View Poll Results:
0 0%
Voters: 0. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 04-19-2012, 02:14 AM   #351
Hamill-Joker
Side-Kick

Default Re: Wonder Woman Thread Reborn! - Part 6

One reason I like the setting of WWII is the isolated timeframe of it in the past. Especially if we're looking at this Wonder Woman film being part of a larger DC universe. If WWIII was going down, you'd think other heroes like Superman would be involved.

Old 04-19-2012, 08:48 AM   #352
Rodrigo90
Wink wink ;)

That's a good point.

But we know WW thinks nothing of getting herself involved in politics and war, whereas Superman distances himself from that stuff. If America is responsible for bloodshed, Superman wouldn't aid them. If war is happening everywhere, where would he begin? The chaos of WW3 would mask his involvement anyway...if he was a Frank Miller, he would be involved...but that's not a good thing

And if Ares is the catalyst for WW3 erupting, it is basically a personal story that would revolve around the Amazon's and himself.

Thank You!
UPDATED!!! My FanFic Page

~*SHH SIX*~
Batboy
Old 04-19-2012, 12:29 PM   #353
jaymes_e06
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hamill-Joker View Post
One reason I like the setting of WWII is the isolated timeframe of it in the past. Especially if we're looking at this Wonder Woman film being part of a larger DC universe. If WWIII was going down, you'd think other heroes like Superman would be involved.
Maybe she's the first superhero?

Old 04-19-2012, 12:41 PM   #354
Ultimatehero
Life is infinite

As someone who read the actual Whedon's 'Wonder Woman' script the whole WWII thing is a bogus rumor it's also not found in any of the official scripts within the studio. Meaning whoever put that out there, the WWII thing, wasn't involved in any way with the film or punk'd you guys.

"If we are all united, we can take back our lives. While they stand divided, we can fight them and their laws. If we get up off our knees, we can show them that we are people. We can take back this "free" country! - Anti-Flag

Last edited by Ultimatehero; 04-19-2012 at 12:46 PM.
Old 04-19-2012, 12:57 PM   #355
Artistsean
Monkey Boy

Instead of her own movie, which seems like it wont happen for a while or is having a hard time getting off the ground anyway, and instead of a TV live action series, what do you guys think of DC doing a animated Wonder Woman cartoon show?
They could put it on in their DC Nation block. Since Young Justice stars almost every DC character, and Green Lantern is CG, and so will the new Batman cartoon, maybe Wonder Woman's show (season 1 anyway) could just focus on Wonder Woman and not include any other DC characters. And would be traditionally animated. It could be all about Wonder Woman on Themiscara. Who the Amazons are, why they are, their deep mythology, who Wonder Woman is and all that. This show could be really rooted in deep mythology, Wonder Woman being made from clay and all that. She could fight main bad guys, in season 1, like Ares, Medusa, etc.

While maybe the studios don't know about making a movie about her, the box office draw it would bring, they do seem to think she is a viable property because they tried to make a live action tv show and Joss Wheden was going to make a movie. Maybe they would be willing to make an animated cartoon series.
And if the cartoon was successful enough it could lead to other things.

Old 04-19-2012, 01:01 PM   #356
Blackman
C'mon Son

I wish DC would do an animated WW show. I think that'd be great

Old 04-19-2012, 01:32 PM   #357
Ultimatehero
Life is infinite

HERE THIS SHOULD HELP... THE TRUE LOW-DOWN ON WHEDON'S WONDER WOMAN

1. The WWII thing? Absolutely incorrect.

OTHER RUMORS YOU MAY HAVE HEARD...

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoomsdayApex View Post
First rumor: Looking at the sketches, I saw six outfits -- one featuring a black trenchcoat and another with an awkward-looking skirt engulfed with stars and stripes. Can you verify if these are accurate to Whedon's vision?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cain View Post
RE: rumors from Whedon's draft though

Her being all catty with Steve Trevor throughout and needing Steve to help humanize her; true or false?

Diana not learning how to deflect bullets with her bracelets on Themiscyra but taking bullets to the chest and pulling them out instead and learning the importance of dodging projectiles that way; true or false?

Cause if true then yeah those are elements that are definitely not in line with WW comic books. As a fan they seem like suspect as hell choices to me and I could see why they upset many people.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ultimatehero View Post
No mention of anything like that in the script.

Diana is already much humanized without Steve in the script. Definitely not catty in how I'm picturing it. She's strong. Sounds like a different version that I've read. There was a script that played her up as a helpless female with no clue at all, less action, and just their relationship with Steve being the hero. That script in all honesty wasn't good at all.

Nope. False.
Quote:
Rumor #2:

In the script, Diana is supposedly 'brainwashed' into being anti-man right from the get-go, is it true?
Quote:
LMAOL. These rumors are actually out there? Way false. To them Steve is hot. Or I should say the younger Amazonians, the older are too caught up in their ways. Imagine a babe in a military base where only dudes are - you got the idea of how depending on rank and age one would react. Or imagine an alien landing here, you wouldn't hate them from the get-go, you'd be interested but also cautious. "What is this strange creature?" (Not a line)
Quote:
Great! I figured that would be a sh**ty route for ANY director to take. Whew.

Rumor #3: Incidentally, by the second act, the film takes a romantic-comedy angle between Diana and Steve. True?

Rumor #4: Diana makes her debut as a superhero similar to how Superman made his return in Superman Returns. Hot or cold?
Quote:
That was a totally unrelate script that included, to my best memory, naval war games lol. Yeah, that one was pretty stupid.

We've seen something similar before that's classy and memorable - but not in SR in any way shape or form.
All I can do is tell you which rumors are false or not. Under contract I'm not allowed to offer any real concrete details, especially in the areas specific to the script and not character/comic/cartoon/etc. I just really hate false rumors circulating that colors the way someone views something due to beliefs/speculations that have no merit due to being untrue.

"If we are all united, we can take back our lives. While they stand divided, we can fight them and their laws. If we get up off our knees, we can show them that we are people. We can take back this "free" country! - Anti-Flag

Last edited by Ultimatehero; 04-19-2012 at 01:36 PM.
Old 04-19-2012, 04:09 PM   #358
DoomsdayApex
Banned User

Here's another young name that WB might look into.

Old 04-19-2012, 04:12 PM   #359
Rodrigo90
Wink wink ;)

Well I'm certainly looking into to her

Thank You!

~*SHH SIX*~
Batboy
Old 04-19-2012, 05:05 PM   #360
DrCosmic
Professor of Power

Thanks Ult, good showing. Sounds like there was another script around that Whedon's got confused with. Maybe you can show me that one? It's good to see Whedon will be getting his just due in Avengers. WB really made him look like a fool on this project.

I'm liking this World War III talk... I think that's probably the stakes needed to make a WW movie really heavy...

Old 04-19-2012, 05:42 PM   #361
Rodrigo90
Wink wink ;)

It would a cool thing, and it would make Wonder Woman gain a lof of respect...If she was the only person who managed to takedown Ares, resulting in the end of WWIII. If thats not a powerful female character for the the female GA to admire, then I dont know what you do lol

Thank You!

~*SHH SIX*~
Batboy
Old 04-19-2012, 06:15 PM   #362
Ultimatehero
Life is infinite

I think that one, the one it got confused with, hasn't leaked either and I never got a copy of it or could I show it if I did. It just never really stood out as something I'd want for my private stash of screenplays lol. Which is a lot.

Old 04-19-2012, 06:20 PM   #363
LibidoLoca
Sensually Delicious

I actually like the idea of WWIII, but I would prefer if Ares almost brings the world on the brink of war.

Old 04-19-2012, 06:27 PM   #364
Rodrigo90
Wink wink ;)

That would actually work a liitle better actually. Pulling off WWIII in full scale, would be a bit extreme. The first stages of war would be fine.

Thank You!

~*SHH SIX*~
Batboy
Old 04-19-2012, 06:37 PM   #365
DoomsdayApex
Banned User

Ares has to be the main antagonist for the Wonder Woman adaptation. His potential only goes as far as the writers and director let it though.

On that subject, who would make a ruthless but charming God of War?

Old 04-19-2012, 06:53 PM   #366
Lobo
Snow Wifey

Clive Owen

Old 04-19-2012, 07:02 PM   #367
DoomsdayApex
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lobo View Post
Clive Owen
That's a great pick. I love Owen.

Old 04-19-2012, 07:07 PM   #368
DrCosmic
Professor of Power

Clive Owen would knock it out of the park...

I think, for WWIII to matter, as opposed to it being another 'almost WW3' storyline, I think there has to be a battle, perhaps that's the climax of the movie, the first battle of WWIII before she stops the war by stopping Ares. I think that could be mad cool, and don't see it working with no war battle or more than one war battle.

Extra points if she takes down Ares with truth.

Old 04-19-2012, 07:10 PM   #369
Rodrigo90
Wink wink ;)

Excellent choice with Owen

A climax with WWIII would be awesome. Ares gaining more power as the guns start firing, and losing it when the guns are thrown down.

Thank You!

~*SHH SIX*~
Batboy
Old 04-19-2012, 07:29 PM   #370
Blackman
C'mon Son

Owen will be cool

But I actually think Daniel Craig would be better

Old 04-19-2012, 07:35 PM   #371
LibidoLoca
Sensually Delicious

That's funny cause I thought Daniel Craig for Ares, but I don't know. Clive Owen sounds great.

I think Diana stopping the first battle of WWIII would be a nice compromise.

Quote:
Ares has to be the main antagonist for the Wonder Woman adaptation. His potential only goes as far as the writers and director let it though.
I think Ares would be a great antagonist for WW film.

Last edited by LibidoLoca; 04-19-2012 at 07:38 PM.
Old 04-19-2012, 07:49 PM   #372
LibidoLoca
Sensually Delicious

On the subject of Whedon, I liked him for Wonder Woman, but I always had concern when it came to his writing style. Then the rumors of elements his script contained made rethink my position on it. I would be happier with Whedon and WW if he had someone else with him to co-write the script. The most likely choice would probably be Goyer, though.

Old 04-19-2012, 07:55 PM   #373
Ultimatehero
Life is infinite

Quote:
Originally Posted by LibidoLoca View Post
Then the rumors of elements his script contained made rethink my position on it.
As apparently the only one online who HAS officially read it. Those rumors? Are false.

Old 04-19-2012, 07:57 PM   #374
LibidoLoca
Sensually Delicious

I heard you first time, it was a simple recap.

Old 04-19-2012, 08:00 PM   #375
Ultimatehero
Life is infinite

if the rumors made you change your mind then, jw, why do you have the same stance now knowing those are false rumors that made you change your mind?

Edit - oh, now I see, was hesitant before rumors even.

Closed Thread