The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Spider-Man > The Amazing Spider-Man 2

Old 02-27-2013, 12:22 PM   #26
Oscorp
Side-Kick

Default Re: 3D for ASM 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anno_Domini View Post
I never mind long films myself. The more the merrier if it enhances the story and gives everything its due. Spider-Man 3 needed to be longer and so did TAS-M, imo.
SM3 didn't need to be longer, the problem was way bigger than that. It should rather have replaced some horrible scenes. Sure they cut out some very necessary and good scenes but the story as a whole would've been a mess anyway I think and we'd still have those God awful EMO Peter scenes among some other stupid stuff.

ASM, I can agree with that. Here the problem IMO isn't the story and the scenes themselves but rather that you could feel some stuff was missing such as digging deeper into Connors and his family. I wouldn't delete any scenes from ASM but only add more, compared to SM3.

Oscorp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 12:26 PM   #27
Anno_Domini
Banned User

Of course S-M 3 needed to replace some scenes, but still, it needed to be longer. Eddie Brock, Jr. was devastatingly underdeveloped and so was Gwen Stacy. More time should've been explored once Eddie became Venom(taking cues from The Black) and I feel that more time should've been used for Harry as well.

Agree with TAS-M. More time needed to be on Connors as well as using his family. And more time should've been spent on the action, really, such as the SWAT lizards vs Spidey.

Anno_Domini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 12:30 PM   #28
Oscorp
Side-Kick

Quote:
Of course S-M 3 needed to replace some scenes, but still, it needed to be longer. Eddie Brock, Jr. was devastatingly underdeveloped and so was Gwen Stacy. More time should've been explored once Eddie became Venom(taking cues from The Black) and I feel that more time should've been used for Harry as well.

Agree with TAS-M. More time needed to be on Connors as well as using his family. And more time should've been spent on the action, really, such as the SWAT lizards vs Spidey.
Yeah I see what you mean! But had they just skipped Sandman altogether and just have Harry and Venom it wouldn't need to be any longer. That's the kind of thing I mean is a problem beyond the lenght of the film.

It's unfortunate they never used that bus action scene in ASM. Though I can see that it would feel like a been there, done that after the train in SM2 and the armored car in SM3. But it would still be unique with the SWAT after them as well as the action on the ice skate park.

Oscorp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 12:32 PM   #29
FreedomFreeLife
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Naite22 View Post
The 3D in the first film truly sucked. The worst I'd ever seen, I mean that. And they were so promoting that red-cam as being the best 3D imagery they'd ever seen. please. What were they on??? If they can't even make the Spidey 3D look as good as Avatar's, I'd say drop it...

On a sidenote. It's really embarrassing that Cameron took Titanic (a 16 year old film), that wasn't shot in 3D to begin with. Than he fiddles around in the computer and releases his baby on bluray 3D, and it looks GORGEOUS! I didn't see it in theater. But I bought it and saw it on my 63 inch plasma, and my God does it look incredibly good! Somewhat better then Avatar even, in my opinion... But than. A new movie, filmed with a new 3D camera (which they promoted like hell) produces the worst 3D ever seen within Amazing Spiderman!?? I don't get it. I really don't.
Then you really need new eyes if you cant see 3D.
Fix your eyes please

FreedomFreeLife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2013, 02:41 AM   #30
Naite22
Side-Kick

Quote:
I never mind long films myself. The more the merrier if it enhances the story and gives everything its due. Spider-Man 3 needed to be longer and so did TAS-M, imo.
"3" certainly didn't need to be longer, imo. What it needed was to cut back on villains. Focus on Harry being haunted by his father wanting him to take Peter out. Building Harry's Goblin Jr. in a better and more believable way through the third film. Keep Eddie Brock in it, but keep him AS Eddie all the way through till the end, ending it with a nail-biting cliffhanger. Focus on the arrival of the symbiote. Spend most time of the movie with Peter battling his inner demons with the symbiotes influence. That would have been GREAT!

And I'll bet you all a million that this will be exactly what happens within the Amazing Spiderman films, ones the symbiote storyline is introduced. And this time, they'll do it badass, stylish and with dignity. A whole movie of Peter struggling with the symbiote overpowering him would be so freaken cool, when I think about Andrew portraying the whole thing this time.

Naite22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2013, 02:44 AM   #31
Naite22
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by FreedomFreeLife View Post
Then you really need new eyes if you cant see 3D.
Fix your eyes please
Avatar. Titanic. Even some of those pixar animated flicks has good 3D.... Amazing Spiderman wasn't one of them!

That being said. The overall picture quality (color pallet, etc) I loved. But the 3D was almost non existent.

Naite22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2013, 03:16 AM   #32
spider-neil
spins a web any size!

Quote:

Sony/Arad impatience is infuriating. Had they let Sam close out his trilog as he wanted then no doubt it would have been better, I'm not saying great, but better and I'll take better over terrible. Then with a new cast and a darker sensibility they could have opened with Venom a caracter than completely suits the Webb universe but felt shoe horned (which is what it was) into a unvierse that felt 60's. I don't have a doubt that you are going to see Venom again but done properly this time probably in his own movie, a Venom movie that 'happens' to have Spider-Man.

...in 3D*

* in case anyone accuses me of hijacking the thred

spider-neil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2013, 03:18 AM   #33
spider-neil
spins a web any size!

Quote:
Avatar. Titanic. Even some of those pixar animated flicks has good 3D.... Amazing Spiderman wasn't one of them!

That being said. The overall picture quality (color pallet, etc) I loved. But the 3D was almost non existent.
The swinging shots and POV were mindblowing in 3D, MINDBLOWING! At least it was for me, but how much time did that amount to? 2 minutes?

Also the Lizard looked horribly fake in 3D but in 2D the detail looked incredible.

Old 02-28-2013, 04:36 AM   #34
Creator
Banned User

Quote:
SM3 needed to be shot in the head and left for dead.

Creator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2013, 04:39 AM   #35
spider-neil
spins a web any size!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Creator View Post
Most franchises have a stinker (or two) in it, to be fair.
Star Wars
Star Trek
Bond
and so on...

Old 02-28-2013, 04:50 AM   #36
Creator
Banned User

...And yet SM3 is still a horrible movie.

Creator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2013, 05:53 AM   #37
spider-neil
spins a web any size!

Quote:
...And yet SM3 is still a horrible movie.
But it is brought up way more than it needs to be. For instance is QoS (or as I like to call it, PoS) brought up everytime Skyfall is talked about? Yes, QoS was terrible but Skyfall was great so let's move on.

Old 02-28-2013, 06:01 AM   #38
Bruce Malone
Side-Kick

Quote:
Study: 3-D movies leave many feeling sick
Quote:
Roughly 55 percent of viewers had at least one physical complaint after the experience, according to research recently published in the journal PLoS ONE.
The most common gripes among moviegoers were that their eyes felt tired or they had a headache. But nearly 11 percent felt like they wanted to puke.
http://bodyodd.nbcnews.com/_news/201...ling-sick?lite

I don't know why studio's keep pushing this on the public? The fad is over nobody is really a fan anymore.

Whether this is being shot in 3D or not you better believe they're gonna post-convert which is even worst.

Bruce Malone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2013, 06:10 AM   #39
spider-neil
spins a web any size!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruce Malone View Post
http://bodyodd.nbcnews.com/_news/201...ling-sick?lite

I don't know why studio's keep pushing this on the public? The fad is over nobody is really a fan anymore.

Whether this is being shot in 3D or not you better believe they're gonna post-convert which is even worst.

It's a way of bumping up the price. Personally I think they could achieve this by screening super high resolution movies like IMAX.
That said Avatar is one of the greatest movie experiences I have ever had, my mind was blown by the 3D so I would definately pay to experience that again but having seen a shed load of 3D movies the only movies I thought was worth the extra price (other than Avatar) were;
ASM (POV shots and swinging)
Dredd
and then I'm struggling.

Old 02-28-2013, 06:16 AM   #40
Bruce Malone
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by spider-neil View Post
It's a way of bumping up the price. Personally I think they could achieve this by screening super high resolution movies like IMAX.
That said Avatar is one of the greatest movie experiences I have ever had, my mind was blown by the 3D so I would definately pay to experience that again but having seen a shed load of 3D movies the only movies I thought was worth the extra price (other than Avatar) were;
ASM (POV shots and swinging)
Dredd
and then I'm struggling.
Movies should have the confidence to not have to succumb to 3D now. Hell both TDKR and Skyfall grossed over a billlion without 3D.

I hope we get to the point someday where a movie being post-converted into 3D has the same public perception of a film that isn't screened for critics.

Old 02-28-2013, 06:41 AM   #41
spider-neil
spins a web any size!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruce Malone View Post
Movies should have the confidence to not have to succumb to 3D now. Hell both TDKR and Skyfall grossed over a billlion without 3D.

I hope we get to the point someday where a movie being post-converted into 3D has the same public perception of a film that isn't screened for critics.
Avengers was post converted and if I'm honest I enjoyed the 3D version more than the 2D version.

Old 02-28-2013, 07:03 AM   #42
SpocksBrain
Internet Geek

Quote:
Originally Posted by FreedomFreeLife View Post
Why americans hate 3D?
In europe, everyone loves 3D, At least in my country.
All movies are bought on Blu-Ray 3D, and its very great.

Why would anyone complain about 3D, when image is very clean, and looks more awesome.
Maybe your eyes are bad and cant see effects, i heard that it was a case.
Generally:

A dim image
Less vibrant colors
The 24 frames per second motion judder looks worse in 3D
The effect can often be poor with everything looking like 2D "pop up cut outs" in a 3D environment
Cheesey shots where things fly out of the screen
Uncomfortable glasses

If done well, 3D has the potential to be pretty cool. But the majority of the time it's just an afterthought of the production that detracts from rather than enhances the viewing experience.

Last edited by SpocksBrain; 02-28-2013 at 07:20 AM.
SpocksBrain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2013, 07:47 AM   #43
Bruce Malone
Side-Kick

Quote:
Avengers was post converted and if I'm honest I enjoyed the 3D version more than the 2D version.
Everyone has their tastes i suppose i saw it first in Imax 3D which was sort of a mistake. It was just way too disorienting, I enjoyed it more in 2D when I saw it.

Old 02-28-2013, 11:15 AM   #44
Mr. Dent
Banned User

Yeah I don't hav anything against 3D but I prefer to see the movie in 2D first. Less of a distraction in case the 3D is not that good.

Mr. Dent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2013, 11:27 AM   #45
Jexx
the Emerald Eagle

I thought the 3D in TASM was pretty awesome (I first saw it in IMAX 3D).

I thought that The Avengers was better in 2D though.

Also, they'll stop producing films in 3D when it stops increasing profits.

Emerald Eagle
Position:Head Assistant Researcher
Department(s):Nano-tech, Cross-Species Genetics

Why Peter Parker in The Amazing Spider-Man isn't a 'dick' or a 'brooding loner'.
Jexx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2013, 11:35 AM   #46
Anno_Domini
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oscorp View Post
Yeah I see what you mean! But had they just skipped Sandman altogether and just have Harry and Venom it wouldn't need to be any longer. That's the kind of thing I mean is a problem beyond the lenght of the film.
Taking out a villain would help, but if we're wishing on that, then I'll wish that Venom wasn't even brought up and we got Sandman/Vulture which was intended, lol.

Quote:
It's unfortunate they never used that bus action scene in ASM. Though I can see that it would feel like a been there, done that after the train in SM2 and the armored car in SM3. But it would still be unique with the SWAT after them as well as the action on the ice skate park.
I don't know, I think the SWAT lizards vs Spidey would have become one of those memorable Spidey battles up there with the train.

Quote:
"3" certainly didn't need to be longer, imo. What it needed was to cut back on villains. Focus on Harry being haunted by his father wanting him to take Peter out. Building Harry's Goblin Jr. in a better and more believable way through the third film. Keep Eddie Brock in it, but keep him AS Eddie all the way through till the end, ending it with a nail-biting cliffhanger. Focus on the arrival of the symbiote. Spend most time of the movie with Peter battling his inner demons with the symbiotes influence. That would have been GREAT!
Ehhh, I guess. I honestly think Venom/the symbiote/everything involved should've been wiped out and not used personally. I would have loved to see the Sandman/Vulture combo and it makes the most sense when talking about Sam Raimi wanting his films to really be based off on the more old school villains...that's until Sony/Arad tried to push in their two cents...

Quote:
And I'll bet you all a million that this will be exactly what happens within the Amazing Spiderman films, ones the symbiote storyline is introduced. And this time, they'll do it badass, stylish and with dignity. A whole movie of Peter struggling with the symbiote overpowering him would be so freaken cool, when I think about Andrew portraying the whole thing this time.
We can only hope someone will be respectful with the symbiote(and Venom) next time around.

Quote:
True, lol.

Didn't know when Spider-Man 3 became a zombie or a ghoul, but you make a valid point!

Quote:
Most franchises have a stinker (or two) in it, to be fair.
Star Wars
Star Trek
Bond

and so on...
One or two stinkers for those? Lol.

You sure just 'one or two'?

Anno_Domini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2013, 11:38 AM   #47
SpocksBrain
Internet Geek

As far as post conversion goes, the quality of the final product can vary significantly depending on how much effort goes into it.

There are movies that were never intended to be 3D during production and then the studio decides last minute to do a post conversion. Those usually are rush job and the quality reflects that. Then there are those where they film in 2D but plan on the 3D conversion from the start, so the composition takes that into account and the conversion gets more time and probably a higher budget.

Cameron's Titanic conversion was worked on for much longer than any typical conversion gets. I don't remember exactly, but wasn't it something like a year that they worked on the conversion? The quality of the final result reflects the time that was spent on the conversion. Unfortunately most conversions aren't going to get that type of effort. But they can still be done pretty well (Avengers) if given some care.

SpocksBrain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2013, 11:55 AM   #48
spider-neil
spins a web any size!

Just saw The Life of Pi in 3D and it was incredible. If Webb has indeed dropped 3D it's a pity.

Old 02-28-2013, 03:21 PM   #49
GENERAL RAAM582
A Rebellion Built on Hope

I like 3D, it adds to the overall experience for me.

GENERAL RAAM582 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2013, 06:08 AM   #50
Spiderdevil
Side-Kick

Quote:
IMAX is the superior choice between that and 3D, BUT...IMAX has a time limit that hurt The Dark Knight Rises. If any of Webb's TAS-M films can stay below that time restraint, I'd rather him film in IMAX any day.

I dont think any Spider-man movie will ever go over the limit

Spiderdevil is offline   Reply With Quote