Side-Kick

Default Re: MCU Marathon - Infinity War Rewatch Thread

I can see BP out on DVD, BluRay and 4K by summer or fall at the latest

Tg11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2018, 12:08 PM   #127
Tg11
Side-Kick

I am watching Captain America: Civil War (2016) now and honestly it is my favorite film in the Marvel Cinematic Universe hands down. Registration Act (Accords) and the whole concept of United We Stand Divided We Fall is why this is my guilty pleasure. It further builds to Avengers: Infinity War and of course the introduction of Prince T'Challa into King.

Old 03-22-2018, 01:55 PM   #128
Drizzle
I got my cake.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tg11 View Post
I can see BP out on DVD, BluRay and 4K by summer or fall at the latest
Way before that, according to rumors I saw over at Blu-ray.com. May 15th, apparently.

Drizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2018, 02:02 PM   #129
Tg11
Side-Kick

Then I wonder what they will include on the DVD

Old 03-23-2018, 07:08 PM   #130
Tg11
Side-Kick

Just started my marathon again...finishing up Phase 3 of the MCU because I am currently watching Doctor Strange (2016) and I have to say Marvel definitely got it right casting wise with Benedict Cumberbatch playing Stephen Strange/Doctor Strange. Benedict Cumberbatch is always known more or less for either playing iconic characters or playing villains but his performance as Stephen Strange is next to none. It is definitely perfect.

I loved the action sequences too in the film but also the fact of the magic and mystic arts behind this film introducing us all to a different branch of the MCU.

Loved Chiwetel even more as Mordo because his turn from hero to villain throughout the film was similar to Anakin turning into Darth Vader in a sense.

Old 03-23-2018, 07:12 PM   #131
Drizzle
I got my cake.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tg11 View Post
Then I wonder what they will include on the DVD
Probably the usual as far as MCU special features go. Director's commentary, deleted scenes, a gag reel, and a handful of behind the scenes featurettes would be my guess.

Old 03-23-2018, 09:36 PM   #132
Webfoot Hero
West Coaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drizzle View Post
Way before that, according to rumors I saw over at Blu-ray.com. May 15th, apparently.
Maybe for the digital release but the BR/DVD usually comes out 4 months after its domestic theatrical release so I see the actual date being closer to mid-June.

If you get hurt, hurt them back. If you die, walk it off."--Captain America
Webfoot Hero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2018, 09:49 PM   #133
Drizzle
I got my cake.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Webfoot Hero View Post
Maybe for the digital release but the BR/DVD usually comes out 4 months after its domestic theatrical release so I see the actual date being closer to mid-June.
It can be anywhere between 3 and 4 months usually. Guardians of the Galaxy 2 came out on Blu-ray in August, 3 months after its theatrical release. Spider-Man Homecoming was 3 months as well.

Old 03-25-2018, 02:19 PM   #134
Tg11
Side-Kick

My MCU marathon is practically over. I just finished the following movies Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2 (2017) and Spider-Man: Homecoming (2017). I am shedding tears right now because it is almost over and I have watched almost every movie from start to finish. The only movies left to watch now are Thor Ragnarok (2017) and Black Panther (2018) again. Being honest I am so excited as a mother****** especially when it comes to seeing Avengers: Infinity War like it is already marked on my calendar. April 27th can't come soon enough for me.

Old 03-26-2018, 08:30 PM   #135
Sin

I'm just starting phase 3. Watching Civil War next. Forgot how much I love these movies.

Sin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2018, 07:30 PM   #136
Chip Chipperson
None of this matters.

Iron Man 2 and Thor tonight

I have officially reached the "you better eat all your vegetables before you leave the dinner table" portion of my MCU re-watch.

Chip Chipperson is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2018, 02:07 AM   #137
Webfoot Hero
West Coaster

I got done watching AoU on Tuesday. It'll basically be one a day until next Friday to complete the marathon.

If you get hurt, hurt them back. If you die, walk it off."--Captain America
Webfoot Hero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2018, 03:24 PM   #138
flickchick85
Loose Seal
SHH! Global Moderator

So skipping TIH in my re-watch, I did an Iron Man double feature to kick-off a couple days ago. Yesterday, before moving on, I decided to watch that "I Am Iron Man" documentary on the IM blu-ray (the same doc they got those Favreau soundbites from in the "10 Year Legacy" featurette Marvel just released). Man, that doc is great. The MCU needs more of those. And I get that the Disney purchase is the reason we don't get them anymore, but I hope they've got something special planned for A4's blu-ray or a "Phase 1-3" box set or something. But if we could only get one, I'm glad it was on their first movie, because it's great to look back and see how hopeful and uncertain they were about everything in the beginning.

Today I'm finishing up Phase 1 and kicking off Phase 2 w/ IM3.

Also, sorry Black Panther, but Iron Man has officially taken its spot back as my favorite MCU origin film. They could not have made a better film to kick off this universe with.

"They say: sufferings are misfortunes...Once we're thrown off our habitual paths, we think all is lost; but it's only here that the new and good begins.

As long as there's life, there's happiness. There's much, much still to come."

flickchick85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2018, 03:34 PM   #139
Detective Conan
Side-Kick

Black Panther isn't really an origin film though.

Detective Conan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2018, 03:35 PM   #140
flickchick85
Loose Seal
SHH! Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Detective Conan View Post
Black Panther isn't really an origin film though.
If you squint, sure. But fine, "first solo film" then.

"They say: sufferings are misfortunes...Once we're thrown off our habitual paths, we think all is lost; but it's only here that the new and good begins.

Old 04-21-2018, 03:55 PM   #141
Drizzle
I got my cake.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Webfoot Hero View Post

Old 04-21-2018, 05:39 PM   #142
flickchick85
Loose Seal
SHH! Global Moderator

Boy, the Thor/Odin dynamic in Thor sure does seem more interesting after Ragnarok.

Old 04-23-2018, 07:42 AM   #143
Flint Marko
Bring me Thanos

Last night my girlfriend revealed that she had never seen Age of Ultron all the way through. I consider her to be very much a member of the "general audience" as she knows nothing about superheroes but is a big movie buff, so her thoughts always interest me.

She really liked everything about Cap in the movie, starting off strong with the "language" bit. She also really liked the seeds planted for Civil War, which is probably her second favorite Marvel movie after Winter Soldier, and viewing it in such close proximity to Infinity War helped smooth over some of the clunkier world-building for her (i.e., Thor's hot tub adventure).

She also really dug the Hulk/Widow romance. I told her that was a sore spot amongst a lot of fanboys to which she succinctly responded: "fanboys are dumb".

The main thing she didn't care for? Ultron himself.

We stopped halfway through but we'll probably pick up again tonight.

Quote:
Originally Posted by flickchick85 View Post
So skipping TIH in my re-watch, I did an Iron Man double feature to kick-off a couple days ago. Yesterday, before moving on, I decided to watch that "I Am Iron Man" documentary on the IM blu-ray (the same doc they got those Favreau soundbites from in the "10 Year Legacy" featurette Marvel just released). Man, that doc is great. The MCU needs more of those. And I get that the Disney purchase is the reason we don't get them anymore, but I hope they've got something special planned for A4's blu-ray or a "Phase 1-3" box set or something. But if we could only get one, I'm glad it was on their first movie, because it's great to look back and see how hopeful and uncertain they were about everything in the beginning.
I'm certain they have a longer, in-depth documentary in the works about the history of Marvel Studios but I'd bet my bottom dollar that it'll be an exclusive on the sure-to-be-expensive phase 3 boxset. Chumps like me will buy it. I'm guessing it'll also come with a life-size replica of the infinity gauntlet.

I need to go back and rewatch that "I Am Iron Man" documentary just to get some nice perspective on how this whole thing started.

Old 04-23-2018, 07:56 AM   #144
fan4stic
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flint Marko View Post
She really liked everything about Cap in the movie, starting off strong with the "language" bit.
That's a contradiction to TWS where Cap swears and here's people swear and doesn't say that.
Quote:
She also really dug the Hulk/Widow romance. I told her that was a sore spot amongst a lot of fanboys to which she succinctly responded: "fanboys are dumb".
It's not well written, so I think there's a good reason not to like it.

fan4stic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2018, 08:09 AM   #145
Flint Marko
Bring me Thanos

When did Cap swear in TWS? Even so, that's not really what I'd call a contradiction. He also swears later in Age of Ultron.

I think there are reasons to not like like the Hulk/Widow romance, but "well-written" is obviously in the eyes of the beholder. I don't think it's anywhere near the best pairing in the MCU, nor do I think it's even the best part of that movie, but I think it works in context.

Old 04-23-2018, 08:44 AM   #146
Spider-Fan
SHHFFL 2014 Champion
SHH! Global Moderator

I thought the Natasha/Bruce romance was fine. Best romance of the MCU? No, but hardly the worst. That honor goes to Thor/Jane Foster in TDW! I would also say it was better than Strange/Christine. I literally had to Google her character's name, she was that non-memorable (which is bad because I like Rachel McAdams as an actress).

Spider-Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2018, 07:24 AM   #147
Spider-Aziz
Death Match Taunt

Mine is not a warm up for Infinity War, this MCU marathon is how I celebrate the 10th anniversary for Iron Man, and I did not feel my reason warrants another thread dedicated to this same action.

I have minor nitpicks with this movie, otherwise it's nearly fine.
"You want Stark's throne" HAHAHAHA. I don't watch Game of Thrones, and I find this funny. Also; Ramin Djawadi composed for both this movie and that show.
One post credits scene introducing Samuel L. Fury is a perfect ending to a great movie.

4.5 out of 5 Shellheads.

I wonder if they can connect Obidiah Stane and the selling of these weapons to the 10 Rings in any fashion to HYDRA infiltrating Stark Industries.

The success of this movie inspired me to read Iron Man comics, since then I became a fan thanks to the run by Archie Goodwin and the late great George Tuska. It succeeds the boring Stan Lee run, which I read after becoming a fan of the character.

I saw a movie a few months later on DVD and wasn't impressed by it initially, took a few more tries to get into it.

YOUTUBE
Michael Keaton's Batman is the ASMR master of superheroes.

The internet: You formed your personal opinion and liked something popular? You are part of the herd. You like something new and unpopular? Cult of the new.
Spider-Aziz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2018, 11:56 AM   #148
Spider-Aziz
Death Match Taunt

I enjoyed Iron Man 2 more than the first this time.

YOUTUBE

The internet: You formed your personal opinion and liked something popular? You are part of the herd. You like something new and unpopular? Cult of the new.
Old 05-02-2018, 12:29 PM   #149
Sibirsciy
New User - Level 0

Finally looked at the long-awaited picture from the studio "MARVEL" and after watching for a long time was in a bewildered state ... But now, when the emotions have calmed down, I really wanted to speak ...
Honestly, I did not want to see (after six months of waiting) on ??the screen, knowing that there will be almost all the super-heroes from the movie universe and that this part is unfortunately the last)
But after watching the film, I realized that a lot of it was cut out, because of some scenes that were not included in the film, you can find out only from the trailer ... A pity.

Sibirsciy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2018, 02:56 PM   #150
Spider-Aziz
Death Match Taunt

So, I pushed myself into watching three MCU movies in one day. Third one was Thor.

How I rate them as far as joy goes this turn:
  1. Iron Man 2 - 4.75/5 Shellheads
  2. Iron Man --- 4.5/5 Shellheads
  3. Thor -------- 4/5 Mjolnirs

YOUTUBE