Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > General Movies > Marvel Films

Closed Thread

Old 12-13-2017, 10:24 PM   #226
DACrowe
Side-Kick

Default Re: Disney in talks to buy Fox: X-Men Homecoming? - Part 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by psylockolussus View Post
Well if I was a big Spidey fan, I would be pissed if Black Cat is making a film appearance and Spider-Man is not even mentioned or seen. Same thing, with Daredevil and Iron Fist not being featured in the movies, if I was a major fan, I wouldn't be happy.

I've read the Inhumans comics to prepare myself for the movie and I am pissed how things ended.
I'd be pissed for many reasons if I had to read an Inhumans comic.

Seriously though, I actually preferred Spidey comics growing up over any of them, and I quite like Felicia more than most Spidey fans. However, there are so many superhero movies (and there have been worse crimes against Spidey on screen like TASM movies, which ruined the Death of Gwen Stacy and the Lizard). Besides Black Cat really doesn't work with the MCU Spidey. She works better when he is out of high school and more of a veteran than a rookie, and who knows if we'll ever get that in the MCU.

It's a shame Sony is ruining the Black Cat, but I can't get annoyed about it really. It's strange.

--John Adams
Old 12-13-2017, 10:28 PM   #227
Krystal
Side-Kick

Tomorrow is my birthday. Yeah, I always got the "combined gift"

But as gifts go -- this gift covers both holidays nicely.

Only problem with the Christmas Eve analogy is that when those of us in the Eastern Time Zone wake up -- Santa will not yet have arrived. Because this is going to be announced in the Pacific Time Zone and certainly not in the early AM.

Maybe I'll sleep till 3PM

Old 12-13-2017, 10:31 PM   #228
AndrewGilkison
Side-Kick

Black Cat only "doesn't work with the MCU Spidey" if you only consider her as a possible love interest for Spidey, which she doesn't have to be. I think it would be fun to see a teenage boy Peter Parker having to deal with the confident hot Felicia and being out of his depth. I don't need her to be a love interest.

Old 12-13-2017, 10:45 PM   #229
psylockolussus
Fierce User

Quote:
Originally Posted by DACrowe View Post
I'd be pissed for many reasons if I had to read an Inhumans comic.

Seriously though, I actually preferred Spidey comics growing up over any of them, and I quite like Felicia more than most Spidey fans. However, there are so many superhero movies (and there have been worse crimes against Spidey on screen like TASM movies, which ruined the Death of Gwen Stacy and the Lizard). Besides Black Cat really doesn't work with the MCU Spidey. She works better when he is out of high school and more of a veteran than a rookie, and who knows if we'll ever get that in the MCU.

It's a shame Sony is ruining the Black Cat, but I can't get annoyed about it really. It's strange.
I'm watching 90's Tas right now, and I think she could have been a love interest with a twist especially with her transformation as the Black cat. Anyway I hated the "new" characters and some of the casting in Homecoming and would have been happy if Felicia Hardy was in the film. Love interest or not.

Old 12-13-2017, 10:51 PM   #230
DACrowe
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndrewGilkison View Post
Black Cat only "doesn't work with the MCU Spidey" if you only consider her as a possible love interest for Spidey, which she doesn't have to be. I think it would be fun to see a teenage boy Peter Parker having to deal with the confident hot Felicia and being out of his depth. I don't need her to be a love interest.
I think a critical aspect of them is that they become partners, romantic or not, and he is the veteran who kind of persuades her to give up crime in favor of being a hero, or at least anti-heroine. Yes, they did it with a romance in the comics, but they did it without one on TAS and it worked there better than when Spectacular Spider-Man did it the way you're saying.

I think she gets him out of his comfort zone (and yes as a love interest it is a nice change of pace where she prefers Spidey as opposed to the mask being a hinderance for Pete's personal life). But I think it is important he also imparts something to her, which is what makes their partnership even after he married MJ in the comics so unique and charming without the romance.

You cannot do that if he is the teen kid who is too much of a screw up to be quite ready for primetime. And it would appear that is how they are going to do Spidey for at least the first three solo movies in the MCU.

--John Adams
Old 12-13-2017, 11:12 PM   #231
Marvel united
Avenger

So excited for tomorrow. Everybody at work is going to be wondering "Why is this man so giddy" but then again, everybody knows I'm a huge Marvel fan.

Old 12-14-2017, 12:14 AM   #232
ImSGirl95
Doreen Green

So, it already is Thursday over here.

"You think of Marvel as the biggest studio in the world, but it’s really just Kevin [Feige] and his two friends... he's all about making something that entertains people but leaves you with something to think about."
Old 12-14-2017, 12:34 AM   #233
TheVileOne
Side-Kick

The new animated Spider-Man series introduced Black Cat already. It would easily work. It's not complicated.

- CM Punk
Old 12-14-2017, 12:37 AM   #234
TheVileOne
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by sleekstereo View Post
Yup called this. It's going to be years before we start seeing major changes. And then there's still a chance the government could block it.

- CM Punk
Old 12-14-2017, 12:38 AM   #235
SAUspartan
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheVileOne View Post
Yup called this. It's going to be years before we start seeing major changes. And then there's still a chance the government could block it.
Let’s hope. Then we get a hard R X-23, X-Force...and we can conclude the new Mutants trilogy!

Old 12-14-2017, 12:38 AM   #236
TheVileOne
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zarex View Post
Yes, Fox studio execs can go full steam ahead with their slate of Marvel licensed films, and until the deal is signed refuse to cooperate with Kevin Feige or implement any of his suggestions. Those same execs, though, may not have jobs after the ink is dried.
There is no guarantee they will keep their jobs if they don't tick anyone off.

- CM Punk
Old 12-14-2017, 01:08 AM   #237
Raiden
Wakanda Forever

Quote:
So we won't see a X-Men movie set in MCU years from now, even after the sale is completed?

"I know I'm asking a lot, but the price of freedom is high, it always has been, and it's a price I'm willing to pay. And if I'm the only one, then so be it. But I'm willing to bet I'm not." - Captain America

RIP Vartha
Old 12-14-2017, 01:12 AM   #238
TheVileOne
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raiden View Post
So we won't see a X-Men movie set in MCU years from now, even after the sale is completed?
They won't be legally allowed to do anything. Just because they've announced the deal, until the government approves said deal, they can't touch anything. And until the deal is complete, it will be business as usual.

So everything X-Men in 2018, Phoenix, Deadpool 2, and New Mutants will be released as planned. They can even start making Gambit if they want.

Once everything gets approved, it will still take time to do a new X-Men movie if they want to do one. Hypothetically, 2020 would probably be the earliest we'd see anything.

The point is, it's going to take years to properly integrate these characters back into the MCU.

- CM Punk
Old 12-14-2017, 01:56 AM   #239
Darkraid
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kahran Ramsus View Post
Some of my favorite characters aren't all that popular, so I was happy to be able to play them for once. Like the Runaways and Thunderbolts (although Songbird was in MUA2).
what happened to the TBolts movie?

Old 12-14-2017, 02:22 AM   #240
Dark Raven
The Gal from Themyscira

Quote:
Well where do you use Namor without the X-Men or the Fantastic Four? Unless half of the film revolves around his kingdom, and I can only see an Avengers movie doing a Namor centric film.
I was talking about Avengers Alliance.

Old 12-14-2017, 02:40 AM   #241
spider-neil
spins a web any size!

Variety claim potentially the deal won't be signed and delivered for a year (because of a rigorous government check of the deal).
That means any Marvel movies from Fox properties won't happen until at least Phase 5.
To be honest, that might actually be a good thing.

Old 12-14-2017, 03:45 AM   #242
ImSGirl95
Doreen Green

Quote:
Originally Posted by spider-neil View Post
Variety claim potentially the deal won't be signed and delivered for a year (because of a rigorous government check of the deal).
That means any Marvel movies from Fox properties won't happen until at least Phase 5.
To be honest, that might actually be a good thing.
What? Why? Phase 4 starts 2019/2020. And it will be 3-4 years long. I see them just in time for Phase 4.

"You think of Marvel as the biggest studio in the world, but it’s really just Kevin [Feige] and his two friends... he's all about making something that entertains people but leaves you with something to think about."
Old 12-14-2017, 03:51 AM   #243
Tymminator
The Main Man in Minnesota

Phase 3 went from 2016-2019, so three years.

If the 4th and 5th phases are the same we are talking Phase 4-2020-2023. In that time I bet we will see F4 and the X-Men.

I doubt we will have to wait until phase 5 (2024-2027) to see those characters.

Not to mention, Phase 4 and onward may be longer phases.

Ironman=A, The Incredible Hulk=C+, Ironman 2=B-, Thor=B+, Captain America:The First Avenger=B+, The Avengers=A, Ironman 3=C+, Thor: The Dark World=B-, Captain America:The Winter Soldier=A+, Guardians of the Galaxy=A-, Avengers:Age of Ultron=B, Ant-man=B+, Captain America:Civil War=A, Doctor Strange=B+, Galaxy of the Galaxy Vol 2=B, Spider-man:Homecoming=A-, Thor:Ragnarok=A-,Black Panther=A,Avengers:Infinity War=A, Ant-man & the Wasp=B+, Captain Marvel=?, TA4:??=?, ?=?
Old 12-14-2017, 04:08 AM   #244
ImSGirl95
Doreen Green

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tymminator View Post
Phase 3 went from 2016-2019, so three years.

If the 4th and 5th phases are the same we are talking Phase 4-2020-2023. In that time I bet we will see F4 and the X-Men.

I doubt we will have to wait until phase 5 (2024-2027) to see those characters.

Not to mention, Phase 4 and onward may be longer phases.
Yes, exactly. If something is meant to happen, it will be in Phase 4. No need to wait for Phase 5. Even if this deal takes one year from now, it will still be near end Phase 3/begining of Phase 4.

Old 12-14-2017, 04:56 AM   #245
Zarex
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by SAUspartan View Post
Let’s hope. Then we get a hard R X-23, X-Force...and we can conclude the new Mutants trilogy!
I wouldnt be concerned. As you've said many, many times over the years, the X-Men character rights are NEVER reverting to Marvel Studios.

Quote:
They won't be legally allowed to do anything. Just because they've announced the deal, until the government approves said deal, they can't touch anything. And until the deal is complete, it will be business as usual.

So everything X-Men in 2018, Phoenix, Deadpool 2, and New Mutants will be released as planned. They can even start making Gambit if they want.

Once everything gets approved, it will still take time to do a new X-Men movie if they want to do one. Hypothetically, 2020 would probably be the earliest we'd see anything.

The point is, it's going to take years to properly integrate these characters back into the MCU.
The idea that Disney and Marvel Studios have to take a complete hands off approach regarding Marvel characters licensed to a fellow studio is a bit of an exaggeration. As has been done in the past, the two studios can make deals regarding characters and Marvel can advise Fox on their upcoming film slate.

I think it is likely we'll first see the deal's impact in the Avengers 4 post credit scene, though I wouldn't be surprised if the Super Skrull pops up in Captain Marvel.

Old 12-14-2017, 05:11 AM   #246
Silver Surfer
Power Cosmic

Heck don't be surprised if Reed Richards shows up in Captain Marvel.

Old 12-14-2017, 05:40 AM   #247
Dark Raven
The Gal from Themyscira

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zarex View Post
I wouldnt be concerned. As you've said many, many times over the years, the X-Men character rights are NEVER reverting to Marvel Studios.

The idea that Disney and Marvel Studios have to take a complete hands off approach regarding Marvel characters licensed to a fellow studio is a bit of an exaggeration. As has been done in the past, the two studios can make deals regarding characters and Marvel can advise Fox on their upcoming film slate.

I think it is likely we'll first see the deal's impact in the Avengers 4 post credit scene, though I wouldn't be surprised if the Super Skrull pops up in Captain Marvel.
This. I can understand about Disney using all the other properties, but potentially Fox could even release a film under their (remaining) studio which has all been planned out by Marvel Studios and is designed to fit into the MCU if absolutely necessary.

It seems a bit strange for Fox to simply continue business as before with regard to their Marvel properties. They can't exactly be promoting movies as if these are going to be a trilogy or long-running franchise. They can't even really be talking about sequels when they know that everyone knows that Fox studios will not be continuing. What kind of a charade would this be?

They will just have to wrap up any remaining properties but not planning or starting new ones.

And it would make perfect sense for the FF to debut in Phase 4 rather than Phase 5. It just doesn't have the same ring to it or the same marketing potential.

Old 12-14-2017, 05:55 AM   #248
Leo Zelinsky
Mutie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krystal View Post
Tomorrow is my birthday. Yeah, I always got the "combined gift"
Quote:
I'm watching 90's Tas right now,
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marvel united View Post
So excited for tomorrow.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ImSGirl95 View Post
So, it already is Thursday over here.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raiden View Post

The agreement also provides Disney with the opportunity to reunite the X-Men with the Marvel family under one roof and create richer, more complex worlds of inter-related characters and stories that audiences have shown they love.
Old 12-14-2017, 06:05 AM   #249
Speed Force
There was an idea...

Where are people getting "years" from? Yeah, we all know 2021 will probably be the earliest we see this effect the MCU. But a New Mutants trilogy before? It'll probably be next year when it's official

Old 12-14-2017, 06:07 AM   #250
Orba
Side-Kick

Sky TV are saying it has been announced.

Closed Thread