The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Spider-Man > The Amazing Spider-Man 2

View Poll Results: Rate the new costume!
Best costume ever! 19 28.36%
Better than TASM's 13 19.40%
On par with TASM's 3 4.48%
Too similar to Raimi's 20 29.85%
Utter crap! 1 1.49%
I won't judge yet... 11 16.42%
Voters: 67. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-16-2013, 03:58 PM   #126
UltimateWebhead
Black's the new Red&Blue
 
UltimateWebhead's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Phoenix, AZ
Posts: 10,973
Default Re: The Official TASM2 Costume Thread!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nathan View Post
He doesn't need to trash a suit, but whenever he makes a new one, there's no reason why he can't improve it, if he got better at making it.
I don't see the need for a redesign. I very much liked the suit in ASM. They are gonna make changes though and so far I'm really digging the new lenses so I'm hopeful what other changes they do opt for; I'll like those as well.

UltimateWebhead is offline  
Old 02-16-2013, 04:41 PM   #127
TheWallCrawler
hero or a menace?
 
TheWallCrawler's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 6,457
Default Re: The Official TASM2 Costume Thread!!

Well, I can understand if he makes a new costume to simply not look like a punk. Stacy did say that he dresses like an outlaw. While it can just mean the over all "hiding behind the mask thing", the current suit is pretty "ghetto"

The way I see it, after introducing Spider-Man taking down robbers with already having the new suit, next scene would have Gwen asking "why did you redo your costume" and Peter could sarcastically make a crack about him being vain. And then he would follow with a slight mention how he doesn't want to be the hero fighting in the ghetto costume. Not to mention that he could say he paid for it with his new photography job

I'd just love to see a combination of the TASM costume and the classic costume, so I'm gonna take any major changes with a grain of salt. Still, I might be wishing too much. He might have the new bigger eyes, new web shooters and the belt purely for practical purposes, so I think we shouldn't be waiting for anything more than that

TheWallCrawler is offline  
Old 02-16-2013, 04:44 PM   #128
Spider-Who?
ERMERGERD!
 
Spider-Who?'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Location: Giggling in your air duct.
Posts: 11,341
Default Re: The Official TASM2 Costume Thread!!

Spider-Man isn't batman. There's no armor that needs to be modified. We don't need to be told reasons why he changed his suit. It's enough that we got a montage of him creating the original one.

Spider-Who? is offline  
Old 02-16-2013, 04:54 PM   #129
TheWallCrawler
hero or a menace?
 
TheWallCrawler's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 6,457
Default Re: The Official TASM2 Costume Thread!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spider-Who? View Post
Spider-Man isn't batman. There's no armor that needs to be modified. We don't need to be told reasons why he changed his suit. It's enough that we got a montage of him creating the original one.
The reason you say that is because Spider-Man almost never wears a different costume in the comics, while Iron-Man and Batman do updates frequently

The point I'm trying to make is: Spider-man is the type that very rarely wears something else than the classic, not the type that when he modifies his costume/web shooters it doesn't need an explanation. Almost every time he changes his costume it has a practical purpose. Ben Reilly doesn't count, he is a different person

And about the belt, it's not that it needs explaining, but many of us think it'd be fun for it to be explained for how it gives Spidey a practical advantage

TheWallCrawler is offline  
Old 02-16-2013, 05:04 PM   #130
Nathan
...
 
Nathan's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Posts: 49,016
Default Re: The Official TASM2 Costume Thread!!

The only reason we need is that he got better at making it, can afford other materials, or just wants to improve the look. Like putting a web pattern on the entire boot for example. Heck, you can go with the excuse that the tights he used to make the first costume, aren't available anymore, so uses tights that are completely blue and don't have the red stripes.

__________________
I am the HYPE!
Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:
Nathan is offline  
Old 02-16-2013, 05:11 PM   #131
VenomSpawn
WAAAAAAAAA
 
VenomSpawn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: New York
Posts: 6,223
Default Re: The Official TASM2 Costume Thread!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWallCrawler View Post
The reason you say that is because Spider-Man almost never wears a different costume in the comics, while Iron-Man and Batman do updates frequently
That is the most incorrect thing I have read on these forums in a long time. Spider-Man has a new costume every damn week.

__________________
VenomSpawn is offline  
Old 02-16-2013, 05:31 PM   #132
Mr. Dent
Banned User
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Jacksonville, FL
Posts: 8,941
Default Re: The Official TASM2 Costume Thread!!

^ That's pretty inaccurate as well.

Mr. Dent is offline  
Old 02-16-2013, 05:46 PM   #133
VenomSpawn
WAAAAAAAAA
 
VenomSpawn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: New York
Posts: 6,223
Default Re: The Official TASM2 Costume Thread!!

I swear, during Slott's run Spidey has had a new costume every other issue.

__________________
VenomSpawn is offline  
Old 02-16-2013, 05:49 PM   #134
TheWallCrawler
hero or a menace?
 
TheWallCrawler's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 6,457
Default Re: The Official TASM2 Costume Thread!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by VenomSpawn View Post
That is the most incorrect thing I have read on these forums in a long time. Spider-Man has a new costume every damn week.
I don't think so. He has had many different costumes, but he doesn't change it/update it nearly as frequently as Iron-Man or Batman. Well, to be fair, I don't read Batman comics or Iron-Man comics, but that is what people are saying of those two all the time, and I certainly read Spider-Man comics so I somewhat believe in my assumption

TheWallCrawler is offline  
Old 02-16-2013, 05:52 PM   #135
TheWallCrawler
hero or a menace?
 
TheWallCrawler's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 6,457
Default Re: The Official TASM2 Costume Thread!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by VenomSpawn View Post
I swear, during Slott's run Spidey has had a new costume every other issue.
Yes this is cheating, but I don't want to count the Slott run since there is rarely any good stuff in there

TheWallCrawler is offline  
Old 02-16-2013, 05:56 PM   #136
VenomSpawn
WAAAAAAAAA
 
VenomSpawn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: New York
Posts: 6,223
Default Re: The Official TASM2 Costume Thread!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWallCrawler View Post
Yes this is cheating, but I don't want to count the Slott run since there is rarely any good stuff in there
Slott's run has been one of the best in a long time. I think people are focusing on the current state of his run (which is still great) rather than the rest of the years he's been on the title.

If you're referring strictly to costumes, there are a load of cool costumes that have showed up in Slott's run. The current Superior costume is one of my favorite Spidey costumes ever.

__________________
VenomSpawn is offline  
Old 02-16-2013, 06:00 PM   #137
Nathan
...
 
Nathan's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Posts: 49,016
Default Re: The Official TASM2 Costume Thread!!

And that's because Doc Ock is in his body.

__________________
I am the HYPE!
Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:
Nathan is offline  
Old 02-16-2013, 06:01 PM   #138
VenomSpawn
WAAAAAAAAA
 
VenomSpawn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: New York
Posts: 6,223
Default Re: The Official TASM2 Costume Thread!!

Doc Ock has a great fashion sense.

__________________
VenomSpawn is offline  
Old 02-16-2013, 06:07 PM   #139
TheWallCrawler
hero or a menace?
 
TheWallCrawler's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 6,457
Default Re: The Official TASM2 Costume Thread!!

Ok, you're kinda having a point there, but still I'm not talking about small changes but rather if the whole design has changed. Gotta admit, as silly as it would be, I just couldn't be angry at them for putting something so beautiful as the classic costume on the big screen

TheWallCrawler is offline  
Old 02-16-2013, 06:21 PM   #140
VenomSpawn
WAAAAAAAAA
 
VenomSpawn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: New York
Posts: 6,223
Default Re: The Official TASM2 Costume Thread!!

The thing about Spidey changing his costume in the comics is that there is always a good reason behind it.

When Spidey lost his spider-sense, he made the bulletproof costume to protect himself. He made the Big Time suit to protect himself from Hobgoblin's Goblin Scream as well as some other stuff I don't remember, that suit had a lot of different functions.

Anyway point is they always explain why Spidey is changing his costume, I don't want him to just show up with a new costume in the new movie for no reason.

__________________
VenomSpawn is offline  
Old 02-16-2013, 06:39 PM   #141
Kirmit
Big Green Machine.
 
Kirmit's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: UK
Posts: 3,351
Default Re: The Official TASM2 Costume Thread!!

How bout he can only stitch his one up so many times?

__________________
Puny Human.
Kirmit is offline  
Old 02-16-2013, 06:55 PM   #142
VenomSpawn
WAAAAAAAAA
 
VenomSpawn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: New York
Posts: 6,223
Default Re: The Official TASM2 Costume Thread!!

Looked fine at the end of TASM after the beating it took.

__________________
VenomSpawn is offline  
Old 02-16-2013, 07:27 PM   #143
TheWallCrawler
hero or a menace?
 
TheWallCrawler's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 6,457
Default Re: The Official TASM2 Costume Thread!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by VenomSpawn View Post
The thing about Spidey changing his costume in the comics is that there is always a good reason behind it.

When Spidey lost his spider-sense, he made the bulletproof costume to protect himself. He made the Big Time suit to protect himself from Hobgoblin's Goblin Scream as well as some other stuff I don't remember, that suit had a lot of different functions.

Anyway point is they always explain why Spidey is changing his costume, I don't want him to just show up with a new costume in the new movie for no reason.
Spider-Who seems to think that a completely new costume simply requires no explanation because "he's that type of a hero". I don't think so, and as I said, having no explanation on changing the whole costume would be really silly

TheWallCrawler is offline  
Old 02-16-2013, 07:40 PM   #144
Rise_-
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 363
Default Re: The Official TASM2 Costume Thread!!

I don't want him to just show up with a new costume either.

A little, tiny explanation is fine.

Rise_- is offline  
Old 02-16-2013, 07:41 PM   #145
Rise_-
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 363
Default Re: The Official TASM2 Costume Thread!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWallCrawler View Post
The reason you say that is because Spider-Man almost never wears a different costume in the comics, while Iron-Man and Batman do updates frequently

The point I'm trying to make is: Spider-man is the type that very rarely wears something else than the classic, not the type that when he modifies his costume/web shooters it doesn't need an explanation. Almost every time he changes his costume it has a practical purpose. Ben Reilly doesn't count, he is a different person

And about the belt, it's not that it needs explaining, but many of us think it'd be fun for it to be explained for how it gives Spidey a practical advantage

Rise_- is offline  
Old 02-16-2013, 07:44 PM   #146
Streetlight
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 337
Default Re: The Official TASM2 Costume Thread!!

I think Gwen saying why the change and Peter saying 'because I like to stay fashionable' is enough explanation for me.

Besides, I'm not too fussed about the costume at this point. As long as it involves some big yellow rubber gloves I'm fine with it.

Streetlight is offline  
Old 02-16-2013, 07:55 PM   #147
webhead9707
Dr. Perky
 
webhead9707's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Bates Motel
Posts: 3,768
Default Re: The Official TASM2 Costume Thread!!

What if Gwen did it for him? Or Aunt May? (It seemed kinda implied that she knew he was Spider-Man at the end.) "Peter these are ripped to shreds, it just won't do."

__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shockdingo View Post
By day, a normal mild mannered fellow. By night, he is Dr. Perky, a brutal vigilante known for breaking the limbs of the corrupt and heartless....all while in a cuddly bear costume. BEWARE BE BEAR!!!!! Summer 2011.
My Deviantart
PSN ID:NerdHerd9707
I won't push it on you but if you'd like to ask me about Christ, I'm here.
webhead9707 is offline  
Old 02-16-2013, 07:56 PM   #148
VenomSpawn
WAAAAAAAAA
 
VenomSpawn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: New York
Posts: 6,223
Default Re: The Official TASM2 Costume Thread!!

I don't see his costume getting torn to shreds at the beginning of the movie.

__________________
VenomSpawn is offline  
Old 02-16-2013, 07:57 PM   #149
TheWallCrawler
hero or a menace?
 
TheWallCrawler's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 6,457
Default Re: The Official TASM2 Costume Thread!!

i REALLY don't want aunt May to make the costume

TheWallCrawler is offline  
Old 02-16-2013, 07:57 PM   #150
TheWallCrawler
hero or a menace?
 
TheWallCrawler's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 6,457
Default Re: The Official TASM2 Costume Thread!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by VenomSpawn View Post
I don't see his costume getting torn to shreds at the beginning of the movie.
Why? It could get quite torn in a fight with Rhino

TheWallCrawler is offline  
Closed Thread

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:53 PM.

monitoring_string = "dee460792f24517621e3ca080805de7e"



Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
SuperHeroHype.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2017 All Rights Reserved.