The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Games > Misc. and Multiplatform Games

Old 12-18-2017, 09:01 PM   #651
Wildcard
Cataclysmic Titan

Default Re: Friday The 13th Video Game

I wish I and my friends could test out offline mode, Shelly and everything else but, per usual, Gun Media/Illfonic have dropped the ball & PC/Steam users predictably won't be getting the update presumably any time soon.

I'm at least happy PS4 users get to enjoy the update, though. At least they didn't screw that up.

Wildcard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2017, 11:43 PM   #652
KillerMcQueen
Mere Mortal

So the true ending to the virtual cabin confirms

Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:
Uber Jason and Grendel are the next major content update

KillerMcQueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2017, 12:30 AM   #653
Wildcard
Cataclysmic Titan

Quote:
Originally Posted by KillerMcQueen View Post
So the true ending to the virtual cabin confirms

Uber Jason and Grendel are the next major content update
Not surprising. Though, if these guys were coordinated at all, I would've thought Paranoia & Impostor Jason would be next in line since they released a teaser for it and what not.

Old 12-19-2017, 01:31 AM   #654
KillerMcQueen
Mere Mortal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wildcard View Post
Not surprising. Though, if these guys were coordinated at all, I would've thought Paranoia & Impostor Jason would be next in line since they released a teaser for it and what not.
Well, the way they release content, they could come first, but the VC refers to
Uber and Grendel "coming soon", we do see Roy's hockey mask in the VC as well though so I imagine Roy isn't gonna take too long to come out either.

Old 12-19-2017, 03:48 AM   #655
KevanG
Pragmatic Villain

I spent a little while reading the little factoids scattered about but had no idea just much much **** was buried in the VC. ****, I spent a while just figured out the Mother code.

KevanG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2017, 10:38 AM   #656
KillerMcQueen
Mere Mortal

Quote:
Originally Posted by KevanG View Post
I spent a little while reading the little factoids scattered about but had no idea just much much **** was buried in the VC. ****, I spent a while just figured out the Mother code.
Yeah, Gun really went above and beyond on the Virtual Cabin, and even after all that's been found there's still a locked door at the back that seems to imply that they intend to add to the cabin.

Old 12-19-2017, 10:39 AM   #657
The Joker
The Clown Prince of Crime

I solved the virtual cabin last night. It was a lot of fun, but you really need to be a die hard fan of the F13 movies to solve a lot of it.

- The Joker
The Joker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2017, 01:45 PM   #658
Joe Von Zombie
Unite the Seven

They really need to hire a dedicated AI programmer. I'm having fun offline, but the AI is bad and I would really like to play offline as a counselor. In it's current state, it's better than nothing and it's better than playing with randos, but there's massive room for improvement

There is a huge difference between "I want to honor my loved ones" and "I hate criminals, and want to punish them".

That difference is called "Batman".- The Guard
Joe Von Zombie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2017, 02:03 PM   #659
KevanG
Pragmatic Villain

The AI is hilariously bad and I love it. Although they do some things I find fun. I found one waiting just outside Jasons cabin and another hiding in a bush far away from anyone.

Old 12-19-2017, 09:58 PM   #660
Hellion
Here With Me, Eternally

Loving offline just for the counselors randomly swimming. Yeah, I think I'm switch from multiplayer to offline. Bots won't quit the match, lol.

I'm a big Disney XD Superhero Fan:
Aaron Stone (2009-2010) * Skyrunners (2009) * Lab Rats/Lab Rats: Bionic Island (2012-2016) * Mighty Med (2013-2015) * Lab Rats: Elite Force (2016) * Mech-X4 (2016-????)
Hellion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2017, 10:24 PM   #661
KevanG
Pragmatic Villain

Holy ****, I had to look up some help with the Cabin but that was insane. I got a good chunk of the puzzles once I got outside but at one point they want you to figure out morse code to unlock one puzzle.

Love everything they threw in there though.

Old 12-22-2017, 06:51 AM   #662
Wildcard
Cataclysmic Titan

Quote:
Originally Posted by KevanG View Post
The AI is hilariously bad and I love it. Although they do some things I find fun. I found one waiting just outside Jasons cabin and another hiding in a bush far away from anyone.
The AI is hilarious for many reasons. Like Tiffany, who I always catch trying to install the battery, whereupon she runs straight to the water and swims in circles. Or Tommy, who is so useless he literally hides every match. Out of all of the matches I've done thus far, he's only hit me twice with the shotgun. Hell, I get a better fight out of the stoner than him.

I completed the Virtual Cabin the other day and cannot wait for that update. I main Savini Jason but
once Uber Jason is introduced I fully plan to switch between the two regularly. He looks even more badass than I hoped he would.

Old 12-26-2017, 10:25 AM   #663
Hellion
Here With Me, Eternally

Had a few online sessions a couple days ago and it looks like players taking the car and hunting other counselors is a thing now?

First two sessions the police were called, the first time, headed to the exit and the four seater came from behind and plowed through me. Match ended, Jason had one kill, everyone else betrayed, only survivor, the driver. One survivor, all those betrayals, didn't think anything of it at that time.

Second time, a group of us, we weren't working together, we just happened to be running to the exit around the same time, just as we're at the exit, car plows through me, and reverses, and then the other two players... we were right at the exit. Again, one survivor, and this time all deaths betrayals. Now it hit me.

Third time, I camp out in whichever cabin I'm in. I'm assuming Jason was a bad Jason because, never found me, and I just watched my map. Two seater fixed, player drives, and goes around the map to counselor locations, betrayed, one by one, each counselor betrayed. And player parks outside my location blasting the horn, which I'm assuming the other players fell for. Jason eventually shifts to the location, driver drives off, and I give Jason a pity kill.

Each time it was a different player in the driver seat.

Also had a couple sessions where the car blocks the police exit and nobody can escape, that I didn't mind too much. I got a good chuckle but a mic'd counselor was raging.

Aaron Stone (2009-2010) * Skyrunners (2009) * Lab Rats/Lab Rats: Bionic Island (2012-2016) * Mighty Med (2013-2015) * Lab Rats: Elite Force (2016) * Mech-X4 (2016-????)

Last edited by Hellion; 12-26-2017 at 10:30 AM.
Old 12-27-2017, 07:58 AM   #664
Wildcard
Cataclysmic Titan

People have been doing that for quite some time now. It's just become more prevalent since you can't kill counselors with the same tactics as before so since the car is the only option for TK'ing in public matches, the few trolls that are still hanging around are of course abusing the feature.

Old 01-07-2018, 05:24 PM   #665
Hellion
Here With Me, Eternally

Still having a blast in the offline mode. Didn't realize the bots could kill each other. I had a Kenny with a shotgun shoot me at Jarvis House as I was chasing Vanessa and took her down. The only betrayed bot so far.

Found another Pamela tape, so far that's three.

A little late, but finished the cabin last week. Loved it. A couple of the puzzles, I admit, I did need help with but WOW! Can't wait.

Last edited by Hellion; 01-07-2018 at 05:24 PM. Reason: Edits and Stuff, Yo!
Old 01-07-2018, 07:22 PM   #666
KevanG
Pragmatic Villain

I had one get the car running and ran over three others who were trying to get in. I just watched the carnage in utter horror.

Old 01-08-2018, 02:23 PM   #667
Steyin
Bidding you ADIEU!

I'm getting a little tired of the bots, not very challenging, but a good way to boost XP. Only had one ever escape on me, a Tommy Jarvis who didn't care to help the other remaining survivors

Also seems like bear traps for counselors are broken right now. All I can do is pick them up, but can't set them. Others have been having issues as well on the server I played on the other night.

Also, 0 tapes for me. Do you just randomly come across them in drawers or do you need to look in a specific area?

My LEGO Gallery
Steyin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2018, 04:53 PM   #668
KevanG
Pragmatic Villain

I've got a couple and it's just random luck. No pattern to days or areas. Just one might spawn in your game and if you're lucky then you might find it.

Old 01-09-2018, 05:17 PM   #669
Wildcard
Cataclysmic Titan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steyin View Post
I'm getting a little tired of the bots, not very challenging, but a good way to boost XP. Only had one ever escape on me, a Tommy Jarvis who didn't care to help the other remaining survivors

Also seems like bear traps for counselors are broken right now. All I can do is pick them up, but can't set them. Others have been having issues as well on the server I played on the other night.

Also, 0 tapes for me. Do you just randomly come across them in drawers or do you need to look in a specific area?
Bear traps are definitely broken right now. 90% of the time they glitch out and people aren't able to use them. And this may just correlate to how to stupid they are but I haven't ever seen a bot attempt to use one.

And yeah, you just have to randomly come across the tapes in drawers. There's no special strategy or anything, they just have a bad spawn rate, even after the developers claimed they fixed the spawn rate so that more people could obtain them.

Old 01-09-2018, 07:18 PM   #670
KevanG
Pragmatic Villain

The spawn rate is a lot higher than it was though. I spent months without getting one tape and after loading the game up with the new spawn rate I found two Pamela and one Tommy in two weeks.

Old 01-10-2018, 12:09 PM   #671
Wildcard
Cataclysmic Titan

I honestly think the spawn rate got a little screwed up again after the latest update. With the update before, it seemed like people were finding them left and right. Now it only seems to happen occasionally & not as frequently as before.

Old 01-10-2018, 12:30 PM   #672
KevanG
Pragmatic Villain

I found at least one tape since then.