The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Fantastic Four > Fantastic Four

Old 08-18-2015, 04:56 AM   #726
psylockolussus
X-Men ♥ Fantastic Four

Default Re: Can you see this? The Invisible Woman thread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hulk-1700 View Post
Nope. Johnny had a real pre-existing relationship with Victor as we can see from their interaction and he also had qualms with Franklin. Whatever inner conflicts Sue had, they weren't touched on like they did for Johnny, Reed & Victor.

I do agree they all needed more development but there's no way Sue's character was more developed than Johnny's.

She barely even interacted or had a connection with the man who's supposed to become her future husband.
And you don't think Sue didn't have any pre-existing relationship with Johny, Victor and Franklin? Sue was the one at the science fair with Franklin and out of three, Sue actually had more interaction with Reed. Then Victor, they were hinting that Victor was attracted to Sue. They even let us know that Sue was adopted and which country she came from and her scenes with Franklin, Reed and Johnny.

I don't know if you are basing it to the amount of screentime that they were showing off their powers. But besides Johnny's little moments with his dad, throwing jokes to Victor/Ben and flaming on. I don't see how he's the second wheel of the group. Johnny didn't even have a real conversation with Reed, from the first time that they met, the drinking scene, Planet Zero and their reunion hug... nope. I didn't see it.

Last edited by psylockolussus; 08-18-2015 at 04:59 AM.
psylockolussus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2015, 05:17 AM   #727
I SEE SPIDEY
DC/Marvel/Movie Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Majik1387 View Post
Maybe because he really didn't want Mara in the role for whatever his reasons were.
He should grow up then because no director gets 100% of what they want when doing a big budget film.

BOX OFFICE PREDICTIONS:
BATMAN V SUPERMAN-1.3 billion
SUICIDE SQUAD-700mil

SNYDER/AYER/JENKINS/WAN/AFFLECK
I SEE SPIDEY is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2015, 12:02 PM   #728
metaphysician
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Majik1387 View Post
Maybe because he really didn't want Mara in the role for whatever his reasons were.
Well, if my theory is correct, its not that he didn't want Mara, its that he didn't want *Sue*. Which I suppose fits with the "Chronicle 2" idea, if you assume Trank only wants to tell stories about a bunch of teenage boys, no girls allowed.

metaphysician is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2015, 12:07 PM   #729
Eddie
Side-Kick

From the plot descriptions I've read, Trank didn't seem to want Sue, Ben, Johnny, Reed, or Victor...

Old 08-18-2015, 12:58 PM   #730
Dark Raven
The Gal from Themysicra

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddie View Post
From the plot descriptions I've read, Trank didn't seem to want Sue, Ben, Johnny, Reed, or Victor...
That's why it's FFINO, because he was forced to fit these characters to the ones he had in his mind.

Old 08-19-2015, 07:21 AM   #731
Hulk-1700
Perfection

Quote:
Originally Posted by psylockolussus View Post
And you don't think Sue didn't have any pre-existing relationship with Johny, Victor and Franklin? Sue was the one at the science fair with Franklin and out of three, Sue actually had more interaction with Reed. Then Victor, they were hinting that Victor was attracted to Sue. They even let us know that Sue was adopted and which country she came from and her scenes with Franklin, Reed and Johnny.
Yes, she did but they didn't delve deeply into it. There was a sense that she was disconnected from Johnny but it's not expanded on...whereas we get a better look as to why Franklin and Johnny have a distant relationship. Sue barely reacts to Reed in the library & up until the arrival of their powers each of her interactions with him were fairly brief.

Quote:
I don't know if you are basing it to the amount of screentime that they were showing off their powers. But besides Johnny's little moments with his dad, throwing jokes to Victor/Ben and flaming on. I don't see how he's the second wheel of the group. Johnny didn't even have a real conversation with Reed, from the first time that they met, the drinking scene, Planet Zero and their reunion hug... nope. I didn't see it.
I'm not basing it on their powers, but it is a pretty clear fact that Johnny was made to look as if he had the more important role. Why else would Sue be the only one who doesn't actually go on the trip? There were a million ways the story could've been told with her being right there, front and center.

And it's not like I have something against Sue, I'm just aware that she was unfairly treated (again) within the confines of the film by being regulated to more of a secondary "I was just sorta there so I'm with the team" kind of role.

Last edited by Hulk-1700; 08-19-2015 at 07:24 AM.
Hulk-1700 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2015, 11:47 AM   #732
psylockolussus
X-Men ♥ Fantastic Four

Expanded or not... Sue was the one at the science fair, found Reed, convinced Reed to fix the Quantum Gate, Victor had a crush on her and had moments with his brother and dad. So personally, whether her role is lacking or not, she's still the 2nd wheel of the group.

And I've said before... Sue would not allow those "drunk" guys to go to Planet Zero without supervision, those three (as workers for the Baxter Institute) actually broke the rules... in fact she actually helped those three return to Earth or else those three would have been stuck in the Planet Zero.

Last edited by psylockolussus; 08-20-2015 at 11:51 AM.
psylockolussus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2015, 12:34 PM   #733
Quasar
Side-Kick

If she'd just used her pattern recognition, she couldn't realized they'd do something stupid for fame and stopped the whole thing from happening. Though Doom probably unplugged her headset to stop her from stopping them.

Old Yesterday, 11:27 AM   #734
tacit-ronin-
#MarlonWayans4Joker

http://forums.superherohype.com/show...&postcount=161
Margot Robbie was offered to play the Invisible Woman before Kate Mara got the part and she declined because she didn't like the script.

tacit-ronin- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 12:05 PM   #735
Wheels
There's been an awakening
SHH! Global Moderator

Thank goodness she's playing Harley instead.

Quote:
Well, the Force is what gives a Jedi his power. It's an energy field created by all living things. It surrounds us and penetrates us; it binds the galaxy together
-- Obi-Wan Kenobi
Wheels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 12:37 PM   #736
Marathon
Side-Kick

The definition of bullet dodged.

This is a historic level turd.
Marathon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 06:32 PM   #737
metaphysician
Side-Kick

That's not just a bullet dodged, that's hypersonic 16 inch railgun round /w nuclear tip dodged.

metaphysician is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 09:14 PM   #738
Saitou Hajime
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by tacit-ronin- View Post
http://forums.superherohype.com/show...&postcount=161
Margot Robbie was offered to play the Invisible Woman before Kate Mara got the part and she declined because she didn't like the script.
Hey, what's not to love about the role? Pattern recognizing and keyboard typing can be quote scintillating.

Saitou Hajime is offline   Reply With Quote