The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > General Movies > Marvel Films

Old 04-16-2018, 01:24 AM   #76
Surfer
Sentinel of the Spaceways

Default Re: Who Could Replace Thanos as the Next Big Bad Villain of the Universe

I want Dr. Doom to be the Loki of phase 4, 5 & 6, by being a major presence in all the Fantastic Four movies, as well as intertwined into some of the other Marvel movies. Fantastic Four the third movie should be about the coming of Galactus and then leading into a Marvel Super Heroes Secret Wars. Unlike Phase 1, 2 and 3 most of the Villains from the previous movies will be returning to fight against the Heroes on battleworld. The Beyonder is seen to be the big bad by most in the vain of Thanos, but instead of looking to destroy he is looking to fulfill his curiosity by pitting the best of Earths Heroes against Earths Villains. However, despite being the most powerful force the Marvel Heroes and Villains have ever encountered in the MCU, Doom only see's opportunity. So, like in the comics he constructs a machine to steal Galactus's power right at the moment where Galactus has just about completed devouring the Sun, TAA II and Battle World. Then Doom takes on the Beyonder and becomes Doom with the Beyonder's powers.

So, basically Doom plays a similar role to Loki in the MCU, but ends up being more like the Thanos of the MCU.

Surfer

http://forums.superherohype.com/showthread.php?t=542955

New MCU battles will be held each week in the Marvel Films forum!

Join our discussion on the MCU's Power Tier - http://forums.superherohype.com/showthread.php?t=535009
Surfer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2018, 02:38 PM   #77
Tg11
Side-Kick

Default Re: Who Could Replace Thanos as the Next Big Bad Villain of the Universe

Doctor Doom is more like Loki so as for who should be the Thanos of the new MCU? It should be Kang

Tg11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2018, 11:23 PM   #78
Hello2016
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rorschach2012 View Post
Damn that artwork is sick
Yeah, it came out February 1986.

I looked online finding a preview link here with writing/art credits: https://read.marvel.com/#/book/13081 To view the whole thing have to sign up for month membership though.

I'm not sure how it would hold up to reading now but a lot of the 80's artists certainly had a certain touch that now seems sort of nostalgic in a way maybe.

Hello2016 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2018, 08:06 AM   #79
Tg11
Side-Kick

Or Beyonder even works too

Old 04-17-2018, 10:05 AM   #80
Leo Zelinsky
Mutie

I'd like to see Dracula. He's a powerful marvel villain

The agreement also provides Disney with the opportunity to reunite the X-Men with the Marvel family under one roof and create richer, more complex worlds of inter-related characters and stories that audiences have shown they love.
Leo Zelinsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2018, 02:46 PM   #81
eon001
Side-Kick

Doom or Kang.
I think you could do a pretty good slow burn with Dooms relationship with the FF and Black Panther.

The next Infinity War could be Doom War with the whole MCU battling Doom.

eon001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2018, 03:05 AM   #82
Silvermoth
Avenger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo Zelinsky View Post
I'd like to see Dracula. He's a powerful marvel villain
He’s been done everywhere though. If they were going for a Europa then tyrant with vlad the impaler tendencies they could just do doom.

Casting is going to be hard though. We’ve all got such different versions of doom in our heads

Old 04-23-2018, 09:01 AM   #83
ernesth100
Spidey-Hog

Did the Fox deal even officially go through yet?

#DesignedByTonyStark
ernesth100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2018, 11:09 AM   #84
Chance Jackson
Side-Kick

do we need a big bad villain of the universe? I think they should chill with that for awhile before pushing out another 1. When it does come time for another over-arching villain ideally there would be 1 for Earth like Doom and 1 for the Space heroes like Magus before we get to someone like Galactus

Chance Jackson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2018, 05:41 AM   #85
Leo Zelinsky
Mutie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silvermoth View Post
He’s been done everywhere though. If they were going for a Europa then tyrant with vlad the impaler tendencies they could just do doom.

Casting is going to be hard though. We’ve all got such different versions of doom in our heads

Yeah but Marvel has the Midas touch. They can do whatever and make it cool.

If not Dracula then Count Nefaria would be good.

The agreement also provides Disney with the opportunity to reunite the X-Men with the Marvel family under one roof and create richer, more complex worlds of inter-related characters and stories that audiences have shown they love.
Leo Zelinsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2018, 06:09 PM   #86
Silvermoth
Avenger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chance Jackson View Post
do we need a big bad villain of the universe? I think they should chill with that for awhile before pushing out another 1. When it does come time for another over-arching villain ideally there would be 1 for Earth like Doom and 1 for the Space heroes like Magus before we get to someone like Galactus
I like big bads, I think there are some villains that are just too good for a one and done type role

Old 04-24-2018, 06:11 PM   #87
darrenbevan1
Side-Kick

Spoiler free review of the film Avengers Infinity War here - http://darrens-world-of-entertainmen...lm-review.html

darrenbevan1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2018, 11:23 PM   #88
Kirk Langstrom
FRANCINE!!!!

[CODE][/CODE

Korvac

Old 04-29-2018, 05:10 AM   #89
Silvermoth
Avenger

I think the secret is, don’t try and go bigger. Go for someone more personal.

People loved winter soldier and killmonger not so much because they were going to blow up the planet but because of the devastation they wrought on the heroes

Old 04-29-2018, 08:24 AM   #90
Tg11
Side-Kick

Then how about Red Skull you can bring back Johann Schmidt for that

Old 04-29-2018, 09:35 AM   #91
BobJM
Who's Bad?

Kang.

Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:
Especially if the rumors about A4 regarding time travel turn out to be true, this could be what brings Kang into the fold.

Then Phase 4 could also launch a Young Avengers franchise with Iron Lad as a young Kang looking to avert his destiny.

BobJM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2018, 03:10 AM   #92
Silvermoth
Avenger

Oh how I would love to see the young avengers

Old 05-01-2018, 01:46 AM   #93
SabreHAWK

Speaking of Thanos.. Twisted beyond reason and mad as a hatter - hellbent on achieving his dream, I'd say anyone of you who have watched Naruto - Madara and Obito would be in good company with him. Both of their power levels equal godhead.

If there is an epic in the making, I sense one day there will be an adaptation of Naruto that could rival MCU.

Last edited by SabreHAWK; 05-01-2018 at 01:54 AM.
SabreHAWK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2018, 02:09 AM   #94
pr0xyt0xin
Shaper Savant

So I think a secret war/skrull invasion based plot for the next phase would be just as entertaining as a single big bad. The threat they present could have been kicked off due to the destruction of Galactus. This could pave the way into phase 5 and 6 that also intro'd Galactus. Sorta as follows:

Phase 1 - Loki (Infinity Stones)
Phase 2 - Ultron (Infinity Stones)
Phase 3 - Thanos (Infinity Stones)

Phase 4 - Skrulls (Coming of Galactus)
Phase 5 - Doom (Coming of Galactus)
Phase 6 - Galactus (Coming of Galactus)

Still a big bad, but more prominently, a big "threat"

Tradition is just dead people's baggage.
pr0xyt0xin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2018, 12:20 PM   #95
Tg11
Side-Kick

I want someone who is just as much of a threat perhaps someone who is even a much bigger threat than Thanos so that way we can have almost every hero in the MCU try to take this threat down

Old 05-01-2018, 12:54 PM   #96
m1ll3r
Failed experiment

Gotta be Doom, hasn’t it? Speaking as someone who doesn’t know the Marvel comic universe all that well, when I think ‘Marvel Big Bad’ I think Thanos, Doctor Doom, Galactus & Apocalypse.

Doom is the most compelling character out of those three by miles.

2018 movies: Black Panther - 7.9/10, The Cloverfield Paradox - 2/10, Get Out - 9/10, Ready Player One - 7/10, Annihilation - 8/10, Avengers Infinity War - 8.5/10, Deadpool 2 - 8.5/10, Solo - 6.5/10, A Quiet Place - 9/10, Jurassic World Fallen Kingdom - 5/10
m1ll3r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2018, 12:55 PM   #97
Tg11
Side-Kick

If Disney can get the rights then Kang is just as big a threat as Thanos is

Old 05-11-2018, 02:37 AM   #98
Dasher10
I'm like Deadpool IRL

Scott Buck

Old 05-11-2018, 10:47 AM   #99
BigThor
God of Thunder

After more thought I definitely say Kang over Doctor Doom, I know I know he's everybody's favorite Marvel villain but Doom is like a pre-school Thanos. He doesn't bring anything to the table that Thanos does't bring much more of.

Kang on the other hand brings the threat of technology thousands of years into the future and casually conquers planets. He could be behind the scenes manipulating the current events of the next few Phases from the FUTURE how boss is that?

http://forums.superherohype.com/showthread.php?t=542683

Join our discussion on the MCU's Power Tier - http://forums.superherohype.com/showthread.php?t=535009

MCU Thor Respect Thread
http://forums.superherohype.com/showthread.php?t=541747
BigThor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2018, 11:27 AM   #100
Protar
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigThor View Post
After more thought I definitely say Kang over Doctor Doom, I know I know he's everybody's favorite Marvel villain but Doom is like a pre-school Thanos. He doesn't bring anything to the table that Thanos does't bring much more of.

Kang on the other hand brings the threat of technology thousands of years into the future and casually conquers planets. He could be behind the scenes manipulating the current events of the next few Phases from the FUTURE how boss is that?
You're just thinking in terms of raw power which I think is the wrong approach. Thanos just snapped his fingers and destroyed half the universe. If they try and top him in power with the next villain it will fail. The next big bad, if there even is one, has got to be more low-key; an up close and personal villain who can scheme and manipulate. Doom is perfect for that. Once you've given the cosmic threat thing a break for a couple of phases, then you can move back to villains like Kang and Galactus.

Protar is offline   Reply With Quote