everything wrong with it 4 7.69%
honest trailer 20 38.46%
how it should have ended 26 50.00%
other 2 3.85%
Voters: 52. You may not vote on this poll

Old 07-29-2015, 03:59 PM   #51
SerialPeacemake
Banned User

Default Re: everything wrong with it vs honest trailers vs how it should have ended

The biggest problem I have with Cinemasins is more than half of their so called "sins" aren't really flaws to begin with .They either have perfectly logical( either in world, real life or both),well explained in the movie itself or very easy to deduce by any thinking member of the audience.The rest are padded by personal nitpicking(which is based solely on the writer's "taste"), they could trim the videos lengths by half if they focussed on real , legitimate movie flaws.

Yeah, I know they are being purposely bad for "comedic" license but seeing them fumbles at simple reasoning doesn't pique my interest for long.I can't stand critics who are bad at their job ( the same reason why I stopped watching Grace Randolph).

SerialPeacemake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2015, 05:55 PM   #52
samsnee
Side-Kick

Default Re: everything wrong with it vs honest trailers vs how it should have ended

Cinema sins was better when they were 3-5 minute videos. Now they're 20 minutes and the narrators voice has gotten even more whiny and insufferable.

samsnee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2015, 12:06 AM   #53
spider-neil
spins a web any size!

Quote:
Originally Posted by samsnee View Post
Cinema sins was better when they were 3-5 minute videos. Now they're 20 minutes and the narrators voice has gotten even more whiny and insufferable.
I've since stopped watching them for this reason.

Genuine flaw;
T2 - T-1000 pokes his finger through Sarah Conner's shoulder and says 'Call to John' but the T-1000 can mimic anything it comes into physical connect so could have called to John himself.

Bull**** flaw:
Cinema Sins - Actress is not giving a lap dance in this scene.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SerialPeacemake View Post
I can't stand critics who are bad at their job ( the same reason why I stopped watching Grace Randolph).
This! A million times this. I stopped watching her because she doesn't know what the **** she is talking about.

Last edited by spider-neil; 07-30-2015 at 12:11 AM.
spider-neil is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2015, 02:34 PM   #54
Matt Mortem
You'll Float Too

Cinemsins is the absolute worst. It's all whiny nitpicking. HISHE just isn't my kinda comedy so I don't watch them. Honest Trailers are one of my favorite things on the internet. Always 100% accurate and 100% funny.

Matt Mortem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2015, 06:03 PM   #55
Napoleon
Banned User

If CinemaSins is doing a bad movie, then they're good, but if it's a movie they genuinely like (for example Dawn of the Planet of the Apes) they fail miserably. Honest Trailers is good most of the time but their blatant Marvel bias kind of annoys me. HISHE is the best IMO, if only for Super Cafe.

Napoleon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2015, 06:18 PM   #56
mad pigeon
Newbie First Class

I'd go for Honest Trailers - they're fun. CinemaSins thrash every movie that they analyse and they get annoying and over the top. HISHE is great but they never really caught my eye.

mad pigeon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2015, 12:12 AM   #57
jmc
away for a while

Cinemas Sins is the type of concept that works best when it's short, I've seen some vids which get close to 20 mins which is too much time IMO, it becomes whiny after more than 4 or 5 minuets. If I was running the channel I'd stick with the obvious problems in the film, have fun with it and keep it short.

jmc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2015, 01:55 AM   #58
spider-neil
spins a web any size!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmc View Post
Cinemas Sins is the type of concept that works best when it's short, I've seen some vids which get close to 20 mins which is too much time IMO, it becomes whiny after more than 4 or 5 minuets. If I was running the channel I'd stick with the obvious problems in the film, have fun with it and keep it short.
I agree. They should make a 15 first pass and then cut those 15 minutes down to 5 minutes. That would get rid of most of the nit picks and leave only genuine flaws. I used to like the show in the beginning when it 7 minutes but have since stopped now that the videos are 15 long nit pick fests.

spider-neil is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2015, 02:15 AM   #59
Marvolo
Side-Kick

I stopped watching Cinemasins when their videos started reaching 20 minutes in length.

The Most Astounding Fact (Neil deGrasse Tyson, HD):
Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:
Marvolo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2015, 07:24 AM   #60
cleverusername8
Side-Kick

Voted other because I'm feeling a solid split between HISHE and Honest Trailers. Both have had their great videos and stupid ones. And both's qualities have been wishy washy lately. But I've definitely enjoyed both overall.

To me, Cinema Sins is a painfully unfunny attempt to capitalize on what the other two already do. Brevity is the soul of wit is lost on the guy/people who make that series. They try to do the whole setup/punchline thing in such a long and drawn out way repeatedly. And all of their criticisms of movies are straight up nitpicks whereas Honest Trailers and HISHE take the major flaws, plot holes, and silliness and just target those to make fun of.

cleverusername8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2015, 07:57 AM   #61
Batman jr.
Proud Nolanite

Bad lip sync.

Especially the Walking Dead & Hunger Games ones.

Favorite Nolan TDKR-trilogy scene of the moment: Alfred burning the letter.
Batman jr. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2015, 11:09 AM   #62
DA_Champion
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by spider-neil View Post
I've since stopped watching them for this reason.

Genuine flaw;
T2 - T-1000 pokes his finger through Sarah Conner's shoulder and says 'Call to John' but the T-1000 can mimic anything it comes into physical connect so could have called to John himself.

Bull**** flaw:
Cinema Sins - Actress is not giving a lap dance in this scene.

This! A million times this. I stopped watching her because she doesn't know what the **** she is talking about.
Just FYI the T-1000 was damaged.

DA_Champion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2015, 12:44 PM   #63
henzINNIT
Side-Kick

Cinemasins gets too much hate. It's supposed to be petty. They only seem to annoy people when the film they pick isn't already regarded as terrible. Anyone who upsets that hack Damon Lindelof gets a pass in my book.

Honest Trailers are probably my favourites though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DA_Champion View Post
Just FYI the T-1000 was damaged.
It still imitated her voice later though.

Old 01-06-2016, 02:21 PM   #64
XtremelyBaneful
XOTWOD

Quote:
Originally Posted by henzINNIT View Post
Cinemasins gets too much hate. It's supposed to be petty. They only seem to annoy people when the film they pick isn't already regarded as terrible. Anyone who upsets that hack Damon Lindelof gets a pass in my book.

Honest Trailers are probably my favourites though.

It still imitated her voice later though.
If it's supposed to be petty then it gets kind of annoying. It's better when they point out flaws with just the sarcastic humor.

Indeed
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sexy Magician View Post
'you know what let this discussion go.'
Haha
XtremelyBaneful is offline   Reply With Quote