The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > General Movies > DC Comics Films

Old 06-21-2018, 08:39 AM   #251
Willi Berg
Matrix Baby

Default Re: Animated Death of Superman/Reign of the Supermen Two-Parter coming 2018/2019

A definite must-buy

http://www.ramascreen.com/the-death-...oduct-details/

DC Movies:
http://supermantojusticeleague.tumblr.com/
Willi Berg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2018, 06:58 PM   #252
Binker
Side-Kick

Default Re: Animated Death of Superman/Reign of the Supermen Two-Parter coming 2018/2019

I just had a thought: they talked about how Doomsday came to Earth as if that was the plan, and we did see a boom tube bring the meteorite to Earth. I strongly believe Darkseid will be in Mongul's place in ROS. But this leads to two questions concerning ROS, one I had already, and the other just now:

1) Is that true, and its Darkseid that's the main villain in ROS?

and

2) The movies were reflecting the New 52, but now, the new 52 has come and gone, replaced by DC Rebirth and the current DC Universe banners, and the changes and events related to it. My question is: when Superman returns, or even at the end of ROS, will this be reflected by a certain costume change that will scream it?

Defender of MAN OF STEEL. The most divisive and unfairly criticized film that happens to be Superman's best since SUPERMAN (1978).
As a Batman fan, I must say: I'm getting sick of seeing him all over the place thanks to WB.
Binker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2018, 08:45 PM   #253
Primal Slayer
Let the Siren scream

Finished it. It was really good even though I am tired of the animation and designs for this verse. The fight scenes...were BRUTAL but some of the best scenes in the film.

Havent been able to enjoy a DC-DTV since what feels like forever.

Last edited by Primal Slayer; 06-21-2018 at 10:27 PM.
Primal Slayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2018, 08:42 AM   #254
Grommers
Side-Kick

Eh - I'm still loving the designs. They seem to have aged well imo as well helps with maintaining continuity.

Overall, great movie. I really liked the slow build up showing clark and how good of a person he is, and the simplistically of his ideals. I do wish this movie had a better score, as this wasn't memorable at all.

Really excited for the reign of the supermen too.

Old 06-26-2018, 12:16 AM   #255
MaceB
Side-Kick

I enjoyed this one. The DC animated series is starting to bare fruit, which is nice. As far as Doomsday animated films go, this one is probably my favorite representation.

Still, that's easy compared to the Reign of Superman storyline. Curious where they are going with that one.

MaceB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2018, 02:15 AM   #256
Shinobi Shaw
Side-Kick

This was way more enjoyable than it should've been. I haven't kept up with the New 52 continuity but it maintained the essence of the OG storyline anyway. They need to get away from the anime design; do something different, all the movies look drawn the same.

Aside from the animation, my only gripe was how you have A-List Leaguers getting their asses handed to them by Doomsday. There should've been more fight left in Wonder Woman and Green Lantern of all people, but it added to the drama.

It was f'ed up how they did the Kents at the funeral. Loved that part.

I'd still give the edge to Superman Doomsday, but this was a solid A-

Shinobi Shaw is offline   Reply With Quote