The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > TV Series > Batwoman

Old 08-15-2018, 09:24 PM   #151
Milk Tray Guy
70s Man of Action

Default Re: Ruby Rose IS Batwoman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snow Queen View Post
I don't see why they wouldn't use a wig. She uses one in costume in the comics...
Black Canary's also done it.

"It's funny, isn't it? A life of truth, justice and the American, military, capitalist way. In the end, you die on the moon, wondering if your bowels will let go. And tomorrow, the world will go on like nothing happened. Dragged kicking and screaming to a better day." Manchester Black - Superman vs The Elite
Milk Tray Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2018, 09:33 PM   #152
Snow Queen
4AF

Quote:
Originally Posted by Milk Tray Guy View Post
Black Canary's also done it.
That's a fair point.

Snow Queen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2018, 09:53 PM   #153
Thome216
Look at my tiny Avatar!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Raven View Post
Well that's what some of the Netflix Marvel shows are.

And even in the first season of Arrow he wasn't even Green Arrow in name. He was the Hood. And he didn't even wear a mask but black paint.

And in Smallville, Clark referred to himself as the Red/Blue Blur, and then the Blur (or was it the other way round?).

But really, why does she need to wear a wig as Batwoman if she has short hair? If she had long hair and she wore it out, then she might want to cover up her hair so people can't see its real colour.

But if she has short hair, then that's like Bruce Wayne deciding to wear a long wig while he's Batman just in case people think he's Bruce Wayne. But since they can't see what colour hair he has under that cowl, then why would it matter?

If Kate Kane hides her hair under her cowl, then is she just wearing the wig for vanity? And she could really have any colour out there on different days of the week. Red, black, blonde, brown, white. She could even have pink or green one week.

Those are also stories of the heroes initial journey. When they are finding the way in which they will identify themselves as well as how they will look. If they end up doing this, showing the character becoming the Batwoman we see in the comics then I would fine with that.

Especially if it's so that there will be no Batman in relation to her character. He was the arch-type for her look, so unless they come upon her fully fledged in the crossover, they would have to show her progressing to it. That's why I really hope they merge their origins together (if there is no Batman at all on whichever universe she ends up in.) If she is that universes Batman, then using his origin and the reason for the batsuit is easily acceptable. To me anyway...

As to the wig, it's as much costume as the mask. It just further muddles the description of the vigilante (same as with Black Canary) and I think could even be considered iconic. It's such a strong visual difference from Batman, that when I think of Batwoman, and not so much Kate Kane, I imagine that shock of red hair that echoes the red in her suit.

Plus, I think if they just had her wearing a smooth cowl, people might accuse her of looking too much like Batman. Or Batgirl. Batwoman has the red hair.

Came across this on the Twit.

Last edited by Thome216; 08-15-2018 at 09:57 PM.
Thome216 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2018, 09:59 PM   #154
Milk Tray Guy
70s Man of Action

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thome216 View Post
Came across this on the Twit.

Nice pic. I'll be surprised if the costume looks that good though!

"It's funny, isn't it? A life of truth, justice and the American, military, capitalist way. In the end, you die on the moon, wondering if your bowels will let go. And tomorrow, the world will go on like nothing happened. Dragged kicking and screaming to a better day." Manchester Black - Superman vs The Elite
Old 08-15-2018, 10:01 PM   #155
Thome216
Look at my tiny Avatar!

I'm really hoping they put a lot into it. That pic is just missing the mask.

Old 08-15-2018, 10:10 PM   #156
Milk Tray Guy
70s Man of Action

I'm hoping that the fact this is freakin' Batwoman will convince them to go the extra mile with the costume. If it's as good as Robin's costume on Titans I'll be pretty happy.

Old 08-15-2018, 10:15 PM   #157
Thome216
Look at my tiny Avatar!

With all the shows, the suits of the central heroes all turn out to be pretty good. I'm hoping it'll continue here.

Old 08-16-2018, 01:51 AM   #158
XStreme Skins
Side-Kick

When I heard about Batwoman being in the crossover and getting her own show i was indifferent to the news. After Ruby Rose was cast it piqued my interest in the character. I can't explain but she seems right for the role. If she is good in the crossover I will give her show a go.

XStreme Skins is offline   Reply With Quote