The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Batman > Batman World

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-18-2016, 05:15 PM   #1
Goshdarn Batman
Hm...?

Default Legends of Batman toy line (90s)

Out of all the Batman toys that came out when I was a kid, my personal favorite is still "Legends of Batman". I still remember the day when I visited the toy store with my mother and saw some of the action figures on the shelf. They all looked so goshdarn badbutt, ya know? Just look at one of the commercials:

If that doesn't make your chest hair grow, I don't know what will. I saw those commercials on Cartoon Network...my mother had to shave off my beard before I went to bed.

The toy line had a "Zorro" version of Batman, Batman as a real knight in shining armor, Batman Beyond before Batman Beyond, a Cyborg Batman (that freaked me out as a kid. Batman as part machine? That's wrong man, wrong...man!). Included with all the figures were cards with a (painted) picture of the figure and the character's back story.

One of my favorite Batman figures was "Crusader Batman". The regular gray and...purple suit from the comic. Batman looked like he did steroids, with giant pecs and arms. The only thing I didn't like was the stupid plastic cape (I used a cloth cape from the TAS line when I played with it) and his tight butt. It really bothered me as a kid..."Batman doesn't have a butt!" I had the same problem with Schumacher's movies..."end this madness now!"

I remember that my best friend also had the figure. We used to play with it in the schoolyard. Suddenly my friend said with a kind of pervy voice:

"He's badass, isn't he?"

"Yeah" I answered.

"...he's naked..."

"..."

I still wonder what that was about! Anyway, here's a list of the figures I had:

- Crusader Batman
- Power Guardian Batman
- Knightquest Batman
- The Riddler
- Skybat
- The Batmobile

Ah, I miss the 90s...

I didn't have a lot of those figures, I had more from the excellent BTAS line...but like I said, LOB will always be my favorite. Unfortunately, I'm unable to upload any pictures now, but if you have any, please share.

And pleasepleaseplease tell me which figures you had, fun memories etc.