The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Spider-Man > The Amazing Spider-Man 2

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-21-2013, 03:17 PM   #376
Spider-Aziz
Death Match Taunt
 
Spider-Aziz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 72,580
Default Re: With Great Sequel Comes Great Lounging

In ST's class

__________________
FIGHT CLUB: Marvel vs DC, ANYTHING
STATE YOUR OPINION ON A CHARACTER: MARVEL, DC

YOUTUBE
Michael Keaton's Batman is the ASMR master of superheroes.

The internet: You formed your personal opinion and liked something popular? You are part of the herd. You like something new and unpopular? Cult of the new.
Spider-Aziz is offline  
Old 03-21-2013, 03:37 PM   #377
UltimateWebhead
Black's the new Red&Blue
 
UltimateWebhead's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Phoenix, AZ
Posts: 11,106
Default Re: With Great Sequel Comes Great Lounging

Quote:
Originally Posted by VenomSpawn View Post
Bendis can only write street-level heroes well. He sucks on big team titles like Avengers.
Ultimate is the first Bendis I've read and so far it's very well written. What sucks about his Avengers?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spider-Aziz View Post
Not going to like what? Dude, Ultimate Spider-Man is one of the best comic book series, like ever
Really? I was under the impression that you had dislike for the Ultimate series.

UltimateWebhead is offline  
Old 03-21-2013, 03:48 PM   #378
Vid Electricz
Banned User
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 2,845
Default Re: With Great Sequel Comes Great Lounging

Quote:
Originally Posted by UltimateWebhead View Post
Ultimate is the first Bendis I've read and so far it's very well written. What sucks about his Avengers?

His storytelling and pacing are predictable and stale. All of his characters sound and act the same, all spouting the same imitation Mamet dialogue.

*This goes for all his writing.


Last edited by Vid Electricz; 03-21-2013 at 04:40 PM.
Vid Electricz is offline  
Old 03-21-2013, 04:11 PM   #379
Nicko-Ray
Danger!
 
Nicko-Ray's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: LA, CA
Posts: 8,745
Default Re: With Great Sequel Comes Great Lounging

Quote:
Originally Posted by UltimateWebhead View Post
Ultimate is the first Bendis I've read and so far it's very well written. What sucks about his Avengers?
Yeah USM was my first bendis read. Still reading it..I'm up to the Silver Sable/Vulture stuff. But I really enjoy the Bendis/Bagley combo man. I love the universe they created and you really care about every single character. The feel of a lot of the Oscorp/Hammer/Roxxon stuff is awesome. There's a gloomy/darker vibe to all that stuff and the way it's so secretive feels good.

One of the reasons I love reading USM is because The Amazing Spider-Man has that similar vibe with the Oscorp stuff.

Nicko-Ray is offline  
Old 03-21-2013, 04:24 PM   #380
UltimateWebhead
Black's the new Red&Blue
 
UltimateWebhead's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Phoenix, AZ
Posts: 11,106
Default Re: With Great Sequel Comes Great Lounging

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nickoray View Post
Yeah USM was my first bendis read. Still reading it..I'm up to the Silver Sable/Vulture stuff. But I really enjoy the Bendis/Bagley combo man. I love the universe they created and you really care about every single character. The feel of a lot of the Oscorp/Hammer/Roxxon stuff is awesome. There's a gloomy/darker vibe to all that stuff and the way it's so secretive feels good.

One of the reasons I love reading USM is because The Amazing Spider-Man has that similar vibe with the Oscorp stuff.
ASM def has picked up it's tone from the Ultimate series...and the involvement of Oscorp as an actual character is something that is enjoyable as well.

Ultimate is pretty good though. The writing is well done and I'm really digging Bagley's artwork. I kind of winced at the notion of the Hulk Goblin because it's taking a totally different approach to my favorite villain. While I can't say that UGG is better than 616 GG, actually far from it, I'm not going to say it sucks either. The Ultimate universe is a much harsher, more cut throat world compared to that of 616. The villains are reimagined to fit that atmosphere and it makes sense. I'm glad that they are written in a different light here in this series because a rehash of the same stories from 616 wouldn't be much fun to read. 616 is classic for a reason and I'll always have that version to look back on and read. This new interpretation of the characters is welcomed by me and it's got some neat twists.

I am quite happy that I decided to give the Ultimate series a chance despite the nagging criticisms I've heard. It was worth it.

UltimateWebhead is offline  
Old 03-21-2013, 04:52 PM   #381
Spider-Aziz
Death Match Taunt
 
Spider-Aziz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 72,580
Default Re: With Great Sequel Comes Great Lounging

Quote:
Originally Posted by UltimateWebhead View Post
Really? I was under the impression that you had dislike for the Ultimate series.
Weird. I defend it whenever someone bad mouth it

__________________
FIGHT CLUB: Marvel vs DC, ANYTHING
STATE YOUR OPINION ON A CHARACTER: MARVEL, DC

YOUTUBE
Michael Keaton's Batman is the ASMR master of superheroes.

The internet: You formed your personal opinion and liked something popular? You are part of the herd. You like something new and unpopular? Cult of the new.
Spider-Aziz is offline  
Old 03-21-2013, 05:05 PM   #382
Nicko-Ray
Danger!
 
Nicko-Ray's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: LA, CA
Posts: 8,745
Default Re: With Great Sequel Comes Great Lounging

Quote:
Originally Posted by UltimateWebhead View Post
ASM def has picked up it's tone from the Ultimate series...and the involvement of Oscorp as an actual character is something that is enjoyable as well.

Ultimate is pretty good though. The writing is well done and I'm really digging Bagley's artwork. I kind of winced at the notion of the Hulk Goblin because it's taking a totally different approach to my favorite villain. While I can't say that UGG is better than 616 GG, actually far from it, I'm not going to say it sucks either. The Ultimate universe is a much harsher, more cut throat world compared to that of 616. The villains are reimagined to fit that atmosphere and it makes sense. I'm glad that they are written in a different light here in this series because a rehash of the same stories from 616 wouldn't be much fun to read. 616 is classic for a reason and I'll always have that version to look back on and read. This new interpretation of the characters is welcomed by me and it's got some neat twists.

I am quite happy that I decided to give the Ultimate series a chance despite the nagging criticisms I've heard. It was worth it.
Glad I did.

Yeah I forgot where, but there's a video interview with Marc Webb admiting that they "took some of the Oscorp stuff" from Ultimate Spider-Man. Which makes sense, the whole Richard Parker/Dr. Connors stuff and cross species genetics is similar to the Richard Parker/Eddie Brock Sr. stuff with their "suit".
And Marc Webb says that he wanted Oscorp to be his Tower of Babel, where all bad things emerge from there. That's why I like Ultimate is because most bad things come from an industrial company of some sort.

Can't agree with you more on the GG stuff. Yes, USM has a different take on the Goblin, but like you said, USM is full of twists. I feel like that's what reboots/reimaginings are. Of course you have some root stuff to stick with, but the twists make it it's own identity. And they're fun.

Nicko-Ray is offline  
Old 03-21-2013, 05:58 PM   #383
VenomSpawn
WAAAAAAAAA
 
VenomSpawn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: New York
Posts: 6,223
Default Re: With Great Sequel Comes Great Lounging



I have never seen something so incredible in my entire life

__________________
VenomSpawn is offline  
Old 03-21-2013, 07:06 PM   #384
Anno_Domini
Banned User
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 17,997
Default Re: With Great Sequel Comes Great Lounging



****ing brilliant.

"This is me giving a ****."

Anno_Domini is offline  
Old 03-21-2013, 07:08 PM   #385
VenomSpawn
WAAAAAAAAA
 
VenomSpawn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: New York
Posts: 6,223
Default Re: With Great Sequel Comes Great Lounging

I hope that video being called "Vol. 1" means he's doing another one soon.

__________________
VenomSpawn is offline  
Old 03-21-2013, 07:10 PM   #386
Anno_Domini
Banned User
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 17,997
Default Re: With Great Sequel Comes Great Lounging

On the link, he said he'll be doing more if people send him more Spidey memes. And he has a lot of Digital Underground vids on his YT page too...even more awesome, lol.

Anno_Domini is offline  
Old 03-21-2013, 10:40 PM   #387
Doctor Who
KIDNEYS!!!
 
Doctor Who's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Glendale, AZ
Posts: 6,438
Default Re: With Great Sequel Comes Great Lounging

Quote:
Originally Posted by VenomSpawn View Post


I have never seen something so incredible in my entire life
Life is now complete.

__________________
ben: hello im ben...
http://forums.superherohype.com/showthread.php?t=453945
Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:

______________
\__\_l_l_/__/
\_______/
l_
l

THE LEGEND ENDS

JULY 20TH 2012
Doctor Who is offline  
Old 03-21-2013, 11:34 PM   #388
AF3619
You´re those Spider-guys!
 
AF3619's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: México
Posts: 8,186
Default Re: With Great Sequel Comes Great Lounging

anyone knows what happened to RIM Real Iron Man? after his TASM opinion i´ve never seen him in any other thread

__________________
avvy by Hunter Rider
AF3619 is offline  
Old 03-22-2013, 12:33 AM   #389
Spider-Aziz
Death Match Taunt
 
Spider-Aziz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 72,580
Default Re: With Great Sequel Comes Great Lounging

Lol, that video is awesome

@AF3619: I think he commented on Avengers:EMH then took a leave of abscense from the boards

__________________
FIGHT CLUB: Marvel vs DC, ANYTHING
STATE YOUR OPINION ON A CHARACTER: MARVEL, DC

YOUTUBE
Michael Keaton's Batman is the ASMR master of superheroes.

The internet: You formed your personal opinion and liked something popular? You are part of the herd. You like something new and unpopular? Cult of the new.
Spider-Aziz is offline  
Old 03-22-2013, 12:34 AM   #390
Nathan
...
 
Nathan's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Posts: 49,337
Default Re: With Great Sequel Comes Great Lounging

Quote:
Originally Posted by VenomSpawn View Post


I have never seen something so incredible in my entire life
"What? I'm out of work."

__________________
I am the HYPE!
Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:
Nathan is offline  
Old 03-22-2013, 04:28 AM   #391
Oscorp
Side-Kick
 
Oscorp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 10,403
Default Re: With Great Sequel Comes Great Lounging

Quote:
Originally Posted by VenomSpawn View Post


I have never seen something so incredible in my entire life
Oh man I so love that guy! His voice IS Spider-Man's to me!

Oscorp is offline  
Old 03-22-2013, 12:37 PM   #392
UltimateWebhead
Black's the new Red&Blue
 
UltimateWebhead's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Phoenix, AZ
Posts: 11,106
Default Re: With Great Sequel Comes Great Lounging

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spider-Aziz View Post
Weird. I defend it whenever someone bad mouth it
My mistake then. I apologize. I must have been confusing you with another poster.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nickoray View Post
Glad I did.

Yeah I forgot where, but there's a video interview with Marc Webb admiting that they "took some of the Oscorp stuff" from Ultimate Spider-Man. Which makes sense, the whole Richard Parker/Dr. Connors stuff and cross species genetics is similar to the Richard Parker/Eddie Brock Sr. stuff with their "suit".
And Marc Webb says that he wanted Oscorp to be his Tower of Babel, where all bad things emerge from there. That's why I like Ultimate is because most bad things come from an industrial company of some sort.

Can't agree with you more on the GG stuff. Yes, USM has a different take on the Goblin, but like you said, USM is full of twists. I feel like that's what reboots/reimaginings are. Of course you have some root stuff to stick with, but the twists make it it's own identity. And they're fun.


Quote:
Originally Posted by VenomSpawn View Post


I have never seen something so incredible in my entire life
LOL. How awesome. "Rule 1 : F**k you, I am Spider-man."

UltimateWebhead is offline  
Old 03-22-2013, 01:26 PM   #393
Spider-Aziz
Death Match Taunt
 
Spider-Aziz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 72,580
Default Re: With Great Sequel Comes Great Lounging

Quote:
Originally Posted by UltimateWebhead View Post
My mistake then. I apologize. I must have been confusing you with another poster.
Stuff happens
I got really excited reading Web is a huge fan of Ultimate Spider-Man, got even more excited seeing some pieces showing Ultimate Spider-Man inspiration

__________________
FIGHT CLUB: Marvel vs DC, ANYTHING
STATE YOUR OPINION ON A CHARACTER: MARVEL, DC

YOUTUBE
Michael Keaton's Batman is the ASMR master of superheroes.

The internet: You formed your personal opinion and liked something popular? You are part of the herd. You like something new and unpopular? Cult of the new.
Spider-Aziz is offline  
Old 03-22-2013, 02:07 PM   #394
UltimateWebhead
Black's the new Red&Blue
 
UltimateWebhead's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Phoenix, AZ
Posts: 11,106
Default Re: With Great Sequel Comes Great Lounging

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spider-Aziz View Post
Stuff happens
I got really excited reading Web is a huge fan of Ultimate Spider-Man, got even more excited seeing some pieces showing Ultimate Spider-Man inspiration
Yeah man. The overall tone of Webb's ASM seems to be lifted straight from the pages of Ultimate.

UltimateWebhead is offline  
Old 03-22-2013, 02:11 PM   #395
Spider-Aziz
Death Match Taunt
 
Spider-Aziz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 72,580
Default Re: With Great Sequel Comes Great Lounging

Quote:
Originally Posted by UltimateWebhead View Post
Yeah man. The overall tone of Webb's ASM seems to be lifted straight from the pages of Ultimate.
Pretty awesome, tbh I looked forward to see USM the movie since 2006

__________________
FIGHT CLUB: Marvel vs DC, ANYTHING
STATE YOUR OPINION ON A CHARACTER: MARVEL, DC

YOUTUBE
Michael Keaton's Batman is the ASMR master of superheroes.

The internet: You formed your personal opinion and liked something popular? You are part of the herd. You like something new and unpopular? Cult of the new.
Spider-Aziz is offline  
Old 03-22-2013, 02:17 PM   #396
UltimateWebhead
Black's the new Red&Blue
 
UltimateWebhead's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Phoenix, AZ
Posts: 11,106
Default Re: With Great Sequel Comes Great Lounging

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spider-Aziz View Post
Pretty awesome, tbh I looked forward to see USM the movie since 2006
I forget, please remind me of your opinion of ASM? Did you enjoy the movie?

UltimateWebhead is offline  
Old 03-24-2013, 11:33 AM   #397
Spider-Aziz
Death Match Taunt
 
Spider-Aziz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 72,580
Default Re: With Great Sequel Comes Great Lounging

Quote:
Originally Posted by UltimateWebhead View Post
I forget, please remind me of your opinion of ASM? Did you enjoy the movie?
Enjoyed it enough on second view to give it a 9
Third and fourth view it was 7.8 again

__________________
FIGHT CLUB: Marvel vs DC, ANYTHING
STATE YOUR OPINION ON A CHARACTER: MARVEL, DC

YOUTUBE
Michael Keaton's Batman is the ASMR master of superheroes.

The internet: You formed your personal opinion and liked something popular? You are part of the herd. You like something new and unpopular? Cult of the new.
Spider-Aziz is offline  
Old 03-24-2013, 02:46 PM   #398
UltimateWebhead
Black's the new Red&Blue
 
UltimateWebhead's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Phoenix, AZ
Posts: 11,106
Default Re: With Great Sequel Comes Great Lounging

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spider-Aziz View Post
Enjoyed it enough on second view to give it a 9
Third and fourth view it was 7.8 again
That's cool. After many viewings I still have my rating at about 8.5. So, it seems we're pretty close on how we like the film.

UltimateWebhead is offline  
Old 03-24-2013, 03:20 PM   #399
Spider-Aziz
Death Match Taunt
 
Spider-Aziz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 72,580
Default Re: With Great Sequel Comes Great Lounging

EDIT: The one on the other end of this post probably won't post again

__________________
FIGHT CLUB: Marvel vs DC, ANYTHING
STATE YOUR OPINION ON A CHARACTER: MARVEL, DC

YOUTUBE
Michael Keaton's Batman is the ASMR master of superheroes.

The internet: You formed your personal opinion and liked something popular? You are part of the herd. You like something new and unpopular? Cult of the new.

Last edited by Spider-Aziz; 03-25-2013 at 11:14 AM.
Spider-Aziz is offline  
Old 03-24-2013, 03:49 PM   #400
GENERAL RAAM582
A Rebellion Built on Hope
 
GENERAL RAAM582's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: NJ, USA
Posts: 12,526
Default Re: With Great Sequel Comes Great Lounging

My rating is still a 9.

GENERAL RAAM582 is offline  
Closed Thread

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:55 AM.

monitoring_string = "dee460792f24517621e3ca080805de7e"



Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
SuperHeroHype.com is a property of Mandatory Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2018 All Rights Reserved.