The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > SHH Community > Sports

Closed Thread

Old 02-16-2018, 02:23 PM   #476
Mandon Knight
The Re-Generation Game

Default Re: The Ongoing Serie A, La Liga, All English Football, Champions League Thread - - -

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iceman View Post
How has VVD settled in?
Like he's been in the back four since birth. He has instilled some long required calm into the defence in my view, everyone seems more assured. From the interviews in Echo and in the monthly Reds mags, he is a very self confident chap it appears and believes in his own skin so that is a plus and I think he's an absolute essential for us. Now if we can just get someone to buy Moreno off us and find a bin to put Mignolet in, we'll be fine.

Old 02-16-2018, 02:49 PM   #477
Mandon Knight
The Re-Generation Game

Default Re: The Ongoing Serie A, La Liga, All English Football, Champions League Thread - - -

4-0 to Chelsea and only 1st half just played.

Old 02-16-2018, 02:59 PM   #478
Iceman
Infinity War!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mandon Knight View Post
Like he's been in the back four since birth. He has instilled some long required calm into the defence in my view, everyone seems more assured. From the interviews in Echo and in the monthly Reds mags, he is a very self confident chap it appears and believes in his own skin so that is a plus and I think he's an absolute essential for us. Now if we can just get someone to buy Moreno off us and find a bin to put Mignolet in, we'll be fine.
Ah nice. Yes at least with him in there you can start building your defence of the future to support this crazy attack.

Old 02-16-2018, 03:00 PM   #479
DarthSkywalker
May the Force Be With You

Quote:
So poorly?

- Baron Harkonnen (Star Wars Episode IV: The Fellowship of the Ring)
Old 02-16-2018, 04:12 PM   #480
Iceman
Infinity War!

Quote:
4-0 to Chelsea and only 1st half just played.
Maybe they'll get some confidence back from these last 2 matches.

Old 02-16-2018, 04:16 PM   #481
Mandon Knight
The Re-Generation Game

Quote:
Maybe they'll get some confidence back from these last 2 matches.
Lets hope not.

Old 02-17-2018, 12:19 PM   #482
DarthSkywalker

So Mata just got screwed out of a goal by a bad VAR call.

Old 02-17-2018, 12:20 PM   #483
the_ultimate_evil
CURSE YOU GIN MONKEY.

Post Re: The Ongoing Serie A, La Liga, All English Football, Champions League Thread - - -

so there we have the first of many I’m sure the var will screw united over

Seriously mata knee was offside . And they can’t claim teething problems rugby has had this tech for years so why is it taking so long in football

And so I walk, into the searing light which banishes all darkness, surrendering my face and form to atoms of dust, seeking the true darkness of peace,the cool shadows of eternity and the unknown fate of nothingness
To view my site tumblr dev art twitter
Old 02-17-2018, 12:32 PM   #484
-VisionsVision-
Fisherman King

What a joke! We should be 2-0 up....

DECEMBER 2018
Old 02-17-2018, 12:48 PM   #485
DeadPresident
Side-Kick

That’s the first decent United goal I’ve seen in a while, 2-0.

Old 02-17-2018, 03:11 PM   #486
Dr Lee
Feet first into hell

First they show off a horrificly set up VAR line system as proof Mata was offside.... then, after BT Sport showed with the correct line system that he was onside about 10-15 minutes later, the VAR shows off a new line call image that shows him barely an inch offside....

only to then announce that maybe they weren't using the second image to make the decision after all.

absolute ****ing **** up by the VAR and it stinks of the FA trying to cover their butts after the fact.

Old 02-17-2018, 03:56 PM   #487
Lilbaz
Side-Kick

Draw for the quaters somehow the big teams avoided each other.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/43097871

Old 02-17-2018, 04:09 PM   #488
DeadPresident
Side-Kick

That does set up a pretty interesting possibility to have Spurs/City/United/Chelsea all involved in the semis, could be interesting. I think I'd put Spurs and City as favorites to win it based on form in all competitions.

Old 02-17-2018, 04:10 PM   #489
DarthSkywalker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Lee View Post
First they show off a horrificly set up VAR line system as proof Mata was offside.... then, after BT Sport showed with the correct line system that he was onside about 10-15 minutes later, the VAR shows off a new line call image that shows him barely an inch offside....

only to then announce that maybe they weren't using the second image to make the decision after all.

absolute ****ing **** up by the VAR and it stinks of the FA trying to cover their butts after the fact.

Old 02-17-2018, 05:53 PM   #490
Iceman
Infinity War!

Clubs in the relegation zone shouldn't be too demanding of their players as they have other real life responsibilities outside of the game to attend to too (like stealing taxis).

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/sport/amer...cid=spartandhp

Last edited by Iceman; 02-17-2018 at 05:57 PM.
Old 02-17-2018, 06:10 PM   #491
B
[insert witty comment]

Solid if unimpressive win today, which is fine considering we rested/rotated several players in preparation for our tough run of fixtures coming up which into mid-March.

VAR decision was an absolute shambles & Huddersfield played well today, that decision could easily have put us out on another day. It was a complete mess during the Liverpool/West Brom(?) game I believe it was & it was a mess again today, takes too long to get a decision & that's not even taking into account the state of the lines used in the replay.

Lukaku did very well for both goals, particularly that 2nd goal, Sanchez IMO is the only player we have that would have played that back to him 1st time when he wanted it, everyone else we have at the club would have taken a safer option to try & keep the ball.

Old 02-17-2018, 07:38 PM   #492
Lilbaz
Side-Kick

Quote:
Clubs in the relegation zone shouldn't be too demanding of their players as they have other real life responsibilities outside of the game to attend to too (like stealing taxis).

Idiots.

Old 02-18-2018, 01:46 AM   #493
Iceman
Infinity War!

F.A. Cup Draw

Leicester v Chelsea

Manchester United v Brighton

Sheffield Wednesday or Swansea v Rochdale or Tottenham

Wigan or Manchester City v Southampton

Old 02-18-2018, 03:02 AM   #494
BlackFox
Deadpool forever!?!

Decent draw for the potential of great semi finals, although the way we are playing at the moment we could easily go out to Brighton. At least in the cup performances dont matter and its just about the result which we got yesterday, Lukaku looked more like I expected when we signed him, bullying defenders and taking them on more, just a shame he still cant hold up the ball better but thats nothing new. Sanchez is beginning to link up with him well and the second goal gives a little hope things might progress going forward but the midfield was a shambles, dominated in the first half with little pace or creativity between Matic, Carrick and McTominay, we have to have to the weakest midfield out of the top 5 teams in terms of depth, we need at least one in the summer.

As for VAR, yeah, get in the bin, you're done.

Old 02-18-2018, 04:05 AM   #495
Mandon Knight
The Re-Generation Game

Quote:

You would/could expect this from youth team players to a degree (say 16/17 year old's) but grown men with 'mature' thinking.... geez.....

Old 02-18-2018, 04:58 AM   #496
Iceman
Infinity War!

Quote:
You would/could expect this from youth team players to a degree (say 16/17 year old's) but grown men with 'mature' thinking.... geez.....
Especially given the situation they’re in. The fans must be very happy with them.

Old 02-18-2018, 07:57 AM   #497
Hunter Rider
Ronin
SHH! Administrator

Good week for the PL teams in Europe, I only saw Spurs vs Juve but the other 3 all won comfortably.

I thought Juve made the classic Italian mistake of dropping off when they went 2-0 down and that let Spurs to get too much of the ball and settle into the game, but credit to Spurs, Eriksen seized the opportunity and startred to dictate the game and open Juve up, while I thought Dembele and Kane were also very good.

The glamour tie between Real and PSG went as expected, Real are having a poor season in La Liga but they are so experienced in big CL games, where as PSG have folded in them every time. I liked how bold Zidane was in going for the game and the Asensio substitution tipped it from a draw into a win.

United were poor again yesterday, flat midfield, no attacking support from the fullbacks and outplayed by Huddersfield for a large portion of the game, they just ran out of steam and lack the goal threat to hurt us. Credit to Lukaku, both his goals were excellent, he pretty much won us that game single handedly.

Old 02-18-2018, 09:52 AM   #498
Iceman
Infinity War!

I'm very happy for Zidane. Hope he does enough in what's left of the season to keep hold of the job.

Old 02-18-2018, 10:05 AM   #499
B
[insert witty comment]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hunter Rider View Post
United were poor again yesterday, flat midfield, no attacking support from the fullbacks and outplayed by Huddersfield for a large portion of the game, they just ran out of steam and lack the goal threat to hurt us. Credit to Lukaku, both his goals were excellent, he pretty much won us that game single handedly.
This is something that we need to look at in the summer, we have no fullback game at the minute when you think about it. Valencia & Young are both retrained wingers, to be fair both are competent, but neither have the legs to be up & down the pitch as much as we need a RB/LB to be IMO. Darmian offers no support going forward & the last few times he's played he's even looked suspect defensively.. which is all he offered before. Luke Shaw is our only viable fullback & the jury is still out on him if he can fulfill the potential he has shown.

It's sad that it's become such a weak area for us as we've always had good fullbacks throughout SAF reign, Moyes/LvG failed to address the issue & Mourinho has plugged the more alarming areas off our squad first, but next summer it needs looked at.

Old 02-18-2018, 10:09 AM   #500
B
[insert witty comment]

Quote:
I'm very happy for Zidane. Hope he does enough in what's left of the season to keep hold of the job.
Real Madrid have never really operated in a sane manner, even if he wins another CL he could still end up getting the chop.

Closed Thread