The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > TV Series > Daredevil

Old 09-14-2017, 01:57 PM   #176
TheVileOne
Side-Kick

Default Re: Daredevil, Civil War, and the Sokovia Accords

Except the Avengers aren't paid by the city state or federal government either.

- CM Punk
TheVileOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2017, 09:37 AM   #177
metaphysician
Not a Side-Kick

They are, however, internationally active, which is the important thing.

metaphysician is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2017, 04:11 PM   #178
MbJ
Side-Kick

They're discussing Jessica Jones and Infinity War, but it applies to this topic as well.

Quote:
On Friday afternoon, Entertainment Weekly asked Rosenberg if Marvel’s Netflix shows — including Daredevil, Jessica Jones, Luke Cage, Iron Fist, The Defenders, and recently The Punisher — will be impacted at all by Avengers: Infinity War. Rosenberg says definitively, “None whatsoever.”

She adds: “Our partners are Marvel, and if we’re doing something that’s counter to [their continuity], they would pull us back or orient us on the right path, so clearly we’re [okay]. But we’re very much in our own world.”

MbJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2017, 06:20 PM   #179
Rorschach2012
I'll Cancel the Pizzas

What is the point then? If none of these characters are going to show up in the movies, then why can’t we get cinematic versions of the characters where they interact with the other heroes

Rorschach2012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2017, 06:31 PM   #180
TheVileOne
Side-Kick

I guess we now have to just resign ourselves to the idea that they are all separate and that's how it is at this point. "It's all connected" is pretty superficial at this point.

- CM Punk
Old 12-09-2017, 08:22 PM   #181
dmcreif
Side-Kick

The issue is with timing and schedule coordination. Movies take much longer to develop than TV show seasons, and you never know which shows are going to be renewed and when, especially when the Netflix shows aren't released on a regular schedule.

It may not be ideal for fans, but we have to remember these guys can only do so much with the mediums they're using. It's easy to cross-over characters in the comics because there aren't actor schedules, contracts, and budgets to deal with.

dmcreif is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2017, 07:09 AM   #182
Spider-Fan
SHHFFL 2014 Champion
SHH! Global Moderator

I get why people want crossovers, really I do. But, that being said, within the confines of the world of the MCU, Daredevil is small potatoes. As are the others. They don't have the power or influence that the MCU film characters have. Since they're small potatoes, Daredevil teaming with Captain America seems off cause Cap faces bigger threats, etc. I understand hearing things like that is disappointing given we all grew up in comics where things like Daredevil teaming with Spider-Man happened frequently, but at the same time, the TV characters and movie characters not meeting makes sense to me just based on scales and tiers. The only character I could see from TV making that jump at this point would be Ghost Rider, as he is very OP relative to TV characters, and could walk in the same circles as Dr. Strange realistically. But, even if that never happens, I am okay with it.

Last edited by Spider-Fan; 12-11-2017 at 07:14 AM.
Spider-Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2017, 10:31 AM   #183
Random490
Side-Kick

I feel like the MCU has done a really good job at creating plausible reasons for other characters to not be involved. Only a few times were there moments that I thought, "Okay the Avengers should definitely be here".

At the end of the day the agents of shield have to be the heroes of their own story, Daredevil has to be exclusive to Netflix since that's the back bone of their business plan, and the movies shouldn't expect an audience to be on board with required tv viewings in order to understand seemingly new characters in the story. And it's certainly better that Marvel Studios emphasize on story first rather just cram as many characters in as possible.

Random490 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2017, 08:26 PM   #184
TheVileOne
Side-Kick

To me there's very good reason for Agents of SHIELD to have shown up in some of these instances. Not necessarily the Avengers. I don't need to see Daredevil teaming up with Captain America and the Avengers. But the Sokovia Accords are legislation for regulating all enhanced individuals, and that was said on Agents of SHIELD.

- CM Punk
Old 12-15-2017, 07:41 AM   #185
Spider-Fan
SHHFFL 2014 Champion
SHH! Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheVileOne View Post
To me there's very good reason for Agents of SHIELD to have shown up in some of these instances. Not necessarily the Avengers. I don't need to see Daredevil teaming up with Captain America and the Avengers. But the Sokovia Accords are legislation for regulating all enhanced individuals, and that was said on Agents of SHIELD.
Meh. In Luke Cage, it basically boiled down to him fighting someone in a street fight. Hardly something so grand it needed Sokovia Cords attention. Iron Fist largely was out of the public eye. I can see why it never came into play.

Old 12-15-2017, 08:48 AM   #186
Random490
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spider-Fan View Post
Meh. In Luke Cage, it basically boiled down to him fighting someone in a street fight. Hardly something so grand it needed Sokovia Cords attention. Iron Fist largely was out of the public eye. I can see why it never came into play.
Same with Daredevil, mostly street criminals and things out of the public eye. Jessica Jones' entire premise is that no one believes them about the threat.

Old 12-15-2017, 08:49 AM   #187
Spider-Fan
SHHFFL 2014 Champion
SHH! Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Random490 View Post
Same with Daredevil, mostly street criminals and things out of the public eye. Jessica Jones' entire premise is that no one believes them about the threat.
Didn't JJ and DD1 predate Civil War anyway? I thought they were in 2015.

Old 12-15-2017, 02:52 PM   #188
dmcreif
Side-Kick

Quote:
The Accords don't apply to the Netflix heroes.

dmcreif is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2017, 09:02 PM   #189
Random490
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spider-Fan View Post
Didn't JJ and DD1 predate Civil War anyway? I thought they were in 2015.
I was speaking in a broader terms of Avengers/Shield not showing up and how that makes sense.

Old 12-15-2017, 11:20 PM   #190
metaphysician
Not a Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmcreif View Post
The Accords don't apply to the Netflix heroes.
They almost certainly don't apply to *anyone* whose not an internationally-active superhero.

Old 12-16-2017, 06:58 AM   #191
Mike Murdock
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by metaphysician View Post
They almost certainly don't apply to *anyone* whose not an internationally-active superhero.
Are you basing this solely on the movies or also on what's established in the TV show?

I'd give the Devil benefit of law, for my own safety's sake!
Thomas More - A Man for All Seasons
Mike Murdock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2017, 11:39 AM   #192
Random490
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Murdock View Post
Are you basing this solely on the movies or also on what's established in the TV show?
This has been brought up multiple times in the thread. Based on the evidence from both tv and films the Accords deal with international use of the enhanced. Rules on how governments and private organization can deploy enhanced agents overseas. It seems that domestic laws concerning the enhanced are not defined. And the netflix heroes already fall under existing laws about vigilantism under the NYPD jurisdiction.

Of course this is all based on current evidence, unless something new is introduced this is what it is.

Old 12-16-2017, 05:13 PM   #193
righthooksrus86
Side-Kick

Quote:
I guess we now have to just resign ourselves to the idea that they are all separate and that's how it is at this point. "It's all connected" is pretty superficial at this point.
I agree it just doesn't make sense anymore...You got newspaper clippings about "The Incident" and the "Battle of NY" and even references to the Hulk's battle with the abomination but no signs of the Avengers towers or the characters themselves. I've personally accepted that they're just seperate but both owned by Marvel. Personally I prefer the shows anyway I.E. Daredevil, Jessica Jones, Punisher and Luke Cage, the movies are fun and a good time out with your family and friends but as an adult the shows are more my speed.

righthooksrus86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2017, 09:57 PM   #194
metaphysician
Not a Side-Kick

Or it could just be they don't feel like spending budget CGIing a tower into the cityscape shots?

Old 12-17-2017, 08:39 AM   #195
Mike Murdock
Side-Kick

I'm sure the show uses CGI, particularly as airbrushing, but have they used any CGI to create images (except maybe dragon eyes) in any of the shows? A physical building would be a significant departure from what they've done so far.

I'd give the Devil benefit of law, for my own safety's sake!
Thomas More - A Man for All Seasons
Mike Murdock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2017, 12:06 PM   #196
Random490
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by metaphysician View Post
Or it could just be they don't feel like spending budget CGIing a tower into the cityscape shots?
That's definitely it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Murdock View Post
I'm sure the show uses CGI, particularly as airbrushing, but have they used any CGI to create images (except maybe dragon eyes) in any of the shows? A physical building would be a significant departure from what they've done so far.
Well aside from things like the Iron fists and there's plenty of green screen scene shots. As for full cgi 3d modeling not much. Whenever they do a fictional large building like Midland circle (I think that's a fake building) or Kun Lun it's always a still shot. Never something like a helicopter shot. Thing you have to remember is that effects cost money and shows getting renewed depends on coming under budget and getting large viewership. While Avengers Tower is a nice bit of world building it doesn't effect the plot or characters in any significant way, you want the budget to be laser focus of the contents of the show. It's a balancing of substance, think of it like "Okay we can add the Tower in all these shots, but then you can't afford this set to be finished, or this actor to be hired, or enough filming days at this location."

As much as I want to see it, I'd rather have a good show than a where's waldo with a building.