The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > TV Series > Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-29-2018, 09:08 PM   #26
Dark Raven
The Gal from Themyscira
 
Dark Raven's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Tall and tanned and young and lovely
Posts: 45,236
Default Re: Marvel's Agents of SHIELD 5x19 "Option Two" Discussion Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Murdock View Post


If he had longer hair, he'd look much more like the comics Graviton as well.

.
No he wouldn't. Classic Graviton from his original appearance in Avengers, his appearance in the West Coast Avengers Mini Series and then again in the WCA had shorter hair and of a more similar length to what Talbot has.

Maybe in a later comic and in the Avengers Earth's Mightiest Heroes cartoon he had longer hair, but that's hardly his classic look.


__________________
Quote:
Anne Hathaway: "You did not just ask me that!! What a forward young man you are!!! My goodness!!"
Dark Raven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2018, 09:11 PM   #27
nypinta
Certified Delightfut
 
Join Date: Aug 2017
Posts: 122
Default Re: Marvel's Agents of SHIELD 5x19 "Option Two" Discussion Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Random490 View Post
I am annoyed with how useless Deke is since they've come to the present. He has potential but they keep just making him the butt of every joke.
Yes. Me too. And even when he does or says something useful it's immediately followed by someone putting him down, or him saying something stupid.

nypinta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2018, 07:35 AM   #28
Spider-Fan
SHHFFL 2014 Champion
SHH! Global Moderator
 
Spider-Fan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: In the neighborhood!
Posts: 47,608
Default Re: Marvel's Agents of SHIELD 5x19 "Option Two" Discussion Thread

Minor complaint about this show, but also TV in general. I always hate when a character is teased, and then it just turns out to be a known character on the show being possessed. Hey guys Hive is coming! Oh wait, it's Ward. Hey guys, Madame Hydra is coming! Oh wait, it's Aida. Hey guys, Graviton is coming! Oh wait, it's Talbot

Good episode, but this is a nitpick of mine.

Spider-Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2018, 09:37 AM   #29
ludovica
Daddy Feige notice me!
 
ludovica's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2017
Location: Seoul
Posts: 1,264
Default Re: Marvel's Agents of SHIELD 5x19 "Option Two" Discussion Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spider-Fan View Post
Minor complaint about this show, but also TV in general. I always hate when a character is teased, and then it just turns out to be a known character on the show being possessed. Hey guys Hive is coming! Oh wait, it's Ward. Hey guys, Madame Hydra is coming! Oh wait, it's Aida. Hey guys, Graviton is coming! Oh wait, it's Talbot

Good episode, but this is a nitpick of mine.
I hear you.
But this show's "reboot" in season 2 was built on the Skye/Daisy/Quake misdirection, it comes with the package at this point.
Not to speak of not-yet-Deathlok-but-with-Slapstick's-sidekick's-identity in the very first episode...

__________________
Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:
"I'll hit'im where it hurts: in the civilians!" - Ramses IV

Black Widow, Wasp, Wanda, Valkyrie, Captain Marvel, Monica Rambeau & Black Panther for Avengers 5!

DCEU is dead, long live DCFU
DCFU optimist: Shazam!


WAKANDA FOREVAAA!!!
ludovica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2018, 09:45 AM   #30
Spider-Fan
SHHFFL 2014 Champion
SHH! Global Moderator
 
Spider-Fan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: In the neighborhood!
Posts: 47,608
Default Re: Marvel's Agents of SHIELD 5x19 "Option Two" Discussion Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by ludovica View Post
I hear you.
But this show's "reboot" in season 2 was built on the Skye/Daisy/Quake misdirection, it comes with the package at this point.
Not to speak of not-yet-Deathlok-but-with-Slapstick's-sidekick's-identity in the very first episode...
I think it bothers me more because tons of shows do it, like Smallville, and given it is the 3rd time in straight 3 seasons the major Marvel villain was introduced into the show it has been an established character. All that said, next episode looks like it will be amazing.

Spider-Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2018, 09:49 AM   #31
Dark Raven
The Gal from Themyscira
 
Dark Raven's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Tall and tanned and young and lovely
Posts: 45,236
Default Re: Marvel's Agents of SHIELD 5x19 "Option Two" Discussion Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spider-Fan View Post
Minor complaint about this show, but also TV in general. I always hate when a character is teased, and then it just turns out to be a known character on the show being possessed. Hey guys Hive is coming! Oh wait, it's Ward. Hey guys, Madame Hydra is coming! Oh wait, it's Aida. Hey guys, Graviton is coming! Oh wait, it's Talbot

Good episode, but this is a nitpick of mine.
Yes that is annoying. It's as if we've had Graviton all along.

At least here let Talbot's personality actually be taken over by Franklin Hall.

I did wonder, since I knew Graviton was coming, whether Deke might turn out to be him too, since he also has a beard. I was suspecting throughout the episode that Talbot might also become him.

I suppose Mac could've become black Graviton. He has a beard doesn't he? But no hair though.

I wish Marvel used Graviton in the movies instead of relegating him to TV status. He could easily take on all the Avengers. In fact, he seems more powerful here than in the comics if he can crush people like he did.

__________________
Quote:
Anne Hathaway: "You did not just ask me that!! What a forward young man you are!!! My goodness!!"
Dark Raven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2018, 10:39 AM   #32
Spider-Fan
SHHFFL 2014 Champion
SHH! Global Moderator
 
Spider-Fan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: In the neighborhood!
Posts: 47,608
Default Re: Marvel's Agents of SHIELD 5x19 "Option Two" Discussion Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Raven View Post
Yes that is annoying. It's as if we've had Graviton all along.

At least here let Talbot's personality actually be taken over by Franklin Hall.

I did wonder, since I knew Graviton was coming, whether Deke might turn out to be him too, since he also has a beard. I was suspecting throughout the episode that Talbot might also become him.

I suppose Mac could've become black Graviton. He has a beard doesn't he? But no hair though.

I wish Marvel used Graviton in the movies instead of relegating him to TV status. He could easily take on all the Avengers. In fact, he seems more powerful here than in the comics if he can crush people like he did.
The movie's would never get to him. Graviton is faily low as far as his status as an Avengers villain (not in power level, but just by the fact he doesn't get used a lot and is heavily overshadowed by much more popular villains). We wouldn't see him until like Avengers 8 or 9, so I am okay with using him here.

Spider-Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2018, 11:17 AM   #33
SPO2 Dalisay
Vigilante
 
SPO2 Dalisay's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2017
Location: Safe House
Posts: 801
Default Re: Marvel's Agents of SHIELD 5x19 "Option Two" Discussion Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spider-Fan View Post
The movie's would never get to him. Graviton is faily low as far as his status as an Avengers villain (not in power level, but just by the fact he doesn't get used a lot and is heavily overshadowed by much more popular villains). We wouldn't see him until like Avengers 8 or 9, so I am okay with using him here.
I agree and the complaint since season 1 was why not other named Marvel characters besides him, Deathlok and Ghost Rider. They went as far as having The Superior mouth MODOK lines without naming him MODOK

__________________
Part of a small, but active fan base.
SPO2 Dalisay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2018, 11:42 AM   #34
KingCheops
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Posts: 114
Default Re: Marvel's Agents of SHIELD 5x19 "Option Two" Discussion Thread

I actually prefer that teased heroes/villains end up being pre-existing characters. It adds a lot more emotional weight to the character because we already know and care about them (for the most part) and the other characters already have links to them.

KingCheops is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2018, 12:01 PM   #35
Spider-Fan
SHHFFL 2014 Champion
SHH! Global Moderator
 
Spider-Fan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: In the neighborhood!
Posts: 47,608
Default Re: Marvel's Agents of SHIELD 5x19 "Option Two" Discussion Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingCheops View Post
I actually prefer that teased heroes/villains end up being pre-existing characters. It adds a lot more emotional weight to the character because we already know and care about them (for the most part) and the other characters already have links to them.
I don't agree. It feels like they couldn't afford another actor or something. It's a cop out.

Spider-Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2018, 12:02 PM   #36
nypinta
Certified Delightfut
 
Join Date: Aug 2017
Posts: 122
Default Re: Marvel's Agents of SHIELD 5x19 "Option Two" Discussion Thread

I'm not sure Ward really counts, since Hive was always Hive, he just hitched a ride in Ward. And in Talbot's case... I kind of think his ego is going to be something that fuels this new version of him from powerful being to powerful being that falls on the side of "bad guy". Yeah, he's got two bickering evil guys in the gravitonium, but honestly, if normal everyday Talbot had plugged himself into that machine I think he'd go dark all on his own.

nypinta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2018, 12:41 PM   #37
Spider-Fan
SHHFFL 2014 Champion
SHH! Global Moderator
 
Spider-Fan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: In the neighborhood!
Posts: 47,608
Default Re: Marvel's Agents of SHIELD 5x19 "Option Two" Discussion Thread

Hive counts because I highly doubt in season 1 they knew he was going to be Hive. I think he was imagined to just be evil Hyrda agent. Therefore, they changed it after the fact. Therefore it counts!

Again, I like the show a lot. This is just a story point that grinds my gears, LOL

Spider-Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2018, 01:43 PM   #38
nypinta
Certified Delightfut
 
Join Date: Aug 2017
Posts: 122
Default Re: Marvel's Agents of SHIELD 5x19 "Option Two" Discussion Thread

Well, it also keeps the cost down because they don't have to hire another actor to come on as the bad guy if they've been there all along.

Does May's ex-husband also count? Since he turned into Lash?

nypinta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2018, 02:04 PM   #39
SPO2 Dalisay
Vigilante
 
SPO2 Dalisay's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2017
Location: Safe House
Posts: 801
Default Re: Marvel's Agents of SHIELD 5x19 "Option Two" Discussion Thread

I think that ABC TV got all things Inhuman in the divorce and the AoS staff were given free reign on any Inhuman not being saved for the royal family's story.

__________________
Part of a small, but active fan base.
SPO2 Dalisay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2018, 10:54 AM   #40
KingCheops
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Posts: 114
Default Re: Marvel's Agents of SHIELD 5x19 "Option Two" Discussion Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spider-Fan View Post
I don't agree. It feels like they couldn't afford another actor or something. It's a cop out.
Different strokes and all that. Ruby was terrible but Talbot is awesome. Going to be difficult watching him be the bad guy.

KingCheops is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2018, 08:08 PM   #41
just one thing
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Posts: 400
Default Re: Marvel's Agents of SHIELD 5x19 "Option Two" Discussion Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spider-Fan View Post
Hive counts because I highly doubt in season 1 they knew he was going to be Hive. I think he was imagined to just be evil Hyrda agent. Therefore, they changed it after the fact. Therefore it counts!

Again, I like the show a lot. This is just a story point that grinds my gears, LOL
i didn't like ward at first, he was to clean cut but that was the point. Personally think the different incarnations of ward and others is enjoyable and shows the quality of actors on this show.


if the acting was bad, say arrow bad, yeah i'd be with you but they pull it of here.

just one thing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2018, 03:11 AM   #42
eddy
Make Mine Marvel
 
eddy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Avengers Tower
Posts: 2,159
Default Re: Marvel's Agents of SHIELD 5x19 "Option Two" Discussion Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Raven View Post
No he wouldn't. Classic Graviton from his original appearance in Avengers, his appearance in the West Coast Avengers Mini Series and then again in the WCA had shorter hair and of a more similar length to what Talbot has.

Maybe in a later comic and in the Avengers Earth's Mightiest Heroes cartoon he had longer hair, but that's hardly his classic look.

Holy crap. That actually looks like what he's wearing in the episode I just watched today. I've never seen Graviton in this costume so I thought the show ruined his look

__________________
" I want to make the kind of movie that inspires people to say, ‘There should be more movies with Super Heroes in them.’”
-Joss Whedon


AVENGERS ASSEMBLE.
eddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2018, 03:18 AM   #43
eddy
Make Mine Marvel
 
eddy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Avengers Tower
Posts: 2,159
Default Re: Marvel's Agents of SHIELD 5x19 "Option Two" Discussion Thread

As far as making characters we already know the big bad, well, I think its a good creative decision as the characters have more of a connection to them than they would a stranger which makes the drama bigger.

__________________
" I want to make the kind of movie that inspires people to say, ‘There should be more movies with Super Heroes in them.’”
-Joss Whedon


AVENGERS ASSEMBLE.
eddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:10 PM.

monitoring_string = "dee460792f24517621e3ca080805de7e"



Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
SuperHeroHype.com is a property of Mandatory Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2018 All Rights Reserved.