Old 06-07-2011, 11:31 PM   #301
Byrd Man
El Hombre Pájaro

Default Re: The "World of Heroes" DC RPG Season IX

Quote:
Originally Posted by MST3K 4ever View Post
Marvel says, "The bad news this may hit a little too close to home, but..."

He shows Batman Harvey Bullock's Badge.

Marvel says, "We were dealing with the situation in the downtown area. Harvey was fighting them as hard as anyone, but I noticed his breathing was starting to become somewhat erratic. I got him to the E-R but within 5 minutes he was in full cardiac arrest. They did everything they could but in the end it was his time."

Marvel wipes a tear away and recomposes himself and says, "One of his last thoughts were of you. He said, 'Tell Bats it was never personal.' If there isn't anything you need I'm going to take this Gordon if you don't mind. He has the right to know before the media gets wind of it."
I look at the badge and nod.

"Bullock was a good man, rough around the edges but he was one of the few members of the GCPD I never had to worry about. He'll be missed. Thank you for the help with Cobblepot, Billy. If you need any assistance while you're here, get in touch with Oracle and me and my people will help any way we can."

"People never lie so much as after a hunt, during a war or before an election."
-- Otto von Bismarck

Below The Bible Belt
Southern Hospitality - Delivered Monthly
Old 06-08-2011, 12:40 PM   #302
MST3K 4ever
BRING IT BACK!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Byrd Man View Post
I look at the badge and nod.

"Bullock was a good man, rough around the edges but he was one of the few members of the GCPD I never had to worry about. He'll be missed. Thank you for the help with Cobblepot, Billy. If you need any assistance while you're here, get in touch with Oracle and me and my people will help any way we can."

Marvel bows slightly and says, "Likewise Batman. If you need my help I'll be around. Just so you know I'm not looking to take over this city has her protector. That's your side of the street as it were. I'm used to working where things are black & white but I'm learning that Gotham operates in many shades of gray, and you, Gordon, Nightwing and the others know how to work and survive within those areas. I don't, but I'm willing to help in the cause of justice and hope."

He looks at Bullock's badge and says, "I better get this Gordon. Thank you Batman for allowing me to work here and do what I can. I'll see you around."

Marvel turns to go but turns back and says, "You know Superman is right about you. You may have a lot of hard edges, but you really are the best example of what a hero is."

Marvel smiles and takes off for police headquarters.

John 3:16
Old 06-09-2011, 02:31 PM   #303
sumowrestler
Side-Kick

All You Need is Love-Chapter 5
Miri walks down a dimmly lit street in some of her Earth clothes instead of her Sapphire outfit. One thing that Sapphire Ferris tried to stress especially after the incident with the tv show is to dress as normal as possible unless she was doing some superhero or Lantern things. Miri did have her hair down and was slightly blowing with the wind. Unknown to her, one of the local gangs was keeping an eye on her. One of them jumps out from an alley way in front of her.

"Hey lady mind if I show you a good time?"

A second one comes in from behind her scaring Miri even more.

"Yeah, we haven't had a pretty lady like yourself come in our part of town for a long while. You have nice long pretty red hair."

Before Miri knew it, she was surrounded by three more guys stopping her in her tracks. They were all smiling evily and a couple had clubs in their hands. She was so spooked that she had trouble concentrating. Even if she could concentrate long enough, she would had to summon her battery out of subspace and have time to recharge. As she looked at the five guys, she saw an arrow fly right by her shoulder with what looked like a small solid object on the end. It hit the guy right behind her in the head knocking him out cold as he collapsed on the street. A couple more arrows of similar nature came from almost no where tagging a couple more guys in the heads with the same results. Then a green figure who she thought was a Green Lantern came out of the shadows with a green bow using it to knock the remaining two thugs out.

"Miss, this isn't the best part of town to be walking by yourself."

"Are you a Green Lantern? You don't have their symbol on you that I can see nor do you have the ring. One of those guys said he was going to show me a good time but I do wonder why he needed the other four guys as well."

"I'm no Green Lantern but one of my best buds is. As for these guys, the only good time they know how to show a lady isn't the most pleasant for you. They would have taken advantage of you in all ways possible. I've been tracking them for a while but haven't been able to spot them until now."

"If you aren't a Green Lantern, then who are you?"

"The name is Green Arrow. Are you from Coast City by chance? The Green Lantern I know is from that town but he's been MIA for such a long time that I'm clueless of where he is at."

"I came from Coast City but I am not of Coast City. I also know of Green Lantern Hal Jordan and his wife Sapphire Carol Ferris. I just got done spending some time with Sapphire Ferris."

"Ok, you are answering as if you are apart of one of these many Corps that seem to be running around out in the galaxy. You don't exactly strike me as a member of the Green Lanterns. The other GLs I know, one I wish I didn't know, didn't mention a blue skinned red hair beautiful member. You also have a too sweet and innocent mentality to be in the GLC. From what Jordan had said of the Corps little blue midget masters, your type of mentality wouldn't last long."

"I am of the Star Sapphire Corps. We spread and protect love wherever we are at. I wasn't in uniform because Sapphire Ferris mention that it would draw too much attention to me that I would not want."

"Being in the wrong part of town at night would also do that. Let me take you to a much safer place."

Green Arrow takes Miri to an apartment complext that is owned by Queen Industries.

Old 06-10-2011, 09:10 PM   #304
Carnage27
No one's puppet

Quote:
Originally Posted by wiegeabo View Post
"What are you doing, Sinestro?!" Atrocitus demands.

"Just being cautious," I state. And subtlety letting you know who is in charge.

I let the wall drop as Walker and I land.

"I hope we didn't keep you waiting long. There was an...unexpected delay."
I shoot Atrocitus a final look of annoyance before turning to Sinestro. I can already tell this isn't going to go smoothly at all. I already sense the air of superiority Sinestro is carrying about himself right now, and already I know I'm going to be constantly annoyed on this trip.

"Not at all," I respond. "I've been here for a little bit waiting, but nothing too bad. I could have asked for better company, but I guess I don't have a choice in that regard this time."

I can't lie to myself, I'd feel more comfortable with another Green Lantern on this trip. I'll have to constantly be on my guard, and that can get extremely tiring.

But if we're going to find this killer, I guess desperate times call for desperate measures.

Old 06-10-2011, 10:05 PM   #305
Batman
Dramatic Example
SHH! Global Moderator

What started out in a celebratory mood is soon depleted with the news of Bullock's passing. Even as Captain Marvel leaves us and Bruce watches the skies, stuck in thought, I can tell that he's really more affected than he lets on. But that's always been his way, really. To keep that pain tucked away deep down inside of him. He's so used to death and loss that it barely registers with him anymore, to the point that I've honestly began to worry that he's losing part of what drove him in the first place - that all-consuming intolerance for wanton murder and madness. Still, I guess I can't blame him. He lost his parents, he lost Jason, he's seen I-don't-even-know-how-many girlfriends die in his arms. Even Alfred died infront of him, once. With all of that in mind, I guess I'd be a little cold to the notion of losing others aswell.

Thankfully, I'm not. I don't ever have to want to be reduced to what Bruce became a long time ago. That's part of why I'm so thankful that I have Barbara. She's there to keep me in check, and I'll be damned if I don't enjoy every minute of it.

Feeling the sadness of Bullock's death wash over us, I rub the back of my head, trying to figure out what to say. What is there to say? A good man is gone, and it's unfair. But I'm sure that when Bruce wants to grieve, he'll be happy to do so. Right now just isn't the time.

"So... I guess that about wraps it up, then."

Damian simply wraps his arms across his chest and sighs. He doesn't really react to anything, not even to Marvel's arrival. Guess he really is more like his father than I realized. I turn back to Bruce.

"You need a minute? Because I can take the kid with me back to the Clocktower, if you want. Lighten your load for awhile while you deal with whatever you need to deal with."

I can practically hear Damian's face wrinkle and sneer at the word 'kid'.

Old 06-10-2011, 11:48 PM   #306
sumowrestler
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carnage27 View Post
I shoot Atrocitus a final look of annoyance before turning to Sinestro. I can already tell this isn't going to go smoothly at all. I already sense the air of superiority Sinestro is carrying about himself right now, and already I know I'm going to be constantly annoyed on this trip.

"Not at all," I respond. "I've been here for a little bit waiting, but nothing too bad. I could have asked for better company, but I guess I don't have a choice in that regard this time."

I can't lie to myself, I'd feel more comfortable with another Green Lantern on this trip. I'll have to constantly be on my guard, and that can get extremely tiring.

But if we're going to find this killer, I guess desperate times call for desperate measures.
"I wonder who else you have in mind for this gathering, Sinestro. There aren't too many Orange Lanterns out there. It will be interesting to see how the Zamarons will handle the idea. The hard part will be finding the Indigo Tribe. All will be well."

Old 06-11-2011, 10:05 AM   #307
MST3K 4ever
BRING IT BACK!

Marvel arrives at Police Headquarters and from the outside he sees the light on in Gordon's office.

He hovers outside the window and taps on it. Gordon opens the blinds and sees the World's Mightiest Mortal hovering there. Gordon is somewhat in awe of watching someone just hover there outside his window.

Finally Gordon shakes his head for a moment and says, "Sorry Marvel I'm not used to seeing someone fly in front of me like this. Please come in."

Marvel flies into the office and Gordon closes the window. He says, "Well things look like they're starting to settle down somewhat. Thanks to the work of everyone from the GCPD to Batman, Nightwing, you and so many others Gotham once again is back from the brink."

Marvel says, "I'm just trying to help where I can sir."

Gordon says, "I heard about you helping at the Hospital and the Triage Centers. Thank you very much for that. So many times we have these battles for Gotham that we forget about the innocents in the cross-fire until after it's over. It's nice for once to know that things are already underway. Thank you again Captain Marvel."

Marvel replies, "No thank you sir. Watching how the GCPD handled this evening was a sight to see. The way they worked as a unit and allowed Batman and the others to handle the more complex issues that they seem to be better equipped for was a wonder of efficiency and teamwork. The reputation of the GCPD is well-founded."

Gordon smiles for a moment and says, "What else happened this evening?"

Marvel tells him about the Narrows and The Penguin.

Gordon nods his head in approval and says, "Well at least we don't have to worry about trying to nail him anymore. Letting him go probably the best move. He was very well connected in the City Government getting a conviction would've been damn near impossible."

The two men stare at one another for a moment and Gordon asks, "There's something else isn't there?"

Marvel closes his eyes and nods slowly.

Gordon says, "There usually is. What is it this time?"

Marvel opens his eyes, cuffs Harvey's badge and places it on Gordon's desk. Marvel moves his hand away and Gordon immediately recognizes it.

Gordon's jaw slowly opens. He stares at the badge like a man who had just saw the end of the world and there was nothing he could do to stop it.

Gordon picks up the badge and looks at Marvel. In an almost whisper he asks, "How?""

Marvel replies, "Detective Bullock and I were taking care of the situation in the downtown area. I noticed his breathing was becoming erratic and he was turning pale. I flew him to the E-R within five minutes of our arrival he was in full cardiac arrest. The doctors and nurses worked on him for 20 minutes but..."

Gordon interrupts, "There was nothing they could do."

Marvel nods and Gordon bows his head. He closes his eyes and grips the badge so tightly his left hand begins to bleed. His shoulders begin to shake and he drops the badge on the desk.

He pulls out a cloth and wraps his hand up.

Gordon then looks up his eyes full of tears and one rolls down his cheek.

He says, "I should've pulled him aside and talked to him about his weight, his eating habits, exercise all of it. I could've helped him I know it. Why the hell didn't I? Why? I can't believe I was so stupid to just let it slide, and because I did not only did we lose one of the finest detectives I've ever known, but once again I'm burying someone I care for."

Marvel using his Solomon wisdom asks, "Commissioner, if you had done all that what do you think Harvey would've said?"

Gordon looks at Marvel and lets out a small chuckle. He says (sounding a lot like Bullock), "Stay the hell out of my business Commish! I know what I'm doing! Mind your own business!"

Gordon nods and says, "Thank you. You're right but that doesn't make it much easier. Harvey Bullock was not exactly warm and fuzzy. He could make Gandhi roll his eyes probably, but he was one helluva detective, and once you got to know him he was as loyal as they get when it came to friendship, but you had to earn that friendship."

Gordon smiles a bit and leans back in his chair as he says, "He also is one of the few people I've ever seen stand toe to toe with Batman. I'm well aware of where this city would be without Batman and the members of his family, but there are times he plays the holier-than-thou card a little too much for the rest of us. Bullock though he would let Batman know when that was getting out of hand. I also know Harvey, on certain levels, admired Batman and actually cared about him and his family especially Nightwing. He really liked him a lot, and believe it or not he once told me that though you got on his nerves with your Boy-Scout persona and 'golly gee whiz' outlook he liked you too. He was in awe of no matter how bad the world around you got you still held on without becoming a cynic."

Just then Gordon's phone rings and he answers it.

He says, "Hello Max...yes...yes I've been informed of Harvey Bullock's passing....he's standing right here. Thank you Max I'm sure that they did everything they could...I need two favors though. 1) Hold onto the body for the next 48 hours I'll send someone by to claim it and I'll handle the Funeral Arrangments Harvey didn't have any family just us here at the GCPD...2) Keep this quiet. I'll inform the department when we have our debriefing in the morning. I think they need to hear this from me no media right now please. ...Thanks Max I'll be in touch."

Gordon hangs up and says, "Max Collins, Hospital Administrator, a Fraternity Brother of mine, and a good friend. He'll keep it quiet, and I would ask the same of you. I'm sure you already told Batman and he'll keep it quiet. He'll mourn over this to be sure and though he'll never admit it he's gonna miss Harvey as much as any of us."

Marvel replies, "Understood sir. If you'll excuse me now I'm going to see if there's anything else I can help take care of."

Gordon opens the window and says, "Of course. Thank you again for everything Captain and thank you for telling me about Harvey you'll never know how much I appreciate not only hearing it from someone who was there, but that you made sure he didn't die alone that you were there unitl the end. Thank you."

Marvel nods and takes flight.

Old 06-13-2011, 12:53 AM   #308
trustyside-kick
The Marine Marvel

OOC: Previously...

The Curry Lighthouse
Maine

Garth emerges from the deep and walks onto the small beach of sand before the great lighthouse. Orin and Mera are no where in sight outside but as it is nighttime the young king of Atlantica looks up to see that the old lighthouse beacon is in fact on. Suggesting that Orin and his family are at the top of the lighthouse, the former side-kick to Aquaman enters the lighthouse door.

The Hidden Valley
Home of the Idyllists

Traveling to the Hidden Valley was not necessarily something that The Fisherman had planned on doing. He was not even aware of its existence as very few outside of the Atlantean culture are aware of the small colony of pacifists of which Garth and his family is from. But there was something most peculiar that the villain noticed as he swam by the mysterious area: the one Golden Eel in his possession started to illuminate and glow a golden hue.

One could easily guess that it was more than just a coincidence so The Fisherman ventured into the valley, seeing if another of the seven Golden Eels dwell in the watery depths of the Idyllists.

The Curry Lighthouse
Maine

As part of the light emitted from the lighthouse beacon shoots towards the window, Aquaman uses the lower part striking the bottom of that wall to create shadow puppets. And of course, little Kym is crawling on all fours, chasing after the shadows her father makes as she giggles. Mera by Orin's side, resting on his shoulder as she admires the view, cannot believe how amazing this small vacation has actually been.

No interruptions of any sort. Not one emergency transmission from the League. And not even a peep from--

The door opens, and the two parents turn their heads to find a familiar face as Garth stands in the doorway.

"Garth?"

"I'm sorry, Orin. But I need to speak with you."

And like that, for Mera the vacation is over. Good while it lasted is what crosses her mind but she tries to not be bitter about it: it is the life they lead. At least he had as much time as he did for his wife and daughter. And as her husband turns his head to her, giving her a position of power as he understands how she must feel, she simply gives him a supportive nod.

"Hopefully will be just a moment, my dear."

Orin kisses Mera softly on the forehead, and walks over to Garth who leads them out of the doorway and onto the small balcony of the lighthouse.

"What is it, Garth?"

"There was an attack on Hy-Brasil. The scale of it...would make you think it was a siege with all of the damage that was done. But word was that it was a single foe. The...description given brings only one person to mind. But...it's impossible. The Fisherman's never been that powerful before. Sure, he'd muster up an elaborate and nasty trap for us in the past...but the kind of physical raw power required to do that? It's surreal."

Images flash in the former Sea King's mind of various encounters with the old foe donning the peculiar mask and tech that The Fisherman had. But all of the death traps and explosive fishing reels aside...The Fisherman was moreso a thief. A thief specializing in stealing incredibly sophisticated and expensive high tech and selling it on the black market. The armory of Hy-Brasil is swarming with incredible and ingenious weaponry...but that doesn't explain how he was able to penetrate their defenses like so.

"Was anything stolen? The armory alone of Hy-Brasil could make a small surface world country the fire power to overthrow a rivaling neighbor. Perhaps he intends to sell them to start a--"

"A Golden Eel was stolen."

Aquaman goes to shock and his eyes go wide. One would think that he had been punched in the gut he looks so speechless.

"You know something...what is so damn special about it? Vulko was utterly clueless about it. And before I left Poseidonis I tried to look for some sort of record of it at least being mentioned but I found nothing."

"That's because of my actions. I had it removed from the Atlantis Chronicles and hid those that I was able to find myself across all over Atlantis. I only knew of its existence because of The Fisherman to be honest, Garth. In my first encounter with the villain, he was looking for those 7 Golden Eels. After he was defeated is when I looked into myself and attended to the matter swiftly and--"

The former Sea King goes silent, and his gaze widens even more as he is now struck with even greater concern as he is terrified with the current thoughts that cross through his head.

"What? What is it now?"

"When the Golden Eels are within each other's presence, they glow intensely. They do so because their creators want them to be found. For if you unite all Seven Golden Eels...it allows them to enter our dimension. But there must been an incentive for one to even bother, right? Well that is why each Golden Eel bestows upon the one who wields them a different mighty power and the one who unites all Seven and opens the Gateway is to be promised to be allowed to keep said power. But that is not what I am concerned with, Garth..."

Orin turns around, face towards Garth but he cannot look him in the eye directly. He knows that what he is to reveal next, is going to strive a nerve in his former side-kick.

"I know where he is likely headed to next. The closest Golden Eel to Hy-Brasil...one of the ones that I did find myself and hide away is within The Hidden Valley."

"WHAT?!?"

Old 06-19-2011, 07:01 PM   #309
wiegeabo
Omniposcient

I let Rayner, Atrocitus, and Walker get their questions out of their systems.

"Whoever is killing the Lanterns obviously has power and skill. And they are keeping the rings. If they can figure out how to use them, it means they are even more powerful then before. The threat only grows with each one of us that falls."

"I plan on gathering a member from each of the seven Corps. We each have strengths and weaknesses over other Corps. By having a representative of each, we can hopefully overcome whichever ring they may try and use against us."

Quote:
Originally Posted by Green Lantern View Post
90% of people are in love with wiegeabo. The other 10% are liars.
Old 06-20-2011, 12:45 PM   #310
MST3K 4ever
BRING IT BACK!

As Marvel soars through the Gotham skies he stops and takes a look around.

He sees people trying to rebuild from the damage that was caused, the triage centers working at max capacity, the police doing all that they can to limit the amount of crime, and the media trying to cover events as they unfold.

This is definitely not Fawcett City even if I worked with the speed of Mercury I couldn't stop it all at once. Guess the secret to being here is to do the best that we can to hold the line and hope that's enough.

Marvel then swoops into the downtown area again and stops looters from robbing the jewelry store.

Old 06-20-2011, 01:50 PM   #311
Byrd Man
El Hombre Pájaro

The events of the last few days are still running through my head. The battle with Ra's, Bullock's death, and Damian's decision. After the fight, Talia and I had a talk and finally decided to let Damian choose his place in life. Either with me or his mother. He chose me, but that's not to say Talia is out of the picture. As long as she makes sure the League behaves, I'll tolerate her presence.

That's all new business.

It's a bit of older business that has me here tonight.

I've been going two days straight, hitting the streets hard and squeezing my informants for any bit of information I can find.

That's what's led me here to Slaughter Swamp. I wade through the muck and mud, looking for any signs of movement. It's almost fitting that I'm here tonight. Slaughter Swamp, my own backyard, this is where they met. The group that attacked the world two years ago. This was the site where the second incarnation of the Dark Alliance was born.

They killed me and others, millions of people.

If I didn't know any better, I'd think he's taunting me from beyond the grave. This would be just his style.

Air bubbles up on my right. I leap back just in time to avoid having my leg snapped off.

I backflip away as powerful hands swipe at me from the swamp.

"Batman!"

"Croc."

He snaps at me again. I jump back and swing, striking Croc on the nose and knocking him into the mud.

"It's best you talk to me, Croc. The word on the street is that you know something about Joker's murder."

Croc's tail swings wildly up, cutting through the air towards me. I flick my wrist and electricity crackles up and down my arm. I drive my arm into the mud and stop Croc's attack. He convulses and shakes in the swamp, smoke rising off his body. I pull my arm out of the swamp water and motion towards my rubber boots.

"Insulation. Now. Talk."

"...The....the only thing I know is that some guy came to me a few months ago. Asked me to ice the clown."

"Who was it?"

"I don't know! We never met face to face! He just sent me a message. He called himself Eric Morecambe. Once he told me what he wanted me to do, I was out. I didn't want to get on his badside. Everyone knows the guy has nine lives."

"How did he get in touch with you?"

"The Penguin has a network has a of go betweens with the Iceberg Lounge. Somebody there has to know."

I scowl at Croc and turn to leave.

"The cops are on their way, Croc. It'd be in your best interest to stay put."

-- Otto von Bismarck

Below The Bible Belt
Old 06-22-2011, 01:30 AM   #312
Batman
Dramatic Example
SHH! Global Moderator

"...and so we commend the ashes of the fallen to the Earth, with the hope that the Lord shall bless the departed with his love and grace for the thousand-year ascension into Heaven. We shall remember Harvey Bullock for the rest of our lives, not only for his dedicated service to the people of Gotham, but to his many friends and family that have been dealt an extraordinary loss. If you would all join me in prayer, as we say goodbye to the departed..."

I don't know if I should really be here.

It's true that in the long run, I knew Bullock about as well as anyone here did. He didn't join the GCPD until about midway through my years as Robin, but he stuck around well after and made more than enough contributions to our cases to establish a real presence. Bruce was never really fond of him at first, but I think Bullock managed to quietly win him over in his last few years - not that'd he ever admit it, of course. But just seeing the crowd of police that line the grass infront of the rest of us, from Renee Montoya to Lieutenant Bock, even a few of my old Bludhaven associates from back in the day, it makes me realize just how out of place I am among the crowd of mourners. I'd actually be surprised to learn that I had a single encounter with Bullock where I wasn't wearing a mask over my face.

In truth, I'm doing this for Barbara. And she's doing it to show support for her father, who took the news of Harvey's death in stride, but probably the worst out of anyone. Yet I can't help but quietly thank every deity imaginable that we're separated by at least three rows back. While I was eager to bring Barb here to show that I was gonna be there for her beyond the occasional supervillain attack - and because, well, Bruce asked me to attend in his place while he was away on business - there's kind of an important aspect to being engaged that I managed to skip in true Grayson-like fashion. I never asked the Commissioner for his daughter's hand. Hell, I haven't even spoken with him once after proposing. So it's been nerve-wracking to know that the city's top cop, a man I've grown to immensely respect over the years, could potentially deck me one at first notice. And the truth is, I'd probably deserve it.

We all rise for the last rites, and I look away at the exact moment that I see the back of Gordon's head. I've actually been watching him the entire time, even noticed he's been silent for the entire ordeal, probably lost in thought over one of numerous memories he had with Bullock. Seeing him so close, now, sends my nerves into overdrive. My nerves, the nerves of a kid who mastered the tightrope and the death-defying somersault at age nine. The first kid to ever stand at Batman's side, and the last to walk away from his tutelage. I've fought The Joker face to face, been strung up over at least a couple of vats of acid - and as recently as a couple of days ago, held my own against the forces of The League of Assassins. So what the hell is wrong with me for getting spooked by facing my future father-in-law?

"Dick?"

I look down at Barbara, who notices as my grip tightens on her hand. I ease up, but it's too late.

"What's the matter? What's wrong?"

Unsure of what to say, I simply shrug and give her a reassuring smile. But she doesn't buy it. That's the thing about her, she's always been the hardest person for me to lie to - which isn't really surprising, considering she practically devotes all of her nights to reading people.

"Don't give me that look, I know when you're worried. It's about dad, isn't it?"

I feel awkward about having this conversation over a couple of private whispers in the midst of a funeral ceremony, but I know she's not gonna let me avoid the subject. She's always been that stubborn. Not that I'm complaining, it's practically half the reason I'm marrying her.

"Oh, not at all. It's not like he's standing right there, or anything."

"Dick, come on. Be reasonable, this is my father we're talking about. You don't have any reason to worry."

"Barbara, this is a man who broke Johnathan Crane's nose under the barrel of his gun last year. Until I can get that little episode out of my mind, I think I have plenty of right to be a chicken."

She shakes her head. "I swear, you can be such a baby."

A few moments later, and the funeral processions come to an end. Bullock's ashes are ready to be buried, and the crowd dissipates to talk amongst themselves. At Barbara's request and little else motivating me, I wheel her to the front of the line so that she can speak with her father. It's hard to get to him at first, because so many of Bullock's loved ones come up to thank him for giving Harvey the best years of his career, but we eventually make it. My heart drops into my stomach as he makes his way over to us and embraces Barbara in a warm hug.

"Dad, I'm so sorry. I can't imagine how you must be feeling right now."

Even though you can tell he's upset, he remains strong infront of his daughter. It's one of the many qualities I've always admired about him.

"I'll be fine, honey. I've buried alot of friends before Harvey, and I'm sure I'll bury many more after. I'm just glad that he's at rest, now. Of all the men I've known, he's probably the one that deserves it the most."

Barbara smiles. "I'm glad you're handling it well. I'm sorry that I haven't gotten the chance to call, but I've had alot to deal with, work wise."

He chuckles. "Babs, don't apologize for anything. I doubt you would have even been able to make it through the lines, with all the craziness we've been dealing with."

That's when his eyes cross over to me. I swear that if the heart-in-stomach thing were even a bit literal, it'd be down to my feet by now. Thankfully, he doesn't show any sign of ill-will as he offers me his hand.

"Mr. Grayson. It's been a long time."

I grasp it back and shake, giving as much of a polite nod as I can.

"Too, long Commissioner. I'm sorry for your loss."

He nods back. "I appreciate that. We're cops, so loss is something none of us are unfamiliar with."

Boy, ain't that the truth.

"Yeah, I can relate to that."

He thinks for a second, before remembering.

"Oh, yes. That's right, you were Bludhaven PD for a few years. How did that work for you?"

"It... had it's ups and downs. I guess I just wasn't really cut out for it."

It didn't work out, to be honest. But not for any reasons that had to do with the job or the squadron. Between The Joker destroying most of the city with a bomb that he was only testing for half of Metropolis, and the fact that Bruce's sudden death forced me to relocate to try and fill the void, I guess I just never went back to work the beat. I regret that, but it's not like many others returned either. We were all hit pretty hard by the loss of the city's inhabitants, and felt like I did what I could in my other line of work.

"Sorry to hear that. We have a few openings down at the precinct now, actually, but I understand if you're uninterested."

I perk up a bit, hearing that. This is going way better than I imagined.

"I wouldn't necessarily go that far. It'd be an honor to work under you, sir."

He gives me a kind pat on the shoulder. "We'll discuss that whenever we see eachother next week."

Man, this could solve everything. A job like that in Gotham is just what I need to divide my time a little more between my daylight hours and my nightly activities.

Wait. What did he just say?

"Next week?"

He looks over at Barbara, then back at me.

"She didn't tell you? The three of us are having dinner on Wednesday night. She invited me out so that we could all talk. I did want to get to know my future son-in-law, after all."

He already knows?!

I'm literally rendered speechless as the Commissioner's attention is switched to Montoya, who whispers something into his ear. He turns to Barbara with a look of urgency, one that almost makes me ready to leap behind one of the gravestones and change into my outfit. Before realizing that it's still daylight, and the sight of it would be really awkward anyway.

"Oh hell, we just got an APB on a serial killer in Robinson Square. Sorry to leave you so early, Barbara. I know we don't get to see eachother as often as you'd like."

She smiles back at him. "Don't be silly, dad. I'm used to being a cop's daughter. You go and do your job."

He gives her another hug and turns to me.

"Then I guess I'll see you both on Wednesday. I look forward to it."

Before leaving, he decides to give me a smile.

"Oh, and congratulations. You better hope you can make my daughter happy. I don't think I need to tell you what'll happen if you can't."

I awkwardly look back at her, before looking back at him and nodding.

"I-I don't think so either. Uh, sir."

So, he knew the entire time. And Barbara just wanted to see me squirm. Well, that's just great.

Now if you'll excuse me, I'm going to go pass out.

Old 06-22-2011, 01:12 PM   #313
MST3K 4ever
BRING IT BACK!

Billy Batson wonders the streets of the downtown areas of Gotham filing on the scene reports of the clean-up efforts. Just then he sees a familiar lightening bolt across the Gotham sky.

Holy Moley! Time for Billy Batson to punch out and for Captain Marvel to get to work.

He uploads his reports onto the WHIZ servers and tells the station he is done for the day.

Billy makes his way into an alley and says, "SHAZAM!"

The lightening bolt strikes and when the smoke clears Captain Marvel takes flight to Police Headquarters.

He lands on the roof top and says to Commissioner Gordon, "Good evening sir. What's the emergency?"

Gordon shuts off the light still wearing his clothes from Bullock's memorial service and says, "Thank you for getting here so quickly Captain I'm afraid that there's no rest for the weary."

Marvel replies, "I have the stamina of Atlas I can take anything I get thrown at me."

Gordon just looks at him for a moment and says, "Right. Anyway first thank you for not saying anything about Bullock's passing. I didn't get any phone calls from the media and I didn't hear any rumors circulating the squad room, and also not attending the memorial service. I am not sure how some of the officers would've felt with you being there."

Marvel replies, "I wanted to go but I felt like this was something more of a family matter as it were. I'm just a visitor here."

Marvel sees Gordon holding a file and says, "I'm guessing that's the reason you called me."

Gordon looks down at the file and hands it to Marvel. Gordon says, "Usually this is one right in Batman's wheelhouse. However we just picked up Killer Croc and he told us about his latest encounter with Batman, so I suspect he's gonna be busy and we need some help with this fast. This is a dangerous man you're dealing with."

Marvel opens the file and begins to study it.

He says, "Lyle Bolton aka Lock-Up. From what I've read so far Bolton seems a bit extreme in his forms of justice."

Gordon replies, "A bit? Lyle Bolton was the head of security at Arkham for a time and he kept the inmates in check even The Joker, but his methods were not only cruel they were borderline inhuman."

Gordon shakes his head and says, "Don't get me wrong I don't believe in coddling a criminal but they are still human beings. Bolton had no issues with forgetting their humanity and being a sadist. Some may say Batman is not much better, but I disagree. Batman has a moral code he won't cross. He may be violent and all the things that go in that arena but he won't cross the line and that's why I haven't had to put together a task force to bring him down. I've got calls in the past to do it, but as long as he doesn't cross that one line I can work with him."

Marvel hands the file back to Gordon and asks, "What else can you tell me about Bolton?"

Gordon replies, "He was in Stonegate for a while but managed to escape. He kept a low profile to the point we thought he left Gotham, but when this latest situation started we began to get reports that certain crime bosses, low-level thugs and enforcers were disappearing. Bolton saw his opportunity to make his return in the chaos we were dealing with. I had one of my detectives go over to Boss Grissom's estate and he sent a video to Detective Montoya and we haven't seen or heard from him since. We suspect he knew it was Bolton and that it was only a matter of time before he got caught so he shot what footage he could while he could."

Gordon pulls out his Smart-Phone and shows Marvel the video. The young officer's video shows a house with a few soldiers chained with cuffs to the floor.

Gordon says, "Those cuffs are like the ones he's used in the past, and coming up here is the smoking gun."

The video shows a brief glimpse of Lock-up right before the screen goes black.

Gordon cuts off the phone and says, "We suspect where he is and if we send in the SWAT Team it could get ugly, because Bolton will be ready for us and for Batman or someone from his family, but you he might not see you coming. I can't force you to do this Marvel, but we need..."

Marvel interrupts and says, "I'll take care of it Commissioner. Where do you suspect he is?"

Gordon replies, "Judging from where the abductions have occurred, our contacts within the Sheriff's office, and our history with him we suspect he is making his base of operations at the old Steel Mill about two miles North outside the city."

Marvel replies, "I'm on my way make sure you've got a cell ready for him."

Just before Marvel flies away Gordon says, "Captain be careful Lock-Up is one of the dangerous men I've ever known. Don't take him lightly."

Marvel nods and takes flight.

Last edited by MST3K 4ever; 06-22-2011 at 01:17 PM.
Old 06-22-2011, 09:42 PM   #314
trustyside-kick
The Marine Marvel

The Hidden Valley
Home of the Idyllists

The denizens of the Hidden Valley follow a strict doctrine and law of pacifism, and even with an underwater supervillain roaming through their waters they remained true to their beliefs. As The Fisherman passed through, there was no hostility or signs of great fear for the villains trespassing. It brought great confusion to the old time foe of Aquaman for even in the weak villages he had ravaged, they had at least tried to fight back.

There simply was no need for aggression and destruction as not one finger had tried to oppose him as he shouted and threatened the peaceful citizens of this tribe. And that only angered him more for he felt as though they had ignored his purposeful presence.

"I have come here to claim a mystical artifact shaped into the forming of an eel. A Golden Eel. Stop laying down your arms and ignoring me! TAKE ME TO YOUR SUPERIORS!!"

An ensemble of Atlanteans float down a pathway in the village making way towards The Fisherman. However in not one of their hands does the Golden Eel reside. Infuriated, The Fisherman shouts at the approaching group.

"The Golden Eel! There are seven of them in total and ONE of them is within these waters!"

"DO YOU HAVE IT?"

Entering the watery domain of the home of the Idyllist is none other than the Marine Marvel himself with his former side-kick. The same former side-kick who is now the King of Atlantica and bears strong ties to the Hidden Valley himself. For it was Garth's father and mother who used to be in charge of the village years ago before his father met his doom and his mother fled to Poseidonis where he was then born.

Hidden behind a patch of rocks, the former Sea King and Tempest plot their strategy. Orin spots the Golden Eel in The Fisherman's hand as the villain gestures at the calm Idyllist, showing them what he is looking for.

"It looks like The Fisherman has only found 1 of the Golden Eels so far, so should we fail--"

"Fail?! Failure isn't an option, Orin. The past aside this is my place of heritage and ancestry."

"I know, Garth. But The Fisherman seems to be much more powerful than the last time I faced him if he was able to raze the grounds of Hy-Brasil all on his own. And now he is in possession of one of the Golden Eels. So now he has an entirely new and unknown power on his arsenal. We have to keep a cool head and--"

Taking out his sword, The Fisherman having become tired of the Idyllists peaceful silence starts to swing his sword towards who appears to be the peaceful leader of the group.

"I DON'T THINK SO!!"

"GARTH!!"

By the King of Atlantica's sheer will, a shield of ice starts to form around the leader of the Idyllists and those around him. With the swing of The Fisherman's attack deflected, Garth's eyes start to ignite with such purple energy as he readies his second attack. Unleashing his powerful force beams from his eyes, Tempest means to end this fight quickly. However his attack is thwarted as the Golden Eel in the villains hand shines brilliantly as it forms a protective golden shield around the villain.

Swimming to the younger hero's side, Aquaman readies himself into a defensive stance.

"I told you Garth, we have to keep a cool head. We're facing an old adversary who has a new bag of tricks upon him."

"Aquaman. Oh how many years it has been. I rather cherish this fine moment. Although...ill timed I'm afraid. I have to find 6 more Golden Eels to unleash my masters upon this world, and the second is within my grasp."

The golden shield drops, and these black mysterious tentacle like things made of some sort of dark substance grows off of The Fisherman's back just before he uses them to strike at his foes.

"BEGONE!"

Old 06-23-2011, 05:21 PM   #315
sumowrestler
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by wiegeabo View Post
I let Rayner, Atrocitus, and Walker get their questions out of their systems.

"Whoever is killing the Lanterns obviously has power and skill. And they are keeping the rings. If they can figure out how to use them, it means they are even more powerful then before. The threat only grows with each one of us that falls."

"I plan on gathering a member from each of the seven Corps. We each have strengths and weaknesses over other Corps. By having a representative of each, we can hopefully overcome whichever ring they may try and use against us."
"It is totally possible that an individual has done all this damage to the Corps. All the Blue Lanterns know is that it was a yellow ring that attacked our member on Odym. It could also be a group of people killing the members. From what I understand of the different rings and Corps, it would be very difficult for someone to wield all seven at once let alone two or three. Do we know for certain who or what we are looking for?"

Old 06-25-2011, 11:26 PM   #316
MST3K 4ever
BRING IT BACK!

Marvel just on the outskirts of the steel mill begins to fly in closer.

Time to break on through and take down Lock-up!

Just then the Wisdom of Solomon echeos for him to evaluate the situation.

Your foe is dangerous and keenly aware of a possible attack.

Marvel begins to hover higher and look around.

Let's see security cameras on the corners, slightly displaced ground indicating motion sensitive pads, and the fence partially buried along the bottom meaning that is where the electricity to run the fence is located. Another way in has to be found if I want to contain the element of surprise.

Marvel flies away to a nearby sewer system and enters through a manhole cover. He then begins flying through the sewer system to the Steel Mill staying close to the roof.

I'll bet anything that Lock-up has some kind of motion sensors close to the ground but not up here.

As Marvel closes in he hears Bolton yelling, "You all are animals who prey upon the weak and our justice system tollerates you and let's you go based on technicalites and slick deal making lawyers that's not justice. Well in my arena there's no appeals or any of that crap only justice! Justice my way!"

Marvel crashes through the floor and says, "Due Process is a right promised to each of us by our legal system Bolton. Something you should be more aware of!"

Bolton is surprised to see Marvel standing before him.

He says, "How did you? You're not supposed to be here! Where's Batman or the others?"

Marvel steps closer and says, "Not here right now! Care to try dealing with me!"

The two men being szing each other up and pacing around in a circle.

Bolton replies, "I've heard you were in town. You have powers that most of us can dream of. If I had your powers this town would be a model of law and order but you waste them!"

Marvel says, "If you had my powers there would be no one in Gotham. They would leave from fear!"

Bolton says, "That's right fear of justice the way it should be!"

Marvel replies, "Wrong! Fear of you! The people would fear you not the law!"

Bolton asks, "Then tell me what is the difference between me and Batman?"

Marvel replies, "He works with the police. He sees them as allies he has earned their trust. You haven't done that but if you work with them you could be a tremendous ally as well."

Bolton replies, "Tried that once they got rid of me just as I'm gonna get rid of you!"

He throws a flashbang that Marvel catches and pitches out a window with the speed of Mercury.

The grenade blows up but Lock-up uses that as the chance to strike. He nails Marvel with a stun-gun.

The world's mightiest mortal is stunned but not badly.

Better play along with this one. See what I can do to lure him into a false sense of confidence and then make my move.

Marvel falls over

Bolton says, "Wow that was pathetic I was expecting more from you!"

He cuffs Marvel to the floor and says, "Now you are going to see some real justice Captain Marvel!"

Bolton brings out boss Carl Grissom and says, "Time for Carl Grissom to answer for what he has done, and for Lock-Up to do what the legal system has been unable to do."

Old 06-26-2011, 01:34 AM   #317
Batman
Dramatic Example
SHH! Global Moderator

Lex Luthor was dead.

To say it aloud was all a little too surreal for anyone living in Metropolis. True, he had garnered one of the most notorious reputations of any living historical figure of the modern age, but to actually wake up and greet The City of Tomorrow with the innate knowledge that Luthor was well and truly gone had somehow left a thorough impact through every corner of the city's creases. Of course there were the obvious ones, the ones whose only reaction to the news was "Good, it's about time that maniac got what he deserved", but few had actually known Lex so personally that they could truly call him a monster or a saint. To the public at large, he was the living symbol of triumph over tragedy. A man who clawed his way out from under a miserable existence in Suicide Slums to find his way to true wealth and power, establishing Luthorcorp and taking control of every business in sight.

To others, like The Daily Planet's editor-in-chief Perry White, he was known for his hand in hundreds of criminal activities, having funded thousands of known terrorists ranging from the miniscule to the superhuman, even having a personal hand in creating a few choice monstrosities. One of The Planet's most controversial-yet-record breaking headline sales actually came from an article that Lois Lane had written years ago, calling the shrewd businessman Luthor, plain the simply, "the greatest criminal mastermind of our time". And it wasn't entirely an unfounded claim. For all of his charitable work, Luthor was driven by a single goal in his twilight years, and no secret had been made about it's malicious intent to those who knew the truth. His dream was to humiliate, discredit, or perhaps even utterly destroy Superman.

So one had to wonder, in the midst of the media circus surrounding the mysterious nature of the life that Lex Luthor had lived, what impact that his passing had made on what became his greatest enemy. A man Luthor had despised for simply being the hero that he felt Metropolis overtly glorified him as. The answer was surprising.

Rainclouds formed above the hill in the Metropolis Memorial Cemetery, where Luthor's remains had just been buried days prior. He had received no visitors since his funeral, and hardly anyone was surprised. Some had even taken the liberty of desecrating the gravestone bronze bust of the man, painting "fraud" on the back of it's head. Yet today brought the most unlikely visitor of all. His bright red boots floating above the site, they finally touched down upon the grass and their occupant silently stood, contemplating what he was looking at. After a few moments, he noticed the graffiti applied to the bust. With little more than a light blast of heat vision, the paint hardened and cracked, turning to dust in the rain, renewing the grave.

Superman stared back at the visage of what many called his archenemy. Even Wonder Woman, one of his closest allies, had once equated his and Luthor's rivalry to that of Zues and Hades. Men so similar in their power that they were practically cut from the same cloth, sent onto two completely different paths. But even when The Man of Steel thought of Lex at his most diabolical, willing to turn over entire city blocks just to see him struggle to keep them from falling, he only had pity. There was no bitterness, no hard feelings or even a hostile glare in his eyes. All he saw was a man with unbridled potential, of which had been completely wasted on some meaningless vendetta. Even with every reason in the world to hate Luthor, he couldn't bring himself to do it.

"I was told that I shouldn't have come."

He wasn't exaggerating. Even his own wife, a woman that would never hesitate to support such a gesture, was unable to look directly into his eyes when he mentioned that he'd be visiting Luthor's grave. She didn't see the point in trying to patch up old wounds - the man was gone, and even if he weren't, the last thing Luthor deserved was the recognition. He literally used his last breath to spite Superman, and Luthor's final revenge was now slowly killing him.

"And perhaps there's some truth to that. Maybe I should be angry with you, after everything that you did to try and kill me and the people I care about. I've even been told that I should be celebrating the fact that you're not around to torture me anymore."

With a heavy sigh, Superman rested his left hand - a palm capable of carving diamonds - onto Luthor's engraved name. Ironically so, his only true subtitle in death was humanitarian. Superman nearly smiled, the joke far from lost on him. But the tone of his voice nearly sounded somber, as if he were in mourning.

"But the fact is, Lex, I've never allowed myself to really hate you. It's just not in me in to feel contempt for anyone. You knew that better than most, and I'm sure that's part of why you felt the need to despise me. I'm also sure that if our roles were reversed, and it were you standing above my grave, you'd have spat on it. You probably even took the chance once, but that doesn't mean that I---"

In the distance, a sudden cry for help caught the acute attention of The Man of Tomorrow as he was still in mid-sentence. Turning back to the grave, as if he were engaging with a living person, Superman politely gave it a nod.

"Excuse me, I have to take care of something."

With a gust of wind, he was off into the air, having disappeared into a cloud of red and blue that dissipated into Metropolis. But after a few moments of silence followed by a sonic boom, Superman descended from above the clouds and gently landed right where he had left, dusting a bit of soot off of his costume that was left over from an underground cave-in in Malaysia that had nearly killed over a dozen mine workers. Thankfully, he had arrived just in time to prevent any casualties from being taken, bursting through the foundations and pulling the workers to safety. It had all happened in a span of fifteen seconds.

"Anyway, as I was saying..."

With a careful pause, weighing out his next few words, he continued.

"That doesn't mean you were ever really my enemy. Nor should you have ever been treated like it. I've never rationalized any death, no matter what kind of a life that the person led. I don't see the point. Life as a whole is so incredibly fragile that, eventually, most of us are only given that one chance. So to rob that chance from anyone is a crime that goes against everything that I understand about the universe. And human life, in particular, remains absolutely sacred to me. Even if that life was dedicated towards my own personal destruction."

Clearing his throat, he looked back up at Luthor's frozen expression.

"It's funny. Even with all of our differences over the years, you never did tell me why I was your constant fixation. I've heard many speculate about it, but you never really gave me a definitive answer. I suppose that was the one secret you were always bound to take with you, that all important question that would make everything so clear. You always did like to see me struggle to comprehend that incredible mind of yours, even if it was misguided."

Evidently complacent, Superman crossed his arms against the large emblem that never failed to adorn his chest. Apart of him always felt a little bit strange, talking aloud to people that had long since passed. He had done it to friends, enemies, even versions of himself over the years. He once even swore he could have seen Batman doing it to the graves of his own parents, but felt too uneasy to speak up and ask why. Now, after losing his own father so recently, he finally understood. It was about gaining a sense of closure that you were never truly allowed in the moment.

Was it rational? Perhaps it was, or perhaps it wasn't. But that was one of the many qualities that The Man of Steel found so endearing about the people of Earth, compared to the endless cultures and races that spanned across the galaxy. What they did didn't have to make sense in order to seem natural. And the choices they made never had to make sense in order to seem right.

"Look, Luthor, I'll spare your legacy any further melodrama and cut to the chase. My time is short, but I felt that I couldn't free my conscience of all of the anger I had caused you until I came here. So this time, for the last time, I'm going to turn the other way and try to forget all of the pain you brought onto others. Not for the sake of anyone else's wishes, because I know you'd hate that, but for my own personal belief that inside that feeble shell of a man filled with vindictiveness..."

Superman's face stiffened with sincerity as he looked upon the Luthor bust's permanent scowl. "Lied a man who was inherently capable of good. My only regret is that you were so blinded by hatred that you were never able to show the world that side of you. So irregardless of your crimes, I forgive you. For everything."

Resting his hand upon the grave for the last time, he looked down upon his rival's final resting place and stood tall, basking in the sunlight that had just burst in from the rain. His cape flowing with the breeze, he floated into the air, turned around and gave Luthor a final glance from above.

"Goodbye, Lex. If things were different, if anything could have been different..."

"I would have been proud to call you my friend."

With that, Superman took off into the skies and flew his way into Metropolis, heading for The Daily Planet to begin his morning's shift as journalist Clark Kent. His current troubles still the focus of his mind, he nevertheless felt a surge of relief wash over him for having made his peace with what the world saw as his greatest foe. A large weight had been lifted off of his shoulders, and for the briefest of moments, his cares were evaporated with the passing rain.

Elsewhere, the sun shined down on a place that it had never before --- and likely never would again.

The grave of Lex Luthor, Humanitarian.

Old 06-26-2011, 04:18 PM   #318
sumowrestler
Side-Kick

All You Need is Love-Chapter 6

The next morning Miri woke up in her bed and stared around the room. It took her a few minutes to remember what had happen. Even if this Green Arrow didn't come to her rescue, she probably would been able to protect herself once her mind was cleared. She had forgotten how powerful the other aspects of the Emotional Spectrum could be. It would been very difficult if she was facing a Sinestro Corp member. As she dressed in her 'street clothes', she hears a knock. After the third knock, she walks over the door fully dressed. She opens it to see a handsome man with blonde hair and bright white smiling teeth.

"Good morning, miss. I heard that I had a new visitor of great beauty of the other worldly type. I see that report to be very understated. So how about I go show you out on the town?"

Miri steps back as the guy puts out his right elbow with his right hand on his hips.

"Oh come on now, I promise I don't bite. I'm not like the ones you ran into last night."

"How do you know about last night? Who are you? What do you want?"

Before Oliver Queen could answer, Miri's ring chimes in.

"Oliver Queen, owner and CEO of Queen Industries. Also known as Green Arrow."

Oliver looks around for a second and then looks down at the ring.

"I see the rings of the Sapphires are as mouthy as the ones that Green Lantern has. I never understood how any of the Earth Lanterns could handle such a mouth thing. Even Gardner had troubles getting his to shut up but I guess it is rare for that man to find something that talks more then he does or can be more annoying. As for my intentions, since you know who I am, is to do as I suggested and show you around town. I promise you that where I take you, there will be less likely of any hooligans coming up to you wanting to take advantage of such a lady like yourself. When the other Corps were here, I never had a chance to get to know any of the other colors since everyone was trying to stop Darkseid and survive his onslaught. You will have to explain to me how in the world that Gardner got a Sapphire ring. It must have been rather amusing to have that man in the group."

Miri walks slowly towards Oliver who very gently takes her left hand and loops her left arm around his right arm. They walk down the hallway with Oliver talking most of the time about the city and what they will see. He advised Miri to wait until they were in a more private location before she goes into details about the Star Sapphire Corps.

Old 06-27-2011, 04:42 AM   #319
Batman
Dramatic Example
SHH! Global Moderator

"Troupe, I better see that piece on the West Street murders on my desk in the next thirty seconds!"

The familiar scent of freshly brewed coffee combined with copier ink was the first to greet Clark Kent, as his elevator reached the top floor newsroom of The Daily Planet. Standing tall at the back of the crowd full of employees, Kent was the last to exit the elevator as they all vacated, assuming their places at each accompanied desk. As usual, given his luck, Clark was the unfortunate victim of poor timing and was nearly yanked off of his feet by his briefcase, which had become stuck in the closing elevator doors. Trying to pry it loose with his fingers, the mild-mannered journalist sighed to himself and looked around, making sure that no one was paying attention. A second later and the doors awkwardly shut, though the dent made in the frame of the doors was hardly visible. Making his way towards his desk at the other side of the room, Clark realized that he was about to be intercepted.

"Make way, Mr. Kent! Sorry about this!"

Seeing the imminent collision from where he was standing, Clark generously stepped aside as Jimmy Olsen stumbled out of the next room and hurried onto the main floor, looking worried as he nervously glanced back at the entrance of the room. Oblivious, Clark gave him a friendly wave.

"Morning, Jim. How was your weekend?"

Olsen turned around as he headed for the elevator, which was already lining up with another group.

"Oh, it was great! I got these new shots of an event at the Metropolis Gaming Expo, and I think I even got one of the booth girls to give me her phone numb---"

"Jimmy, don't you dare get in that elevator!"

Clark turned around, hearing the voice of his own wife booming from the lunchroom. Evidently taking that as cue, Olsen turned back around and made a run for it, nearly tripping into some of his passing colleagues.

"Sorry Mr. Kent, can't talk now! There's, uh, there's something I need to take care of! ...Hold that elevator!"

Smiling to himself, amused at what was occurring, Clark hung his coat onto his chair and turned towards the lunchroom's entrance to find Lois, staggering out and covered with bits of doughnuts, visibly enraged.

"Olsen! You get back here!"

Jimmy's panicked pleads of "hide me" could be heard from behind the elevator's doors. Just as Lois began to give chase, Clark held out a firm arm, stopping her from chasing any further. She glared up at him, but Clark only smiled back, adjusting his glasses.

"I think this is one battle you're going to have to let go, dear."

"Don't you 'dear' me! The next time I see that kid, he's toufu."

Clark shrugged. "You know that Jimmy didn't mean it. Here, let me clean you off..."

Guiding her to his desk chair, Clark produced some towelettes and helped his pregnant wife rid her blouse of the stains of jelly and powdered sugar. As he began to scrub her down, Lois began to munch on some leftover bits that she was pulling out of her hair.

"One of these days, I swear he's liable to trip out a window. He knew better than to come at me with that tray when Lombard was up to his usual pranks. The buffoon actually tied Jimmy's shoelaces together."

With a chuckle, Clark wiped a smudge off of her annoyed face.

"Sounds to me like Steve is the guilty party."

She crossed her arms, scowling at the elevator doors.

"I know, I know. Maybe I overreacted."

"Maybe?"

"Okay, so I completely overreacted. Are you happy?"

Giving her a light kiss on the forehead, Clark tossed the towelettes into a nearby recycling bin.

"Delighted. But I'm sure Jimmy's fine. You've been having plenty of mood swings lately, and I think we all know why."

Looking down at her growing stomach, Lois gently massaged over it with her hand.

"Point taken. I guess bringing another life into the world is doing a number on my sense of judgement. God knows what it's been like living with me since this started."

Taking her hand in his, Clark kissed it aswell.

"As long as you don't suddenly get the urge to leap tall buildings in a single bound, I think I can take whatever you can dish out."

Smiling to herself, Lois threw her arms around Clark and gave him a tight hug. Despite their marital differences ever since the pregnancy began to take it's toll, she still knew that Clark's current troubles outweighed any of her angry rants. In truth, she was worried about him. But he seemed to be handling it all with stride, despite the overwhelming odds that seemed to complicate everything further. She just assumed that in the end, there's a reason that his name was Superman.

"Hey, I never got to ask. How did the - y'know - go?"

Clark brushed his hand across her back, knowing she was referring to his parting words to Lex Luthor. "I said what needed to be said, and made my peace. It doesn't matter anymore. Thankfully, that chapter of my life is over."

Hanging her arms off of Clark's neck, she gave him a concerned look.

"Are you sure you don't want to talk about it? I'll be glad to listen."

Clark gave her a reassuring nod. "And I'll be glad to keep holding you morning. You look beautiful."

Giving him a tender kiss for the compliment, Lois peered back into the luminous eyes hidden by the thick, tinted glasses.

"Flatterer. What did I ever do to deserve you?"

Clark smiled.

"Funny enough, I was just thinking the same thing about you."

"Hey, you two! Knock it off with that stuff! This is a newsroom, not a social gathering!"

Breaking their embrace, Lois and Clark both turned, giving Perry an apologetic smile.

"Sorry about that, Chief."

"It won't happen again."

White shook his head, letting it slide. Motioning to them, he indicated his office door.

"Kent, a word, if you'd please."

Lois began to move.

"Not you, the other Kent. I'll have plenty to talk to you about later, whenever Olsen shows his sorry butt."

Giving her employer a proud smirk, Lois assumed her place at her own desk as Clark obeyed his orders and entered Perry's office, sharing a smile with White as he closed the door behind him. Just another day at the offices of The Daily Planet.

Old 06-27-2011, 11:34 AM   #320
Byrd Man
El Hombre Pájaro

Wayne Manor

The usual silence of the cave is broken up by the sound of my fingers clacking on the computer keyboard. The GCPD's file on Penguin's Iceberg Lounge is passable, but the information in the FBI and ATF's databases are much more effective.

"Who is this Vincent?"

I didn't hear Damian approaching until he was ten feet out. He's getting better.

"Vincent is running the Iceberg Lounge while Penguin serves time in Blackgate. Marvel put him behind bars just a week ago, he would have been out and active when Joker was killed, but if there's truth to Croc's information, I have no need for Cobblepot. I can apply pressure to Vincent and find out who put out the contract on Joker's life."

"Why do you care, father? Considering all that lunatic has done in the past, I figured you would be pleased with the fact that he died."

I let Damian's question pass and swivel around to face him.

"Grab your gear. We're going to pay Vincent a visit."

"We're going to play what Grayson calls 'good cop/bad cop?'"

"No,"
I say with a hint of a smirk. "We're going to play 'bad cop/worse cop.'"

-- Otto von Bismarck

Below The Bible Belt
Old 06-27-2011, 03:11 PM   #321
Carnage27
No one's puppet

Quote:
Originally Posted by sumowrestler View Post
"It is totally possible that an individual has done all this damage to the Corps. All the Blue Lanterns know is that it was a yellow ring that attacked our member on Odym. It could also be a group of people killing the members. From what I understand of the different rings and Corps, it would be very difficult for someone to wield all seven at once let alone two or three. Do we know for certain who or what we are looking for?"
I float there and cross my arms, pondering our current predicament. After a few moments, I speak, "It's one being. It has to be."

My realization just rewards me with blank stares from my new teammates, "Think about it. Our Corps are the strongest forces in the universe. We all know that. And if this was just a diverse group fighting us, one of these victims would have survived. We're too good not to. But if an incredibly powerful being, one that could control multiple rings attacked us. Well, I don't think we'd stand as much of a chance."

Old 06-29-2011, 03:35 AM   #322
Batman
Dramatic Example
SHH! Global Moderator

Initiating Regenerative Protocol

Within the cold depths of space itself, in an entirely other galaxy that is far from discovery, the dreams of a machine echo throughout the cosmos. Hidden from sight by an asteriod field, the being shifts in it's place, awakening from what feels like a thousand years' slumber. It's mind probes it's surroundings, it's body feeds off of itself. In many ways, it is completely self-sufficient, save for the capacity to yearn for knowledge. Yet as it's many memories unfold upon it's programming and it is greeted with many sights horrific and unspeakable, it's thoughts are only that of a single vendetta.

Curled in place and tucked away in the darkness, the being seems to stir - and eventually, it seems to grow. It's metallic skin lashing out at it's surroundings, the shape becomes a cylinder, forming immediate features upon it's final size. It's face seems to morph into that of a human skull, yet it is anything but human. It's eyes forming dark emerald windows, giving way to the hint that there could possibly be a passenger to the twisted vessel, the eyes begin to glow, sending an unnoticed shockwave throughout the universe. The energy collapses onto itself and forms a black hole. It's signal is sent through the barrier, heading straight into the milky way at an incredible rate.

Stablizing System Directory. Complete.

Activating Module Transmission. Sending...

Lightyears away on the planet Earth, a cornfield in the town of Smallville, Kansas begins to glow a bright green. Patches of stalks and and pieces of a great harvest give way to something else that grows beneath the ground. Large pods begin to form, their arrival harboring the source of the glow. And in minutes, at a speed that is unfathomable, they are finally given the transmission from space. Their reaction is vast and simultaneous. They begin to move with life, forming several different beings made up of any great horror story, varying in size, weight - and most importantly - power.

The pods each send a transmission that is somehow sent at an even faster rate, recieved by it's dark creator in a matter of seconds. From within the metallic hull, the being that originates this rests itself, organically born within the span of centuries out of nothing more than a genetic splice of data and DNA. It's eyes closed, it feeds through the circuitry of it's craft, becoming attuned. Until it finally feels the burst of life coming well before it does.

Transmission Recieved.

Beginning Artificial Replicant Generation.

And in the most unnerving moment, the being from space's eyes slowly open.

BRAINIAC Version 5.8... Online

"I'm not going to cut corners with you this time, Kent. I'm not a young fool anymore."

Clark pushed the rim of his glasses closer to his face, realizing the somber tone that Perry's voice was taking. Truth be told, if you'd have asked the now seventy-three year old editor-in-chief on any day since the start of the millenium, it would have been apparent that this conversation had been looming over the paper for years, ignored only by the merits of it's record-breaking headlines and award winning columns. Clark had never personally worried about the state of The Daily Planet himself, preferring to assess the situation with a positive outlook. After all, the paper's status in history seemed to reflect the very heart of Metropolis itself - tireless and ageless in it's unrelenting search for the truth. But for Perry White, who made The Planet's day-to-day his solitary passion for over thirty years of his life, running the paper was beginning to take it's toll. And it didn't take a man with x-ray vision to see it clearly written on his face.

"Well, Mr. White, I would certainly never put it quite so abrasively, but..."

Perry shook his head.

"Can the modesty, son. There's a time and a place, and this is neither. My days as editor of The Planet are coming to an end. And I think deep down, we've all known it for some time."

"If this is about that cancer scare from a few years ago, then I think it's safe to say that..."

"Kent."

Clark paused.

"This is one decision that I'm not taking back. I tendered my resignation last week, it's just waiting to be processed. I've already scheduled my leave for the end of the month."

Clark was silent. Though he tried to at least look surprised, his respect for Perry wouldn't allow the indignity. So instead, he simply looked off, allowing the moment to truly sink in. After all of the near misses and close calls, Clark had actually began to think that if the one constant in the world wasn't Lex Luthor, it was the grizzly determination of his employer. But in a conflicting turn of thought, he realized that none really deserved a retirement more. The truth is, he just didn't want to face it so soon. Not with all that was happening in the recent months - all of the substantial changes to his life.

"Perry, I don't know what you want me to say. Why are you telling me this?"

Sitting down at his desk, White looked him square in the eye.

"Because you're one of my best reporters. If it weren't for that tough-as-nails wife of yours, you would be the best. But more importantly, I've always liked you. Even if I've never let it on after all these years, your opinion means way more to me than half of the clowns I come across every day in this miserable business."

Adjusting his glasses even further, the expression on his face was more than a little flustered.

"Gosh, I... I'm flattered. Really, I am. It's just that this is all such a big,"

"Kent, do me a favor. If you're going to keep up in this conversation, lose the act. We both know you're not as clumsy or oafish as you pretend to be, so I want you hear you speak with some honesty in your voice. Tell me how you really feel. Give me all you've got, son, because I can assure you that I can take it."

Clark placed his hands together, casually looking at his shoes. He hadn't been quite so hesitant to speak up since the day of his interview. Lighting up one of his trademark cigars, Perry leaned back in his chair and crossed his arms, waiting for the slightest hint of a reaction that he could work with. Instead, with a calm, collective breath, Clark looked back at him without so much as a tremble.

"Honestly speaking, sir? I'm not sure if I believe you."

Perry removed the cigar from his mouth, intrigued.

"And I'm not trying to be cynical when I say that, but when you think about it, you've handled alot worse than age. You're an inspiration to all of us. Even with everything you've sacrificed and all that you've lost, you managed to keep the paper alive for as long as I've worked here. There isn't a more dedicated man in this building than Perry White, and you know it as well as anyone. The integrity that you bring to the newsroom is absolutely vital, and to lose that now would be hard to even imagine."

White wanted to speak, but for the first time, Clark was brave enough to hold out his hand to motion him to stop. It was enough to surprise the editor into compliance, as Clark looked around at his many trophies and achievements gathered over the years.

"There's a saying that my father has - well, that my father used to have. That when you're ready to quit something, you should be ready to quit on your own terms. And I've taken that to heart in recent years. I've never been ready to give something up, because I do all that I can to never allow the possibility. That isn't just something that I learned from him, sir. I also learned it from you."

Perry tapped his cigar against the ashtray to his right, and nodded.

"Keep going. I want to hear this."

Trying to find the words, Clark finally shook his head.

"Perry, I really don't know what you want to hear. If you're trying to get me to object, you're going to need alot more than that for me to stand in the way of your retirement."

"All I want is one thing. The truth, and I want to hear it in your words. Not this persona that you've managed to develop for yourself."

Closing his eyes, he gave a heavy sigh. As if for the first time in his life, Perry White seemed visibly scared of something.

"Are you disappointed in me?"

It took a moment, but Clark finally replied.

"I could never be disappointed in you."

Seemingly frustrated, the editor tried to muster up the gusto to sound off on Kent in order to get him to lose that ever persistent modesty, but Clark's face said it all. There was nothing held back. No words that were hollow, no reactions that were forged. He was being absolutely serious.

"If this is what you want, if it's what you really want. Then there's nothing more to be said."

Perry seemed to turn away at that.

"I'm very glad to hear that."

Getting up from his chair, he slowly rounded his desk and made his way to Clark directly, placing a firm hand on the journalist's shoulder. "I'll be honest, too. If I had went to Lane with this first, I would have had a heart attack long before I could hang up my hat. She would never allow me to leave like this, and she'd fight tooth and nail to get me to change my mind. That's the real reason I came to you first. You're never as direct, but I'll be damned if you're not one of the most sincere people I've ever known."

Clark rose out of his seat, returning an offered handshake.

"I appreciate that, sir."

Perry pointed straight into his face. "It's the truth. And don't you forget it. Truth is how you thrive in this business, and it's the reason you've always earned my respect."

Looking out of the office window, Clark took a glance at his wife from behind her desk, as her head shifted from staring into the office to try and gather a sense of what was going on, resuming work with her latest article.

"Do you want me to be the one to tell her?"

"No, that won't be nessecary. After all that she's done for this paper, and for me personally, I at least owe her one last chance to chew me out. She's like the daughter I never,"

At that moment, something from the outside began to glow.

As Clark and Perry both turned to the nearby window, overlooking the cityscape of Metropolis, they both witnessed as a being coated in a bright energy suddenly appear in the skies above Metropolis Square and hover, before quickly falling from the clouds and smashing into the pavement below. With it's actual landing obscured from their view, it was clear that whatever happened, it wasn't good.

"Great Ceaser's Ghost! Kent, did you..."

But by the time Perry turned back around, he was already gone, rushing his way out of the offices.

"Blasted, there he goes again! Always disappearing when you need him the most."

In a nearby janitor's closet, Clark slammed the door behind him and began loosening his tie.

Sorry to cut our little chat short, Perry...

But this looks like a job for Superman.

Old 07-02-2011, 05:26 PM   #323
Batman
Dramatic Example
SHH! Global Moderator

"Look! Up in the sky!"

A crowd had gathered in the crater made in the middle of the pavement in Metropolis Square, but their attention was focused skywards practically the very moment that they could see the hint of crimson from above. Flying in low from Suicide Slums, a detour he usually took to avoid suspicion after taking off from The Planet, Superman looked upon the scene with his microscopic vision before beginning his descent. The dust had only barely settled after the fall, but it was clear to him that the being wasn't some clear threat from space or monstrous escapee from The Phantom Zone. Rather, it looked to be a costumed human male, bleeding heavily from his shoulder all the way down to his chest. Realizing the imminence of the situation, The Man of Steel touched down admist the crowd and held up his hands as a few cheered his arrival.

"Please, if you could all just stand back. This man may need medical attention."

Unable to immediately greet the people trying to gauge his attention, Superman floated down to the stilled body at the crater's heart. The man was still breathing, but struggling in a hoarse gasp rather than a normal exhale. Utilizing his x-ray vision, he scanned the body for any signs of internal trauma before deciding how to transport him to a nearby hospital. But upon further inspection, Superman stopped and narrowed his eyes, making a grave discovery. Some of the individuals major organs were damaged in whatever had ravaged him. If it weren't already too late, he would die within minutes.

Moving quickly, he kneeled down to the body and began to lift it carefully, but the man groaned at the pain. Superman looked to him with pity, giving a reassuring smile.

"S... Supe... Super..."

"Relax, son. You'll be given proper treatment soon enough. I'll fly you to Metropolis General."

The individual grabbed at The Man of Tommorow's shoulder with his left hand, and that was when Superman realized something even more important about him. A golden ring adorned his index finger with a more than recognizable emblem. This man, whoever he was, came from the future. A member Legion of Super-Heroes.

Looking down at the ring with shock, Superman glanced back at eyes that were barely alive as the man tried to speak. "Great Scott, you're with the Legion? From the 30th Century?"

"Heh,"

The man smiled from beneath his tattered mask.

"32nd... actually. I'm from... I'm a member of... Legion-Next. Of the S-Solar Sector."

Realizing he was slipping out of consciousness, Superman's determination rose. Whenever The Legion visited, it was never casual. This man came with a mission, and no matter his chances of survival, Krypton's last son would make sure that it was seen through - if not by it's original agent, then by the heroes of the present day. Carefully floating upwards, his grip remained firm - but gentle all the same.

"You might want to brace yourself. Though all things considered, I don't doubt that you're more than used to flying..."

Ascending into the skies, they were off towards the inner-city in an instant. The Legion member took an obvious breath of relaxation as the breeze cooled his malformed injuries. But to Superman's surprise, he didn't look too desperate to survive. Spotting a nearby hospital on the other side of Metropolis, he gently began to fly downwards.

"You know, *koff*, I visited this place once. When I was... a kid. We were allowed one time trip each birthday. And the first... chance I got, I visited this period."

Superman glanced over slightly, acknowledging his attempts at conversation.

"Did you like it?"

The man smiled. "I d-didn't... want to leave."

Smiling, The Man of Steel looked out towards his city with an evident pride.

"I'm pretty partial to it myself."

Looking down at the logo on the Legion alumni's chest, Superman caught a glimpse of it's outline and realized that it looked familiar.

"Your crest, I've seen it before. From the Legion Archives that Brainiac 5 once showed me. Aren't you..."

"Ferro-Lad?"

He coughed once again, choking on his own blood. The legacy of that name hadn't exactly been discreet in his time period - everyone knew of the sacrifice that the first Legionaire endured to save his fellow heroes. It was the first major death that the Legion had sustained, and unfortunately the first of many others.

"Yeah, you could say that. I'm his brother's great, great grandson."

Looking down at the letter 'F' on his chest, even as it was stained in his own blood, the current Ferro-Lad chuckled.

"Guess I lived up to the legacy after all. They always told me the name was cursed,"

Superman's brow furrowed, continuing to navigate them through the clouds.

"Don't talk like that. You'll live through this, and whatever reason that brought you here will be addressed. I have alot of friends that would be more than willing to help."

"Funny you should... mention that, Superman..."

Grabbing the fold of his cape, Ferro-Lad looked directly into his savior's eyes.

"You're my mission."

Stopping the flight at that revealation, Superman looked back at The Legionaire with shock.

"Me? You're here to see me?"

Ferro-Lad's head rested back. "You seem surprised. Everyone knows about you in the future. You were the... pioneer for heroism. The standard that each Legionaire is held against,"

Superman shook his head, stopping him there. "There's no need to get into that. It's flattering, believe me, but all of you are the real heroes. I'm just glad that I was able to show someone the way."

"But it's true. It's true, and I... there was a time when I didn't even... see it."

Lightly beginning his descent towards the hospital, Superman gave an acknowledging glance that told Ferro-Lad that he was listening to his story.

"When I was a kid, I... looked up to my ancestors. But I never get what they all saw in you. I thought you... well, I thought of you like someone thinks of an old shoe. You seemed like something of an,"

"Old man?"

Ferro-Lad nodded. "Sorry. Don't mean to offend ya,"

"It's okay. Believe or not, I've heard it a couple of times before."

"But that's the point, Superman. I was... when I came here later on in my life, I came during a pretty big time in the history arcs. They said it was the single most devastating day that... *koff* that Metropolis had ever beared."

The Man of Steel looked complacent, unsure of the day that he meant.

"I don't know what..."

"It was the day you died. The day Doomsday attacked the city."

Looking away at that, Superman continued to listen.

"And there, right infront of The Daily Planet, I stood along with thousands and watched you... take your final breaths. And that was when I understood. You had given your all, every ounce of your power, just to save one city full of a couple thousand. You could have been anywhere in the world, and yet... you chose to stay and fight. Even past your limits,"

Even with the memories of that day now fresh on his mind, knowing that soon, history could very well repeat itself, Superman didn't shy away from the fact.

"When it comes to the people, giving up isn't an option."

"Y-Yeah. You said that once before, during a holo-log. And the day after I watched that... I became Ferro-Lad."

Looking towards Metropolis General, Superman finally touched down on the roof as he heard medical staff from several floors below notice his arrival.

"You're almost there. Just hang on for a couple of more,"

"Superman, I ain't stupid. They can't do anything for me."

Hitting him to his corse, Superman refused to believe that possibility.

"Maybe you'll be surprised."

"Just listen to me now, I got something else to say..."

Superman looked back. "Your mission?"

Ferro-Lad nodded.

"You've never been to my time, but we're a society at war. It took me days just to locate a proper transport ring, let alone... find this century. That's how I got all banged up. The fall didn't help much, either."

Seeing as the doctors burst through the rooftop access with a gurney prepared, Kal-El looked upon Ferro-Lad and gave him a kind smirk.

"Well, it looks like you'll be fine. So we'll be able to talk about this later,"

"No."

Superman stopped.

"No, I gotta say this to you now. Just incase."

Hesitantly, he gave him a nod.

"The history books, they just changed recently. You were originally supposed to live up until the One Millionth,"

Superman stopped him again. "I'd rather not know."

"No, this is important. Whatever your original fate was... supposed to be, it just changed. Because somehow, in some way, your greatest enemy forces you to make a choice that'll change your life forever."

Unable to mask his lack of surprise, Superman nevertheless placed Ferro-Lad on the gurney.

"I know. Luthor gave me a virus with his dying breath. It's already beginning to change me."

Struggling as the doctors began to strap him down, putting the oxygen to his face, Ferro-Lad's head shot upwards.

"No, you don't understand! It's not the... the virus, Superman! That was only the beginning!"

Struggling to discern what he meant, The Man of Steel could only watch as the Legionnaire was wheeled away by the medical staff.

"Whatever this is, it's going to utterly destroy you! Don't make the choice!"

As they began to lift him for the trip downwards, Ferro-Lad finally shouted something at the top of his lungs.

"DON'T GIVE EVERYTHING UP!"

And left to the silence of the city, The Last Son of Krypton could only stand in place, wondering just what he meant by that. The Legion of Super-Heroes were usually accurate in depicting the events of the near future. If he truly knew something about what Luthor's revenge meant for his loved ones, it didn't sound like they were the ones that the Legion was worried about.

It was Superman himself.

Old 07-03-2011, 02:44 AM   #324
wiegeabo
Omniposcient

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carnage27 View Post
I float there and cross my arms, pondering our current predicament. After a few moments, I speak, "It's one being. It has to be."

My realization just rewards me with blank stares from my new teammates, "Think about it. Our Corps are the strongest forces in the universe. We all know that. And if this was just a diverse group fighting us, one of these victims would have survived. We're too good not to. But if an incredibly powerful being, one that could control multiple rings attacked us. Well, I don't think we'd stand as much of a chance."
I rub my chin in thought. "It's a distinct possibility. Controlling one ring requires immense control. Controlling multiple rings, at the same time, against experienced wielders?"

"Who or what ever is stalking us, we're stronger together. And once we have representatives from the remaining three Corps-"

"Are you serious? Larfleeze cannot be trusted, and the power of love is only slightly less pathetic than that of compassion. Better we strike now, while we still may have the element of surprise."

"And just where do we strike? And what if our four segments of the spectrum aren't enough?"

"You would give the killer more time? More time to strike down more members of our Corps?"

Atrocitus steps up to me, virtually growling. I sigh with impatience. Trying to instill fear in me, of all people.

"Stifle your rage until it's needed, because I do agree with you in part. We shouldn't waste anymore time. We need to find a Star Sapphire. And we all happen to know where one calls home..."

Quote:
Originally Posted by Green Lantern View Post
90% of people are in love with wiegeabo. The other 10% are liars.
Old 07-04-2011, 04:07 PM   #325
MST3K 4ever
BRING IT BACK!

Lock-Up holds a cattle prod to Grissom and begins shocking him.

He says, "You have gotten away with so many crimes Grissom, but this time you will pay!"

Marvel says, "Bolton! You're hurting him as he has hurt Gotham. What makes you different from him?"

Bolton says to Marvel, "I am seeking justice in a way that others are unwilling to do! I am justice! He and others will pay!"

Marvel asks, "What gives you the right to be judge and jury? Even Batman knows his limitations in matters of the law and justice!"

Bolton says, "Don't compare me to that weak fool! He could've ruled this city and made it safe for everyone but he chooses mercy!"

Marvel replies, "No that is what makes him stronger than you will ever know."

Bolton begins to cross over to Marvel and Marvel says, "I was just waiting to see how far you were willng to go. Now I see you for who are Bolton! You're a schoolyard bully, and there is only one way to stop a bully and that is to stand up to them!"

With that Marvel rips through the chains like they were tissue paper and stands up to shocked Bolton.

Bolton says, "I don't care Marvel! I took you down once before I can do it again!"

Bolton lunges and Marvel sidesteps him while taking the prod away from Bolton.

Bolton stumbles and sees Marvel break the prod over his thigh. Marvel says, "You have no chance Bolton anything you can throw at me I can counter!"

Bolton presses a button on suit and says, "Counter this!"

An electronic voice says, "Self-destruct mode activated 2 minutes and counting."

Bolton says, "Okay Marvel save them or take me in?"

Marvel says, "Why not both?"

With the speed of Mercury and the strength of Hercules marvel frees dozens of Boton's prisoners and telling to run as he sets them outside of Bolton's compound.

The computer voice says, "T-Minus 1:45 and counting."

Bolton is stunned as Marvel is standing before him and says, "No way you could've set everyone free. No way!"

Marvel says, "You tell me!"

He grabs Bolton and takes flight away from the building. He shows Bolton where the detainees are still fleeing.

Bolton says, "I don't believe it!"

Marvel says, "It doesn't matter if you believe it or not. It's a matter of reality now back to Gotham with you."

Marvel begins to head towards Gotham and swoops close the detainees and says, "I'll alert Gordon to what has happened. I'm sure he will make sure you all get back to the city."

The steel-mill explodes as Marvel flies into the nightsky.

Closed Thread