The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Batman > The Dark Knight Rises

Old 03-06-2016, 05:02 PM   #151
Team Andino
The Paragon of Virtue

Default Re: The TDKR General Discussion Thread - - - - - - - Part 156

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kane52630 View Post
Mondo posted this a couple months ago...

THE DARK KNIGHT by Laurent Durieux
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Joker View Post
^ That is beautiful.
Poster is beautiful, but can you guys tell what Batman's holding?

Team Andino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2016, 05:10 PM   #152
The Joker
The Clown Prince of Crime

Quote:
Originally Posted by Team Andino View Post
Poster is beautiful, but can you guys tell what Batman's holding?
Joker's clown mask.

- The Joker
The Joker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2016, 05:14 PM   #153
Team Andino
The Paragon of Virtue

Quote:
Joker's clown mask.
Ah thanks, now I see it clear as day.

Team Andino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2016, 12:28 AM   #154
AnneFan
Hathaway #1

That poster is touching to me. Because we know Heath is gone, and it's like Batman is reflecting on the props he left behind. Great poster.

Old 03-07-2016, 08:35 PM   #155
Kane52630
Just Some Nut

You can't beat Pure West

Adam West is the Best Batman, According to Christian Bale

Quote:
"It depends on who you talk with. You can't beat Adam West, it just depends what you're in the mood for. I love watching Adam West."​

Old 03-07-2016, 10:02 PM   #156
shauner111
Side-Kick

If you want a good laugh, West is the best. But who else would you go for when you're in that kind of silly mood? He's the only one that comes to mind. So there's no real contest.

For me it's Conroy, Keaton, Bale, with a slice of Weller. Not in that order. Nobody else matters. The rest of em' suck. West, i can appreciate if im in the mood for something that borderlines on "spoof" but that's not Batman to me. Kilmer had potential but didn't nail it in the end which is a damn shame.

Conroy doesn't count because i don't think he would be able to pull it off in live-action. Keaton works as a top Batman pick because he's awesome but his Bruce is just the Keats. So guess who the winner is? My Batman is Bale.

I don't care what you say Christian, you've been my favorite Batman since 2005 and here we are in 2016, my opinion hasn't changed. Even if i choose Ben in a few weeks, you represented the most realistic one. Nolan treated him like how we treat athletes (a 40 year old is treated like they're 55. As opposed to Batfleck who is treated like a pure comic book fantasy. Which is fine btw). Bale DELIVERED. If Batman existed in our world, it would be like Bale's and he would probably act the way he did.

So, nothing but respect for Christian Bale. You were not overshadowed by Heath. Even if you were, there were two other films without Heath, where Batman was the main focus.

"Lets make one thing very clear here - Nolan's films are as faithful an adaptation as there is. It pays homage to its source material, remains true to its characters and above all else places the story first and foremost." - jmc
shauner111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2016, 10:29 PM   #157
The Joker

I don't just love Adam West because of the humor. I find there's more to him than that.

His Batman embodies a truly great hero, moral, selfless, smart, and with a heart. You cannot beat the friendship and camaraderie he has with his "old chum" Robin. He loves old Alfred, and sweet blissfully ignorant Aunt Harriet. How can you not love when he and Robin arrange for her to meet Batman and Robin on her birthday as a surprise, and give her a kiss on the cheek before they leave. I know that on paper that sounds cheesy but the actors made it work so well as a genuinely touching moment. His respect and friendship with Gordon and O'Hara is second to none. When Neil Hamilton's Gordon says "Our only hope is the caped crusader" you believe it.

He has the duality, as his Bruce Wayne is so straight edged, acts like a helpless fop in times of crisis, totally plays up the whole philanthropic business man side. He extends the hand of help to some of the poor misguided molls who worked for the villains after they see the error of their ways to help them rebuild their lives and get a fresh start. His Bruce Wayne has lost his heart and gotten it broken (see the Batman movie). Shunned chances to be in a relationship because he puts his crime fighting life first. His chemistry with Catwomen Meriwether and especially Newmar was fantastic.

Sure there's heaps of camp associated with West's Batman, but there is heart and emotion there, too, and a lesser actor would have looked totally ridiculous trying to do that in a predominately campy show, but West pulled it off big time, IMO. It's one of the many reasons why he has endured as a cult icon and fan favorite, even in the face of so many new darker Batmen, West has endured.

No wonder Bale loves him best. West is one of my favorite live action Batmans, second only to Bale.

- The Joker

Last edited by The Joker; 03-07-2016 at 10:56 PM.
Old 03-08-2016, 12:43 AM   #158
shauner111
Side-Kick

Meh, it's not my bag. I do agree that there's heart compared to the cold, lifeless versions that seem to be so popular. But the acting etc is just not real enough or interesting enough for me. West nailed it though.

"Lets make one thing very clear here - Nolan's films are as faithful an adaptation as there is. It pays homage to its source material, remains true to its characters and above all else places the story first and foremost." - jmc
shauner111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2016, 02:07 AM   #159
AnneFan
Hathaway #1

Quote:
I don't just love Adam West because of the humor. I find there's more to him than that.

His Batman embodies a truly great hero, moral, selfless, smart, and with a heart. You cannot beat the friendship and camaraderie he has with his "old chum" Robin. He loves old Alfred, and sweet blissfully ignorant Aunt Harriet. How can you not love when he and Robin arrange for her to meet Batman and Robin on her birthday as a surprise, and give her a kiss on the cheek before they leave. I know that on paper that sounds cheesy but the actors made it work so well as a genuinely touching moment. His respect and friendship with Gordon and O'Hara is second to none. When Neil Hamilton's Gordon says "Our only hope is the caped crusader" you believe it.

He has the duality, as his Bruce Wayne is so straight edged, acts like a helpless fop in times of crisis, totally plays up the whole philanthropic business man side. He extends the hand of help to some of the poor misguided molls who worked for the villains after they see the error of their ways to help them rebuild their lives and get a fresh start. His Bruce Wayne has lost his heart and gotten it broken (see the Batman movie). Shunned chances to be in a relationship because he puts his crime fighting life first. His chemistry with Catwomen Meriwether and especially Newmar was fantastic.

Sure there's heaps of camp associated with West's Batman, but there is heart and emotion there, too, and a lesser actor would have looked totally ridiculous trying to do that in a predominately campy show, but West pulled it off big time, IMO. It's one of the many reasons why he has endured as a cult icon and fan favorite, even in the face of so many new darker Batmen, West has endured.

No wonder Bale loves him best. West is one of my favorite live action Batmans, second only to Bale.
All of this.

Old 03-08-2016, 02:35 AM   #160
ThePhantasm
2 sexy 4 a stormtrooper

Adam West is also Nolan's favorite Batman, if I recall correctly. In fact Nolan is a big fan of all things Batman 1960s.

Countdown to Mysterious Heroism | Ɉ |
ThePhantasm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2016, 06:09 AM   #161
The Joker

Indeed. He threw a couple of nods into his movies. Catwoman's costume was totally modeled after the show's, complete with the domino mask and the 'cat ears' sitting on top of her bare head. Joker's bank robber mask is just like the one Romero wore in his first Joker episode.

By all accounts Nolan has a framed poster of the 1966 Batman movie in his home, too.

- The Joker
Old 03-08-2016, 06:44 AM   #162
Panthro
Team Language

Quote:

Long Live TCM
Panthro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2016, 09:16 AM   #163
The Joker

West himself was chuffed with Bale's comments;

- The Joker
Old 03-10-2016, 05:43 PM   #164
DX
YES! YES! YES!

You know what they say, don't mess with the West.

It's the end of Sony as we know it and I feel GREAT!
DX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2016, 05:20 PM   #165
Kane52630
Just Some Nut

Not to bring in the whole Marvel vs DC bullcrap, but I'm really enjoying the WHIH viral videos. Mostly because it reminded me of the Gotham Tonight viral videos for TDK.

Old 05-03-2016, 06:22 PM   #166
Tacit Ronin
Banned User

edit.

Tacit Ronin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2016, 05:55 AM   #167
Spider-Aziz
Death Match Taunt

"When it comes to Batman, West means Best"
An actual quote from LEGO Batman 3

YOUTUBE
Michael Keaton's Batman is the ASMR master of superheroes.

The internet: You formed your personal opinion and liked something popular? You are part of the herd. You like something new and unpopular? Cult of the new.
Spider-Aziz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2016, 03:12 PM   #168
Panthro
Team Language

I want Adam West Batman meets George Reeves Superman. Make it happen DC!

Long Live TCM
Panthro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2016, 02:30 AM   #169
Kane52630
Just Some Nut

I'm surprised batman11 didn't show up to post this...but man he's done it again.

Old 05-13-2016, 04:02 AM   #170
titansupes
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kane52630 View Post
I'm surprised batman11 didn't show up to post this...but man he's done it again.

That's insane. Really great work. I think I've seen a much less impressive version of it before?

titansupes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2016, 08:24 AM   #171
AnneFan
Hathaway #1

Amazing job.

Old 05-13-2016, 10:22 AM   #172
Kane52630
Just Some Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by titansupes View Post
That's insane. Really great work. I think I've seen a much less impressive version of it before?
You probably have

Old 06-01-2016, 03:08 PM   #173
Kane52630
Just Some Nut

Old 06-20-2016, 04:34 PM   #174
StarLord
Boogeyman

Apologies if posted before folks. Tom Hardy does a bit of the Bane v Batman sewer speech... to his dog. Lol.

StarLord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2016, 06:46 PM   #175
JackWhite
Third Man

lol, Tom is awesome.

Although his cadence in that video is more in line with the speech at Blackgate rather than the sewer scene, but now I'm just being a nerd.

JackWhite is offline   Reply With Quote