The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > X-Men > The Wolverine

Closed Thread

Old 07-19-2012, 07:31 PM   #601
marvelrobbins
Side-Kick

Default Re: News & Discussion Thread

I hope this Is now the full cast except for tiny roles.Keep It personal with rather small group.8 major characters with Viper now cast.

I am really excited for this film something I can't really say for the other 2013 comic book films.Yes X-Men Is my favorate Comic Book group of characters.

Just like previous film Wolverine Is the drawing point for this film.It was stupid adding all the other characters In.

Old 07-19-2012, 07:48 PM   #602
def28
Side-Kick

I actually liked all the actors in Origins. Was just bummed on how they ****ed up their characters minus Creed. They did what they could though.

Sucks about Biel. Was looking forward to her. Im sure this new actress will be great,Mangold chooses good actors.

Old 07-19-2012, 09:27 PM   #603
p4poetic
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by LauraT View Post
I wondered if negotiations weren't going so well when she distanced herself a little bit a few days ago.

They weren't false it was reported she was in negotiations and she was, but those have now broken down.

Maybe her agents felt the buzz was kind of mixed? Or the deal they were offering wasn't good enough for her.
http://www.whosay.com/jessicabiel/co...w&code=rbh3NbO

Quote:
July 19, 2012 Thanks for all the kind words about Viper. I'm honored to have been offered the chance (and considered to be badass enough!) to fill her mutant shoes.

Old 07-19-2012, 09:54 PM   #604
marvelrobbins
Side-Kick

Don't get upset.The script had the Silver Samurai portrayed as not a mutant.

Old 07-19-2012, 10:18 PM   #605
def28
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvelrobbins View Post
Don't get upset.The script had the Silver Samurai portrayed as not a mutant.
Is that confirmed? Why did they do that?

Old 07-19-2012, 10:31 PM   #606
marvelrobbins
Side-Kick

They apparently wanting to focus on Silver Samurai as warrior with electryfied armor and keep Wolverine as solo Mutant In story.This doesn't upset me since most of the time
he doesn't use his mutant ability.And this means they are not going to try to throw In tons of characters.I like Idea of film with wolverine with sword or his claws up against
The Silver Samuri,Shingen,and ninjas.They can get away with not having the Silver Samurai as Mutant and be true to character.Remember him and Viper weren't In original
Wolverine Limited series.They were In Uncanny X-Mwn 172,173 the followup to Wolverine limited series.My suspecion has been they are combining elements from wolverine
Limited series,The Uncanny X-Men followup,and Wolverine story where Mariko dies.

Old 07-19-2012, 10:44 PM   #607
def28
Side-Kick

INteresting, not too sure how I feel about him not being a mutant. Not against it or for it really. Depends what they do. I always thought a big threat with Silver Samurai was that with his power, he could cut through pretty much anything but adamantium. IN the flick they should change it so he can cut through it to build up more danger to the scene.

Last edited by def28; 07-21-2012 at 07:11 AM.
Old 07-20-2012, 09:02 AM   #608
narrows101
Side-Kick

Hugh is a rabid sports fan, and he went to a Manly Eagles game today. Check out the photo - he already has the Wolverine chops (which look funny with short hair LOL).

Awesome first nrl game!!!!!! Hugh jackman!!!!!! @b3lyndahh
pic.twitter.com/EaLueU1v

Larger:

http://twitter.com/Michlaine10/statu.../photo/1/large

Last edited by narrows101; 07-20-2012 at 09:13 AM.
Old 07-20-2012, 01:18 PM   #609
Snikt
Side-Kick

He may be the only man I know who can rock the mutton chops lol. Even when he's sporting the chops, he's a good looking man

Old 07-20-2012, 05:10 PM   #610
The Strategos
Side-Kick

Biel for Scarlet Witch someday ! I'm so locking forwards to this movie. I loved Origins (yeah, I know) and this could be really different!

Old 07-20-2012, 07:10 PM   #611
psylockolussus
Fierce User

I'm really hoping Silver Samurai will be a mutant in the movie. I like the Russian actress that might possibly play as Viper!

Old 07-20-2012, 07:34 PM   #612
danoyse
Snikt. Stab. Repeat.
SHH! Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by narrows101 View Post
Hugh is a rabid sports fan, and he went to a Manly Eagles game today. Check out the photo - he already has the Wolverine chops (which look funny with short hair LOL).

Awesome first nrl game!!!!!! Hugh jackman!!!!!! @b3lyndahh
pic.twitter.com/EaLueU1v

Larger:

http://twitter.com/Michlaine10/statu.../photo/1/large
He is looking very Wolverine-ish right now.

”We live in times when hate and fear seem stronger. We rise and fall, and light from dying embers: remembrances that hope and love last longer. And love is love is love is love is love is love is love cannot be killed or swept aside."
Old 07-20-2012, 11:12 PM   #613
def28
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by psylockolussus View Post
I'm really hoping Silver Samurai will be a mutant in the movie.
Yeah, Im not sure what they will gain by not making him a mutant.

Old 07-21-2012, 01:55 AM   #614
Avenger
Earth's Mightiest Fanboy

I think it's pretty likely that Silver Samurai will be a mutant. Either way, I wonder if they'll give him an adamantium katana just so he can keep up with Wolverine in a fight.

Old 07-21-2012, 02:09 AM   #615
psylockolussus
Fierce User

Quote:
Originally Posted by def28 View Post
Yeah, Im not sure what they will gain by not making him a mutant.
Plus Silver Samurai creates teleportation rings. That would look cool in film and it would make the fight scenes with Wolverine 5 times better. I really hope Wolverine isn't the only mutant in this movie because it sounds lame for a X-Men movie to just feature 1 mutant (the mutant we already saw before). Wolverine heals all the time and he wouldn't have a hard time beating Silver Samurai if Silver Samurai doesn't have any mutant powers. Plus to me, mutant powers make the characters extra special.

Old 07-21-2012, 06:32 AM   #616
The Strategos
Side-Kick

I agree!

Old 07-21-2012, 06:45 AM   #617
Red Mask
Human Killing Machine

Quote:
Originally Posted by psylockolussus View Post
Plus Silver Samurai creates teleportation rings. That would look cool in film and it would make the fight scenes with Wolverine 5 times better. I really hope Wolverine isn't the only mutant in this movie because it sounds lame for a X-Men movie to just feature 1 mutant (the mutant we already saw before). Wolverine heals all the time and he wouldn't have a hard time beating Silver Samurai if Silver Samurai doesn't have any mutant powers. Plus to me, mutant powers make the characters extra special.
Ninjas aren't special?

All Men Betray
Old 07-21-2012, 07:08 AM   #618
def28
Side-Kick

Ninjas are ****ing rad. SS should stand out though, the more I think about him not being a mutant the more I think its a mistake. Im sure theres ways to make it work but this electro armor doesnt sound as cool as him projecting his power into weapons. Building up a showdown with the only two mutants in the film could impact the stakes of the fight alot, more so then Logan wrecking through another human. Ill save my full judgement, right now I guess I dont see the point of him being a non mutant.

Last edited by def28; 07-21-2012 at 07:24 AM.
Old 07-21-2012, 01:57 PM   #619
lastairbender
Side-Kick

Well i think they will leave the mutant "thing" to x-men movies... its not important here the mutant context. I think there wont be mutants here, just Wolverine...

I think Biel has a very superhero body and face.. a very strong silhouette! She has to be some mutant one day.. I think she would be great as Viper...I'm frustrated...perhaps Solaris or Scarlet Witch

Anxious about set photos and see the costumes and so!

Old 07-21-2012, 02:01 PM   #620
lastairbender
Side-Kick

Well im just happy Viper is i the movie... Wonder if she keeps the green outtfite, green hair and lips! And about the scar on her face with her hair covering? She will be badaass...

Old 07-21-2012, 04:17 PM   #621
lastairbender
Side-Kick

One question guys! Dont you think that the release of Smurfs 2 (the first one was a huge hit) 5 days after and Red 2 and 300 sequel will affect Wolverine performance?

Old 07-22-2012, 05:28 AM   #622
Thedudehimself
Banned User

I dont think that FOX considers "The Wolverine" to become a huge jaggernaut at the Box Office. I guess what they expect here is a mild success and a strong home release. The fact that it has only 80 Million USD budget shows us clearly that FOX is taking the safe route with this one. It wont bomb, just because the budget is so low. At least low for a summer superhero blockbuster. I think if "The Wolverine" manages to pull off a 400 Million USD WorldWide performace at the Box Office FOX already would be pleased.

Regarding the controversy wether the Silver Samurai should be a mutant or not:

I can only speak for myself, but I honestly dont give a dump. As long as the Silver Samurai has his remarkable skills and gives Wolvie a good match I will be pleased.

Actually I am liking the fact that they re trying to keep other mutants out of the movie. They really learned from XOW, now they want to keep the film small and personal, Wolverine-centric. I think thats the right way to do it. That whole mutant overkill was one of the biggest reasons that killed XOW.

Also, when "The Wolverine" first was announced, they described it as an "One-Off". That is really a smart move, just focus on a nice and personal Wolverine solo adventure, this movie doesent nessecarily have to tie into the other X-Movies. Just tell a story about Wolverine. I think they dont even have to mention or adress the whole X-Men universe.

Doing it this way the film could really become a strong character piece, as well as a sleeper hit.

Old 07-22-2012, 06:20 AM   #623
The Strategos
Side-Kick

I think Smurfs 2, RED 2 and the 300 sequel will all suck something awful!

Old 07-22-2012, 06:50 AM   #624
psylockolussus
Fierce User

Quote:
Originally Posted by lastairbender View Post
One question guys! Dont you think that the release of Smurfs 2 (the first one was a huge hit) 5 days after and Red 2 and 300 sequel will affect Wolverine performance?
Eh not really. 300 made at least $200 million at the domestic box-office but I don't think a lot of casual viewers are eagerly anticipating for the 2nd movie. Red didn't get more than $100 million at the box-office. Smurfs 2 is like the new Alvin and the Chipmunks. It will be successful but I don't think it will be a big threat to the success of the other films.

Old 07-22-2012, 07:03 AM   #625
narrows101
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thedudehimself View Post
The fact that it has only 80 Million USD budget shows us clearly that FOX is taking the safe route with this one.
I think that $80M number may be in Australia dollars, only the Australia budget amount (not including Japan) and after the tax rebate that was given. That was the impression I got and I don't think that's the real number.

Closed Thread