The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Spider-Man > The Amazing Spider-Man 2

Old 06-11-2014, 06:22 PM   #51
Emperor_Zerg
Side-Kick

Default Re: "you're MY boy" - one of if not the best scene in the movie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Par Avion View Post
That's being a bit literal... Ben's death was Peter's fault, but it doesn't seem to affect him much, Captain Stacy's death is his fault...once again, it doesn't seem to affect him much ("those are the best kind"). This is the irreverence I was speaking of. Obviously, he was depressed after Gwen's death, but there was no real lesson that he learned and the film certainly didn't explore this thematically in any capacity. Just: Gwen died, I'm sad and don't want to be Spider-Man. *Rhino appears*- "but I must". Becomes Spider-Man again. All within the span of 5 minutes...meaningless.

I feel like I've debated this with you before, but here goes again...

Each of the characters deaths were results of different types of irresponsibilities on Peter's part. Uncle Ben's death was a result of him not stopping a thief because of a vendetta that he had with the cashier. Lesson learned from Uncle Ben's death... Peter uses his great power and becomes Spider-Man.

The death of Captain Stacy was a result of Peter giving his formula to Dr. Conner's creating the Lizard. Lizard kills Captain Stacy. Lesson learned from Captain Stacy's death, don't be irresponsible about untested cross species science. He learned his lesson afterwards and it's shown in ASM2 when he is unwilling to give Harry his blood.

The death of Gwen Stacy was a result of him wanting to have a real life relationship while fighting crime as Spider Man. Will he learn his lesson? Probably, and it will be shown in the next movie.

Saying that Peter hasn't evolved or learned anything from his actions is ludicrous. Each death was a consequence of a different action and is more a display of Peter's usual "Parker Luck."

It's like I have a million dollars and I lose it from spending too much money on expensive desires like material things, lavish lifestyle, and gambling. Ok, now I have another million dollars, I learned that I should invest the money instead of spending it. I put it in the stock market without proper knowledge of the markets, and I lose the money day trading.

I lost a million dollars twice, but for different reasons. Same way Peter lost several loved ones for different actions. Doesn't mean that he didn't learn from each loss.

It's not the best written movie, but you are making it out to be the worst movie since Batman and Robin.

Emperor_Zerg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2014, 06:38 PM   #52
LEVITIKUZ
Banned User

It's not the worst film since Batman & Robin. People call Batman & Robin the worst CBM ever.

It's not. It's not.

Son of the Mask is. I promise you, Son of the Mask is far far far worse. It's so bad it makes TASM2 Oscar worthy and Batman & Robin on the level of Citizen Kane.

So TASM2 isn't the worst since Batman & Robin. It's the worst since Son of the Mask since it came out in 04 or 05.

Seriously watch Son of the Mask. As a fan of The Mask movie and comics, its an abomination.

Last edited by LEVITIKUZ; 06-11-2014 at 06:48 PM.
LEVITIKUZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2014, 07:01 PM   #53
SpideyK
Side-Kick

You saying it's worse than SM3?

SpideyK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2014, 07:07 PM   #54
LEVITIKUZ
Banned User

It's worse. Much worse. SM3 at least has some good scenes like the Birth of Venom at the church.

This film has nothing good.

Old 06-11-2014, 07:09 PM   #55
SpideyK
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by LEVITIKUZ View Post
That's... Rough.

2/10?

Old 06-11-2014, 07:11 PM   #56
LEVITIKUZ
Banned User

I wouldn't even give it a star. It gets half a star out of 10.

Why? One scene the Mask rides a car and the car is pretty ****ing badass.

That's it. 1/2 out of 10.

Old 06-11-2014, 07:11 PM   #57
Spider-knight
Banned User

Quote:
It's worse. Much worse. SM3 at least has some good scenes like the Birth of Venom at the church.

Helping out a bullied kid

Helping electro

The heart shaped web

Skipping rocks

The opening sequence

Peter and aunt may

Peter at the convienient store

Gwen's death

Graduation

Spider-knight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2014, 07:13 PM   #58
LEVITIKUZ
Banned User

Son of the Mask has nothing good not TASM2.

Old 06-11-2014, 07:13 PM   #59
SpideyK
Side-Kick

Quote:
I wouldn't even give it a star. It gets half a star out of 10.

Why? One scene the Mask rides a car and the car is pretty ****ing badass.

That's it. 1/2 out of 10.
Oooooooooooooooh.

****, thought you were talking about ASM2.

Old 06-11-2014, 07:22 PM   #60
SpideyK
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emperor_Zerg View Post

Each of the characters deaths were results of different types of irresponsibilities on Peter's part. Uncle Ben's death was a result of him not stopping a thief because of a vendetta that he had with the cashier. Lesson learned from Uncle Ben's death... Peter uses his great power and becomes Spider-Man.

The death of Captain Stacy was a result of Peter giving his formula to Dr. Conner's creating the Lizard. Lizard kills Captain Stacy. Lesson learned from Captain Stacy's death, don't be irresponsible about untested cross species science. He learned his lesson afterwards and it's shown in ASM2 when he is unwilling to give Harry his blood.

The death of Gwen Stacy was a result of him wanting to have a real life relationship while fighting crime as Spider Man. Will he learn his lesson? Probably, and it will be shown in the next movie.

Saying that Peter hasn't evolved or learned anything from his actions is ludicrous. Each death was a consequence of a different action and is more a display of Peter's usual "Parker Luck."

It's like I have a million dollars and I lose it from spending too much money on expensive desires like material things, lavish lifestyle, and gambling. Ok, now I have another million dollars, I learned that I should invest the money instead of spending it. I put it in the stock market without proper knowledge of the markets, and I lose the money day trading.

I lost a million dollars twice, but for different reasons. Same way Peter lost several loved ones for different actions. Doesn't mean that he didn't learn from each loss.

It's not the best written movie, but you are making it out to be the worst movie since Batman and Robin.
Wait, what.

You've lost a million dollars?

Old 06-11-2014, 08:43 PM   #61
A Necessary Evil
One. Bad. Day.

I liked this scene because someone finally told Peter to shove it with his parents melodrama, and that her & ben were the ones who raised him, not them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tacit Ronin View Post
The way SONY dominated Marc Webb was way more hardcore than anything in 50 Shades anyways.
A Necessary Evil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2014, 08:47 PM   #62
A Necessary Evil
One. Bad. Day.

Quote:
As a fan of The Mask movie and comics, its an abomination.

SOTM is frackin' beyond awful. Oh, and I started reading those about 10 years ago...you can imagine the look of surprise on my face when I found out they weren't the goofy adventures of Jim Carrey, but much more sinister and violent.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tacit Ronin View Post
The way SONY dominated Marc Webb was way more hardcore than anything in 50 Shades anyways.
A Necessary Evil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2014, 10:56 PM   #63
spiderman2
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by A Necessary Evil View Post
I liked this scene because someone finally told Peter to shove it with his parents melodrama, and that her & ben were the ones who raised him, not them.
Yeah but like some one said it is not about her and ben it is not knowing what happend he want the closer of know why did they leve him?

spiderman2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2014, 11:00 PM   #64
spiderman2
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emperor_Zerg View Post

I agree ben was about not using his powers and not doing something when he could have stoped something form happing. With captian stacy it was moree about him trying to live a normal life and how he should be more carefully letting people no who he is even though it was not really his fault with him. With gween he tried to keep her away what is he supposed to do have no life and no be around any one?

spiderman2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2014, 10:41 AM   #65
XtremelyBaneful
XOTWOD

Quote:
Originally Posted by OriginalMiles View Post
....do we need this thread at all?
do we need a spiderman forum? do we need a SHH forum? do we need to discuss comic book movies? is any of this really really necessary for mankind's survival?

sheesh... I can't believe I can't make a single thread without someone bringing me down in it for something

Quote:
Originally Posted by chaseter View Post
Rosemary Harris isn't a legend?
perhaps she is but she was nowhere near as a good an aunt may as sally field.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spider-Aziz View Post
It's ok, not memorable
I wish they made May his actual aunt like they did in Ultimate Spider-Man comics (Peter's mom is May's sister in that series), I'd like it more
When we have the Favorite lines thread?
Of course not
It's very memorable to me. Like I said this scene was the best in the whole movie in my opinion. And of course YES, this thread is necessary in this case, considering there are multiple lines (dialogue being exchanged between peter and aunt may) therefore there is no actual favorite line of mine but this is my favorite SCENE.

I find many of you missed the point of the scene dismissing it with the belief that we shouldn't have to be told that peter is aunt may's boy. The POINT of having such a scene was because peter was so obsessed with his parents and it frustrated her and subsequently we have this touching scene.

Indeed
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sexy Magician View Post
'you know what let this discussion go.'
Haha
XtremelyBaneful is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2014, 10:46 AM   #66
lukebrodyg
Side-Kick

This scene didn't do much for me either. Aunt May is far less interesting and relevant here than she was in the previous trilogy.

EDIT: Rosemary Harris is a FAR superior Aunt May than Sally. But it's not her acting, it's the awful writing that makes her uninteresting and just kind of...there.

Aunt May's speech to Peter in Spider-man 2 outside her home while packing EASILY trumps "you're MY boy!"

Of course, in my opinion. :P

Last edited by lukebrodyg; 06-19-2014 at 10:49 AM.
lukebrodyg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2014, 12:14 PM   #67
Andrew Lucas
Young Wolf

It is a great speech.

Old 06-22-2014, 08:22 PM   #68
Johnny-Oh
"You got heart, kid"

The first time I saw the movie it was dubbed in spanish and I kinda thought it was touching and good. But when I saw it with the original voices I disliked it, the delivery from Sally Field was terrible! She sounded like she was just reading lines, it didn't feel like she believed in what she was saying and it took away all the impact from it. The fact that the dub actress did a better job than her its pretty sad actually

Johnny-Oh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2014, 09:21 PM   #69
Mrpaul
Spider-Man's in the MCU

It was very good, it showed Aunt May's take on raising Peter and trying her best for him

"In spite of everything you've done for them, eventually they will hate you",-GG
Mrpaul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2014, 11:26 PM   #70
Octavias
Mad Insomniac

Im not sure that this scene along with May in the hospital weren't just added in to give material and screen time to Fields..... its somewhat useful because we see that the world views his father as a bad person, but honestly I thought it a little sappy.

wasn't a bad movie, but things like this scene really shows that sony tries to force too much into these flicks. Certainly not as bad as the lords prayer scene from Sm-1......

Old 06-23-2014, 12:49 AM   #71
SpideyK
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Octavias View Post
Certainly not as bad as the lords prayer scene from Sm-1......
Careful.

Some posters here really don't like when you put down other movies to make a movie look better.

At least not when it comes to making ASM2 look better.

Old 06-23-2014, 10:10 AM   #72
LEVITIKUZ
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by A Necessary Evil View Post
SOTM is frackin' beyond awful. Oh, and I started reading those about 10 years ago...you can imagine the look of surprise on my face when I found out they weren't the goofy adventures of Jim Carrey, but much more sinister and violent.
I like both the comics and the Jim film. Very different yes but at the same time they both work. You can be campy with it and dark with it.

Old 06-23-2014, 10:13 AM   #73
OriginalMiles
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Octavias View Post
Certainly not as bad as the lords prayer scene from Sm-1......
I like that scene.

"DELIVEREEEER!!"
"FINISH IT!"

Kinda showed how ****ed up Gobby was.

OriginalMiles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2014, 10:14 AM   #74
Oscorp
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpideyK View Post
Careful.

Some posters here really don't like when you put down other movies to make a movie look better.

At least not when it comes to making ASM2 look better.
Hahaha, too true!

Oscorp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2014, 11:56 AM   #75
SpideyK
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oscorp View Post
Hahaha, too true!
Seems like ASM2 is an exception in almost all categories of everything about it.

I think there's a whole lot of people here talking out of their asses when they say they had low expectations.