The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > General Movies > Marvel Films

Old 04-23-2018, 01:25 PM   #26
Milk Tray Guy
70s Man of Action

Default Re: I want a marvel dark universe.

I'd forgotten about Man-Wolf.

"It's funny, isn't it? A life of truth, justice and the American, military, capitalist way. In the end, you die on the moon, wondering if your bowels will let go. And tomorrow, the world will go on like nothing happened. Dragged kicking and screaming to a better day." Manchester Black - Superman vs The Elite
Milk Tray Guy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2018, 01:50 PM   #27
Zarex
Side-Kick

The Man Wolf rights are likely over at Sony.

Zarex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2018, 02:40 PM   #28
Milk Tray Guy
70s Man of Action

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zarex View Post
Guess that makes sense.

"It's funny, isn't it? A life of truth, justice and the American, military, capitalist way. In the end, you die on the moon, wondering if your bowels will let go. And tomorrow, the world will go on like nothing happened. Dragged kicking and screaming to a better day." Manchester Black - Superman vs The Elite
Old 04-24-2018, 01:22 AM   #29
Hello2016
Side-Kick

As far as narration goes if doing an anthology TV series:

I think a character like the Dwarf associated with the "Darkhold" book could be an interesting narrator. More on the book here: http://marvel.com/universe/Darkhold#axzz5DZDlzGHu And more on the dwarf here: http://marvel.com/universe/Dwarf#axzz5DZDlzGHu

Overall, the Darkholder cult exists to facilitate use of the Darkhold book which is essentially Marvel's version of the Necronomicon with an ancient shadowy cult that follows these words said to derive from the elder god chthon (same one that infected Scarlett Witch as well as Jessica Drew in Marvel lore; coincidentally underneath citadel of High Evolutionary where chthon said to have been banished not far from small Balkan town of transia). Indestructable parchments across the earth often times mentioned in various marvel stories.

The demonic dwarf infrequently appears to try and tempt people with forbidden knowledge from the Book of Sins.

Quote:
Originally Posted by eon001 View Post
Yea the panel compared the idea to the Justice League Action format.

There pretty much animated shorts that have a rotating cast and different stories. I highly recommend it. It's an underrated show and does provide some what of a template to my idea.
Thanks. I'll check it out.

Last edited by Hello2016; 04-24-2018 at 01:28 AM.
Hello2016 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2018, 02:11 AM   #30
pr0xyt0xin
Shaper Savant

I would be 100% okay never seeing Dracula or Hercules in the MCU. There are a few more I could name, but those two specifically are just too played out on screen. No thanks.

But a dark universe on the other hand, hell yuss. Ghost Rider, Blade and Morbius, Man-Thing, culminating in a Midnight Sons flick led by Doctor Strange. I'm in.

Tradition is just dead people's baggage.
pr0xyt0xin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2018, 09:24 AM   #31
3dman27
super-hero wannabe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zarex View Post
most likely yes but if marvel can team up Spider-man and iron man who knows?

Old 04-24-2018, 05:19 PM   #32
Milk Tray Guy
70s Man of Action

ANTOINE FUQUA TALKS POTENTIAL FOR A MORBIUS OR BLADE FILM AT CINEMACON

Quote:
While at CinemaCon, we had the chance to sit down and talk to director Antoine Fuqua for his upcoming sequel, The Equalizer 2 and posed the question about tackling the comic book genre after making waves in the action and crime thriller genre. Fuqua said he was approached for Morbius: The Living Vampire at Sony as he's a Spider-Man villain primarily.
Full article;

http://www.joblo.com/movie-news/anto...-cinemacon-861

I'll say again, Ethan Hawke for Michael Morbius!

Old 04-25-2018, 12:19 AM   #33
Ultimate Thor
Nova Force

Quote:
Originally Posted by pr0xyt0xin View Post
I would be 100% okay never seeing Dracula or Hercules in the MCU. There are a few more I could name, but those two specifically are just too played out on screen. No thanks.

But a dark universe on the other hand, hell yuss. Ghost Rider, Blade and Morbius, Man-Thing, culminating in a Midnight Sons flick led by Doctor Strange. I'm in.
Now you talked! I'd love if Marvel could give me a proper Ghost Rider and Man-Thing!

Ultimate Thor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2018, 02:52 PM   #34
Johnglen
Side-Kick

Quote:

The version of Dracula in tomb of Dracula is fantastic, I don’t care how many other versions have appeared on screen plus the beauty of tomb of Dracula is its entire cast of characters which is basically amazing.

Johnglen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2018, 06:45 PM   #35
Spider-Aziz
Death Match Taunt

Do you hope to see Blade as a guy in visors and yellow outfit who becomes a vampire by being bit by Dracula?
Quote:

YOUTUBE
Michael Keaton's Batman is the ASMR master of superheroes.

The internet: You formed your personal opinion and liked something popular? You are part of the herd. You like something new and unpopular? Cult of the new.
Spider-Aziz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2018, 01:27 PM   #36
SirStrangefolk
Champion of Life

Quote:
I can't think of any contemporary Hercules stories. Especially not ones where it is a buddy movie where he's paired up with a korean teen genius.

SirStrangefolk is offline   Reply With Quote