The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Superman > Man of Steel

Closed Thread

Old 05-02-2013, 01:20 AM   #26
herolee10
No More Miracles

Default Re: All Things Superman: An Open Discussion - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Part 54

Anyways; the newest spot definitely gave me the sense of a full scale-like war theme going on in MOS; and in some ways, one could argue that while it may not go all out within the actual film, you do have a sense of two wars going on in MOS, with one taking place on Krypton and one taking place on Earth between Zod and Superman/Earth.

Old 05-02-2013, 01:20 AM   #27
Kryptonian Warrior
The Dawn Is Upon Us

Default Re: All Things Superman: An Open Discussion - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Part 54

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeXcalibur View Post
what is a made up concern? i notice the bluish grays of avengers and iron man, and see some of that in scenes that i would expect a warmer tone in the man of steel trailers. how is that made up?
Because nobody else BUT you sees them. Thus making something up.

http://www.blu-ray.com/community/col...n.php?u=230251
Old 05-02-2013, 01:21 AM   #28
LeXcalibur
Lord Luthor

Cs Funny Re: All Things Superman: An Open Discussion - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Part 54

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smallville13 View Post
This thread is amazing. Keep it going LeXcalibur!
thx, there is nothing wrong with finding some disagreements to discuss in order for more entertaining flow. you guys just want it to be--- guy 1: that's cool. guy 2: i am in agreement. guy 3: i concur.

Old 05-02-2013, 01:21 AM   #29
Kal-El.9859
Trust No One

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThePhantasm View Post

let's fucus on the argument at hand

Quote:
??? i truly don't get the point of this, please explain.
you're pulling crazy concerns out of your ass

........ -Michael Myers
Old 05-02-2013, 01:22 AM   #30
LeXcalibur
Lord Luthor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kryptonian Warrior View Post
The picture that Phantasm posted. I know you would like it to be about you, but it's not. It's become pretty obvious that you want to be the center of attention.
i thought it was funny too actually i was literally just asking what you were referencing cause you didn't post any text in your post. it wasn't about me at all nor was i trying to make it that way. cheers

Old 05-02-2013, 01:22 AM   #31
ThePhantasm
2 sexy 4 a stormtrooper

Quote:
thx, there is nothing wrong with finding some disagreements to discuss in order for more entertaining flow. you guys just want it to be--- guy 1: that's cool. guy 2: i am in agreement. guy 3: i concur.
You clearly haven't been around here long if that's what you think. We disagree all the time.

What we don't do is make off-the-wall claims like "there is blue and gray in MOS, oh noes they are copying Marvel!" That's a silly non-sequitur.

Countdown to Mysterious Heroism | Ɉ |
Old 05-02-2013, 01:27 AM   #32
Kal-El.9859
Trust No One

Quote:
You clearly haven't been around here long if that's what you think. We disagree all the time.

What we don't do is make off-the-wall claims like "there is blue and gray in MOS, oh noes they are copying Marvel!" That's a silly non-sequitur.
that has got to be one of the craziest things I've ever heard

........ -Michael Myers
Old 05-02-2013, 01:29 AM   #33
Kryptonian Titan
Banned User

There's blue and gray in MOS, I guess they're copying Watchmen.

Old 05-02-2013, 01:29 AM   #34
Super Kal
Proud Conservative

i consider myself to be a Christ Follower, but i agree with my fellow Superman fans...

no more Christ parallels. Superman is not Jesus.

Old 05-02-2013, 01:31 AM   #35
LeXcalibur
Lord Luthor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kryptonian Warrior View Post
Because nobody else BUT you sees them. Thus making something up.
cinematography for example has a lot of the composition or similar tone to me with the bluish/grays. not making it up. it is what i see. i want a bit more warmth in tone than this for example

it's got that bourne/avengers/iron man type lighting to it.

Old 05-02-2013, 01:32 AM   #36
Kal-El.9859
Trust No One

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kryptonian God View Post
There's blue and gray in MOS, I guess they're copying Watchmen.
but that's ok because that's Zack Snyder and WB/DC whatever

........ -Michael Myers
Old 05-02-2013, 01:32 AM   #37
Kryptonian Titan
Banned User

It will never stop...

Old 05-02-2013, 01:33 AM   #38
Kryptonian Titan
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kal-El.9859 View Post
but that's ok because that's Zack Snyder and WB/DC whatever
LOL. I know, man.

Old 05-02-2013, 01:34 AM   #39
ThePhantasm
2 sexy 4 a stormtrooper

One day LexCaliber will realize the majority of modern action movies have bluish gray lighting. I think it will be an existential moment in his life.

Old 05-02-2013, 01:34 AM   #40
Sharkboy
Tell em Steve-Dave

Wait, hasn't superman always been a messianic figure? Why are people only now complaining about it? Are people offended by it or are people just annoyed at religious imagery full stop?

1-The Dark Knight/2-The Dark Knight Rises/3-Captain America: The Winter Soldier/4-Batman Begins/5-X-Men: Days of Future Past/6-Guardians of the Galaxy/7-Spider-Man 2/8-The Avengers/9-Superman:TM/10-The Incredibles
Old 05-02-2013, 01:35 AM   #41
LeXcalibur
Lord Luthor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kal-El.9859 View Post
that has got to be one of the craziest things I've ever heard
i didn't say that though. he is quoting a caricature thought he made up against me.

Old 05-02-2013, 01:36 AM   #42
Kal-El.9859
Trust No One

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kryptonian God View Post
LOL. I know, man.
some people...I swear

Quote:
One day LexCaliber will realize the majority of modern action movies have bluish gray lighting. I think it will be an existential moment in his life.
no....I don't believe so

........ -Michael Myers
Old 05-02-2013, 01:36 AM   #43
ThePhantasm
2 sexy 4 a stormtrooper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharkboy View Post
Wait, hasn't superman always been a messianic figure? Why are people only now complaining about it? Are people offended by it or are people just annoyed at religious imagery full stop?
I don't understand the offense myself. Its a generic theme that you can find in lots of literature. Its an archetype. Doesn't mean you are being proselytized by the movie.

You could say the same about the Nolan bat-films to be honest. Bats takes Harvey's sins on his shoulders, "dies," rises again, and saves Gotham. Its there because these are rich themes that evoke strong emotions from us, not as references to a particular religion, I think.

Old 05-02-2013, 01:37 AM   #44
LeXcalibur
Lord Luthor

Quote:
and one day you will have the comprehension level to see that all i'm saying is i don't want it to have that typical lighting. to represent superman i hope it has warmer tones than this somewhat dreary and typical modern composition

Old 05-02-2013, 01:38 AM   #45
Kal-El.9859
Trust No One

Quote:
i didn't say that though. he is quoting a caricature thought he made up against me.
So you didn't say that Marvel used blue and grey color tones and therefore you felt like MOS was copying Marvel??? Cause I'm sure you did.....

........ -Michael Myers
Old 05-02-2013, 01:39 AM   #46
ThePhantasm
2 sexy 4 a stormtrooper

Quote:
Its not a caricature. You said it yourself.

Quote:
I'm happy with the story but i'm hoping they don't try to take some of the success of iron man/avengers and apply it to how they make superman. :-/
Quote:
what is a made up concern? i notice the bluish grays of avengers and iron man, and see some of that in scenes that i would expect a warmer tone in the man of steel trailers. how is that made up?

Old 05-02-2013, 01:40 AM   #47
LeXcalibur
Lord Luthor

i hold out hope that it won't have that typical modern action aesthetic that phantasm eludes too. and as thematic changes occur there will be brighter moments that represent the hope that can be represented by a warmer color scheme. don't need to follow suit of other action films, go a bit richer in aesthetic for superman!

Old 05-02-2013, 01:40 AM   #48
Sharkboy
Tell em Steve-Dave

Quote:
cinematography for example has a lot of the composition or similar tone to me with the bluish/grays. not making it up. it is what i see. i want a bit more warmth in tone than this for example
Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:

it's got that bourne/avengers/iron man type lighting to it.

I don't think Superman should adhere to a certain look or style, especially when you haven't seen the film yet you don't know if the washed out/blue grey palette actually works for the film's tone and plot. It's kinda useless to say "oh it's superman not batman, he's supposed to be hopefull and optimistic not dark and gritty so why does everything look dull and washed out" when not only do you know what happens in this film, but you can have that kind of look at still maintain the hopeful tone.

1-The Dark Knight/2-The Dark Knight Rises/3-Captain America: The Winter Soldier/4-Batman Begins/5-X-Men: Days of Future Past/6-Guardians of the Galaxy/7-Spider-Man 2/8-The Avengers/9-Superman:TM/10-The Incredibles
Old 05-02-2013, 01:41 AM   #49
Kal-El.9859
Trust No One

have mercy

........ -Michael Myers
Old 05-02-2013, 01:41 AM   #50
ThePhantasm
2 sexy 4 a stormtrooper

I don't think it does have the typical modern aesthetic. It has a unique Snyder-film look to it. Its very different in tone than other superhero films.

Closed Thread