The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice > Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice

Closed Thread

Old 04-17-2014, 07:10 PM   #251
Marvin
Side-Kick

Default Re: All Things Superman and Batman: An Open Discussion - - - - - - - - - - - - Part 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by herolee10 View Post
So im guessing that this will be more like xmen first class, in a sense, where superman is Charles and batman is magneto. Lois is moira while wonder woman is mystique? Lol
Or maybe it will be like the mask of Zorro, with Don Rafael Montero as Batman, Don Diego de la Vega as Superman and Elena as Wonder woman.
You would think batman would be in the role of zorro but damn that Goyer.

Damn it. Ok Lex as the evil Rafael Montero, Batman ad the old Zorro, Superman as the young Banderas, Metallo as the evil heavy, Capt. Harrison Love. And wondy, sill as Elena.

Thank you Terrio.

Last edited by Marvin; 04-17-2014 at 07:14 PM.
Old 04-17-2014, 07:22 PM   #252
Iceman
Infinity War!

Default Re: All Things Superman and Batman: An Open Discussion - - - - - - - - - - - - Part 4

Can we do an Anchorman version of this please?

Old 04-17-2014, 08:10 PM   #253
InJustice
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Psycho_Sith View Post
That's a very good point.
Instead of Nolan's Batman continuing to drive himself to the physical peak of humanity and constantly pushing his boundaries/skills to be able to possibly "ramp it up to eleven" so to speak so he could stand toe-to-toe with metahumans, he got more pathetic and weaker as Nolan's trilogy ground on.

...too bad; I could've seen him keep pushing and pushing after BB to where he was just the end-all-be-all of human bada$$ery so he could've crossed into the MoS world and vice versa.
Way to completely miss the point of the trilogy. The trilogy wasn't about Batman being a long term solution to Gotham's problems. It was about Batman being a short term reaction. Since Nolan focused more on realism, how can you not expect a normal human being to be exhausted and broken after fighting so many criminals and getting severe injuries in a span of 10 years?

Old 04-17-2014, 08:21 PM   #254
RectusErectus
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by InJustice View Post
Way to completely miss the point of the trilogy. The trilogy wasn't about Batman being a long term solution to Gotham's problems. It was about Batman being a short term reaction. Since Nolan focused more on realism, how can you not expect a normal human being to be exhausted and broken after fighting so many criminals and getting severe injuries in a span of 10 years?
He was only active for one year then retired for eight, but still I agree

Old 04-17-2014, 08:21 PM   #255
DA_Champion
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by RectusErectus View Post
That's been out for a while. It's just the Director's Cut with Tales of the Black Freighter spliced in
Snyder is implying it's different from the director's cut.

Old 04-17-2014, 08:22 PM   #256
DA_Champion
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by roach View Post
Batman being first means that Batman is the aggressor.
Is that how it works?

Old 04-17-2014, 08:23 PM   #257
InJustice
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by RectusErectus View Post
He was only active for one year then retired for eight, but still I agree
Oh whoops, I thought there was a bit more of a timeskip between BB and TDK.

Old 04-17-2014, 08:24 PM   #258
DA_Champion
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. E Nygma View Post
This is not a personal attack, but what makes you think you know what they have planned or have been planning? Marvel's market strategy has been to put as much out as they can, and sometimes it's almost too much. They walk the line of over-saturation. Snyder is making a film that he wants to be awesome and epic, so forgive them if they don't want to blow their big reveals 2 years out.

I don't often reply to these kinds of posts, but the level of Marvel a**-kissing is too damn high! Marvel may be getting a lot of movies out and even a show, but it's not like every one has been great, or even good.

I get really excited when a new Marvel movie is coming out but looking back, I don't think they're as great as they seemed when I first saw them.

Iron Man 2/3 were big steps down from the first film(which I still think is great)

Thor 2 on rewatch seemed long and not as emotionally powerful as the first.

Captain America 2, saw last weekend, I have to say was great, but still lacked some character development.

Avengers, not even as good Iron Man or Captain America 2 on further viewings.

And now it looks like ABC may not even pick up Agents of Shield for season 2..despite all its cool tie-ins and cameos.

The point I'm trying to make is that Marvel is clearly more visible right now(Disney knows how to smother you with their products), but can we really say, HONESTLY, that they've knocked every film out of the park? I don't think so.

Snyder and Goyer have made comments about dropping small easter eggs in MOS that would elude to a much bigger universe. Is that not how Marvel started?

We ALL have no idea what Snyder and co. have planned, so logically you can't really say they're disorganized. This is a thread for a Batman/Superman movie, can we please leave Marvel in the Marvel thread. It's a really debbie downer to read this Marvel is soooo amazing bs every time I read this thread. Marvel is good, but they're not doing it completely right.
I would be shocked if ABC doesn't pick up Agents of Shield for a second season.

Old 04-17-2014, 08:32 PM   #259
DA_Champion
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheNextNolan22 View Post
"QFT" means "Quote for Truth."
QFT can also stand for quantum field theory, depending on the company.

Old 04-17-2014, 08:52 PM   #260
Black Narcissus
Pimp a Butterfly

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluerayer View Post
"Im getting too old for this ****...!
Shut yo....Nevermind! Those words were never spoken by me.

Some other black actor.

Old 04-17-2014, 09:02 PM   #261
InJustice
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samuel Jackson View Post
Shut yo....Nevermind! Those words were never spoken by me.

Some other black actor.
If it helps, I googled "Shaft gif" and found Samuel L. Jackson.

Old 04-17-2014, 09:11 PM   #262
Black Narcissus
Pimp a Butterfly

Snyder's interview has me excited.

Old 04-17-2014, 10:28 PM   #263
herolee10
No More Miracles

Honestly, if Snyder and company have found a way to stage a fight where neither Superman or Batman come off as each other's proverbial "B##$" in somewhat of a realistic way, then props to them because I can't think of an good way to have them fight evenly without one of them having a distinct advantage.

Either Superman is incredibly weakened by Kryptonite, while Batman fights him in some battle suit, or Superman owns Batman like he did in JL: War.

And I can't bet you my college tuition that no matter how the fight is portrayed, Superman will still be viewed as Batman's lesser half in this film by a good amount of fans due to the double standard that people have when it comes to Superman.

Old 04-17-2014, 10:39 PM   #264
Marvin
Side-Kick

If they make superman look lesser than batman then bane's rankings on light heavyweight division will skyrocket

Batman is hardly always cool. I like that people appreciate that Snyder might just bring that guy to the forefront for once.

Old 04-17-2014, 10:45 PM   #265
herolee10
No More Miracles

Quote:
Originally Posted by KalMart View Post
Batman's always cooler.
That does seem to be a general consensus. I just hope that they can make Superman look "cool" as well in this film.

And given Snyder's comments about the DC universe that he's creating within these films, I wonder if we can expect a similar "tonal/aesthetic" shift/change in how things look in this new film when compared to MOS like how Webb did with his first and second spider-man films.

Old 04-17-2014, 10:47 PM   #266
ThePhantasm
2 sexy 4 a stormtrooper

Well of course Batman wasn't cool in TDKR. He fought like a ***** and whined for most of the movie. His coolest moment was climbing out of the pit, and that was as Bruce, not Bats.

Countdown to Mysterious Heroism | Ɉ |
Old 04-17-2014, 10:47 PM   #267
InJustice
Side-Kick

I honestly think Snyder does not give a **** about people's love for characters, if he thinks Batman should lose against Superman, then he will do so. I want them to do that just to shut the "OMFG BATMAN ALWAYS WINS BECAUSE PREPARATION" casuals up.

Old 04-17-2014, 10:49 PM   #268
ThePhantasm
2 sexy 4 a stormtrooper

I think if there is a winner it will be Batman. Always works better for the story for the underdog to win. And in terms of power, Batman is the underdog.

Old 04-17-2014, 10:51 PM   #269
InJustice
Side-Kick

Why would it would better for the story? One would think the burden falls on Superman if the plot point is that he has to prove to the world that he's harmless and trustworthy.

Old 04-17-2014, 10:54 PM   #270
ThePhantasm
2 sexy 4 a stormtrooper

You don't see the dramatic tension of the underdog overcoming greater odds, vs. the boredom of some superpowering being pwning a guy with a fraction of his strength? Drama, man, drama.

And I'm assuming it will be a legit FIGHT, not a harmless or pacifist Superman getting his butt handed to him by a bullying Batman.

Old 04-17-2014, 10:57 PM   #271
ЯɘvlveR
danneB

oh, i think he's going to get his ass beat by bats. he'll get depowered, get his ass kicked, get powered up again and then pawn batsy in some fashion.

Old 04-17-2014, 10:59 PM   #272
ThePhantasm
2 sexy 4 a stormtrooper

Quote:
Originally Posted by KalMart View Post
It's expected, but I think a lot of Supes fans are tired of him being Batman's b!#ch. But rather than a contest of power, it should be more about differing philosophies, and ultimately an agreement on what is right.
I agree with this 100%.

All I'm saying is IF there is a "winner" in a physical contest, for drama reasons it will be Batman. Maybe there won't be a clear winner though (which is how I would play it).

Old 04-17-2014, 11:01 PM   #273
I Am The Knight
Infinity

Batman is probably the coolest character in comics. Superman can be cool, but he isn't supposed to be cool in the same way that Batman is. Doesn't make one better than the other.

Anyway, I wonder just why Batman and Superman would actually "fight" in this film? In The Dark Knight Returns and The New Frontier there were very specific circumstances that demanded that the two fight due to an external force. But in MOS, Superman makes it clear that he will not be a government agent. So what's Batman's deal? He considers Superman a threat and decides he has to "hunt the kryptonian" ? I'm assuming some kind of mind control might be involved, where Superman has to be stopped, maybe?

SHH. You owe us your livelihood. / Avvy by SkullDevil! / ?
Old 04-17-2014, 11:09 PM   #274
ThePhantasm
2 sexy 4 a stormtrooper

Here's how I wrote it happening, just for fun. The situation is not that Superman is a threat, but that his presence is a threat (Luthor is using alien tech to make it appear that Superman is drawing threats to earth, just as he drew Zod to earth).

Batman v. Superman Fight:

Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:

The denizens of Gotham's dirty streets look up in surprise as Superman descends. He's a bright contrast with the drab buildings and the misty rain. His eyes scan the buildings, searching. He touches down on the ground. He turns.

There stands Batman, his cape draped over his shoulders, hiding his armor underneath.

BATMAN: I told you to leave Gotham.

SUPERMAN: I'm staying here until I figure out what exactly is going on. Those things - - I don't think they are kryptonian.

BATMAN: Those things killed four of Gotham's citizens when they landed on the freeway looking for you. Your presence here is a threat. Your power is unwanted and unneeded. And if you won't leave, I'll make you.

Superman looks unconvinced.

SUPERMAN: My presence is a threat? What about you? Have you made Gotham a better, a safer place? Or are all those freaks you fight attracted here by your presence?

Batman doesn't answer. Perhaps he doesn't know what to say. He looks beyond Superman, to an old run down movie theatre. Beside it, a dark alleyway.

BATMAN: Darkness isn't alien to Gotham. It was born here.

He draws back his cape, removes an armored plate from his chestpiece, revealing a glowing green piece of kyrptonite embedded in his armor.

Superman staggers back. He feels different. Doesn't understand.

BATMAN: This is a piece of your home. I'm going to use it to keep you out of mine.

Superman makes a desperate charge. The fight is on. But Superman's strength is draining. Batman scores some hits. Supes bleeds.

BATMAN: That's what it feels like to be human.

Superman grabs the metal plate and covers the kryptonite, driving Batman back against the wall. Batman struggles, unable to get free. Superman's strength is returning. Batman presses a few buttons on his belt.

The BATMOBILE roars around a corner and drives straight for them, firing a grappling hook that wraps around Superman. It drags him away, down the street.

Batman recovers, follows.

Superman recovers, sets his feet in the ground. The Batmobile's tires spin. The cable snaps. The car fires a few missiles at Supes, which explode, knocking him backwards. But he rises unharmed.

Then Batman is on him, on his back, arms around his throat. The kryptonite is close. With his last bit of strength Superman takes off, flies away, Batman still on him - - then he loses control, begins spiraling down towards a rooftop. Batman is forced to let go. He uses his cape to glide to safety.

Superman impacts on the roof, falling through several floors. His strength is drained. He needs sunlight. He needs energy. He staggers out a door into an alleyway. Falls to his knees.

There, in the alley, in the rain, are two red roses.

Batman drops from above. Knocks Superman down. Has his hands on his throat.

BATMAN: You're done. Never come back to Gotham. Come back and I'll finish what we started, I swear to you. I want you to remember, Clark. I want to remember the man who beat you. I want you to remember you're not all powerful. I want you to remember - -

Suddenly Superman has his hands on Batman's throat. He lifts Batman off his body, staggers to his feet, eyes filled with defiance. Batman punches him. Supes staggers back, crushing the roses under his feet. Supes opens his mouth as if to speak, but is unable to.

Batman attacks. The result is a fist-fight down crime alley. Batman scores more hits, but Superman's hits, weakened as they are, do more damage. Both are beaten, bloody. With a flying kick, Batman knocks Superman out into the street.

Then Superman unleashes his heat vision - - focused, not full power, but enough to leave Batman's chestplate red hot. Batman staggers back down the alleyway. Retreats.

The exertion was too much. Superman falls unconscious.

Batman removes his chestplate. Has the kryptonite in his hand. He gets to the Batmobile, gets in. Quickly re-suits with a spare suit of armor. Drives the Batmobile around to where Superman fell.

Superman is gone.

Suddenly the Batmobile is being lifted into the air, far into the skies above Gotham. Batman ejects. Glides.

Superman drops the Batmobile down into the Gotham Harbor far below. Batman glides into him, Kryptonite in his fist, beating him. Superman falls, but punches through Batman's glider-cape.

SUPERMAN: I fall, you fall.

Batman doesn't respond. They are continuing to fall. Together.

SUPERMAN: I can save us both. I can save everyone. You have to trust me.

Falling. The wind is too loud for Batman to speak. Superman is weakening, losing consciousness.

Batman throws the kryptonite away. Superman flies them to safety just before impact. Lands at a dockyard. Batman is breathing heavily.

Superman looks through some buildings.

SUPERMAN: The glowing rock is about two hundred yards that way, next to a trash heap.

For the first time, Batman registers real surprise.

SUPERMAN: Maybe you're right about me. Maybe I am a threat. [beat] You're concerned about my power. Sometimes I'm completely afraid of it. Sometimes there's nothing I want more than to be - human. [he wipes the blood from his chin] My father died in front of me. I could have saved him. But I didn't. Because he didn't think I should reveal what I could do - - I because I trusted him. Trust has costs. I've never felt more human than I did in that moment.

Batman says nothing.

SUPERMAN: I'm willing to trust you. Even though I'm pretty sure you are completely crazy.

BATMAN: Just get out of Gotham.

Superman nods, disappointed. He flies away.

Batman stares after him, drenched by rain, deep in thought.

Old 04-17-2014, 11:14 PM   #275
ThePhantasm
2 sexy 4 a stormtrooper

The difficulty with a Batman vs. Superman fight is there is never a moment where someone doesn't have the advantage. You don't get two equally matched guys duking it out, like Supes vs. Zod. Either Batman has the advantage (kryptonite) or Superman does (superpowers). So the fight is always going to be one-sided, unless you come up with something really clever.

Closed Thread