The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > General Movies > DC Comics Films

Old 07-23-2017, 03:21 AM   #26
Juan1193
Side-Kick

Default Re: Animated Death of Superman/Reign of the Supermen Two-Parter coming 2018/2019

Quote:
Originally Posted by BH/HHH View Post
No it shouldn't because it's going to be a faithful adaptation and personally I hate the War/Damien universe.
Yes it should! It's the only way this film is even remotely interesting! The groundwork is there! Enough heroes/villains are established to make Superman's death worthwhile. Otherwise it's just a retread of Doomsday with a couple of obscure characters thrown in in part 2.

7) Spider-Man 2 8)The Dark Knight Rises 9)Thor Ragnarok 10) X2: X-Men United
Juan1193 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2017, 07:32 AM   #27
Pfeiffer-Pfan
Cool Rider

Default Re: Animated Death of Superman/Reign of the Supermen Two-Parter coming 2018/2019

Honestly, the less time spent in the new animated universe, the better. I've never been crazy about it.

Pfeiffer-Pfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2017, 07:40 AM   #28
zlucamanz
Side-Kick

wow so superman lack interesting storyline to adapted so WB need to play this storyline over over and again.is this the fourth that they doing this death thing right?
Doomdays/JL/BvS

zlucamanz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2017, 08:57 AM   #29
BH/HHH
You Are My World

Quote:
Originally Posted by Juan1193 View Post
Yes it should! It's the only way this film is even remotely interesting! The groundwork is there! Enough heroes/villains are established to make Superman's death worthwhile. Otherwise it's just a retread of Doomsday with a couple of obscure characters thrown in in part 2.
No it's not have you even read the Death and Return storyline? Superman Doomsday didn't adapt hardly any of it.

Old 07-25-2017, 06:14 PM   #30
Milk Tray Guy
70s Man of Action

Quote:
Originally Posted by -JKR- View Post
Meh!

I liked Superman: Doomsday, and they could've used the budget to adapt another story instead.
Ditto. I liked the different way that Superman: Doomsday told the story. I'd be up for an animated Superman solo but not something that's already been done - to my mind satisfactorily.

"It's funny, isn't it? A life of truth, justice and the American, military, capitalist way. In the end, you die on the moon, wondering if your bowels will let go. And tomorrow, the world will go on like nothing happened. Dragged kicking and screaming to a better day." Manchester Black - Superman vs The Elite

Last edited by Milk Tray Guy; 07-25-2017 at 06:21 PM.
Milk Tray Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2017, 10:55 PM   #31
GREEN =w= DAY
Side-Kick

I am so excited for this!

GREEN =w= DAY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2017, 11:38 PM   #32
Lantern Venom
Arrowverse needs Kyle

I certainly would have preferred something not centered around Superman or Batman, but the Reign crossover was pretty interesting back in the day. I'm in.

The Flash: The Greatest Super Hero TV Show of All-Time.

Venom: 5/4/07 = Humiliation. 10/5/18 = Redemption?

R.I.P. Vartha, The Mod of Thunder.

Lantern Venom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2017, 12:05 AM   #33
TheVileOne
Side-Kick

Didn't they already do this?

- CM Punk
TheVileOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2017, 12:11 AM   #34
MMMMM...Pancakes
Cena Wins LOL

Hope this is a direct adaptation from the comic. Most of Part 2 should be World Without a Superman. They could do Hunter/Prey as a sequel and Emerald Twilight as a spin off.

MMMMM...Pancakes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2017, 12:22 AM   #35
BH/HHH
You Are My World

Quote:
Originally Posted by MMMMM...Pancakes View Post
Hope this is a direct adaptation from the comic. Most of Part 2 should be World Without a Superman. They could do Hunter/Prey as a sequel and Emerald Twilight as a spin off.
Depends how they do it, Superman could die about 30 mins into the Death of Superman, then we could get a portion of world without and the film could end setting up the new Supermen.

Old 07-26-2017, 12:37 AM   #36
MMMMM...Pancakes
Cena Wins LOL

Quote:
Depends how they do it, Superman could die about 30 mins into the Death of Superman, then we could get a portion of world without and the film could end setting up the new Supermen.
Don't disagree with that.

***Wrestling Thread***

2016 SHH WWE PPV Prediction Champion
MMMMM...Pancakes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2017, 12:43 AM   #37
Sawyer
High King

Quote:
That's the way to go. For me the Funeral For a Friend stuff was the strongest in the arc, so I definitely wouldn't want them to dedicate the entire first film to a 70-ish minute fight with Doomsday.

@HIGHzurrer

If your first TV love was Buffy, this season of The Magicians is the adult who looks like that first crush but is into your kink.
*sees someone trolling DCEU fans* *prepares to say something* *sees Snyder stans somehow being even more obnoxious than the trolls* *sighs*

*rinse and repeat*
Sawyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2017, 02:52 AM   #38
BH/HHH
You Are My World

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sawyer View Post
That's the way to go. For me the Funeral For a Friend stuff was the strongest in the arc, so I definitely wouldn't want them to dedicate the entire first film to a 70-ish minute fight with Doomsday.
It will be interesting to see how they tackle it, in the comics Superman was still dealing with the Underworlders stuff and the Justice League America (which had members like Blue Beetle, Maxima etc at the time) all took on Doomsday prior to Superman getting involved in the fight.

I think the films may go like this (what I've listed is a very condescend version of events):

- Superman dealing with the Underworlders
- Doomsday arrives
- Superman TV interview with Cat Grant
- Justice League America take on Doomsday
- Superman enters, takes on Doomsday
- The death of Superman
- Funeral for a friend
- World without a Superman
- Introduction of the 4 Supermen

Part 2
- Reign of the Supermen
- Return of Superman

Old 07-26-2017, 08:54 AM   #39
Rorschach2012
I'll Cancel the Pizzas

The 90s aesthetic is part of why I love this story... but the Justice League roster was so weak. I wouldn't mind if they swapped in a more traditional Justice League lineup

Rorschach2012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2017, 06:48 PM   #40
Milk Tray Guy
70s Man of Action

Quote:
Originally Posted by MMMMM...Pancakes View Post
That I would like to see.

"It's funny, isn't it? A life of truth, justice and the American, military, capitalist way. In the end, you die on the moon, wondering if your bowels will let go. And tomorrow, the world will go on like nothing happened. Dragged kicking and screaming to a better day." Manchester Black - Superman vs The Elite
Old 07-27-2017, 05:29 AM   #41
BH/HHH
You Are My World

I think post Reign of the Supermen the next Superman DTV animated film will be Red Son.

BH/HHH is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2017, 06:43 AM   #42
sadzness

Yayyyy is so excited

sadzness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2017, 03:47 PM   #43
Milk Tray Guy
70s Man of Action

Quote:
I think post Reign of the Supermen the next Superman DTV animated film will be Red Son.
I really hope so.

Old 07-27-2017, 04:14 PM   #44
BH/HHH
You Are My World

Quote:
Originally Posted by Milk Tray Guy View Post
I really hope so.
Same mate, I think it could depend on sales of Gotham by Gaslight though

Old 07-27-2017, 04:38 PM   #45
Milk Tray Guy
70s Man of Action

Quote:
Same mate, I think it could depend on sales of Gotham by Gaslight though
Good point, that could be a good indicator.

Old 07-28-2017, 03:03 AM   #46
Sawyer
High King

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pfeiffer-Pfan View Post
Honestly, the less time spent in the new animated universe, the better. I've never been crazy about it.
Obviously the animation development/production process is slow going, but I'm kind of surprised to see the universe still going in the form of the new Suicide Squad movie listed in the press release. I'd have thought the success of Rebirth on the comic side of things would get them to ditch the more New 52-y stuff.

Although, if they eventually want to work around to doing a movie based on Dan Jurgens' Lois and Clark comic, I would not argue.

@HIGHzurrer

If your first TV love was Buffy, this season of The Magicians is the adult who looks like that first crush but is into your kink.
*sees someone trolling DCEU fans* *prepares to say something* *sees Snyder stans somehow being even more obnoxious than the trolls* *sighs*

*rinse and repeat*
Sawyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2017, 06:57 AM   #47
Willi Berg
Matrix Baby

I am glad that the Death storyline will be given more time to be explored properly. I still watch Doomsday now and then. There are parts I like (like Jimmy Olsen's role and seeing the robot and the Fortress of Solitude) but that other stuff like the clone Superman is lacking.

It's a great chance to see Metropolis expanded upon, to see Suicide Slum and characters like Bibbo. I wonder if we will see characters like Bloodwynd and the Guardian.

But it would be good to get other stuff adapted like Red Son.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pfeiffer-Pfan View Post
This seems a little weird to me. The DEATH portion of this storyline has been done literally to *death* and it isn't even a very good Superman story overall. The REIGN stuff is typical convoluted 90's comic book story telling that was designed to sell multiple issues and spin-offs.

What about doing Birthright or Superman of All Seasons as two parters?

It just feels like they are repeating themselves unnecessarily here. However, I'm still intrigued to see what they do with it.

Maybe give me a strong attempt at the art style and Daly/Delany performing the roles and I might be more interested.
It would be nice to see those two. Though For All Seasons could be tough to adapt and the art needs to be done just right. I especially liked seeing more of Lana Lang and Pete Ross and Clark's early life in Smallville in that story.

Willi Berg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2017, 09:17 AM   #48
BH/HHH
You Are My World

I don't think you need two films to do Birthright and For All Seasons. One film each would suffice.

It's interesting for me with Birthright cause I love it but I think Secret Origin would actually be better to adapt. It's a bit more action orientated and I think would benefit more for the animated treatment.

BH/HHH is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2017, 09:57 AM   #49
Willi Berg
Matrix Baby

Quote:
I don't think you need two films to do Birthright and For All Seasons. One film each would suffice.

It's interesting for me with Birthright cause I love it but I think Secret Origin would actually be better to adapt. It's a bit more action orientated and I think would benefit more for the animated treatment.
Oh I would be happy if Birthright or All Seasons are done at all, two-parter or not. Especially would like to see For All Seasons, where they don't skimp on the art/animation.

Secret Origin would be great to see as well. It would be nice to see another Superman origin in animation.

Willi Berg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2017, 02:02 AM   #50
DocHolliday
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rorschach2012 View Post
The 90s aesthetic is part of why I love this story... but the Justice League roster was so weak. I wouldn't mind if they swapped in a more traditional Justice League lineup
Superman wouldn't have died if he had a traditional JL lineup backing him up in that first Doomsday fight though.

DocHolliday is offline   Reply With Quote