View Poll Results:
0 0%
Voters: 0. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 04-18-2012, 02:37 AM   #326
Hamill-Joker
Side-Kick

Default Re: Wonder Woman Thread Reborn! - Part 6

It'd take a great performance to pull it off. If Ares has to be shown in human form, I prefer that he show no trace of humanity in his performance.

I'm thinking of a performance similar to Anthony Hopkins as Hannibal Lector or Heath Ledger as The Joker. Except they both still felt like they had some humanity in them.

An actor that comes to mind would by Javier Bardem because of his portrayal of Anton Chigurh. I think he could work as both as Ares in human form and doing the voice for Ares in his demonic/armored form.

Old 04-18-2012, 02:53 AM   #327
ЯɘvlveR
danneB

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaymes_e06 View Post
Not sure if anyones mentioned her before but Felicity Jones name should be added to the list of good actresses who, if they trained really hard,could be a great Diana.

saw her yesterday in like crazy, and she was fantastic, but she's super tiny.

Old 04-18-2012, 05:48 AM   #328
jmc
away for a while

I've always thought that if you're going to have gods in human form there's gotta be rules as to what can and can't do to hurt them. Gods have to have some form of weakness and can't be shown to be invincible.

Old 04-18-2012, 06:15 AM   #329
Micromind
Side-Kick

Joss Whedon on how approach to JLA should be -

http://www.darkhorizons.com/features...medium=twitter

Last edited by Micromind; 04-18-2012 at 06:22 AM.
Old 04-18-2012, 07:26 AM   #330
Roose Bolton
Blood of the First Men

Anyone ever see the JLU version of Ares? Voiced by the great Michael York?
He was almost like the devil himself, the way he played all the various forces into perpetuating a civil war. That's how I see Ares, someone who's very presence causes hatred and conflict. He should be charming, yet cold. Basically a seductive force of evil that plays on the worst of mankind, just like how Diana plays on mankind's strengths.

Old 04-18-2012, 09:42 AM   #331
Rodrigo90
Wink wink ;)

The Gods took on forms of humans to satisfy their own needs and connect with humans.

Ares became human in order to feel the raw human emotions of battle and at the same time, show humans their most animalistic traits, the human form is his symbolism to this.

Aphrodite, she took on a human form to satisfy her needs of being worshipped and adored by human men. At the same time, her beauty was unrivalled by any human woman, sort of a middle finger up to all women out there.

Zeus, his human to mortals was created because we only imagine our head of the household as a father. Zeus' human form allowed him to mingle with his creations in how ever he saw fit.

Thank You!
UPDATED!!! My FanFic Page

~*SHH SIX*~
Batboy
Old 04-18-2012, 09:59 AM   #332
Micromind
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rodrigo90 View Post
The Gods took on forms of humans to satisfy their own needs and connect with humans.

Ares became human in order to feel the raw human emotions of battle and at the same time, show humans their most animalistic traits, the human form is his symbolism to this.

Aphrodite, she took on a human form to satisfy her needs of being worshipped and adored by human men. At the same time, her beauty was unrivalled by any human woman, sort of a middle finger up to all women out there.

Zeus, his human to mortals was created because we only imagine our head of the household as a father. Zeus' human form allowed him to mingle with his creations in how ever he saw fit.
Finally someone who understands how Mythology (Greek, Norse or any other) works.

Old 04-18-2012, 10:57 AM   #333
The Guard
Side-Kick

Ares could have both a human and a "God"/demon face. He can have several levels, and layers, to his character. The amored look from DC Comics is fantastic. He essentially IS his armor. But he needs to have human elements as well.

Quote:
He's bloodthirsty, he wants to feel the heat of battle, feel his blade piercing human flesh, feel the glory of victory with his fellow soldiers. He takes on a human form to feel the most primal urges of humans, hunting and killing. To show man right in the face, how ugly and animalistc they are, which he loves
There it is. Ares' thirst for war, for conflict, is very human. His character should have human elements at some point.

-Me
Old 04-18-2012, 03:27 PM   #334
Rodrigo90
Wink wink ;)

It would be cool if he only exposed his true form to Wonder Woman, or a form that is at least 'monsterous'. A monster form created by humanity.

It has to be a form that is all of the combined animalistic emotions of every soldier that has ever been in war. Say Ares draws his power from all the chaos of war which he's been part of, gaining so much power, he could overthrow Zeus even.

Cause they was a myth saying that the God's stopped existing because humanity had no longer any need for them. They ceased to exist because humanity ceased in believing in them. If Ares faced Wonder Woman in the height of his power, the only way to weaken him, would be for every soldier to throw down their weapons. But there will always be war, so Ares will never truly be gone.

Thank You!

~*SHH SIX*~
Batboy
Old 04-18-2012, 06:28 PM   #335
Roose Bolton
Blood of the First Men

That's the great thing about Ares, he's a living idea. no matter what Diana does to him, he'll always exist in some form.

Old 04-18-2012, 07:42 PM   #336
Rodrigo90
Wink wink ;)

Absolutely. He lives on through war, he gains his power and strength from war. It's a scary thing to imagine their's a force like that. No wonder Diana tries to ensure peace in the world, and hates man for creating war, giving Ares all he needs to rule the world.

Thank You!

~*SHH SIX*~
Batboy
Old 04-18-2012, 09:10 PM   #337
Blackman
C'mon Son

So besides Diana, Hippolyta, and a villain (that most people seem to agree that it should be Ares) what other characters do you guys think should be in this?

I think:
-Steve Trevor (I wouldnt mind him cocky, but I'd just prefer more of a Nathan Drake type character. Still cool and funny, but not a jerkass)
-Artemis
-Philippus
-Etta Candy
-Julia Kapatelis (maybe. I think they can kinda combine Etta and Julia)
-Zeus (maybe)

Old 04-18-2012, 09:39 PM   #338
Rodrigo90
Wink wink ;)

I'd like Steve to be made a fighter pilot for the US Army. Say he's brought to Themyscira because he's in the middle of a war, a fictional one, that's happening nearby.

Actually, back to Ares. I would love it if he was made a dictator or politician, or both, in disguise, within the movie. Say he's stirring up conflict of all kinds, all over the world, hoping that the biggest war in history will break out.

Thank You!

~*SHH SIX*~
Batboy
Old 04-18-2012, 09:41 PM   #339
Majik1387
Banned User

I'd honestly prefer a non-existent war to WW2 at this point. I think it would just get rid of a limitation.

However, I say keep the Greek mythos intact, none of this humanizing them making them their actual character. I'm alright with them posing as people/things as that's what Greek Gods do, but keep their fantastical back stories intact.

Last edited by Majik1387; 04-18-2012 at 09:47 PM.
Old 04-18-2012, 09:45 PM   #340
Blackman
C'mon Son

agreed

Old 04-18-2012, 09:48 PM   #341
Rodrigo90
Wink wink ;)

WW3 started by Ares would be sick

Thank You!

~*SHH SIX*~
Batboy
Old 04-18-2012, 09:49 PM   #342
Majik1387
Banned User

Who better to start a war than the God of War?

Old 04-18-2012, 09:56 PM   #343
Rodrigo90
Wink wink ;)

Thank You!

~*SHH SIX*~
Batboy
Old 04-18-2012, 10:08 PM   #344
Rodrigo90
Wink wink ;)

I mean, through Ares, the movie could really touch upon how close we actually are to a WW3. How close our fingers are on the buttons to annilhilation. If he was character that deliberately became the extreme versions of Bush and Laden all those years ago, it would totally lead to obliteration on both sides of the world. A story like that would be relevant for many years to come IMO.

Thank You!

~*SHH SIX*~
Batboy
Old 04-18-2012, 10:28 PM   #345
HighFivingMF
Welp.

So... Melissa McCarthy for Etta Candy?

2016: "This movie sucked because it didn't have a designated meddling executive."
Old 04-18-2012, 10:29 PM   #346
DoomsdayApex
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Majik1387 View Post
Who better to start a war than the God of War?
Precisely.

Old 04-18-2012, 10:31 PM   #347
Majik1387
Banned User

After some thinking, I kind of would love for Megan Hilty to be Etta Candy.

Old 04-18-2012, 11:31 PM   #348
Blackman
C'mon Son

Never seen Megan Hilty act. Idk, I think it'll depend how they portray Etta Candy. I think if she's a secretary then Hilty, based on her age and just looking at her, would be fine

But I always liked the idea of Candy being Steve's superior and kind of mentor, maybe have her be his Lieutenant Colonel or Major. And then I think they should combine her character with Julia Kapatelis and have her be one of Diana's closest friends/allies in "man's world" If that's the case I think they should cast a respected actress like Annette Bening, Melissa Leo, Emma Thompson

Old 04-19-2012, 12:27 AM   #349
BruceWanner
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hunter Rider View Post
She kind of looks like George Perez's Diana in real life (at least in this picture).

Last edited by BruceWanner; 04-19-2012 at 12:38 AM.
Old 04-19-2012, 12:48 AM   #350
Majik1387
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackman View Post
Never seen Megan Hilty act. Idk, I think it'll depend how they portray Etta Candy. I think if she's a secretary then Hilty, based on her age and just looking at her, would be fine

But I always liked the idea of Candy being Steve's superior and kind of mentor, maybe have her be his Lieutenant Colonel or Major. And then I think they should combine her character with Julia Kapatelis and have her be one of Diana's closest friends/allies in "man's world" If that's the case I think they should cast a respected actress like Annette Bening, Melissa Leo, Emma Thompson
I'd rather they not combine the characters simply because I think numerous supporting cast is more interesting and realistic than a best friend mentor role.

Closed Thread