3 0 0%
2 0 0%
1 0 0%
Voters: 7. You may not vote on this poll

Old Today, 12:33 AM   #51
Lantern Venom
Tireless Topher Trasher

Default Re: The Flash season 3 episode 13 "Attack on Gorilla City"

I've loved all of Grodd's appearances, and tonight was no exception. Jesse's weird attitude toward Wally felt like the writers just didn't have anything else for her to do this episode, but that's the only criticism that I have. Everything else was perfect.

Old Today, 01:21 AM   #52
Spider-Aziz
Side-Kick

Anyone else thought of the Rocky IV speech hearing Barry's speech to Gorillaz?

YOUTUBE
My inbox always has room for you. If you want to roast me, advice me, ask me something, clear confusion, or have any words to share.
Spider-Aziz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 01:51 AM   #53
Braggis
Newbie First Class

Yeah. Didn't Cisco make a Rocky reference after that while they were in their cells? I don't remember but I think he made one of his pop culture references.

Braggis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 02:05 AM   #54
vantheman77
Side-Kick

Gorilla City and Solivar looked so good. This is probably the most CGI-heavy episode and maybe that's why they were in the cages the majority of the episode.

Jesse Quick did look off in her relationship with Wally as you would think she would be happy with him having super-speed.

About the future Barry and Cisco saw, I wonder if the Wells that was on the rooftop was Harry and not HR.

vantheman77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 02:15 AM   #55
Osiris-Rex
Head-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Primal Slayer View Post
THey can find a way to get Julian to go to E2 but not Iris? Really?
Unless I am missing something, is there a reason Iris needed to go to Earth-2?

Quote:
Originally Posted by NotNickFury View Post
If Grodd was the main villain for a season, I have to imagine that would put a strain on the show's budget.
That was probably why Grodd spent a lot of time talking through Wells and Cisco.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NotNickFury View Post
Oh right, I forgot that this was a two-parter.

Would be real nice to give Supergirl a quick call for some backup.
Supergirl is afraid of monkeys, based on the Superhero Fight Club video.

Osiris-Rex is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 02:38 AM   #56
Headliner
Side-Kick

Good episode. Not a fan of the Jesse and Wally relationship nor do I agree with Jesse moving to Earth 1 because then you have 3 speedsters/superheros on Earth 1 and 0 on Earth 2.

Headliner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 03:32 AM   #57
Lencho01
Shazoogle! Shazoogle!

Fun episode. My brother joked that we should be prepared for garbage CGI in the next few episodes.

The Jesse and Wally stuff seemed forced.

I hope they have a good explanation for Gypsy.

I was at some diplomatic party once. Got to talking to this princess who told me that when it came to Superman, I was missing the point. She told me, "His real strength lay in his generous spirit and sense of what's fair." - King Faraday

"
Hes much more of a working class superhero, which is why we ended the whole book with the image of a laboring Superman. Hes Everyman operating on a scifi Paul Bunyan scale." - Grant Morrison

"Self Portrait" By Batman
Lencho01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 04:50 AM   #58
Gaultheria
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Headliner View Post
nor do I agree with Jesse moving to Earth 1 because then you have 3 speedsters/superheros on Earth 1 and 0 on Earth 2.
Yeah. I got the impression that Jay kept the helmet because he planned to stay on Earth 2 -- it didn't mean anything on Earth 3 -- and that he only went home to E3 when Jesse was ready to take on the responsibility for E2.

Gaultheria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 04:54 AM   #59
legendkillin
Side-Kick

I wasn't into it, episode felt pretty rushed. Wish they went more into Solivar, instead of just using him for a quick fight.

If Grodd was every a long term villain, they would have to go the telepathic human route. I did not like the acting whenever Grodd talked through a human. The CGI for Grodd sucks but must take up a good amount of money.

I don't expect Jessie to stay, she was not mentioned in the future news. I would think a third speedster staying and topping crimes would be mentioned somewhere. Also think it would be selfish of her since Earth 2 is under her protection.

Julian will die because he is involved with Cait. All of her lovers end up dying, that is just fact. Probably be what finally turns her into Killer Frost.

legendkillin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 05:41 AM   #60
Spider-Aziz
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Braggis View Post
Yeah. Didn't Cisco make a Rocky reference after that while they were in their cells? I don't remember but I think he made one of his pop culture references.
If he did, it wasn't one that I got.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lencho01 View Post
Fun episode. My brother joked that we should be prepared for garbage CGI in the next few episodes.

The Jesse and Wally stuff seemed forced.

I hope they have a good explanation for Gypsy.
Bad CGI is to be expected.

I sure want to have a good explanation for Gypsy.

YOUTUBE
My inbox always has room for you. If you want to roast me, advice me, ask me something, clear confusion, or have any words to share.
Spider-Aziz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 05:42 AM   #61
Zant
Side-Kick

Even when they are stuck in Gorilla city, Flash still needs the team's advice to defeat the Gorilla in the arena. Surely this version of Barry can't be this incompetent. We are no longer in the first or second season.

Zant is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 06:41 AM   #62
BlueLanternKal
Super-Lex

Quote:
Originally Posted by legendkillin View Post
I don't expect Jessie to stay, she was not mentioned in the future news. I would think a third speedster staying and topping crimes would be mentioned somewhere. Also think it would be selfish of her since Earth 2 is under her protection.

Julian will die because he is involved with Cait. All of her lovers end up dying, that is just fact. Probably be what finally turns her into Killer Frost.
I think they are slowly setting up 4 Speedsters vs God of Motion. That's why Jesse might stick around. It's all about changing the future right. Keeping Jesse around changes the future.

Also, I don't think they would kill Cait's love interest off yet again. And Julian is a cool character.

New Genesis is a stinking cosmic sewer. I have fouled paradise beyond repair and broken in the mire the shining cities of the gods. I have won! Is this vanity? Then I will remake the entire universe in the image of my soul, Desaad. And when at last I turn to look upon the eternal desolation I have wrought, I will see Darkseid, as in a mirror, and know what fear is. - Darkseid
BlueLanternKal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 09:21 AM   #63
shabadoo25

This was a fun, good episode other than the "powers don't work in the cages" plot hole. Caitlin could have frozen the lock/bars to break out just as easy as she froze Barry.

shabadoo25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 11:05 AM   #64
The Shape
In the shadows

I don't usually complain about these kinds of things, but Barry constantly being so dumb is starting to annoy me, along with the fact that there are like 42 people on "Team Flash" and Barry never does anything alone.

Old Today, 11:15 AM   #65
Thome216
Look at my tiny Avatar!

Preempted by basketball, yet again...

Thome216 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 11:17 AM   #66
BlueLanternKal
Super-Lex

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Shape View Post
I don't usually complain about these kinds of things, but Barry constantly being so dumb is starting to annoy me, along with the fact that there are like 42 people on "Team Flash" and Barry never does anything alone.
Unfortunately that's not going to change anytime soon. The STAR Labs crew need something to do other than being wallpaper, so that translates to Barry occasionally being a dumbass that needs tactical advice.

Learn to accept it or develop ulcers (real or metaphorical). Trust me I know from experience.

New Genesis is a stinking cosmic sewer. I have fouled paradise beyond repair and broken in the mire the shining cities of the gods. I have won! Is this vanity? Then I will remake the entire universe in the image of my soul, Desaad. And when at last I turn to look upon the eternal desolation I have wrought, I will see Darkseid, as in a mirror, and know what fear is. - Darkseid
BlueLanternKal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 11:46 AM   #67
legendkillin
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Shape View Post
The CW shows enjoy making the teams too big. This is the same problem with Arrow. Oliver did do things alone for 1 1/2 season now he never works alone.

legendkillin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 02:26 PM   #68
LoganGambit87
Side-Kick

jesse/wally scenes were god awful and terrible acting from both it felt like Nicholas sparks wrote their dialogue lol

cringe city

LoganGambit87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 02:48 PM   #69
The Caped Knight
Shield Avenger

Well Gorilla City didn't disappoint visual on a tv budget that's pretty damn good. I loved see Grodd & Solivar, kinda wished we got more between them definitely Planet of The Apes Caesar vs. koba vibe.

The Caped Knight is offline   Reply With Quote