The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Fandom Come > Fan Art

Old 09-19-2009, 04:46 PM   #526
webhead9707
Dr. Perky

Default Re: Keith_v's Fan Art

sweet!

By day, a normal mild mannered fellow. By night, he is Dr. Perky, a brutal vigilante known for breaking the limbs of the corrupt and heartless....all while in a cuddly bear costume. BEWARE BE BEAR!!!!! Summer 2011.
My Deviantart
PSN ID:NerdHerd9707
I won't push it on you but if you'd like to ask me about Christ, I'm here.
webhead9707 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2009, 05:23 PM   #527
Thundarr
Side-Kick

Dude, I've only read the first page of your thread and I have to say your artwork kicks ass. Maybe you and I can collaberate on a project together. I've written a fan fic of Thundarr The Barbarian, and I would love it if an artist of your calibre were to do the illustrations of the story. Not scene for scene mind you (unless you want to turn it into a comic book, which would also be very cool), but at least one key scene from each of the 13 chapters. Anyway, just thought I'd ask. Let me know what you think.

Thundarr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2009, 02:36 AM   #528
Thundarr
Side-Kick

Here's a little art project I would love to do if I had the talent and the ability, and I thought you might like to try it on my behalf (feel free to say no). But I always thought that the classic 1977 Star Wars movie poster would make for an awsome Thundarr The Barbarian movie poster.

You just have to turn Luke into Thundarr. Change the handle of Luke's lightsaber so that it resembles Thundarr's Sunsword. Change Princess Leia into Princess Ariel. Replace R2D2 and C3PO with Ookla the mok. Change Darth Vader into Gemini. Change the Death Star into the broken moon. Take the fleet of X-Wing Fighters out of the picture completely. And change the title from Star Wars to Thundarr The Barbarian. And there you go, a Thundarr movie poster.

The same could be done with the poster for Beastmaster .

Just change Dar's sword into the Sunsword. Change Dar into Thundarr. Change Kiri into Princess Ariel. Replace Ruh with Ookla. Replace that giant spy ring with Gemini's face glaring down at them. And replace the Beastmaster title with Thundarr The Barbarian. Again instant Thundarr movie poster.

This would be excessively difficult for me. You might find it relatively easy. Let me know if you want to do this. If so, please post them on the various Thundarr threads so we can all enjoy them. That would be so awsome.

Thundarr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2009, 08:47 PM   #529
Buford The Sly
Hit'n the deck

Quote:
Originally Posted by keith_v View Post
I'm actually a big fan of Stephen King's sci-fi stuff. I do have the Dark Tower comics, I just haven't gotten around to reading them yet. I think the last book I read was King's The Long Walk (an awesome book!).

I drew up a few sketches of the truck the soldiers drive in, but none of them came out too good. I would like to reread the book and then draw some really detailed concepts of the soldiers and their truck, maybe a little less traditional military style and more like the guards in Equilibrium.
The Running Man was actually my favorite short story he's done. I wish they would have made the movie more like the book. The Long Walk is also very good. If your into fantasy A Song of Ice and Fire by George RR Martin is the best fantasy series going. Better than Lord of the Rings in my opinion. If you have a chance to post those sketches, I'd love to see 'em. Keep up the good work.

Buford The Sly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2009, 10:38 PM   #530
keith_v
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by webhead9707 View Post
sweet!
I'm excited to get all of my projects done so I can work on the Hobgoblin pic! I think I might do it in a different style from my other stuff. I want to get a little experimental.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buford The Sly View Post
The Running Man was actually my favorite short story he's done. I wish they would have made the movie more like the book. The Long Walk is also very good. If your into fantasy A Song of Ice and Fire by George RR Martin is the best fantasy series going. Better than Lord of the Rings in my opinion. If you have a chance to post those sketches, I'd love to see 'em. Keep up the good work.
I have the Running Man but haven't gotten the chance to read it yet. Fantasy has never really been my thing, though I do enjoy Steampunk styled fables and modern day fantasy tales. But if there were any fantasy I was diehard over, I guess it would be Harryheusen (spelling?) fantasy films. Though always serve as a great source of inspiration for creature designs. I'd have to go digging for those designs, but if I do come across them, I'll definetely scan them in and post them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thundarr View Post
Dude, I've only read the first page of your thread and I have to say your artwork kicks ass. Maybe you and I can collaberate on a project together. I've written a fan fic of Thundarr The Barbarian, and I would love it if an artist of your calibre were to do the illustrations of the story. Not scene for scene mind you (unless you want to turn it into a comic book, which would also be very cool), but at least one key scene from each of the 13 chapters. Anyway, just thought I'd ask. Let me know what you think.

Thank you for the compliments!

I'm going to be honest and upfront with you, unless you're an established writer or producer or director or developer, I won't work for free. And what you're asking for would cost over $1000. And though I may make the work I do look easy, I assure you it isn't. It's hours of trial and error and studying form and compisition in a highly mathematical matter. I generally only post my finished, polished work. What you don't see are the hundreds of notebook pages filled with sketches and rough designs that I've spent years working on, changing and tracing, eventually putting them away never to be seen again. What is seen on this forum is about 5% of my work. Another 5% of my stuff is artwork done mainly for school that is only seen by a few people, and the rest (90%)of it is used as excercise tools for me to challenge myself and practice with (the vast majority of this 90% as only been seen by me).

keith_v is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2009, 10:42 PM   #531
keith_v
Side-Kick

Here's a new pic I did for my Advirtising class...

The project was to take an existing product or service and give it a new use, and then design an ad. This was heavily inspired by the GI JOE toon of the 80's mixed with Highlights magezine.

Old 09-26-2009, 12:43 AM   #532
Comic_maniac
Hi

haha, nice

Comic_maniac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2009, 07:17 AM   #533
webhead9707
Dr. Perky

Quote:
I'm excited to get all of my projects done so I can work on the Hobgoblin pic! I think I might do it in a different style from my other stuff. I want to get a little experimental.

I have the Running Man but haven't gotten the chance to read it yet. Fantasy has never really been my thing, though I do enjoy Steampunk styled fables and modern day fantasy tales. But if there were any fantasy I was diehard over, I guess it would be Harryheusen (spelling?) fantasy films. Though always serve as a great source of inspiration for creature designs. I'd have to go digging for those designs, but if I do come across them, I'll definetely scan them in and post them.

Thank you for the compliments!

I'm going to be honest and upfront with you, unless you're an established writer or producer or director or developer, I won't work for free. And what you're asking for would cost over $1000. And though I may make the work I do look easy, I assure you it isn't. It's hours of trial and error and studying form and compisition in a highly mathematical matter. I generally only post my finished, polished work. What you don't see are the hundreds of notebook pages filled with sketches and rough designs that I've spent years working on, changing and tracing, eventually putting them away never to be seen again. What is seen on this forum is about 5% of my work. Another 5% of my stuff is artwork done mainly for school that is only seen by a few people, and the rest (90%)of it is used as excercise tools for me to challenge myself and practice with (the vast majority of this 90% as only been seen by me).
awesome

By day, a normal mild mannered fellow. By night, he is Dr. Perky, a brutal vigilante known for breaking the limbs of the corrupt and heartless....all while in a cuddly bear costume. BEWARE BE BEAR!!!!! Summer 2011.
My Deviantart
Old 09-30-2009, 09:01 PM   #534
keith_v
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Comic_maniac View Post
haha, nice
Quote:
awesome

Thanks guys!

Here's a few projects I did for school. The first 2 are poverty awareness posters for Graphic Design II, the third is a calendar page done for Graphic Design I, and the last is a book cover for Graphic Design I.

Old 10-06-2009, 11:14 PM   #535
keith_v
Side-Kick

I just finished up a CD cover, and I thought it would be interesting to post a my process. If you're thinking about doing any type of commission based work but are unsure of how to go about it, this post may help you out...

1. A client emails me with an idea. In this case, it was a CD cover with a zombified Ben Franklin standing in front of a post apocolyptic Philly while holding a burning copy of the Declaration of Independence. I took on the job, and submitted 4 sketches...

2. The chosen entry was #3 with the face of #1, but with the Phillies hat on. I quickly cut the two pics together to give myself a foundation to work on top of...

3. Upon approval of of the design and receiving payment, I got to work on the final image. Instead of doing another drawing, I digitally painted right on top of the sketch, using about a dozen photographic references I pulled from online, and some I took myself...

4. This was the last sketch I submitted to the client before sending him the final copy...

***and here's the final copy***

Old 10-06-2009, 11:16 PM   #536
[A]
Banned User

^ Impressive !

[A] is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2009, 11:26 PM   #537
Texas Zombie
Chill

F N awesome

Texas Zombie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2009, 03:23 PM   #538
Comic_maniac
Hi

Quote:

HOLY CRAP! keith, this is insane.

Old 10-09-2009, 10:40 PM   #539
Buford The Sly
Hit'n the deck

Really like your process sketches...looks great man.

Buford The Sly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2009, 10:53 PM   #540
Bnightwing
Side-Kick

Nice advertising stuff

Bnightwing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2009, 06:09 PM   #541
Phig
Side-Kick

Quote:
freakin awesome man!

um, in other words, very impressive, old boy. the rendering on the face of old mr franklin is especially great. good work!!

Phig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2009, 12:32 AM   #542
B-man
ThunderBack.

very cool work man, your stuff is fantastic.

Old 10-13-2009, 08:45 AM   #543
webhead9707
Dr. Perky

Quote:
I just finished up a CD cover, and I thought it would be interesting to post a my process. If you're thinking about doing any type of commission based work but are unsure of how to go about it, this post may help you out...

1. A client emails me with an idea. In this case, it was a CD cover with a zombified Ben Franklin standing in front of a post apocolyptic Philly while holding a burning copy of the Declaration of Independence. I took on the job, and submitted 4 sketches...

2. The chosen entry was #3 with the face of #1, but with the Phillies hat on. I quickly cut the two pics together to give myself a foundation to work on top of...

3. Upon approval of of the design and receiving payment, I got to work on the final image. Instead of doing another drawing, I digitally painted right on top of the sketch, using about a dozen photographic references I pulled from online, and some I took myself...

4. This was the last sketch I submitted to the client before sending him the final copy...

woah!!!!

My Deviantart
Old 10-13-2009, 09:00 AM   #544
Fading
?(°^°)?

I'm very impressed as well. It's also always fun to see a good artists steps and thought processes laid out like that. Keep up the good work.

Old 10-17-2009, 02:51 AM   #545
keith_v
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by [A] View Post
^ Impressive !
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lots o lafs View Post
F N awesome
Quote:
Originally Posted by Comic_maniac View Post
HOLY CRAP! keith, this is insane.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buford The Sly View Post
Really like your process sketches...looks great man.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bnightwing View Post
Nice advertising stuff
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phig View Post
freakin awesome man!

um, in other words, very impressive, old boy. the rendering on the face of old mr franklin is especially great. good work!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by B-man View Post
very cool work man, your stuff is fantastic.
Quote:
woah!!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by FadingCB View Post
I'm very impressed as well. It's also always fun to see a good artists steps and thought processes laid out like that. Keep up the good work.

Thank guys! With school weighing me down, I haven't had much time to do digital pieces (except for some coloring work om B-Man's Scarlet Spider), but I've has some time to work on and polish a lot of sketches. I did a quick redesign of black suited Spidey, and I'm working on my Hobgoblin redesign. I'm hoping to scan these sketches and touch them up digitally.

I know I told Webhead the Hobgoblin piece was going to be a sketch, but I'm planning on really pushing the piece to be a top notch painting, sort of in line with the Bayonetta piece. I have his face sketched out, and also a ishot of his upper body. I still have to draw out him on his glider.

Old 10-17-2009, 03:05 PM   #546
Texas Zombie
Chill

Awesome, can't wait.

Old 10-24-2009, 10:53 PM   #547
keith_v
Side-Kick

I just realized I never posted these. Just a few designs I did a while ago. None of them are anything great, but just something to look at. I'm kinda of thinking about possiblly redoing some of these...

Old 10-24-2009, 11:59 PM   #548
Texas Zombie
Chill

Tight, and awesome. Thqt is all

Old 10-25-2009, 01:08 AM   #549
Comic_maniac
Hi

those are pretty bamf

Old 11-04-2009, 08:22 PM   #550
Burai
New World Samurai

First time in this thread. Insane colours, dude. Truly insane. Keep posting!

Burai is offline   Reply With Quote