The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > The Avengers > Avengers: Infinity War

Old 02-16-2018, 09:58 PM   #876
KaijuDude1992
Side-Kick

Default Re: The Avengers: Infinity War The Official News and Speculation - Part 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by liveman789 View Post
So that behind the scene thing on Disney was literally nothing new.
Yep pure trash. All they did was mix in the footage from the first trailer and the Superbowl spot. All that just to watch that crappy Disney movie definitely wasn't worth it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by terry78 View Post
Hey, they need some more muscle. Those things get the job done.
I know your being sarcastic man, but I can already imagine how much of a mess it will look with those things involved during that big battle.

KaijuDude1992 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2018, 10:13 PM   #877
legendkillin
Side-Kick

Default Re: The Avengers: Infinity War The Official News and Speculation - Part 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by liveman789 View Post
So that behind the scene thing on Disney was literally nothing new.
They didn't attach it to anything worth a damn so it was to be expected, footage stuff only matters if they put a special on ABC or attach to a sporting event imo. Disney channel likely means nothing but something kids haven't seen since they are likely not on forums or really looking up trailers.

legendkillin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2018, 10:28 PM   #878
liveman789
Side-Punch

Quote:
Originally Posted by legendkillin View Post
They didn't attach it to anything worth a damn so it was to be expected, footage stuff only matters if they put a special on ABC or attach to a sporting event imo. Disney channel likely means nothing but something kids haven't seen since they are likely not on forums or really looking up trailers.
The Disney channel often does those cheesy behind the scenes looks at their movies, and that's all I was really expecting (at most). But I'm not surprised by what we got at all.

liveman789 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 03:08 AM   #879
MbJ
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by legendkillin View Post
So this just came to mind when I am thinking about Black Panther(spoilers)T'Challa basically has a headquarters in Oakland could this be setting up a West Coast Avengers in the future? Ant-Man is on the West Coast as well. Hawkeye seems to wonder but he seemed cool with Ant-Man. They can recruit some more people Wasp obviously would be in it.
Good call. Hadn't thought of that.

MbJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 03:12 AM   #880
MbJ
Side-Kick

So Black Panther spoilers but Ryan Coogler confirms something relevant to Infinity War.

Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:
He basically confirms the Soul Stone isn't in Wakanda and not connected to Vibranium. He says it would've been redundant to introduce two completely different MacGuffins in Wakanda like that.

MbJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 04:33 AM   #881
Albright
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaqua99 View Post
So I was at the BP premiere last night, and they didn't even SHOW the IW trailer. Given how half the crowd there was not even Marvel fans inherently (was more a cultural movie), MCU dropped the ball here by not adding an IW trailer or even SHOWING the old one.

I mean, 3 months till IW, and you dont even attach a trailer to the last MCU movie before it comes out? Wtf?
Welcome to my world. I'm from Stuttgart (the city were the Avengers fight against Loki in the first movie) and see movies usually in the biggest theatre of the city - they almost never have the trailers of big movies ahead screenings of big movies (never saw the trailers of TLJ, TFA, Ragnarok, IW in the cinema)

Albright is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 06:46 AM   #882
HammerDown
High Tide Or Low Tide

The only thing new on that Disney Channel look was Thor screaming.

HammerDown is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 07:15 AM   #883
markjoedelonge
Cap of Gotham

Quote:
Originally Posted by HammerDown View Post
The only thing new on that Disney Channel look was Thor screaming.
Anyone got a clip?

DCEU ratings: MOS (8/10) | BvS (9/10) | SS (5/10) | WW (9.5/10) | JL (7/10)
markjoedelonge is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 07:15 AM   #884
Iceman
Infinity War!

Thumbs down Re: The Avengers: Infinity War The Official News and Speculation - Part 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by MbJ View Post
So Black Panther spoilers but Ryan Coogler confirms something relevant to Infinity War.

He basically confirms the Soul Stone isn't in Wakanda and not connected to Vibranium. He says it would've been redundant to introduce two completely different MacGuffins in Wakanda like that.
Makes sense to me. I always thought it was just
Vision’s Stone they were going for

Old Yesterday, 07:33 AM   #885
Iceman
Infinity War!

Quote:
Originally Posted by KRYPTON INC. View Post
This. It's going to be nice to see an actual team go up against the Avengers and not just faceless cannon fodder.
I’ve been wanting generals that were a serious threat since the first film. Plus they allow more opportunity for the main baddie to develop as they aren’t always talking to themselves or at the heroes. I hope it’s clear that the Black Order members are indifually too much for all but the strongest Avengers to take on alone.

Old Yesterday, 07:43 AM   #886
markjoedelonge
Cap of Gotham

Quote:
Originally Posted by KRYPTON INC. View Post
This. It's going to be nice to see an actual team go up against the Avengers and not just faceless cannon fodder.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iceman View Post
I’ve been wanting generals that were a serious threat since the first film. Plus they allow more opportunity for the main baddie to develop as they aren’t always talking to themselves or at the heroes. I hope it’s clear that the Black Order members are indifually too much for all but the strongest Avengers to take on alone.
Hell yeah. Can't wait to see the Black Order take down the Avengers.

Old Yesterday, 08:16 AM   #887
Mike Murdock
Side-Kick

Quote:

I felt they could have shown that it was there without making it a part of the movie, but I'm fine either way.

I'd give the Devil benefit of law, for my own safety's sake!
Thomas More - A Man for All Seasons
Mike Murdock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 08:48 AM   #888
AvengerPA
Side-Kick

I believe that the Soul Gem is on the Kree Empire's throneworld and is connected to their leader The Supreme Intelligence in some way. The Soul Gem will be introduced in Captain Marvel.

AvengerPA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 09:09 AM   #889
Iceman
Infinity War!

Quote:
Originally Posted by AvengerPA View Post
I believe that the Soul Gem is on the Kree Empire's throneworld and is connected to their leader The Supreme Intelligence in some way. The Soul Gem will be introduced in Captain Marvel.
I think there is a fair chance it's connected to CM's story.

Old Yesterday, 09:12 AM   #890
HammerDown
High Tide Or Low Tide

Quote:
Originally Posted by markjoedelonge View Post
Anyone got a clip?

HammerDown is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 09:57 AM   #891
markjoedelonge
Cap of Gotham

Quote:
Originally Posted by HammerDown View Post
Thanks!

Old Yesterday, 02:30 PM   #892
Webfoot Hero
West Coaster

Quote:

I'm fine with them not having another Infinity Stone on Earth. So far, we've had the Tessaract, the Mind Stone, the Aether, and the Eye of Agamotto located here.

If you get hurt, hurt them back. If you die, walk it off."--Captain America
Webfoot Hero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 02:15 AM   #893
MahvelBaby!
Side-Kick

The aether was not on earth and neither was the mind stone

MahvelBaby! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 05:05 AM   #894
KRYPTON INC.
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by MahvelBaby! View Post
The aether was not on earth and neither was the mind stone
Yeah, I was about to say. Loki brought one, and Jane brought the other both from outside the planet.

He truly proved that every person has the potential to be a force for good in this life. So anyone that reads this, do me a favor... Call your parents.

http://www.tobecontinuedafanboypodcast.com/The Road To Justice Part 4: History Of Batman Round Table Discussion.
KRYPTON INC. is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 05:23 AM   #895
markjoedelonge
Cap of Gotham

I still don't get why Thanos would trust Loki with the Mind Stone lol

Old Today, 05:33 AM   #896
KRYPTON INC.
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by markjoedelonge View Post
I still don't get why Thanos would trust Loki with the Mind Stone lol
Well... In the comics Thanos is not just a cosmic power house but a schemer and planner on the level of a Dr. Doom. There's a reason he had a universe collapsed on him to keep him from achieving his goals. So I could buy it if they rationalized it that giving Loki a stone was "all part of the plan".

He truly proved that every person has the potential to be a force for good in this life. So anyone that reads this, do me a favor... Call your parents.

http://www.tobecontinuedafanboypodcast.com/The Road To Justice Part 4: History Of Batman Round Table Discussion.
KRYPTON INC. is online now   Reply With Quote