The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > General Movies > Marvel Films

Old 01-08-2014, 11:41 AM   #351
H.U.S.T.L.E.
Side-Kick

Default Re: Daredevil reboot in the near future?

So I'm not as familiar to Daredevil as I am some of the other Marvel heroes... while I understand his stomping grounds are traditionally Hell's Kitchen, why can't we just make his home turf NYC proper? Is that infringing too much on Spidey's realm or does it drastically change Daredevil's character by branching him out to other neighborhoods & boroughs of NYC?

H.U.S.T.L.E. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2014, 11:49 AM   #352
Dark Raven
The Gal from Themysicra

Quote:
Originally Posted by H.U.S.T.L.E. View Post
So I'm not as familiar to Daredevil as I am some of the other Marvel heroes... while I understand his stomping grounds are traditionally Hell's Kitchen, why can't we just make his home turf NYC proper? Is that infringing too much on Spidey's realm or does it drastically change Daredevil's character by branching him out to other neighborhoods & boroughs of NYC?
In the comics, DD can't read a map or subway map (he's blind), so he doesn't know how to get to any other place in NY other than Hells Kitchen. That does limit his stomping ground, and he's never even visited any of the touristy places in the city, but what's he gonna do? He has to stay where he's familiar.

Old 01-08-2014, 12:39 PM   #353
Blind_Lawyer
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Raven View Post
In the comics, DD can't read a map or subway map (he's blind), so he doesn't know how to get to any other place in NY other than Hells Kitchen. That does limit his stomping ground, and he's never even visited any of the touristy places in the city, but what's he gonna do? He has to stay where he's familiar.
And yet, he goes to Japan.

Anyway @ H.U.S.T.L.E. if you're not familiar with Daredevil, I suggest you change that right away! Very awesome character. And it doesn't hurt that some good writers have worked on his various books through the ages.

Blind_Lawyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2014, 12:59 PM   #354
Dark Raven
The Gal from Themysicra

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blind_Lawyer View Post

Anyway @ H.U.S.T.L.E. if you're not familiar with Daredevil, I suggest you change that right away! Very awesome character. And it doesn't hurt that some good writers have worked on his various books through the ages.
Well he didn't even know where he was going. Someone just gave him a ticket, and he thought he was just heading to a special reading of "Blindness" by Jose Saramango in Portugal, little suspecting that he'd end up in Japan on a bizarre Japanese game show.

Old 01-09-2014, 08:26 AM   #355
H.U.S.T.L.E.
Side-Kick

Quote:
Thanks for the info!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blind_Lawyer View Post

Yeah, I've been meaning to buy some Daredevil books, but I've got a stack of things to get through before I spend any more money haha. And while I'm generally familiar with Daredevil & his supporting characters, it's the details that make them great & I just haven't spent enough time on him to make a determination on whether NYC is too broad of an area for the guy. That's why I asked, but I will definitely get there at some point!

H.U.S.T.L.E. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2014, 04:59 AM   #356
Gr0oT
I AM GROOT

Unlike my whining about Iron Fist I can definitely see Daredevil working well on t.v., hopefully it'll contrast largely with Agents of SHIELD by really embracing its comic routes, having him have a recognizable costume, hopefully dealing with the likes of the Owl, Typhoid Mary, and other such nuts right out of the gate.

Gr0oT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2014, 06:52 AM   #357
Dark Raven
The Gal from Themysicra

I honestly hope it's completely different from AOS in tone, storytelling, etc.

Old 01-16-2014, 08:44 AM   #358
Mr.M
Side-Kick

I don't watch any shows on network television, or even basic cable with a few exceptions. Even if this is Netflix only, I wouldn't know what to expect. I'd like something on HBO or Showtime, but this thing probably needs a bigger budget so premium cable would be out of the question.

Mr.M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2014, 12:54 PM   #359
Dr. Evil
Gamora

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.M View Post
I don't watch any shows on network television, or even basic cable with a few exceptions. Even if this is Netflix only, I wouldn't know what to expect. I'd like something on HBO or Showtime, but this thing probably needs a bigger budget so premium cable would be out of the question.
The Netflix shows have a lot of sex and cursing....and nudity.

My MCU Rankings: 1. The Avengers- 9/10, 2. Captain America: The Winter Soldier- 9/10, 3. Guardians of the Galaxy- 9/10 , 4. Iron Man- 8.5/10, 5. Captain America: The First Avenger- 8/10, 6. Thor- 8/10, 7. Iron Man 2- 7.5/10, 8. Thor: The Dark World- 7/10, 9. Iron Man 3- 7/10, 10. The Incredible Hulk- 6/10
Dr. Evil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2014, 01:09 PM   #360
gohei_
Infected by Pentapox

I ask her during dinner, what's her top 3 favorite movies. If she doesn't list Star Wars as at least #2. I excuse myself to the bathroom and crawl out the window. :up:
gohei_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2014, 01:18 PM   #361
Gr0oT
I AM GROOT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Evil View Post
The Netflix shows have a lot of sex and cursing....and nudity.
While I doubt Marvel will take full advantage of that it gives me a lot of hope for four gritty shows and a very probable chance of seeing a proper Punisher!

Old 01-16-2014, 01:46 PM   #362
Dark Raven
The Gal from Themysicra

I wonder if we'll ever see a comic book movie where a known character bares her boobs.

Old 01-16-2014, 02:30 PM   #363
Gr0oT
I AM GROOT

Watchmen?

Old 01-16-2014, 03:55 PM   #364
Dark Raven
The Gal from Themysicra

I don't remember what happened in there.

Old 01-16-2014, 04:13 PM   #365
Slushy
The Man

Aaron Eeckhart is in talks for a Marvel film. I think he would make a good Daredevil!

Twitter: SlushyWWE
Slushy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2014, 05:03 PM   #366
Dark Raven
The Gal from Themysicra

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slushy View Post
Aaron Eeckhart is in talks for a Marvel film. I think he would make a good Daredevil!
Where did you hear that?

Old 01-16-2014, 05:06 PM   #367
Gr0oT
I AM GROOT

Quote:
I don't remember what happened in there.
You see Silk Spectre's glorious mammories in her Nite Owl sex scene.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slushy View Post
Not sure he'd be enticed to partake in a Netflix series, then again he might be open to anything once I, Frankenstein fails miserably.

Old 01-16-2014, 05:10 PM   #368
Dark Raven
The Gal from Themysicra

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gr0oT View Post

Not sure he'd be enticed to partake in a Netflix series, then again he might be open to anything once I, Frankenstein fails miserably.
Well, she's not as known as an established comic book heroine. I don't remember that scene anyway for some reason. I'm not sure I even made it all the way through that movie.

Old 01-16-2014, 05:45 PM   #369
Gr0oT
I AM GROOT

Quote:
Well, she's not as known as an established comic book heroine. I don't remember that scene anyway for some reason. I'm not sure I even made it all the way through that movie.
I think you're out of luck then.
Hollywood doesn't seem to be near letting go its strange moral stance on nudity.
Just look as some of the terrifyingly violent stuff we've seen in Agents of SHIELD, people burnt to death, exposed brains and more and that's on ABC!
That gets a pass but if you'd let Skye's nip slip some would act like the foundations of America were about to crumble.

So yeah... You'll see Captain America throwing people into propellers and Superman snapping necks but you'll never see the Black Widow do some covert seduction or Wonder Women being a proper Amazonian.

Old 01-22-2014, 01:38 AM   #370
Saitou Hajime
Side-Kick

That latest Raid 2 trailer is how I envisioned the new DD. A war between the law and the underworld with a bunch of inhuman martial artists in the mix. Throw in a little courtroom thriller on the side and you're set.

Saitou Hajime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2014, 06:47 AM   #371
cherokeesam
SHIELD Director Coulson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gr0oT View Post

I think Kevin Spacey's successful foray into Netflix on "House of Cards" has attracted a lot more interest from "serious-minded" actors and directors. I doubt Eckhart would have any qualms about the medium.

And yeah, Eck would make a great Matt.

I'm also going to throw Mark Wahlberg's hat --- er, mask --- into the ring. I think he'd be awesome as Hornhead.

...They move like slick cotton on oil.

---Echostation, 3/18/2014
cherokeesam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2014, 11:08 AM   #372
Dark Raven
The Gal from Themysicra

Quote:
Originally Posted by cherokeesam View Post
I think Kevin Spacey's successful foray into Netflix on "House of Cards" has attracted a lot more interest from "serious-minded" actors and directors. I doubt Eckhart would have any qualms about the medium.

And yeah, Eck would make a great Matt.

I'm also going to throw Mark Wahlberg's hat --- er, mask --- into the ring. I think he'd be awesome as Hornhead.
I think Wahlberg might fall short of the marky mark.