The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > TV Series > Jessica Jones

Old 08-14-2018, 01:08 PM   #676
dmcreif
Side-Kick

Default Re: Jessica Jones General Discussion Thread - Part 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spider-Fan View Post
I feel like in season 3, no doubt Jessica and Trish will start as rivals. Trish very well may be an antagonist of sorts, but I think in the end, their bond as sisters will win out. I don't see Jessica killing Trish or anything like that. I think Jessica may think it will come to that, only to realize she is wrong.

Next season is going to be messy. But that is what I love about this show: it deals with messy topics in a great way.

Yeah, Trish as a villain would never work. Trish and Jessica care for each other too much that they won't kill or hurt each other in a really bad way. And having Trish as a villain would mirror Season 2 too much, with a lot of the conflict stemming from family. I think that whatever the threat is in season 3, it would make more sense to have Jessica and Trish both going after it and thwarting each other as they butt heads, with the impetus being a mix of Jessica still not being able to look at Trish because of her choices as well as her judging Trish's techniques as a newbie hero without yet understanding the responsibility that comes with her abilities and how it could lead her to become no better than the bad guys. This could come to a head where Trish finally gets it and tries to get Jessica to take her on as a peer/sidekick to teach her, which will be a long road of refusals that ultimately ends in concession and Jessica forgiving Trish, due to the nature of the threat they are up against.

With Malcolm, he'll likely come back to work for Jessica once he begins to take issue with the sorts of things that Cheng tasks him with doing, and will come to realize he misses working with Jessica and thus go back to her.

Last edited by dmcreif; 08-14-2018 at 01:12 PM.
dmcreif is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2018, 01:13 PM   #677
dmcreif
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheVileOne View Post
So what? That's never prevented changes before. Rafael Scarfe was always a good guy and was one of the good ones in the comics. Not in the TV show.

After Season 2 of Jessica Jones it makes a lot of sense considering where it left both character. She already rejected Trish at the end of Season 2.

They are only sisters by choice, but not by blood. That doesn't mean the bond can't be shattered.

As I had said, I feel that Jessica MUST forgive Trish by the end of season 3, and it would be out of character for her to reject Trish.

Old 08-14-2018, 01:14 PM   #678
Spider-Fan
SHHFFL 2014 Champion
SHH! Global Moderator

I too think they cannot complete season 3 without them forgiving each other. I think that has to happen.

Spider-Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2018, 01:26 PM   #679
dmcreif
Side-Kick

What I think a lot of people forget is that Trish is not only a recovering drug addict, but also a freaking child rape survivor (not to mention what other traumas she had to face from her narcissist mother). So the people who are demonizing Trish are completely ignoring the entire reasoning of why she's acting the way she is to begin with. She's probably just as mentally messed up as Jessica. It's this little thing we call "character development" where characters evolve, they don't always make the right choices, and they don't always stay likeable.

Last edited by dmcreif; 08-14-2018 at 01:31 PM.
Old 08-14-2018, 04:24 PM   #680
TheVileOne
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmcreif View Post
What I think a lot of people forget is that Trish is not only a recovering drug addict, but also a freaking child rape survivor (not to mention what other traumas she had to face from her narcissist mother). So the people who are demonizing Trish are completely ignoring the entire reasoning of why she's acting the way she is to begin with. She's probably just as mentally messed up as Jessica. It's this little thing we call "character development" where characters evolve, they don't always make the right choices, and they don't always stay likeable.
Jessica didn't forgive her at the end of season 2. Why should I? A lot of people have had tough lives. At one point do you stop making excuses when they continue to do self destructive and terrible things.

- CM Punk
TheVileOne is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2018, 02:45 AM   #681
Geowolf
Side-Kick

Quote:
Jessica didn't forgive her at the end of season 2. Why should I? A lot of people have had tough lives. At one point do you stop making excuses when they continue to do self destructive and terrible things.
I do agree with your assessment, only Jessica also has blood in her ledger, but it is human to respond and not forgive her (for now) the way that she did. There is more similarities between Jessica and Trish than you first see, on the outside they are very different and the first character layer also, but under that are similar things from troubled pasts. I hope those similarities will come to the surface and point them in the same direction again. (towards a possible a season 3 big baddy)

Geowolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2018, 12:09 AM   #682
XStreme Skins
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iceman View Post
I would have thought many people who didn't like season 2 but did like season 1, would still be up for season 3. The S2 stuff was like a big one-off event that can't be repeated rather than what we can expect as the norm.
I loved season 1 but am bleh towards 2. The main reason 1 was the best run out of all the MN shows was it had the best villian; Kilgrave. Him not being on the show left a big void.

Although if Jessica and Trish start out as super rivals; competing to see who the better super hero is, it would be a big step up from last season.

Last edited by XStreme Skins; 08-16-2018 at 02:27 AM.
XStreme Skins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2018, 05:19 PM   #683
Iceman
Infinity War!

Quote:
Originally Posted by XStreme Skins View Post
I loved season 1 but am bleh towards 2. The main reason 1 was the best run out of all the MN shows was it had the best villian; Kilgrave. Him not being on the show left a big void.

Although if Jessica and Trish start out as super rivals; competing to see who the better super hero is, it would be a big step up from last season.
Yeah, he is going to be very hard to replace in the villain stakes. Same for me though, seeing Trish and Jess as rivals now will be a nice boost for the show. I still love Ritter in the role.

Old 08-16-2018, 11:25 PM   #684
dmcreif
Side-Kick

Quote:
My guess is that Jessica will probably not even think about talking to Trish until she has fully mourned her mother. I think Jessica understood at some level that Alisa's death was a possible outcome of this situation. But at the same time, I'd also say that Jessica is still a long way from reaching that level of emotional distance, and if anything, I imagine that Trish understands that.

Now, at the same time, Jessica spent over 17 years thinking her mother was dead. However, as much as Jessica bonded with her mom over the course of the season, Alisa was still, much like Elektra was to Matt in The Defenders or even Harold Meachum was to Joy in Iron Fist, only a shell of the person Jessica remembered. That may help Jessica heal somewhat quickly, and once that happens, she may reach out to Trish, or more likely, be willing to allow Trish to reach out to her.

It's also important to note, if it hasn't already been mentioned, but Trish and Jessica have managed to reconcile from previous falling outs before, as the "Cray-Cray" flashbacks showed, and they are always going to need each other for emotional support.

Old Yesterday, 11:16 PM   #685
TheVileOne
Side-Kick

Previous fallouts are a bit different than putting down your mother.

- CM Punk
TheVileOne is online now   Reply With Quote