The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > General Movies > Marvel Films

Closed Thread

Old 04-11-2018, 09:45 PM   #76
random_havoc
The Golden Guardian

Default Re: The Rebooted "Keep Hope Alive" (that the rights can revert back to Marvel) Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marvel united View Post
I want Stark alive. How will the Illuminati be formed if one of the key members is dead?
Yep

Old 04-11-2018, 09:51 PM   #77
Big Bang
Side-Kick

Default Re: The Rebooted "Keep Hope Alive" (that the rights can revert back to Marvel) Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Detective Conan View Post
Hot-take: The MCU Fantastic Four should not be introduced by themselves in an solo film but in a crossover event film then use that as a springboard for their solo film(like they did with Spider-Man). The brand is too tainted to immediately introduce them with a solo film. They must appear in a crossover film(i.e. Civil War) to get mainstream audiences hyped for The Fantastic Four again.
I think Marvel Studios has more than enough cred with the General Audience that they can pull it off in a single go without having to do a major crossover. Perhaps something like what they did in Ant-Man with Falcon's cameo to help cement the connection.

So long as the GA knows who is behind it and that it is connected to the MCU, I think it will do just fine.

Old 04-11-2018, 10:12 PM   #78
Marvel united
Avenger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Bang View Post
Yes. Expect another week for AT&T to make its case. After that, it is in the hands of the judge, and that is going to be the longest wait. The judge is expected to announce his ruling sometime in late May/early June right now.
Oh wow, this is going to be a much longer wait than I thought. So how long after the ruling will we know what happens with Comcast?

Old 04-11-2018, 10:18 PM   #79
Iceman
Infinity War!

Quote:
I think Marvel Studios has more than enough cred with the General Audience that they can pull it off in a single go without having to do a major crossover. Perhaps something like what they did in Ant-Man with Falcon's cameo to help cement the connection.

So long as the GA knows who is behind it and that it is connected to the MCU, I think it will do just fine.
I would like to see them introduced/referenced beforehand regardless just because it would be the more fun method for me in integrating them. If they could be individually mentioned or have cameos in other films before the team film I'd love it.

Old 04-11-2018, 10:37 PM   #80
Detective Conan
Side-Kick

Quote:

I dunno, the general audience seems quite oblivious to the fact that Fox Marvel and Disney Marvel are not the same thing.

Old 04-12-2018, 04:47 AM   #81
Crimz
Side-Kick

Quote:
I dunno, the general audience seems quite oblivious to the fact that Fox Marvel and Disney Marvel are not the same thing.
The GA are more savvy than we give them credit for. They may not know the exact ins and outs, but many do know that the Fox films are different to the Marvel ones and that the FF and X-films aren't associated with the MCU.

All Marvel has to do is introduce members of the FF in other films first and make it clear that the next FF will be from them and not Fox like the previous ones. Advertising it right is key.

Old 04-12-2018, 08:53 AM   #82
Willie Lumpkin
Trophy Husband

If I put myself in the shoes of someone who doesn't really know what's going on, and I'm looking at the Marvel trailer for the first time, I'm going to see the Marvel style in that trailer and realize it's a far better interpretation than I've ever seen before, so for anybody who hasn't just decided they completely hate the FF, I think people will be interested in a new, Marvel FF film.

But I also like the idea of introducing the characters in other films. That way we can get the 'origin' out of the way without wasting time in the first FF film introducing the characters.

Old 04-12-2018, 08:54 AM   #83
Detective Conan
Side-Kick

Disney is required to buy All Sky shares if takeover bid fails.

Need to clarify they do not mean if their Fox purchase fails but their bid for Sky. If they are not able to acquire Sky prior to the completion of their aquisition of Fox they will have put in another bid to purchase all of Sky shares.

Edit: here's what I find interesting...

Quote:
The statement read: “Following completion of the acquisition by Disney of Fox (after a spin-off of certain businesses), Disney will be required to make a mandatory offer to the holders of ordinary shares in Sky as a result of Fox’s stake of approximately 39% in Sky. The basis for this ruling is that the panel executive considers that securing control of Sky might reasonably be considered to be a significant purpose of Disney’s acquiring control of Fox.”

Last edited by Detective Conan; 04-12-2018 at 09:09 AM.
Old 04-12-2018, 09:26 AM   #84
Big Bang
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marvel united View Post
Oh wow, this is going to be a much longer wait than I thought. So how long after the ruling will we know what happens with Comcast?
There is no way of knowing in that regard if they will do anything at all. They could up and decide to bid on Fox tomorrow if they wanted to. It's going to be a nail biter for a while. My opinion of the situation is that the judge will rule that AT&T cannot have both DirectTV & Turner. They are just too big and the amount of damage they can do with weaponizing certain content could crush smaller competitors. There is no way that AT&T will ever let go of DirectTV, so I expect them to either take a smaller chunk of TWX or none at all. Even with the comparisons of when Comcast bought NBCUniversal, the two are only slightly similar. The primary point there is that Comcast's Cable TV service is only a fraction the size of AT&T's.

Quote:
I think that is partly why Marvel Studios updated its logo fanfare. It leaves an impression that is much harder to get mixed up with other studios.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iceman View Post
I would like to see them introduced/referenced beforehand regardless just because it would be the more fun method for me in integrating them. If they could be individually mentioned or have cameos in other films before the team film I'd love it.
That could work too. I'll trust whatever Feige and Co. can come up with to get them rolling.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crimz View Post
The GA are more savvy than we give them credit for. They may not know the exact ins and outs, but many do know that the Fox films are different to the Marvel ones and that the FF and X-films aren't associated with the MCU.

All Marvel has to do is introduce members of the FF in other films first and make it clear that the next FF will be from them and not Fox like the previous ones. Advertising it right is key.
When they do it (and they will ), I suspect they are going to re-purpose Avengers Tower as the Baxter building because the audiences knows exactly what that tower was and the connection is immediately established with little effort. You can easily have RDJ do a very quick scene with whoever plays Reed doing a walkthrough for a sale. Science banter ensues.

I think a one shot would be perfect to break the ice. Put it out on YouTube and it would trend in very short order. I think they will pull out all the stops.

Quote:
Disney is required to buy All Sky Sky shares if takeover bid fails.

Need to clarify they do not if their Fox purchase fails but their bid for Sky. If they are not able to acquire Sky prior to the completion of their acquisition of Fox they will have put in another bid to purchase all of Sky
It puts them in a tighter spot immediately with Comcast already making a higher bid, thus ending with a bidding war. TBH, don't be surprised if the British regulators drag their feet to ensure that this is exactly what happens.

Quote:
The basis for this ruling is that the panel executive considers that securing control of Sky might reasonably be considered to be a significant purpose of Disney’s acquiring control of Fox.
I'm sure it is a major piece. It is all about the tech Sky has, and how Disney can leverage it. This all about getting major pieces of technology and investing in the future.

Another interesting tidbit:
Quote:
The offer is required to be made by Disney within 28 days of acquiring Fox unless Fox has completed its own takeover of Sky, which is currently under review by Britain’s competition watchdog, or if a third party has acquired more than 50% of Sky shares.
i.e. if Comcast succeeds in its bid for the remainder of Sky prior to the closing of Disney+Fox, Disney does not have to bid for the rest. End result is an awkward marriage of Comcast and Disney sharing Sky.

Old 04-12-2018, 09:34 AM   #85
Iceman
Infinity War!

Getting a bit complicated.

Old 04-12-2018, 09:36 AM   #86
Iceman
Infinity War!

Quote:
That could work too. I'll trust whatever Feige and Co. can come up with to get them rolling.
Same here. Been long enough now and the MCU is still getting better and handling the unlikeliest properties very well so I'll certainly trust them to get it right.

Old 04-12-2018, 10:50 AM   #87
ImSGirl95
Doreen Green

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iceman View Post
Getting a bit complicated.
Yeah. I got lost lol
So, does this Sky stuff prevent Disney from getting all of Fox?

"You think of Marvel as the biggest studio in the world, but it’s really just Kevin [Feige] and his two friends... he's all about making something that entertains people but leaves you with something to think about."
Old 04-12-2018, 11:16 AM   #88
Big Bang
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImSGirl95 View Post
Yeah. I got lost lol
No.

Old 04-12-2018, 11:16 AM   #89
DawnWarrior
Questioner of Authority

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImSGirl95 View Post
Yeah. I got lost lol
I've been wondering the same thing.

VIDEO: Just how old are the X-Men in the movies? A Mathematical Analysis
Old 04-12-2018, 11:36 AM   #90
Detective Conan
Side-Kick

Cs Funny Re: The Rebooted "Keep Hope Alive" (that the rights can revert back to Marvel) Thread

Quote:
No.
Thank god we have you with your voluminous knowledge on this subject manner on this forum or we'd all be scratching our heads and panicking right now.

Old 04-12-2018, 11:43 AM   #91
Willie Lumpkin
Trophy Husband

I think a question that may be relevant at this moment is: “If Sky is taken out of the Fox Disney equation, is Comcast still as interested in buying Fox?”

Sky seems to have been something Comcast was particularly interested in.

Old 04-12-2018, 01:34 PM   #92
Big Bang
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Willie Lumpkin View Post
I think a question that may be relevant at this moment is: “If Sky is taken out of the Fox Disney equation, is Comcast still as interested in buying Fox?”
That is what remains to be seen. I'm certain on some level there are US based assets of Fox's that they'd like to have. The issue that would likely prevent them from taking all of Fox is the regulatory hurdles, as AT&T is currently facing. That is part of why they are waiting for resolution of the AT&T trial. Even though their TV subscription footprint is much smaller than AT&T's, they would still be thoroughly scrutinized since they already own NBCUniversal.

Quote:
Sky seems to have been something Comcast was particularly interested in.
They do. Sky has great streaming tech, and most of all, a relatively stable subscriber base with room for growth, unlike the US market which is contracting. If for example they wished to push forward with further media acquisitions they could make moves by getting a piece of Sky and raking in TV subscription revenue from Europe instead of the US. If they offloaded their US subscription operations they would avert many of the major hurdles. So if anything, Sky could be giving them a way to get around those hurdles.

Another part of that is there is a lot of resistance for Comcast to grow their subscriber base into different markets of the US as evidenced by the blocking of when they tried to acquire Time Warner Cable, with whom they actually didn't have much overlap with. So moving into the European market makes even more sense.

Old 04-12-2018, 03:10 PM   #93
ImSGirl95
Doreen Green

Disney-Fox Deal To Close By Summer 2019, FBC To Evolve, “Diet Fox” & More Highlights From Fox Town Hall Meeting

http://deadline.com/2018/04/disney-f...ce-1202363025/

"You think of Marvel as the biggest studio in the world, but it’s really just Kevin [Feige] and his two friends... he's all about making something that entertains people but leaves you with something to think about."
Old 04-12-2018, 03:12 PM   #94
ImSGirl95
Doreen Green

So, this Fox president guy is saying Summer 2019 at the latest, which could mean that there maybe an earlest, no?

Last edited by ImSGirl95; 04-12-2018 at 03:20 PM.
Old 04-12-2018, 03:15 PM   #95
Orba
Side-Kick

The estimate on the time the deal would take was always 12 to 18 months so this doesn't change anything.

Old 04-12-2018, 03:23 PM   #96
Big Bang
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orba View Post
The estimate on the time the deal would take was always 12 to 18 months so this doesn't change anything.
Yep. This aligns with what was said previously. Execs always go by the latest date with the hope of closing earlier.

Old 04-12-2018, 03:40 PM   #97
Marvel united
Avenger

Quote:
Disney is required to buy All Sky shares if takeover bid fails.

Need to clarify they do not mean if their Fox purchase fails but their bid for Sky. If they are not able to acquire Sky prior to the completion of their aquisition of Fox they will have put in another bid to purchase all of Sky shares.

Edit: here's what I find interesting...
I'm pretty sure this is just speculation. Surely Disney wouldn't be okay with losing Fox for Sky

Old 04-12-2018, 04:03 PM   #98
Leo Zelinsky
Mutie

Can't wait

The agreement also provides Disney with the opportunity to reunite the X-Men with the Marvel family under one roof and create richer, more complex worlds of inter-related characters and stories that audiences have shown they love.
Old 04-12-2018, 04:29 PM   #99
Shinobi Shaw
Side-Kick

Praise the merger gods.

#MutantLivesMatter
#BringBackThe4

Old 04-12-2018, 05:05 PM   #100
GoblinScrier
Side-Kick

I am still holding out that we might get even a mention of Latveria as a nation either in IW or A4...for me it would be a jaw dropper moment...I know I am setting myself up for disappointment...just desperate for the ball to get going and bring Doom in....