The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > General Movies > Marvel Films

Old 04-30-2013, 06:10 PM   #126
terry78
I don't die, fool

Default Re: Can you see this? The Invisible Woman thread.

She'll work. Never seen Girls but seen some of her other stuff. I'd prefer her over any stunt casting. I'd frankly prefer the entire movie be cast with semi-unknowns to maintain the illusion, but that wouldn't make any bank.

terry78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2013, 06:41 PM   #127
TheComicbookKid
Swing n Miss

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kelly View Post
I have seen a couple of episodes of "Girls", she's a "so-so" actress....but I'm not one to judge a performance, until I've seen the performance. So if she gets the part, more power to her.
Well, I've seen most of Girls and she's pretty terrible at anything emotional(crying scenes are brutal to watch). I do hear she's pretty funny though.

TheComicbookKid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2013, 06:41 PM   #128
Lightning Strykez!
Former Mod On Pension Pay

She doesn't bother me.

But it's waaaay early to get any hopes up. She is simply being considered; it doesn't mean she'll get the job. However, this does give us an indication of what direction Trank and FOX are looking in. In other words, I think it's a foregone conclusion that an older actress like Charlize Theron is not in the running for this role.

What I want is an inspired casting choice (like Chris Evan's Human Torch, Patrick Stewart's Xavier, Robert Downey Jr.'s Iron Man, etc.,). As long as I lose the actress in the character I will be very happy--even if it isn't a fan favorite like Charlize.

Lightning Strykez! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2013, 06:55 PM   #129
Sawyer
High King

I just hope theres a reasonable age difference between Sue and Johnny in these films.

@HIGHzurrer

If your first TV love was Buffy, this season of The Magicians is the adult who looks like that first crush but is into your kink.
*sees someone trolling DCEU fans* *prepares to say something* *sees Snyder stans somehow being even more obnoxious than the trolls* *sighs*

*rinse and repeat*
Sawyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2013, 07:10 PM   #130
I SEE SPIDEY
Banned User

As I keep saying unless they can snag a big star I see them casting younger. Age doesn't matter to me one bit as long as the actress is good at her job and looks right for the role. I just hope whoever they get can convincingly play smart.

I take all rumors with a grain of salt. Williams might be in the running and she might not. I've never seen her act so I have no opinion on her beyond she is pretty.

I SEE SPIDEY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2013, 07:10 PM   #131
spidergeek232
I'm Not A Loser

With her in consideration, I see them pulling a more Ultimate version. Not straight up Ultimate, but a mix between 616 and Ultimate.

I definitely see them going a 616 route, especially with how Mark Miller and Josh Trank described it.

My cast (if younger):

-Reed Richards: Lee Pace or Jonathan Reyes Meyers (Yes I would actually cast him. He has very good range.)
-Susan Storm: Rachel McAdams
-Johnny Storm: Hunter Parrish
-Ben Grimm: Tom Hardy

For an older cast:

-Reed Richards: Anson Mount or Jon Hamm
-Susan Storm: Charlize Theron
-Johnny Storm: Ryan Kwantan
-Ben Grimm: Joel Edgerton

Victor Von Doom: Mad Mikkelsen or Benedict Cumberbatch

Old 04-30-2013, 07:13 PM   #132
I SEE SPIDEY
Banned User

McAdams is 34 years old. Not exactly younger anymore in hollywood terms. Only a few years younger than Theron.

Am I the only one not feeling McAdams anymore? I mean she is pretty good in certain films but I don't get why she is still fancast for everything. I guess I just got so turned off of her after her incredibly lifeless performance in Sherlock Holmes. That should have been an easy role to at least be decent in and she just over and over again showed how miscast she was. I wouldn't be opposed to her playing Sue but the choice wouldn't excite me anymore. Someone like Theron would though.

Last edited by I SEE SPIDEY; 04-30-2013 at 07:24 PM.
Old 04-30-2013, 08:19 PM   #133
Lencho01
Shazoogle! Shazoogle!

Never seen Girls, so all I can take from this is the age range we might be hearing for Sue.

Lencho01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2013, 08:39 PM   #134
Kelly
#RESIST
SHH! Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by I SEE SPIDEY View Post
McAdams is 34 years old. Not exactly younger anymore in hollywood terms. Only a few years younger than Theron.

Am I the only one not feeling McAdams anymore? I mean she is pretty good in certain films but I don't get why she is still fancast for everything. I guess I just got so turned off of her after her incredibly lifeless performance in Sherlock Holmes. That should have been an easy role to at least be decent in and she just over and over again showed how miscast she was. I wouldn't be opposed to her playing Sue but the choice wouldn't excite me anymore. Someone like Theron would though.
Nope you aren't the only one....I haven't really been big on her for Sue.....since......EVER.

Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that. The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy.
Faith is taking the first step even when you don't see the whole staircase.
~Martin Luther King Jr.~
Kelly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2013, 09:17 PM   #135
Dragon
No Way as Way

24 is too young for Sue. Especially if they're going to write her as being any kind of scientist or in any sort of accomplished position professionally. They really have to get off this "pretty" casting nonsense and look at the character. I'm concerned that this director, because of his age is also going to be thinking on this level as well. Casting the FF like a college fraternity won't work.

Kung-Fu, 1972
Dragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2013, 09:18 PM   #136
Kelly
#RESIST
SHH! Administrator

Well, if they don't go with the UFF, and go with the 616 or Marvel Knights then 24 is fine....

Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that. The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy.
~Martin Luther King Jr.~
Old 04-30-2013, 09:24 PM   #137
terry78
I don't die, fool

How old was she in the original books, like mid to late 20s anyway right?

terry78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2013, 09:31 PM   #138
Kelly
#RESIST
SHH! Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by terry78 View Post
She met Reed when she was 12....

~Martin Luther King Jr.~
Old 04-30-2013, 09:45 PM   #139
psylockolussus
Fierce User

If only Jennifer Lawrence wasn't playing Mystique, I would like to see her as Sue Storm!

psylockolussus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2013, 10:23 PM   #140
bubbadoom
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragon View Post
24 is too young for Sue. Especially if they're going to write her as being any kind of scientist or in any sort of accomplished position professionally. They really have to get off this "pretty" casting nonsense and look at the character. I'm concerned that this director, because of his age is also going to be thinking on this level as well. Casting the FF like a college fraternity won't work.
By my count she's 25 or 26 [the only birth year I found for her was '87/88] so she's pretty much the same age Alba was, or a few years older.

Of course, maybe she's being considered for Alicia...

bubbadoom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2013, 11:13 PM   #141
I SEE SPIDEY
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kelly View Post
Nope you aren't the only one....I haven't really been big on her for Sue.....since......EVER.
As far as I can recall she was never my one of my top choices either. The more roles I see her in the less I like her as an actress. I think she can act but she is only good for certain roles and I don't see Superhero as one of them.

I hope they don't cast this role super young, I honestly hope actresses who look like they are under 25 are not seriously considered.

Old 05-01-2013, 03:13 AM   #142
Fanboy rivalry? Yawn.

Williams is solid in Girls. Would be a nice choice imo.

747 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2013, 05:06 AM   #143
Silvermoth
Avenger

I haven't watched Girls yet but I want to. She could be alright. She seems clever which I think is important for the Invisible woman.

Old 05-01-2013, 06:08 AM   #144
Casius--J
Web Master

I haven't seen any of her work but looks wise I guess she'd make a decent enough Sue. Too early to tell really.

Old 05-01-2013, 06:27 AM   #145
Project862006
Banned User

Quote:

feel same about gosling he gets fan cast for everything from batman to daredevil to green lantern,etc.

Project862006 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2013, 09:20 AM   #146
I SEE SPIDEY
Banned User

I actually like Gosling the more I see of him so it's the opposite for me. Still I don't want him as Batman or Dare Devil or GL and I doubt he wants to play those roles in the first place.

I understand why people bring up the same actors over and over again. You have your pet actor whom you like and if it's not quite an A-lister you want them to have a hit so you can see them in more and better roles so you fancast them as a hero or villain. I've done it but I'm really trying to cut down because it is annoying.

I only don't like the McAdams and Banks fancasting because of how many years those have been going on. In particular, I understand Banks is a favorite and she's a pretty decent enough actress but she is like 40 now. If she were going to break out she would have done it by now. It's not fair but I think it's deliusional to act like she going to be landing all of these female lead roles. It's not right or fair because a 40 year old guy wouldn't have problems landing lead roles but Banks was never landing big female roles even 5-10 years ago so what chance does she have now? If she were already big the age wouldn't matter as much but she isn't.

I just can't imagine that a studio would cast a 39-40 year old B-list actress in favor of casting a younger unknown or an A-List actress in her late 30's and early 40's. Sorry if I stepped on dreams I'm just trying to be realistic.

Old 05-01-2013, 03:49 PM   #147
fantastic fifth
...just in case...

Williams would make a hell of a Medusa.

fantastic fifth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2013, 05:06 PM   #148
Kelly
#RESIST
SHH! Administrator

Quote:
I actually like Gosling the more I see of him so it's the opposite for me. Still I don't want him as Batman or Dare Devil or GL and I doubt he wants to play those roles in the first place.

I understand why people bring up the same actors over and over again. You have your pet actor whom you like and if it's not quite an A-lister you want them to have a hit so you can see them in more and better roles so you fancast them as a hero or villain. I've done it but I'm really trying to cut down because it is annoying.

I only don't like the McAdams and Banks fancasting because of how many years those have been going on. In particular, I understand Banks is a favorite and she's a pretty decent enough actress but she is like 40 now. If she were going to break out she would have done it by now. It's not fair but I think it's deliusional to act like she going to be landing all of these female lead roles. It's not right or fair because a 40 year old guy wouldn't have problems landing lead roles but Banks was never landing big female roles even 5-10 years ago so what chance does she have now? If she were already big the age wouldn't matter as much but she isn't.

I just can't imagine that a studio would cast a 39-40 year old B-list actress in favor of casting a younger unknown or an A-List actress in her late 30's and early 40's. Sorry if I stepped on dreams I'm just trying to be realistic.
Well, my choices have been of many, you are looking at one thread, whereas this has been discussed since 2007 on MANY DIFFERENT THREADS.

I have put up several different people from all ages....

AJ Cook, Theresa Palmer, as well as Charlize Theron, and Elizabeth Banks...simply depending on whether they want this as a franchise or a single movie.

If it is a single movie, then casting someone like a Banks or Theron would be no problem. If they want this to be a tent pole franchise, then of course cast someone younger.

~Martin Luther King Jr.~
Old 05-02-2013, 02:34 PM   #149
Dragon
No Way as Way

Quote:
Originally Posted by terry78 View Post
In the original books she was supposed to be simply Reed's girlfriend and guardian for teenaged Johnny. There was mention of her being an actress, but the only evidence I've seen of that was when she was cast in a movie in FF#15, but that was more because of her post-FF fame (we won't count the entire team being cast in a movie financed by Namor and meant as a trap in FF#9).

In the films her being portrayed as both scientist and an exec at Doom's company puts the early twenties as being not likely, unless the suggestion is that she's screwing the boss. Just as Johnny being a Shuttle pilot (Who knows who he was screwing). Personally I'd prefer to see her as a lab assistant, apprentice to Reed, so in that case the mid-20's thing could work.

Kung-Fu, 1972
Dragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2013, 08:48 PM   #150
Kelly
#RESIST
SHH! Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragon View Post
In the original books she was supposed to be simply Reed's girlfriend and guardian for teenaged Johnny. There was mention of her being an actress, but the only evidence I've seen of that was when she was cast in a movie in FF#15, but that was more because of her post-FF fame (we won't count the entire team being cast in a movie financed by Namor and meant as a trap in FF#9).

In the films her being portrayed as both scientist and an exec at Doom's company puts the early twenties as being not likely, unless the suggestion is that she's screwing the boss. Just as Johnny being a Shuttle pilot (Who knows who he was screwing). Personally I'd prefer to see her as a lab assistant, apprentice to Reed, so in that case the mid-20's thing could work.
I thought she went to California to be an actress...or was that ONLY to follow Reed?????

I'm still learning with the originals.

~Martin Luther King Jr.~