The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Games > Sony

Old 03-26-2017, 03:30 AM   #151
Bobber
Side-Kick

Default Re: Death Stranding: A Kojima Productions Joint

Quote:
Originally Posted by jokesonm3 View Post
Emma Stone rumours are getting more and more sound by the weeks.

Not sure if this leak from 4chan's real or not, looks awesome though.

I'm pretty sure that concept art is old Sniper Wolf stuff from the MGS1 days.

Bobber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2017, 12:27 AM   #152
DorkyFresh
Sum Dum Goy

Maybe the top right image but the half body sketch is art from after Kojima reformed his production company after leaving Konami.

https://youtu.be/CusLZebv-3k

Skip to the 1:35 mark to see when he talks about the sketch.

Last edited by DorkyFresh; 03-31-2017 at 12:30 AM.
DorkyFresh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2017, 06:02 PM   #153
Spider-Who?
ERMERGERD!

That's definitely gotta be Emma. Between Reedus, Mads, and Emma, this must be one of the biggest film casts in a video game. Wonder if the success of this game will see a rise in film actors accepting roles in games.

Spider-Who? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2017, 07:43 PM   #154
Soapy
Side-Kick

I hope not.

Soapy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2017, 08:18 PM   #155
Spider-Who?
ERMERGERD!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soapy View Post
I hope not.
I'm torn on it. On one hand, I want talented voice actors to be able to keep working and not have another situation where famous actors took over animated films. But on the other hand, the ability to get household name actors into the mix might push for even more breakthrough games and story telling that developers might not have the time and funding for otherwise (that and there's just some actors it would be cool to see).

I guess I'm for "use whoever is best for the part", and video games being seen as legitimate vehicles, even for film actors, is good for the industry, as it gives them an even larger brush. I can certainly imagine problems arising though.

Last edited by Spider-Who?; 04-19-2017 at 08:21 PM.
Old 04-19-2017, 08:35 PM   #156
Boom
I got nothin'

That Emma picture was proven to be fake, I believe.

Old 04-20-2017, 05:32 AM   #157
Slick
Yup

It's kinda the opposite of what Rockstar Games do. As we know before with the GTA3 trilogy they used big name actors and now with the HD GTA games they mostly go for unknown actors.

Old 04-20-2017, 10:03 AM   #158
Spider-Who?
ERMERGERD!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boom View Post
That Emma picture was proven to be fake, I believe.
Looks like you're correct:

http://www.polygon.com/2017/3/29/151...mma-stone-leak

Old 04-20-2017, 07:06 PM   #159
jokesonm3
Jokes For Short.

Lot of reasons to make this theory quite believable tbh

jokesonm3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2017, 07:40 PM   #160
eternalinferno
Side-Kick

It's a pretty compelling theory with some compelling evidence as well. I can't wait til we start getting some more concrete details about the game.

eternalinferno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2017, 07:34 PM   #161
zenith16
Side-Kick

NEWS

Classic Hideo Kojima.
Hideo Kojima’s perfectly bizarre explanation of how Death Stranding’s coming along

on Apr 30, 2017 7 COMMENTS
During his interview at the inaugural Tribeca Games Festival in New York City, Hideo Kojima squirmed through several Death Stranding-based questions he could not
Read more

Quote:

Kojima (center), thinking about Italian food ... probably. Tribeca Games/Twitch
During his interview at the inaugural Tribeca Games Festival in New York City, Hideo Kojima squirmed through several Death Stranding-based questions he could not answer. But when moderator Geoff Keighley asked a very simple one — how’s production on Death Stranding going? — Kojima gave a wonderfully esoteric answer.

“So far, it’s going pretty well,” the celebrated game designer said of his mysterious PlayStation 4 project, which we most recently saw at the Game Awards 2016.

He could have left it there; in fact, we expected him to. But this is Kojima, who is as verbose as he is inscrutable. He then laid out a metaphor to describe just where Kojima Productions is with its first game.

“Let’s say that Norman’s character is walking in New York,” Kojima began when trying to further explain what the studio is working on.
Before continuing, he clarified: Death Stranding is not set in New York. This was just an analogy.

Anyway:
“We’re trying to see if what we can depict with Decima Engine [the tech powering Death Stranding] actually looks like New York, if it scales correctly and feels good there,” said Kojima.

This is when things actually get ... strange:
“Let’s say the character goes in an Italian restaurant,” he began, further complicating this exercise. “Who the character meets going into the restaurant, what he will be eating, all those details are decided, are set.
“What we’re working on right now is what kind of table will be there, what kind of specific details will be there, what’s on the specific menu for this restaurant.”

Should we expect some Diner Dash-style gameplay from Death Stranding? Will there be abundant, Yakuza-esque restaurants to interact with throughout the world?

Let’s not get our hopes up about either of those; instead, we’ll let Kojima fans try to parse this until the next time we actually see something from Death Stranding.

source:http://www.polygon.com/

zenith16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2017, 04:11 PM   #162
zenith16
Side-Kick

Quote:
Turns out, Norman Reedus is naked for the sake of the players.

In a recent interview, Hideo Kojima revealed what his plans are for 'Death Stranding' and why some of the teaser trailer's imagery was important.
There is so little known about the cryptically enticing project, 'Death Stranding', from the legendary creator of 'Metal Gear Solid', Hideo Kojima. Hot off the heels of his divorce from gaming studio, Konami, Kojima got to work on a secret project with Guillermo Del Toro (director, 'Pacific Rim', 'Hellboy') and Norman Reedus ('The Walking Dead', 'Boondock Saints'). Finally, for Sony's big finale at their E3 conference last year, Kojima drops the first official teaser trailer for the game.
The first trailer was vague, mysterious, and featured Reedus in all his naked glory. In a recent interview at the Tribeca Games Festival, Kojima discusses some of his past influences and his love of cinema that translates to his love of gaming.
On the subject of 'Death Stranding', he reveals why he chose the imagery that was in that trailer. It turns out, his primary reason for showing the naked Norman is much simpler than people were speculating:

[Translated] "For the teaser, we're using Norman naked. That's something very specific that I had in mind. I want people to see first a naked Norman, then from there, you'll be able to see him in different costumes, different hairstyles, different equipment...and that's as much as I should say today."
By presenting Norman's character as a "blank slate", he seems to be trying to avoid the association with a "main look", giving players the freedom to mix and match clothing and gear as they see fit. This does help us understand what he has in mind for the gameplay, but its still unclear as to how the gearing itself will work. From the sound of it, its entirely possible it might be strictly cosmetic, but keeping in mind how Kojima has been handling the information flow for the game, we might not know for sure for quite some time.
According to him, the production is still going smoothly and remains on schedule. So far, the studio is still test running some of the environments and characters. He plans to give the game an unparalleled level of detail before making the finishing touches on the script. With that kind of planning and testing, 'Death Stranding' is shaping up to be well worth the wait.
Death Stranding releases on the PS4...soon!

IN THIS ARTICLE

Tags:
HIDEO KOJIMA

source: http://www.gamezone.com/

Old 05-09-2017, 05:43 PM   #163
jokesonm3
Jokes For Short.

This might be the music Kojima and Co. will use for their DS E3 2017 trailer.

https://twitter.com/lumparn/status/861880395167432706

jokesonm3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2017, 03:48 PM   #164
zenith16
Side-Kick

Quote:
Upcoming Hideo Kojima title has trippy experiences, because it's Kojima.

It goes without saying that we don't know a lot about the upcoming title from Kojima Productions, Death Stranding. But with Kojima at the helm with full reign of a new IP without the constraints of a controlling publisher, anything seems possible.
Norman Reedus, who's set to play the protagonist of Death Stranding, teased some information about black hole physics. This begs the question: Is it related to gameplay mechanics in Death Stranding?
The post in question from Reedus' Instagram has a naked man (Don't worry, all you can see is butt) being sucked into a black hole. That's it. No real context. But black holes have been hinted at heavily in Death Stranding teases up to this point, so assuming its relation is plausible.
YouTube User YongYea goes into detail on what this video means below:

IN THIS ARTICLE

Tags:
HIDEO KOJIMA

Old 06-07-2017, 10:32 AM   #165
zenith16
Side-Kick

Quote:
Well, we already knew the game was far off.

Confirmed on Twitter today, Hideo Kojima has officially stated that Death Stranding will not appear at E3 2017 as the team is fully focused on development.
It was already known that Death Stranding was going to be a huge undertaking and only recently had the team decided on what engine to run it on. That being said, long time Kojima fans such as myself will have to wait to learn more about the new mind-bending title from Kojima Productions.
View image on Twitter

Follow
HIDEO_KOJIMA @HIDEO_KOJIMA_EN

Apologies to our fans, Death Stranding will not be @ E3 as we are fully focused on development. Pls see me with @geoffkeighley on 6/14!
10:30 AM - 7 Jun 2017

Twitter Ads info and privacy

Kojima did, however, invite fans to see him at E3 on June 14 with Geoff Keighley, so he and his team will at least attend the event.
Along with his announcement, Kojima posted an image of a spider web with the word 'Bridges' below. It's unclear what this means, but bridges have had some sort of correlation with Death Stranding in the past.
Regardless of this news, stay tuned to GameZone to see what Hideo Kojima does have to say on June 14, as well as other gaming news during the entire event.

IN THIS ARTICLE

Tags:
HIDEO KOJIMAKOJIMA PRODUCTIONS

Old 06-07-2017, 02:07 PM   #166
Slick
Yup

That's fine with me. Thanks for posting.

Old 06-14-2017, 07:53 PM   #167
zenith16
Side-Kick

1:01:02

E3 Coliseum: A Conversation with Hideo Kojima and Jordan Vogt-Roberts

• 603 views52 minutes ago

Published on 14 Jun 2017
Kong: Skull Island director Jordan Vogt-Roberts talks with the legendary Hideo Kojima about the art of making games and films live on the E3 Coliseum stage.

source:gameslice

Old 06-20-2017, 05:06 AM   #168
zenith16
Side-Kick

• NEWSDeath Stranding actually exists in playable state, still can't be explained Yesterday at 11:00 am

Death Stranding never made it to E3 2017, even though creator Hideo Kojima did. Fortunately, some news on...Read more

Quote:
    Just how playable though?

• Death Stranding never made it to E3 2017, even though creator Hideo Kojima did. Fortunately, some news on Death Stranding managed to surface, thanks to a PlayStation executive.
    Chairman of Worldwide StudiosShawn Layden has confirmed that Death Stranding "actually exists" and that it is indeed playable. Unfortunately, even though Layden played it, he couldn't explain what the game was about.
    “...It's up and running,” Shawn Layden confirmed to Telegraph. “It’s been aided tremendously after Kojima-San decided to co-opt the Decima [graphics] engine from Guerrilla [that powered Horizon Zero Dawn]. And, gosh, that really gave him a leg up to get up and running and test it and have some prototype levels running. I couldn’t explain to you what the game is…”
    The PlayStation executive went on to detail that it was as revolutionary as Kojima promises "and more."

• IN THIS ARTICLE

Tags:
    PLAYSTATION

Old 08-03-2017, 07:38 AM   #169
zenith16
Side-Kick

Kojima teases the current progress of Death Stranding August 1, 2017

With a playable version able to be tested, Kojima can move on to the next phase of development.Read more

source: EGMnow

Old 08-05-2017, 03:04 AM   #170
zenith16
Side-Kick

Death Stranding Gets Lit - The Rundown - Electric Playground
08:27
  • 1,253 views 9 hours ago
Published on 08/04/2017

Today in the Rundown, we have a look at the cool new technology that will bring the highly-anticipated game Death Stranding to life! We also have news about Activision's post-
launch plans for Destiny 2, head to the highlands with new For Honor fighters, have details on a new adventure from the original Karate Kid, get heroic with the DC movie universe, and finally, annihilate the next movie from the director of Ex Machina!

Segway to below

Death Stranding offers a gorgeous first look at its engine tech
| August 4, 2017

Death Stranding has some gorgeous, cutting-edge fog, and we've now gotten a first video look at it in action.Read more

source : EPN.tv/& EGMnow

Last edited by zenith16; 08-05-2017 at 03:12 AM.
Old 08-17-2017, 04:45 AM   #171
zenith16
Side-Kick

Mads Mikkelsen calls his work on Death Stranding ‘enormously different’ August 16, 2017

Acting for Death Stranding is a unique experience, according to one of its stars.Read more

source: EGMnow

Old 08-24-2017, 02:40 PM   #172
zenith16
Side-Kick

NEWSHideo Kojima hints that we may not have to kill anyone in Death Stranding Today at 11:51 am

Ask anyone what exactly Death Stranding is about, and you'll find yourself hard pressed to get an answer....Read more

source: Gamezone

Old 12-07-2017, 09:29 PM   #173
Matt Mortem
The King has returned

The new trailer they showed off answered zero questions about what the hell this game is. I'm super hyped for it and it's gonna be dope, but what in the goddamn hell is this game?????

Old 12-07-2017, 09:32 PM   #174
Slick
Yup

I’m hyped.

Old 12-07-2017, 10:02 PM   #175
Boom
I got nothin'

Typical Kojima trailer. Makes no ****ing sense but I am so here for it.