The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Games > Misc. and Multiplatform Games

Old 10-15-2015, 08:24 PM   #101
zenith16
Side-Kick

Default Re: The Resident Evil Thread

Resident Evil and a bunch of other Capcom favourites are the stars of the latest Humble Bundle

15 hours ago Comments 1
Once again the Humble Bundle is throwing a collection of games at people for less money than the cost of a coffee cup lid. This time that big...
Read more

source: PCGamesN

zenith16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2015, 01:41 PM   #102
Tron Bonne
All Ass, No Sass

Less money than the cost of a coffee cup lid?

"When you see a John Woo film, it's comforting to know how shallow the world really is. The full force of the manly coolness factor with a peice of nose hair sticking out from the tiny crack between manly and cool, exposes the thinness of the male hormone factor. It takes an idiot to do cool things. That's why it's cool."

Quote:
I was a North American Fall Webworm in my past life. Those were the good old days.
Tron Bonne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2015, 08:28 PM   #103
Victarion
Iron Captain

Revelations was fun. I liked the Regenerator-like enemies that seemed to have replaced your zombies/majini/ganados as the basic enemy. My only nit to pick is I wish
Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:
that Morgan had actually been the good guy in the end. It was kinda obvious he wasn't from the getgo.

Old 10-21-2015, 10:43 PM   #104
zenith16
Side-Kick

Resident Evil HD Remaster finally has the original voice acting mod it deserves

5 hours ago

The Resident Evil HD Remaster is a lesson in how to do remasters: make it prettier, improve the sounds and update the controls. Leave everything...
Read more

source: PCGamesN

zenith16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2015, 11:38 AM   #105
psylockolussus
Fierce User

Quote:
Originally Posted by zenith16 View Post

Capcom: Stay Tuned For Resident Evil 7, No Plans For A New Devil May Cry For Now. October 6, 2015 . 9:03am

Capcom developers share the latest on the Resident Evil series, Devil May Cry, and more in a recent Q&A session.

source: Siliconera
I want Claire and Jill back for RE7. I also want Carlos to return!

psylockolussus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2015, 11:45 AM   #106
Matt Mortem
Big Monster

Carlos would be a welcome return.

Old 11-01-2015, 12:16 PM   #107
KevanG
Pragmatic Villain

PSN has a bunch of RE games on sale. I picked up 2/3 for a few bucks.

KevanG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2015, 12:47 PM   #108
Benstamania
Go away.

I'm still waiting for a legit RE game where I play as Hunk. I don't mean like extra stuff or Operations.. Maybe Hunk who grew tired of Umbrella, etc.

Old 11-01-2015, 01:41 PM   #109
Matt Mortem
Big Monster

I think the RE series derailed after Umbrella stopped being the main focus. I know it's still kinda there, but the days of RE 1-3 with all of Umbrella's shenanigans were when the stories were strongest.

Old 11-01-2015, 01:54 PM   #110
Havok83
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt Mortem View Post
I think the RE series derailed after Umbrella stopped being the main focus. I know it's still kinda there, but the days of RE 1-3 with all of Umbrella's shenanigans were when the stories were strongest.
RE1-CV. CV was still very much intertwined with Umbrella. I still hate that Capcom never gave us a proper conclusion to the Umbrella saga. CV ends with Chris swearing to take Umbrella down and RE4 opens up with Leon recapping that the company no longer exists. WTF?!? Were the first 4 games not leading to anything?

Havok83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2015, 01:59 PM   #111
Drz
Real Hero

How could Umbrella as a company last after 2-3 when a whole city gets pretty much destroyed.

"Social critics don’t mean a thing to me. It’s really easy to ignore them, because I believe in what I’m doing 100 percent. So any naysayers for the public good can just buzz off. They might be a drag for a moment, but after that moment is over, it always ends up being gasoline to my fire." - Quentin Tarantino
Drz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2015, 02:09 PM   #112
Havok83
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drz View Post
How could Umbrella as a company last after 2-3 when a whole city gets pretty much destroyed.
because it did. Umbrella existed for about 4-5 years after the destruction of Raccoon City. Its downfall should have been an event and not something mentioned in passing at the start of the next game

Havok83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2015, 03:44 PM   #113
Jick
Auxiliary Assistant

With that being the case, they could make Umbrella the enemy of RE7, saying that thet were laying low and operating from the shadows all this time. Make it the final assault.

Jick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2015, 01:51 PM   #114
ProjectPat2280
SELLING...PERFECTION

Quote:
Absolutely. Thats why I think this series has reached its end. Time to reboot, or remake.

Old 11-02-2015, 03:28 PM   #115
Tron Bonne
All Ass, No Sass

The stories were never that great.

"When you see a John Woo film, it's comforting to know how shallow the world really is. The full force of the manly coolness factor with a peice of nose hair sticking out from the tiny crack between manly and cool, exposes the thinness of the male hormone factor. It takes an idiot to do cool things. That's why it's cool."

Quote:
I was a North American Fall Webworm in my past life. Those were the good old days.
Old 11-03-2015, 02:55 PM   #116
ProjectPat2280
SELLING...PERFECTION

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tron Bonne View Post
The stories were never that great.
The first games story was great. The larger the stories became, the worse they got. But there's no denying the first 2 games were telling a great story. Sadistic corporation, working in secret to develop BOWs in the outskirts of a quaint little mountain town when everything goes wrong and the horrors they created get unleashed in said town. That's gold.

Last edited by ProjectPat2280; 11-03-2015 at 02:59 PM.
ProjectPat2280 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2015, 08:32 PM   #117
Tron Bonne
All Ass, No Sass

There is denying it, and I am denying it. Hell, the first game barely had a story. None of the stories of the games have been good. They excel at other things like atmosphere, characterization, etc, but the actual stories themselves? You have to have pretty low standards to think any of the games, new or old, had "great" stories.

Quote:

Last edited by Tron Bonne; 11-03-2015 at 08:45 PM.
Old 11-03-2015, 08:43 PM   #118
Majik1387
Banned User

Or maybe you just have ridiculously high standards for what's considered great.

Majik1387 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2015, 08:43 PM   #119
Tron Bonne
All Ass, No Sass

I don't

Quote:
Old 11-03-2015, 09:09 PM   #120
DarthSkywalker
May the Force Be With You

Quote:
Originally Posted by Majik1387 View Post
Or maybe you just have ridiculously high standards for what's considered great.
Videogame storytelling really is graded on a curve for the most part. After Bioshock Infinite, Portal, and The Last of Us, I don't feel like doing that anymore. Those three games proved you can tell a truly great story in a videogame.

Old 11-03-2015, 09:10 PM   #121
Matt Mortem
Big Monster

Red Dead Redemption probably has one of the best video game stories I've ever experienced. The RE games never came close, but the plots of the first three RE games were really enjoyable to me and I dug exploring the nightmare world of Umbrella and it's madness.

Old 11-03-2015, 09:17 PM   #122
DarthSkywalker

Quote:
Red Dead Redemption probably has one of the best video game stories I've ever experienced. The RE games never came close, but the plots of the first three RE games were really enjoyable to me and I dug exploring the nightmare world of Umbrella and it's madness.
I love Red Dead Redemption, but it is bit of a half-baked version of stories from Westerns. I have seen it a lot of times, and told a lot better.

One I should have added to the list is The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt. That game has some fantastic storytelling.

Old 11-03-2015, 09:17 PM   #123
Tron Bonne
All Ass, No Sass

I will say I don't think they're bad per say, there just...not great. All of them are just kind of basic stories that give you a reason get you from point A to point B, especially the first game in which there's very little attempt to actually tell a story, and just ends up a confusing mess by the end anyway.

RE3 and RE5 are the only ones I think just have purely bad stories. RE3 because the concept is so dumb and pointless, and RE5 is mostly just nonsense, especially the stuff with Wesker.

Quote:
Old 11-03-2015, 09:25 PM   #124
DarthSkywalker

My favorite Resident Evil story is 4's. It pulls off the B-movie action/zombie fun quite well imo.

Old 11-03-2015, 11:06 PM   #125
KevanG
Pragmatic Villain

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tron Bonne View Post
RE3 and RE5 are the only ones I think just have purely bad stories. RE3 because the concept is so dumb and pointless, and RE5 is mostly just nonsense, especially the stuff with Wesker.
I'll agree with that. 3 made little sense story wise and as much as I love Nemmy, it's still pretty dumb. 5 was mostly 'Get that guy!. Aww he's dead. . Hey there's someone else! Aww... WESKER!!! " The end.

KevanG is offline   Reply With Quote