The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > General Movies > Marvel Films

Closed Thread

Old Yesterday, 04:37 PM   #1001
CaptainWagner
I Don't Feel So Good

Default Re: MCU X-Men - Part 1

We have no reason to think that there WEREN'T known mutants who were ordered to register during Civil War. And did the Sokovia Accords even apply to individuals that weren't actually using their powers?

As for the mind wipe, that's a well-established part of Xavier's powers. And the ethical implications of it limits the extent to which he uses it.

"Dreams save us. Dreams lift us up and transform us. And on my soul I swear... until my dream of a world where dignity, honor and justice becomes the reality we all share... I'll never stop fighting. Ever."
- Superman
Old Yesterday, 04:49 PM   #1002
Marvel united
Avenger

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainWagner View Post
We have no reason to think that there WEREN'T known mutants who were ordered to register during Civil War. And did the Sokovia Accords even apply to individuals that weren't actually using their powers?

As for the mind wipe, that's a well-established part of Xavier's powers. And the ethical implications of it limits the extent to which he uses it.
Yeah, it applied to all enhanced individuals. That would definitely include mutants.

And the mind wipe idea would be the laziest way out of this whole thing and it will become a major problem if Xavier can take care of any threat the X-Men face with his powers. The "it's not ethical" excuse is not going to fly when the X-Men are being beaten to near death by a villain and Xavier refuses to step in.

I don't get why it's a problem. Just start the X-Men franchise off from the begining in the MCU, trying to do a legacy "passing of the torch" with a 30 year old team right from bat doesn't work for a plethora of reasons. Let the X-Men grow up naturally instead of skipping 15 years of development.

Old Yesterday, 04:49 PM   #1003
Thread Manager
SHH! Moderator

This thread is now closed it has a continuation thread Here

Closed Thread