He who is BlackMagic

I think she would be a great addition to the roster. Will it happen? I don't know, but it would be a BIG surprise if she did!

Check it out! Then check out our Facebook page! Also, we're on Twitter! @Guardians_Comic
Old 08-18-2014, 04:06 PM   #139
zenith16
Side-Kick

Video preview: Bayonetta 2

(2 minutes ago)

In the pantheon of video game absurdity, Platinum's Bayonetta franchise stands atop any other series. A witch with guns for shoes and hair that acts as both outfit and weapon trumps pretty much any other crazy concept ever concocted in interactive entertainment history.

Platinum brings its powerful action heroine back later this year in Bayonetta 2, exclusively on the Wii U. After spending time with the game, Joystiq Editor-in-chief Ludwig Kietzmann recounts the many monsters slain, snapshots taken of Bayonetta in action and puts an age-old debate to rest: long haired Bayonetta or short?
[Image: Platinum]
Bayonetta 2 (E3 2013)

Continue Reading

source:Joystiq

Old 08-19-2014, 07:37 PM   #140
zenith16
Side-Kick

Bayonetta 2 Sound Designer On Creating Angelic And Demonic Sounds. August 19, 2014 . 2:01pm

Bayonetta 2 sound designer Daisuke Sakata touches upon his job and how he goes about designing sounds for the game.
Quote:
In a post on the PlatinumGames blog, Bayonetta and Bayonetta 2 sound designer Daisuke Sakata touches upon his job and how he goes about designing sounds for the game. In particular, Sakata talks about the presence of both angel and demon enemies in Bayonetta 2, and he he created sounds for each.

VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:http://videos.videopress.com/hAADuMy...el_demo_hd.mp4

“As far as angelic sounds were concerned, we had figured out our overall concept for angelic sound design in the first game, so that was a process of simply importing those sounds over,” Sakata writes, providing the video above as an example of angelic enemy sounds.

“The real challenge for us was figuring out what a demonic sound was, since those enemies didn’t exist in the first game,” Sakata says. The video below provides an example of the kind of demonic sounds you’ll hear in the game.
VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:http://videos.videopress.com/uhoTKVQ...on_demo_hd.mp4

“If angelic sounds could be described with words like sacred and divine, we figured demonic sounds would probably best be characterized by the opposite, words like profane and unholy,” Sakata explains. “I started creating sounds by using these keywords as a guide.”

Bayonetta 2 will be released this October for Wii U and will include a copy of the original Bayonetta, ported to Wii U with enhancements, as well.

Old 08-29-2014, 08:28 AM   #141
zenith16
Side-Kick

Bayonetta 2 Hits North America On October 24th. August 29, 2014 . 5:16am

Bayonetta 2 will be released on October 24th for Wii U in North America, Nintendo announced this morning.
Quote:

Bayonetta 2 will be released on October 24th for Wii U in North America, Nintendo announced this morning.

As previously reported, the game will come packaged with a copy of the original Bayonetta, which has ported to Wii U in enhanced form with extra features.

Old 08-29-2014, 11:24 AM   #142
Tron Bonne
All Ass, No Sass

Finally, a solid date. Oh, I have to work that day, but I may take the day off

Quote:
Old 08-29-2014, 03:49 PM   #143
DarthSkywalker
May the Force Be With You

Now I am really happy about the Unity delay.

Old 09-02-2014, 10:10 AM   #144
zenith16
Side-Kick

Make Bayonetta Dance Anywhere With The Power Of Augmented Reality. September 1, 2014 . 11:27pm

Bayonetta 2 from Platinum Games and Nintendo is coming out for Wii U in Japan in just a few weeks. Right now, using the Junaio augmented reality app for iOS or Android, you can make Bayonetta pop up and dance
Quote:

Bayonetta 2 from Platinum Games and Nintendo is coming out for Wii U in Japan in just a few weeks. Right now, using the Junaio augmented reality app for iOS or Android, you can make Bayonetta pop up and dance.

After you download the Junaio app search for "bayonetta2" to get dancing Bayonetta. If you put her nearby a pole shaped object she’ll do a pole dance.

Twenty fans that post images to the Bayonetta 2 contest page will win QUO cards worth 1,000 yen. Check out some of the entrants here.

Read more stories about Android & Bayonetta 2 & iPhone & Wii U on Siliconera.

Old 09-02-2014, 10:57 AM   #145
BlackMagicWolf
He who is BlackMagic

wow...just....wow...

Old 09-02-2014, 06:21 PM   #146
Tron Bonne
All Ass, No Sass

Be there, or be square

Quote:
Old 09-02-2014, 06:55 PM   #147
Matt Mortem
Big Monster

I wonder what they could possibly have to share about the game. Seems pretty straightforward to me. Regardless, I'll be tuning in.

Old 09-02-2014, 08:08 PM   #148
BlackMagicWolf
He who is BlackMagic

Oh...I'll be there!

Old 09-03-2014, 08:16 AM   #149
Tron Bonne
All Ass, No Sass

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt Mortem View Post
I wonder what they could possibly have to share about the game. Seems pretty straightforward to me. Regardless, I'll be tuning in.
I assume it'll probably be like The Wonderful 101. They'll break down the mechanics and have one last story trailer.

Quote:
Old 09-04-2014, 04:59 PM   #150
zenith16
Side-Kick

Watch The Bayonetta 2 Nintendo Direct Right Here. September 4, 2014 . 2:48pm

Nintendo will be streaming a Nintendo Direct presentation for Bayonetta 2.

Quote:

Nintendo will be streaming a Nintendo Direct presentation for Bayonetta 2 in about ten minutes from now (3 pm PST). You can view the livestream below.

After the stream has ended, we’ll update this post with the archived video once it is made available.

Read more stories about Bayonetta 2 & Videos & Wii U on Siliconera.