The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Spider-Man > The Amazing Spider-Man 2

View Poll Results: Rate the new costume!
Best costume ever! 19 28.36%
Better than TASM's 13 19.40%
On par with TASM's 3 4.48%
Too similar to Raimi's 20 29.85%
Utter crap! 1 1.49%
I won't judge yet... 11 16.42%
Voters: 67. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-16-2013, 08:02 PM   #151
webhead9707
Dr. Perky
 
webhead9707's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Bates Motel
Posts: 3,768
Default Re: The Official TASM2 Costume Thread!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWallCrawler View Post
i REALLY don't want aunt May to make the costume
He can eat wheat cakes in his underoos while she patches it up.

__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shockdingo View Post
By day, a normal mild mannered fellow. By night, he is Dr. Perky, a brutal vigilante known for breaking the limbs of the corrupt and heartless....all while in a cuddly bear costume. BEWARE BE BEAR!!!!! Summer 2011.
My Deviantart
PSN ID:NerdHerd9707
I won't push it on you but if you'd like to ask me about Christ, I'm here.
webhead9707 is offline  
Old 02-16-2013, 08:11 PM   #152
TheWallCrawler
hero or a menace?
 
TheWallCrawler's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 6,457
Default Re: The Official TASM2 Costume Thread!!

LOL

TheWallCrawler is offline  
Old 02-16-2013, 08:15 PM   #153
VenomSpawn
WAAAAAAAAA
 
VenomSpawn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: New York
Posts: 6,223
Default Re: The Official TASM2 Costume Thread!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWallCrawler View Post
Why? It could get quite torn in a fight with Rhino
If he's actually in it.

__________________
VenomSpawn is offline  
Old 02-16-2013, 08:19 PM   #154
TheWallCrawler
hero or a menace?
 
TheWallCrawler's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 6,457
Default Re: The Official TASM2 Costume Thread!!

It's not confirmed in any way, but I just got a so strong feeling of Rhino having a cameo fight in the movie that I'm just kinda assuming he will be there somewhere

TheWallCrawler is offline  
Old 02-16-2013, 08:24 PM   #155
Supa
Side-Kick
 
Supa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 701
Default Re: The Official TASM2 Costume Thread!!

Maybe he remakes the costume because of how dirty it was. He was hanging around the sewers quite a bit, plus all the sweat, blood, and Lizard juice on it. I bet it smells like crap.
I don't think we need an explanation. Unless it's radically different, I doubt people will care.

Supa is offline  
Old 02-16-2013, 08:34 PM   #156
TheWallCrawler
hero or a menace?
 
TheWallCrawler's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 6,457
Default Re: The Official TASM2 Costume Thread!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Supa View Post
Maybe he remakes the costume because of how dirty it was. He was hanging around the sewers quite a bit, plus all the sweat, blood, and Lizard juice on it. I bet it smells like crap.
I don't think we need an explanation. Unless it's radically different, I doubt people will care.
*pfft* Lizard juice? what does that even mean?

TheWallCrawler is offline  
Old 02-16-2013, 08:39 PM   #157
webhead9707
Dr. Perky
 
webhead9707's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Bates Motel
Posts: 3,768
Default Re: The Official TASM2 Costume Thread!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWallCrawler View Post
*pfft* Lizard juice? what does that even mean?
Yeah! Look at this picture! He can't make Lizard Juice!


__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shockdingo View Post
By day, a normal mild mannered fellow. By night, he is Dr. Perky, a brutal vigilante known for breaking the limbs of the corrupt and heartless....all while in a cuddly bear costume. BEWARE BE BEAR!!!!! Summer 2011.
My Deviantart
PSN ID:NerdHerd9707
I won't push it on you but if you'd like to ask me about Christ, I'm here.
webhead9707 is offline  
Old 02-16-2013, 08:40 PM   #158
Supa
Side-Kick
 
Supa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 701
Default Re: The Official TASM2 Costume Thread!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWallCrawler View Post
*pfft* Lizard juice? what does that even mean?
Hey, you think you can just rip off a prehensile tail and not get icky sticky lizard juice on your nice new suit?

Supa is offline  
Old 02-16-2013, 09:03 PM   #159
VenomSpawn
WAAAAAAAAA
 
VenomSpawn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: New York
Posts: 6,223
Default Re: The Official TASM2 Costume Thread!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Supa View Post
Maybe he remakes the costume because of how dirty it was. He was hanging around the sewers quite a bit, plus all the sweat, blood, and Lizard juice on it. I bet it smells like crap.
He had already completely fixed it at the end of the movie.

__________________
VenomSpawn is offline  
Old 02-16-2013, 09:55 PM   #160
Jexx
the Emerald Eagle
 
Jexx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Manhattan, New York City
Posts: 1,659
Default Re: The Official TASM2 Costume Thread!!

Yup, in the final swing the suit is repaired, the web shooters are repaired, and he obviously was planning on using that suit for a little while still.

Unless final swings aren't exactly canon?

__________________
OSCORP INDUSTRIES I.D.
Joshua Hunt
Codename:
Emerald Eagle
Position:Head Assistant Researcher
Department(s):Nano-tech, Cross-Species Genetics


Why Peter Parker in The Amazing Spider-Man isn't a 'dick' or a 'brooding loner'.
Jexx is offline  
Old 02-16-2013, 10:02 PM   #161
AF3619
You´re those Spider-guys!
 
AF3619's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: México
Posts: 8,186
Default Re: The Official TASM2 Costume Thread!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jexx View Post
Yup, in the final swing the suit is repaired, the web shooters are repaired, and he obviously was planning on using that suit for a little while still.

Unless final swings aren't exactly canon?
i guess.....

__________________
avvy by Hunter Rider
AF3619 is offline  
Old 02-17-2013, 04:16 AM   #162
Valkyrje
Monstah Lobstah
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 359
Default Re: The Official TASM2 Costume Thread!!

Maybe the movie will start with his TASM costume, and he changes it over time

Valkyrje is offline  
Old 02-17-2013, 04:56 AM   #163
Repulsor Blast
Walloping Websnappers
 
Repulsor Blast's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Adelaide, Australia
Posts: 4,061
Default Re: The Official TASM2 Costume Thread!!

i hope the last swing was canon cos it was the best part of the film for me haha.

__________________
Looks like you're a born loooooooooooooooserrrrrrrr

www.redlettermedia.com
Repulsor Blast is offline  
Old 02-17-2013, 05:02 AM   #164
Repulsor Blast
Walloping Websnappers
 
Repulsor Blast's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Adelaide, Australia
Posts: 4,061
Default Re: The Official TASM2 Costume Thread!!

speaking of the costume, i hope they change the material, because in the non-cgi scenes, it would have constant wrinkles and folds and air pockets visible, which not only looked bad, but reinforced which shots were cgi and which were not. cgi should be as seamless as possible, so yeah...

__________________
Looks like you're a born loooooooooooooooserrrrrrrr

www.redlettermedia.com
Repulsor Blast is offline  
Old 02-17-2013, 05:05 AM   #165
Ultra Nolanite
Side-Kick
 
Ultra Nolanite's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 2,190
Default Re: The Official TASM2 Costume Thread!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Supa View Post
Maybe he remakes the costume because of how dirty it was. He was hanging around the sewers quite a bit, plus all the sweat, blood, and Lizard juice on it. I bet it smells like crap.
I don't think we need an explanation. Unless it's radically different, I doubt people will care.
Haha, it always bothered me how right after the sewer fight he went straight to Gwen. You just know that she's thinking "Duuuude !!!"

Ultra Nolanite is offline  
Old 02-17-2013, 08:00 AM   #166
Mako
Galactic Crusier
 
Mako's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Location: The Multiverse
Posts: 5,812
Default Re: The Official TASM2 Costume Thread!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Repulsor Blast View Post
speaking of the costume, i hope they change the material, because in the non-cgi scenes, it would have constant wrinkles and folds and air pockets visible, which not only looked bad, but reinforced which shots were cgi and which were not. cgi should be as seamless as possible, so yeah...
Yea I gotta agree it's something that I've noticed since the first Spidey.

__________________
"Hey Laser Lips, Your momma was a snow blower!"
Mako is offline  
Old 02-17-2013, 08:55 AM   #167
Scarlettess
and a 1..2..3..4
 
Scarlettess's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: a black box away from reality
Posts: 2,680
Default Re: The Official TASM2 Costume Thread!!

I liked that the suit had crinkles when he moved...but i believe that why Andrews bulking up a bit more so probably look more like the CG version. Though I hope not too much, as I love the skinny look.

__________________
Quote:
‎ Part of the beauty of Spider-Man is he's covered head to toe, you can't see his skin colour or sexual orientation, and what's important is that he's a hero. He stands for the underdog and those that need protecting." - Andrew Garfield
Doctor: Ooh baby I'm beating out a samba!
Scarlettess is offline  
Old 02-17-2013, 01:07 PM   #168
Smegger56
The Smegginator
 
Smegger56's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: ScouseLand, Liverpool, England
Posts: 2,490
Default Re: The Official TASM2 Costume Thread!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scarlettess View Post
I liked that the suit had crinkles when he moved...but i believe that why Andrews bulking up a bit more so probably look more like the CG version. Though I hope not too much, as I love the skinny look.
Agreed. I hope that the gangly, skinnier look of spidey remains. His physique was spot on in TASM IMO.

__________________
[Beware! The White Wolf is coming.]
Smegger56 is offline  
Old 02-17-2013, 02:16 PM   #169
Spider-Ranger
aka Goran
 
Spider-Ranger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Augusta Vindelicorum
Posts: 4,344
Default Re: The Official TASM2 Costume Thread!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by AllanGordon View Post
This is my theory...


TASM2 opens up with the TASM suit. Spidey encounters Electro for the first time and his suit gets burned, lenses melt/fry, webshooters short-circuit and whatnot. This gives him a new reason to construct a new suit. The new lenses are there to maybe lessen the brightness of lightning flashes, or they're made of a different material that keeps them unaffected by electricity. The suit is insulated so he can't be shocked. The web shooters are modified to be impervious to electricity. Stuff like that. It'd be cool and serves as a perfect reason for a new suit.
I like that

Spider-Ranger is offline  
Old 02-17-2013, 03:57 PM   #170
Kirmit
Big Green Machine.
 
Kirmit's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: UK
Posts: 3,351
Default Re: The Official TASM2 Costume Thread!!

It is nice when there's a story behind the change in suit but I won't be bothered if there isn't one.

__________________
Puny Human.
Kirmit is offline  
Old 02-17-2013, 05:12 PM   #171
storyteller
Side-Kick
 
storyteller's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Posts: 4,155
Default Re: The Official TASM2 Costume Thread!!

I don't think there needs to be anything but a slight mention. Peter ears his suit because thinks it looks cool.

Now I think most of would be happy with the classic design. Here are my improvements.
The lens I think they have realized just didn't come across on screen. They were blue and yellow but in the film it typically looks black and white. So why not go with it. The manips seem to be ignoring reflections. Imagine the old lenses but no hint of yellow.

Those stripes on the legs need to go. They honestly serve no purpose and a lot of the positioning on Spidey in the movie ignores it. I love the wrist design though. Up the the elbow I would totally keep it. I'd lose the stripe running vertical though. It's not as bad as the legs but it's not the best. Lose the silver boots. They can keep the boots, just lose the silver coloring.

Give Spider-man a belt. It's clearly not working one bit. Oh and I guess actually have him use said belt in the film. On the back the upper body of the spider creates this polygon cut out. Bring the spider down and fill that area in. But not the biggest of deals.

My biggest change is that need to get rid of that dark crouch. I know why they have it but it showed up on screen and was a distraction. Maguire and his stunt guys didn't seem to have an issue.

Also I think Garfield needs to put on weight. His ass is like really tiny. I'm a straight male but I think Spider-man needs to have a bigger ass. It worked for Tobey.

__________________
------------------------------------------

Its time to be a man..................and run away.
storyteller is offline  
Old 02-17-2013, 05:20 PM   #172
VenomSpawn
WAAAAAAAAA
 
VenomSpawn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: New York
Posts: 6,223
Default Re: The Official TASM2 Costume Thread!!

I for one thought Garfield had an amazing ass in TASM.

__________________
VenomSpawn is offline  
Old 02-17-2013, 06:24 PM   #173
TheWallCrawler
hero or a menace?
 
TheWallCrawler's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 6,457
Default Re: The Official TASM2 Costume Thread!!

I hope they'll have a realistic reason for why he worked out his buttocks

TheWallCrawler is offline  
Old 02-17-2013, 06:30 PM   #174
webhead9707
Dr. Perky
 
webhead9707's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Bates Motel
Posts: 3,768
Default Re: The Official TASM2 Costume Thread!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by storyteller View Post
I don't think there needs to be anything but a slight mention. Peter ears his suit because thinks it looks cool.

Now I think most of would be happy with the classic design. Here are my improvements.
The lens I think they have realized just didn't come across on screen. They were blue and yellow but in the film it typically looks black and white. So why not go with it. The manips seem to be ignoring reflections. Imagine the old lenses but no hint of yellow.

Those stripes on the legs need to go. They honestly serve no purpose and a lot of the positioning on Spidey in the movie ignores it. I love the wrist design though. Up the the elbow I would totally keep it. I'd lose the stripe running vertical though. It's not as bad as the legs but it's not the best. Lose the silver boots. They can keep the boots, just lose the silver coloring.

Give Spider-man a belt. It's clearly not working one bit. Oh and I guess actually have him use said belt in the film. On the back the upper body of the spider creates this polygon cut out. Bring the spider down and fill that area in. But not the biggest of deals.

My biggest change is that need to get rid of that dark crouch. I know why they have it but it showed up on screen and was a distraction. Maguire and his stunt guys didn't seem to have an issue.

Also I think Garfield needs to put on weight. His ass is like really tiny. I'm a straight male but I think Spider-man needs to have a bigger ass. It worked for Tobey.
Hey now, that's just how us lanky folks are. I HAVE NO BUTT.

__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shockdingo View Post
By day, a normal mild mannered fellow. By night, he is Dr. Perky, a brutal vigilante known for breaking the limbs of the corrupt and heartless....all while in a cuddly bear costume. BEWARE BE BEAR!!!!! Summer 2011.
My Deviantart
PSN ID:NerdHerd9707
I won't push it on you but if you'd like to ask me about Christ, I'm here.
webhead9707 is offline  
Old 02-17-2013, 06:35 PM   #175
TheWallCrawler
hero or a menace?
 
TheWallCrawler's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 6,457
Default Re: The Official TASM2 Costume Thread!!

oh... it must be so hard on you when all your friends are going to the woods to push out their feces and you can't join them

TheWallCrawler is offline  
Closed Thread

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:19 AM.

monitoring_string = "dee460792f24517621e3ca080805de7e"



Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
SuperHeroHype.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2017 All Rights Reserved.